Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 72 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 72 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Vote_lcap'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Voting_bar'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Moon
'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Vote_lcap'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Voting_bar'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

'The Hunt'

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Departed
Fates Final Embrace
Fates Final Embrace
The Departed

RPG character
Name: Necati - Azural
Code Name: The Fallen- The Life Binder
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:05 pm

A taunting scoff escaped him at the joke as he stepped through the door into her home. The moment he entered the house the warm air hit him like a wall and all over goose bumps raised on his fluorescent white skin. It was strange to feel warmth it had been very long ago before such heat had even grazed over his skin. Turning he sat down to remove his heavy combat as his he watched the girl enter behind him her wry smile still plastered on her face from her witty jibe.

“Ah yes the Teen Titans let us just say that we are acquainted with each other on a more hostile than cordial level. So fear not that I will accidentally let your name slip at the countless slumber parties we attend together.”

The sarcasm was scathing now; it was obvious that there was no love lost between him and the teen superheroes that protected the city. He was sure that Alyss would notice the hostility but judging from her request of him she was not fond of their style as well. Though there was something else there. Necati’s eyes scanned her face; yes there was a tinge of sadness knitted in her brow. Something happened between her and them. He would not pry though it was not his business and furthermore he did not care. If the event had led her to this intersection of destiny he would count it as a blessing from fate.
After neatly lining the boots next to the sideboard he stood up heading down the hall way. Taking one step he froze mid pace as his foot sunk into the new soft carpet. It was a new sensation this sense of comfort was something he had not felt before. Shaking his head he moved quickly through the house heading toward the second door on the left.

“So what kind of pizza would you like?...let me guess….you look like a supreme or meatlovers kind of person. “

Necati knew this guess would probably be pretty far off but why not who knew maybe he would get lucky. Placing his left hand on the beautifully crafted oak door he leaned against it as he waited for her answer. His silver eyes moved about taking in her home. It was a beautifully crafted with older architecture styles, the spoke to some of the heights of human design. What stood out most to him though was the magnificent spiral staircase. It reminded him of the palaces he had seen in previous centuries of the royalty of France and England. Drawing his attention back to the girl he tapped on the wood as he patiently waited.
Back to top Go down
RobynStarling
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
RobynStarling

RPG character
Name: Alyss McGee
Code Name: Fear

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:14 am

"Anything with meat. The more more the better," she smiled, nodding her head.

Yawning widely, she kicked off her boots and lined them neatly next to the rest of her shoes, taking care of the symmetries. She motioned for her guest to follow her and opened the door to the lounge.
Taking a running leap over the couch, she landed softly in the centre of the room next to the large glass coffee table where her matches still sat, unused.
This room too, like the rest of the house was a clash of the modern and the old with a large stone fireplace gracing one wall and a huge LCD TV gracing the other. Two squishly leather sofas and another two identical leather chairs were placed in the middle of the room, squaring around the coffee table and facing the TV.
A gargantuan bookcase filled one wall, stuffed to the brim with her favourites, the old spines looking well worn. Her books had been the only things from her previous life worth keeping.

Alyss knelt in front of the fire, snatching up the matches and striking one in a single fluid motion. She cultivated the flames until the logs she had cut down from her garden were roaring merrily in the fireplace.
With a satisfied smile, she took to her feet again and nodded at her visitor. "Please, make yourself at home, kitchens through the alcove, help yourself to drinks. I'm going to grab a shower and some clothes because to be frank, I smell like blood and sweat." she smirked a little, before heading out of the door and dashing for the stairs.

The shower was in her en-suite at the top of the staircase - these were the times she wished she'd invested in a lift. The hot water ran at almost scalding temperature- Alyss had always loved the extreme sensations of burning away the previous day with water. If any day needed washing away is was today, here she stood a murderer- no, a revenger. Not a murderer. The water rolled over her skin, relaxing her aching muscles and soothing the sore joints of her knees. Quite possibly the best shower of her life. Ten minutes later, she was washed, dried and kitted out in the black vest top, black v-neck and pink striped shorts she wore as pajamas.

She headed for her guest again, after tying her freshly dried hair back in a ponytail and making sure the entirety of the blood was gone from her hands. Her guns were replaced and riot gear hung up, that was for another night now. Now was for relaxing her aches.

"So, I'm taking it you're not really my neighbour, or was that part true?" she said, entering the room. Taking the shortest route possible was essential in most situations and now was no exception- she jumped over the back of the leather armchair and slid down into it's soft confines, sitting sideways with her legs thrown over the side.
Back to top Go down
The Departed
Fates Final Embrace
Fates Final Embrace
The Departed

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:28 am

Necati let a small smile grace his lips as he responded to her joke before watching the dart up the stairs. Moving smoothly into the kitchen he moved to the phone picking it up he looked quizzically at the device. He did know how to use one but it had been years since he had called in a pizza he had no idea what number to dial. Taking a few more moments of careful deliberation he firmly pressed 411 for information. The phone began to slowly ring in his ear as he leaned against the oak counter tops. Then with a soft click the operator picked up. Making his voice as sweet as possible he asked to be connected to a pizza parlor near his current address. Instantly the line went dead for a moment before the phone began to ring again. Necati sighed, it was so pathetic a few minutes passed and after a very confusing conversation about credit cards and method of payment he had managed to order two large meat lovers pizza to the Alyss house. One was hand tossed and the other had stuffed crust though to be honest the reaper had no idea what either of those meant.

Replacing the phone on its rack he heard the water of the shower begin to run through the pipes. Moving slowly he went through the kitchen until he found the liquor cabinet. A wicked smile crossed his face as his eyes came across the malted whiskey. Pulling the bottle out along with the ridiculously sized 4 liter bottle of gin he returned to the parlor two iced filled glasses in hand. Carefully measuring himself a glass of whiskey Necati let himself sprawl out on the floor next to the fire. Leaning back he folded his arms behind his head as he let the warmth and roar of the old fireplace lull him into relaxation. Closing his eyes he let his mind and body rest as he went through the day in his head. However, the solitude of his mind was quickly interrupted for time escaped him and before he knew it Alyss was back. The soft thud of her body landing on the leather chair snapped him back to reality as he opened his eyes. Cocking his head to the side Necati laughed a little at the question.

“No you are correct that was a lie. I don’t have a place of residence in this world much less in this city. When I wish to rest and get away I retreat to the spirit realm…I mean it’s lonely and the other…occupants are noisy… but at least you don’t have any crazy neighbors.”

Necati put on a sarcastic smile as he took another sip of the whiskey. The warm tingling was a welcomed feeling as it moved down his throat.
“I do miss not having a place in this world every once in a while. Every couple of years or so I find myself tempted to by a medieval castle in older Europe. *he laughed a little* How silly that would be. Buying a house would just be one more tie to this world and another complication to take care of later.*he paused a moment as he swished the drink around the ice in his glass* so how about you Alyss how did you come by such a diamond in the rough. (referencing the house) After all a place of this much beauty is rare in steel city and costly I would imagine. How can such a young girl on a government salary afford such a extravagant abode?” The question was made in a joking tone. He was going through great pains to be as human as possible. At the same time he motioned to the bottle of gin and glass of ice he had left for her on the glass coffee table.

Back to top Go down
RobynStarling
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
RobynStarling

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:09 am

Alyss smiled, leaning forwards and half-filling the tumbler with the gin he had placed on the table for her. She relaxed into the chair, sighing with relief as the warmth of the fire washed over her.
"Depends on which part of the Government you're in. If you work dangerously, as I do, they're bound to give you a little more," she smiled, lazily. "Plus, my family used to be pretty wealthy, Dad was in the coal business when it was booming. When I came of age, I left my home with a lot more money than I thought. So I guess I came about it with inheritance, work and holiday pay."

The doorbell buzzed and she immediately jumped to her feet, hand going to her side. She heard the buzzer again and someone shout 'Pizza Deilvery?!" Laughing at her senseless violence, the girl silently padded through the hallway and opened the door, running down to the gate to collect the pizza with money grasped firmly in her hand. After a brief thanks, she headed back up the stairs carrying the two boxes on the flat of her palm.

"Grubs up!" she shouted, throwing a box at Necati, who was still resting on the floor. She smirked, reinstating her place on the armchair and opening the box. "Damn, I love stuffed crust!" she exclaimed, ripping a slice from the box. It'd be hours since she'd last eaten- probably even a day or two- and it was only the smell of the pizza that brought back the feelings of hunger. Wolfing down two slices took less than 3 minutes, so she settled back in the armchair with her drink. Indigestion was never a good thing- call it a pitstop.

"Well, if you feel so inclined as to not return to the 'other realm'," she murmured, sarcastically emphasising the last two words. "I have a ton of rooms, you're quite welcome to stay here, as long as no dead people show up."
Back to top Go down
The Departed
Fates Final Embrace
Fates Final Embrace
The Departed

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Catching the box with his offhand he set it down gently on the floor next to him. She was a strange girl indeed perhaps this embodiment of fear is what kept her on such an even keel in his presence. Opening the box his silver eyes took in the sight. The reaper didn’t need food…he could eat it but it served little purpose to him. Turning he watched the girl demolish her first two pieces and decided that in the interest of keeping up his appearance he would eat some. Reaching in he took a slice and ate it slowly. The taste of the meat, tomato sauce and cheese filled his pallet but were as bland as dirt to him. He chewed thoughtfully before swallowing and then forced himself to take another bite keeping his expressions static so not as to draw attention to himself. Then her question drifted down to his ears and wicked smile crossed his face. So she was skeptical about his powers that was alright most were. Taking another measured bite he waited a bit before responding.

“I may take you up on that offer but do not worry the dead rarely come seeking me. It’s actually quite problematic how much effort people put into avoiding …beings of my profession.”

Taking another long swig he finished the glass of whiskey and smoothly poured himself another before returning his gaze to the girl. Necati’s next words were spoke with more serious undertone he meant them to be a glimpse of reality for the girl.
“How determined are you to see this goal through?....For the corruption of this city is complete ranging from the highest government officials to the smallest thiefs…and you have vowed to kill them all. Now what I really wonder is how will your resolve remain when a good person….possible a friend, stands in your way? “

Back to top Go down
RobynStarling
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
RobynStarling

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Alyss chewed thoughtfully on the crust of her pizza, taking in his question. She smiled briefly at him, seeing a disgusted look brush his face briefly.
"You don't have to eat it, if you don't want. To be quite honest pizza isn't always great. Greasy." she said, licking her fingers. "I intend to finish this through. If it's government officials that need replacing, the guys at work can fill in those positions quite easily. I think it's just the quantity that irritates me, there is so much crime nowadays. Almost too much to handle."

She drank the rest of her gin down quickly and hissed at the strong taste. "But of course, I'm quite capable of handling it. And as for friends and loved ones...." Pouring herself another glass, she smiled widely at him, holding her glass in the air. "I don't have any. And if I did, I'd just let Fear take over my brain. She never has feelings for anyone, except hatred. If I needed to kill a friend, she could do it for me. Cold and emotionless is my middle name, buddy."

Taking another gulp of drink, she gazed at the dancing flames of the fire. "I just wish life could be peaceful sometimes, and then I remember that I get bored easily...." With a smile she raised herself to her feet and put the glass down on the table. "Well, if I'm correct in thinking that you are similar to Charon, the ferryman of the Underworld, to which I quote the Aeneid by Virgil 'He was a horrid, disfigured old man' I'm guessing that this isn't your true form. Now, do I want to see it, or is it better now to?" she said, hands on hips.
Back to top Go down
The Departed
Fates Final Embrace
Fates Final Embrace
The Departed

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:19 pm

A low gravelly chuckle escaped his throat at the girl’s comparison of him Charon the ferry man. While is task was similar his position in the world was most defiantly more along the lines of Hades God of the underworld. Putting the half eaten slice of pizza down in the box he took another sip before answering.

“You are both right and wrong when you guess that this is not my true form…It just so happens that at one point in the grade parade that is time my body did resemble this. Of course that was back when true flesh and blood were the main components that created me. So for all intensive purposes this is what I truly look like…however, to more directly answer your question you are right this is no longer the body that truly represents what I am. Now as to whether or not you wish to see it that depends entirely on what side of the argument you rest. For it is a fearful yet beautiful sight…I am no old hag as you allude too.”

Necati’s lips grew tight as the right corner drew back in a sadistic smirk. Standing slowly he moved over to the other leather chair where he proceeded to sit softly leaning back as he crossed his legs in front of him as his long slender fingers folded themselves over his knee.

“Now that you know about me allow me to inquire a bit more about you. The first question I have for you is what was your relationship to the titans?”

Back to top Go down
RobynStarling
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
RobynStarling

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 am

The girl sunk back further into her leather chair, resting the glass of gin upon the wooden coffee table next to her.

"You know, when you smile like that you look like you belong in 'A Clockwork Orange'..." she chuckled, mimicking his half-smirk. With her small taunt over, her eyes flitted back to the fire, and it briefly reminded her of a fight with Emblem long ago - all that ash and smoke - it had terrified her.

"I came to Jump when I was 15 to try and find the solace I needed to continue living. The Titans provided me with a home, a place to rest and friendship. They really helped me. But, my mind was still unstable and I met a guy called...." she frowned, trying to remember his name. "Dorian. God, I forgot about him." Her mind floated back to the beautiful man who had beaten her around the house they lived in - who forced her to betray her friends. "He wasn't a very nice man, let's just leave it at that. I escaped from him, and rejoined my friends in the Towers - back when we were Titans North. I remained there for about 7 months, fighting and winning for the most part, with them. It was a nice time, but still I had no trust for anyone, I wouldn't let them touch me for fear of going AWOL. I left about 2 weeks after that due to.... personal reasons, went to NYC and well...here I am again."

She picked the glass from the side back up and swirled the glass around in the centre. "In short, we were friends. But now I have a feeling they want to put me away - I don't need them recognising me whilst I'm staying so close to Jump."
Back to top Go down
The Departed
Fates Final Embrace
Fates Final Embrace
The Departed

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Necati could only chuckle at her observation. It was true that smile did resemble the main character from clockwork orange most perfectly. Taking a sip of whiskey Necati listened carefully to her story. Everything seemed run of the mill until he heard the name Dorian. His silver eyes jumped to her face as he watched her expressions and body language. There was no doubt guilt flowed forth from her tone, aura and body language along with a lot of shame and regret. He could feel it almost flooding the room. Something horrible had happened during that time.

There was something the girl was very ashamed off, it was no doubt the defining moment that had led her to this. It was what had released the ‘demon’ inside her. No doubt it was also why she controlled her other power so strongly and refused to let it go except in order to kill a friend. Though, Necati doubted her resolve to keep that promise. He believed that she was much more…vulnerable that the façade she put on. Of course that was true of all things not just the girl. Standing up he finished his drink in one final gulp as he placed the glass gently back on the table.

“I believe I will take you up on your offer of a room for the night. *his voice was muffled in embarrassed defeat* However, there are a few more…errands I need to run before I can rest for the what is left of the night…If you would be so kind as to direct me to my room we can avoid the inconvenience of me waking you later when I return.”

Back to top Go down
RobynStarling
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
RobynStarling

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:51 pm

His question brought her swiftly out of her reverie. She slammed her gin down on the table in a movement that was too fast, too hard. The glass cracked in her hand, shattering into pieces and slicing the soft skin open on her palm. The remains of the gin trickled onto her open wounds, creating a sizzling feeling in her blood. It wasn't anger that caused it, but the shock of being brought so suddenly out of the memories she had forgotten.

"Oh for fu-" she snarled, wiping her hand on her tank top. With a morose smile to Necati, the girl got to her feet and took a tissue from the box on the sideboard, holding it to her hand. "Sorry, I'm stronger than I thought!" she said, laughing nervously. Well, it could be accepted this once, she had killed men tonight, of course her nerves would be shaky.

"Yeah, of course." she said, moving from the room and walking across the vast hallway. Stepping up the stairs, the girl pressed the tissue further into her hand. Dorian. Where was he nowadays? Could she locate him? They arrived on the third floor, where Alyss opened the third door on the left and ushered her friend inside.
It was the darkest room in her house, a feature she thought he would appreciate. It contained a king-sized bed with a curling, wrought iron headboard and a dark red bedspread, a shining black wardrobe with a matching sideboard on the other side of the room and a dark oak bookcase that covered the entire lower wall. In the centre of the bookcase was an absent space where set of glass double doors led out to a small balcony at the side of the house. The rooms vast ceilings gave it an echoing tone, that resonated as she walked onto to wood panelled floors. A small iMac sat in the corner of the room, near the bed, glowing in the darkness.

She switched the lights on, before walking over to the bed and throwing herself onto it, bouncing up and down for a moment.
"Nice gaff, huh?" she said, folding her arms behind her head. "Feel free to stay as long as you wish. Just one thing to note..." Blushing sheepishly, she ran her hand through her hair. "I sometimes talk in my sleep, I'll try to keep it down but y'know, if you hear anything it's just me."
Back to top Go down
The Departed
Fates Final Embrace
Fates Final Embrace
The Departed

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Watching grace smash the glass, for lack of a better word, he cringed as he saw the flashes of pain and anger. No doubt her body was going through a bit of shock; after all she had just spent the night ending the lives of eight or more men. That would be enough to shake any normal person and Necati had a feeling that before tonight she was just that a normal person not a cold hard killer. Following Alyss up the stairs and to the room his eyes flashed delight at the mere sight. It was absolutely perfect for his taste. The darkness covered every corner of the room and furniture was dark shades of red and black that reminded him a bit of home. Following her in as she switched on the light he walked over to the book case. Walking slowly he let his left hand flow over the worn bindings reading each title until her voice broke into his thoughts. Turning he smiled nodding his agreement that the room was indeed magnificent. Watching her more closely as she spoke he saw the tinge of embarrassment as the next few words quietly left her mouth.

“I sometimes talk in my sleep, I'll try to keep it down but if you hear anything it's just me."

Without thought he responded.

“We are most honest when our mind does not control our mouth and lets us speak what we feel and see. The best way to know someone is not to know them at all but to listen to them sleep. For it is while they sleep that they are released from the chains that bind them and do as they like. Embracing who they truly love, hunting who they wish to kill and speaking what they wish to say.”

Necati paused a moment as he moved to the bed sitting a respectful distance from Alyss.

“You need not answer, but what is it that shapes your dreams? What is it that your mind wishes you could say?”

Laughing a little Necati broke the serious of the conversation in an attempt to lighten the mood.

“You must forgive a superstitious old fool.”

Standing he patted her gently on the shoulder as he opened the glass doors as he moved to the stone railing of the balcony. Leaning against it he breathed in deeply as he tried to remember back when he was human. Try as he might nothing came only waves of darkness and crying souls racked his brain.
Back to top Go down
RobynStarling
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
RobynStarling

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Alyss laughed lightly, staring up at the ceiling.

"My mind wishes to say that it could use another drink," with another laugh, she bounced up off the bed and joined Necati on the balcony. Her demeanour became more serious, a little more human than before. "But, really, ignore it. Anything I say...or shout...isn't real. Dreams aren't always the subconscious."

Her mind was plagued with images of Dorian already - but no, she could control this. Taking a deep breath of the evening air, the girl leant her arms gently against the stone bar of the balcony. "I shout quite a bit, or so I've been told. It stopped for a while, but since being back in Steel, my camera's showed me not having the easiest slumber," she said, shutting her eyes and revelling in the soft warm wind.

"I like being in control now. I suppose nighttime is when Fear can take over my dreams. Stupid bitch never leaves me alone," with a grim smile, she touched the cuts on her hand and gazed out over the lights of Steel City. There was always the chance that with someone else in the house she could sleep soundly, a very slim chance, but still- a chance.
"I'm just saying, sorry if I wake you. My ramblings can get pretty grim - and loud."
Back to top Go down
The Departed
Fates Final Embrace
Fates Final Embrace
The Departed

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Necati laughed a little as his silver eyes gazed at the horizon. If she only knew that he had given up sleep many years ago for that very reason. It was more harmful to him than anything. For when he slept that was the only time at which his mind let go and the memories of his past came to haunt him. All the souls and lives he had ended would show up screaming in his head asking why why why to which his only reply was I don’t know… it was your time. Shaking his head he broke the thought, he was lucky that he did not need sleep; however, it was something that he use to enjoy. A pang of emotion flashed across his mind as he felt sorrow again.

“Do not worry I guarantee that no matter what comes out of your mouth it will not be the darkest nor the grimmest thing I have ever heard or dreamt about on my own. We are alike in this aspect; I too am plagued by my restless mind. When sleep comes it is not rest but more torment. Though, I am lucky I do not require sleep to function unlike you….I have another question for my dear…what is this…fear that you have lurking in your head that gives you your power…is it a spirit of some sort or the creation of a fearful mind perhaps…or something darker?”

Taking his hand be placed the fluorescent white palm in her still bleeding hand. The warmth of her soft skin brought goose bumps to his pale white complection. A frown crossed his face forever this would be a sign that he was not human but something else.

“Allow me to peer into your mind perhaps I can give you some peace tonight. Give a little control so that I may understand.”
Back to top Go down
RobynStarling
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
RobynStarling

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:43 pm

A shiver ran down her spine at the sub-zero temperature of the man's skin. He felt like....Death. How quaint.

"Fear is...not a spirit exactly. She's like my other half, the one who creates terror instead of feeling it. Oh, this is going to sound so over dramatic..." she trailed off, closing her eyes in anguish. "Fear was formed in my brain, giving me these powers, after the attack. Whilst she used to control me, I can subdue her now, make her bow down to me. At last. But when I'm sleeping, I've no conscious ability to stop her and she can do what she likes. For the most part she enjoys messing around with me, giving me nightmares and replaying memories."

Alyss attempted a smile, but could only muster a grimace under the circumstances, whilst removing her hand from the pale one. "As for prying into my mind, no. No-one goes in there. If people make a connection, she can escape. And Fear has the lovely habit of eating people up from the inside - she loves making others commit suicide or hurt themselves. I think it's her favourite past-time."

She straightened up and rubbed her weary eyes, hissing as the blood from her cut hand stained her face. "She can be bought down with sleep aids, painkillers, whatever. But I don't usually do that anymore, I manage. We're both a part of Alyss though, both of us were created for some purpose. In certain situations she can be helpful."

With a tired glance at her watch, she could already feel Fear clawing at her mind - she wanted sleep now that Alyss had mentioned it. The white-haired girl had always been ashamed of taking the painkillers to help shut up her own mind - Dilaudid was her pharmacy heroin. But having been clean of it for a year now, cravings for the control were back. No, no more. Fear would learn not to mess with her without the help of counter-top drugs, she was quite capable.

"So, what about you Necati?" she replied, quickly switching the subject. "How do you know the Titans?"
Back to top Go down
The Departed
Fates Final Embrace
Fates Final Embrace
The Departed

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:05 pm

“You lack of confidence is endearing but as you wish I shall leave it alone for now. Though one day I will see it weather by your choice or hers.”

Unphased he whiped the blood off his hand on the end of his black coat he returned his gaze to the city. More than anything he wanted to see this fear incantation even if it was not the same as what created him it would at least give him a bit of an idea of where to start in reclaiming himself if nothing else. Though getting her to help him would be a trial for another night. She did not understand his motives and appeared to mistaken his interest for caring. Though, that was not entirely false now was it Mr. Reaper his mind taunted. You have not had a friend in a long long while and despite your seemingly hollow shell you still long for some sort of companionship don’t you. You wish you had her body her humanity that is why you wish to see her mind and feel her skin. It is a tease…a cruel torture…she is what you could have been should you have won control. Necati grimaced as he forced the thought away. He needed nothing and no one…he had willingly made his choice and all that he required was power. Abruptly her words broke his train of thought.

“My relationship with the titans is unimportant. I have a job and a few times they stood in the way and were dealt with. I did not kill them…for fate decreed that it was not their time…at best to them I am a psychotic killer with a taste for blood. They label me the same as the filth and vermin of the crime underworld. They do not see chains that bind me. They ask no questions and receive no answers…they are like moths drawn to light but afraid to grasp it. They are as much at fault for creating this world as are the villains. It is their lack of resolve is what has made people like you. They are equal partners in this decaying world just as responsible as the people they hunt.”

The malice in his voice was barely contained. It was obvious who he clearly placed the blame on for the condition that humanity was in.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The Hunt'    'The Hunt'  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'The Hunt'
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next