Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Vote_lcapApplication For Moderator Status or Capabilities Voting_barApplication For Moderator Status or Capabilities Vote_rcap 
Moon
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Vote_lcapApplication For Moderator Status or Capabilities Voting_barApplication For Moderator Status or Capabilities Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities

Go down 
+5
Josh
Wings Of Pink
Emblem
Isabella Cullen
DragonEmerald98
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Empty
PostSubject: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:32 pm

So I know what you're thinking, this isn't how this section works and didn't you just quit the site about 2 weeks ago. Yes, but I would really like it if you all just read what I have to say and kept an open mind to the points I'm making and also take none of them as fact rather my own observation and opinion. First I would like to state my farewell thread wasn't quite taken the way I had hoped. It would seem many of you thought I was still feeling a little hurt over the Roster Thread and no, I have completely forgiven that and there's no hard feelings there. Rather my main issue was that even though I've put in the quality, the time, and the effort into my rps or opinions/aid to the community I felt like my word really held no weight here. Also I didn't quite like the current system that the site operated on and now that the Worries & Happenin Places thread seems to share my concerns I felt it was time to make a more detailed account of what I meant in my farewell address.

Before I continue I would like to say this is NOT an attack on Emblem or Krious or SImca. I’m sure they’re doing the best they can, I just feel it’s just time for a change in the way things are run around here and if at the end of the day they don’t agree…Fine, I’ll respect their decision and retreat back into my retirement.

Basically I feel having more Moderators could fix the issues this site is having; the biggest of which is inactivity. Now some may feel that inactivity here is not that big an issue but I implore those who think this to reconsider your take on that. The main failure in most roleplay sites is indeed inactivity, where people just get bored of roleplaying and stop, citing that life has robbed them of their ability to do so. With this site in particular, authoritive inactivity is stopping app approval; which in turn is halting people from integrating their characters into storylines properly. For example, Crazy Moon has been waiting for months just to have his character looked at or approved in the NPC section and other members such as Karrmy never even received feed back to edits they made to their characters. This by any standards and from what I've seen from Emblem's own, (who I consider a professional) is quite unacceptable. Approval and feedback should take no longer than a few days at most, a week is pushing it and months is just purely unheard of. This presses serious and shared concern amongst the members and should press concern amongst the Admin and or moderator too. Now I fully understand that Emblem and Simca are busy and have work, schooling and lives….Yet, so do we and if were willing to take the time from our lives and busy schedules to make the characters and write the applications. Moderator and Admin, who have accepted the burden and responsibility of reading the apps we make should be held to the same responsibilities. Again, I understand you are only humans and maybe forget or get lost in the process of approving the waves of applications that are put forward. Yet, this fact only strengthens the argument for more moderators to be put into power and since I am applying to be a Moderator, myself specifically.

Now Embelm I understand your concern in doing this, you know you can trust Simca and Krious to approve apps due to the amount of time you’ve known both of them. I fully respect that, but in all seriousness…..It’s time for a change. The people that made this site with you have all but vanished and no offence but when I first arrived here the site was very inactive and with the co-dependent work of mainly NEW members it rose back to glory. So although I respect that you want to keep those who have been here longest in power, please trust that I and even others are capable of helping you run this flagship. I mention myself again for the position of mod mainly because I do feel I am most qualified. (Not to be cocky, just confident in my own experience) I have ran many RPG’s in my time, many were year long successes. I have brought many active and quality roleplayers to this site; such as Josh, Crazy Moon & AJ which I can and will continue to do so. And even though I may bump heads a bit, generally everything I do is to try and help improve the site as much as possible. Examples of which are when I made the roster thread to help organize the teams and even though I did not inform Emblem of my intentions I did inform a mod, which I currently honestly thought was all the approval I needed; a simple and not uncommon mistake. In addition, I registered for my own tower as so I could help make a VERY Inactive site back then..well Active again, with a successfully put together Titans Team consisting mainly of QUALITY roleplayers that have been with me for years and still continue to be active for this community after I left; showing their true dedication. Even my App approvals, which many members now request from me because of the quickness and detail of my responses. Lastly, I have steadily climbed to be the second most ranked roleplayer on the forum and usually try to show as much quality in my work to match as best as I can and fully acknowledge that even though I post the most I am in no way the best in ability. Although, what I hope this does show is that I am consistent and won’t just up and leave without any mention or word of warning and that I can be trusted to respond to most things in a quick and timely manner; as well as show great care and meticulous thought while doing so. I also do admit I have over stepped my boundaries maybe on occasion and might be doing so right now in fact.I may be bold in this attempt but, I only do so because I consider myself an enterprising person or go-getter if you will and if one is to achieve anything in life Action MUST be taken. This philosophy is the motivation behind this modest proposal and why I like to be SO involved with everything that happens here. Even as to why I am suggesting my return in this fashion, even though I bid my farewell. When I left, I was sure the site would continue to flourish, but when I come to check upon the TTRPG from time to time, I find it’s decreasing in activity; which goes hand in hand with quality. This is exactly what I did not want in my absence because in all honesty I care for the community here greatly, and again none of the above is to toot my own horn. It is just me putting forward what I feel to be qualities that make me qualified for the position of moderator or at least be given some sort of ability to help keep this place running smoothly.

Now I know even though I have voiced my qualifications and concern for the site that may warrant the approval of me or at least somebody as a new mod. I do have alternate suggestions, however, for Emblem. The first being, instead of making more mods, maybe just give me, someone else, or just a few of us the ability to make app approvals. Now I know you would prefer for just Simca and or you and Krious to do this, but the fact is that this system currently is not efficient and the site is suffering for it. So therefore by just allowing me or other members to have app approving powers you're increasing the sites efficiency and allowing yourself to focus on other life affairs instead of having to handle this HUGE load of RPG related issues as well. Of course you would have to approve the people who are worthy of approving apps maybe by giving a test run, but I and I think others do feel this or at least another person of approving ability is necessary. I am sure Simca will return, but even when she does, who’s to say she won’t leave again and the site will again suffer as newer as well as old members wait weeks and days for approval. The fact of the matter is another mod or someone with the power to aid in app approval is needed to help speed up the process. I used to think I was helping by pointing out flaws in ‘powers’ so they could make the edits right away and you guys could just approve. I see now that’s not a very good solution to the issue because it give other members the impression that they should do it as well and the next thing you know were all critiquing a poor newbie, making them feel unwanted or at a lower grade then the rest of us.

My second suggestion is to at least allow Team Leaders or somebody the ability to make threads in their towers or edit rooms because we have new titan members at least once a month and they need rooms and such; not to mention other tower modifications like maybe a launch pad or submarine hanger. Sometimes to support storyline, which I personally think is what matters here. An example is Nightmare turning evil, I had asked a LONG time ago for his room to be given to Dan and the fact that it took so long to change the name and or has not been done yet suggests that more than two people on the forum should have the ability to change it. In my honest opinion, a new mod could also fix this. Otherwise the power should be given to Foal and AJ or Crazy Moon; probably Aj since his CPu works. This idea is brought upon that they are the leaders of the team and a bit more then ‘regular’ member status should be awarded to them.

In closing, I know I have had issues and moderator status should not just be handed out lightly, but honestly, we need a new one or at least somebody else with a few moderator capabilities. The baning/warning ability and authoritive things are not even necessary. Mainly what needs to be awarded to me or chosen person is the ability to fix the topics I covered above. Heck, even just NPC app approval would be a step up. Mainly, I just want to help because right now I feel the site is not running anywhere near capacity and I feel I have the ability to help change that. Now if awarded mod status or some capabilities, obviously I would accept all terms and licenses that go with it. This includes respectfully reporting to Emblem all concerns I have before acting on them and so on if he wants me to do so. The main idea is to just have the power to act upon ‘needs’ myself, so that when Emblem or Simca or Krious is too busy to do so once I have the go-ahead from Emmy, I can just take care of whatever the problem is or address it and there will not be a huge hoopla or argument on if I have the authority. This also does not even have to be set in stone. A trial period can be enacted maybe to assure that I am right for the position and you can closely monitor me to make sure I follow mod procedures correctly. Really, all I ask is that my request be taken seriously and with an open mind. I hope I have presented my case thoroughly and given cause for discussion amongst those in power. In addition I hope to see a reply soon to my proposal and will be very patient for a decision to be made. In the time span that follows, I will check the site often for replies and I invite any and ALL criticisms or opinions on my request.
Back to top Go down
"AJ"
Gamma-class Metahuman
Gamma-class Metahuman
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities 275-5

RPG character
Name: Lance Moore
Code Name: Fissure
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:44 pm

I read your whole argument JaK. I agree that you bring up many good points that have been discussed by not just you in this post, but many of the members. Hopefully this is looked at and not shut down right off the bat. It's a tough situation to bear, but it's just the sad truth. Too many things are backed up and people are waiting for characters to be approved and things to be edited. I have to say that I agree with what JaK is saying. Give this NEW idea a chance.
Back to top Go down
DragonEmerald98
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
DragonEmerald98

RPG character
Name: Sora Justice (male), Ryan Lupe (female), Alex Jackson (female)
Code Name: Ice Bullet (male), Rider (female), The Shadow Sparrow (female)
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:51 pm

All you moderators/people who have connections to moderators somehow; PLEASE!! Look and reply to my application!! PLEASE!!! https://ttrpg.forumotion.com/t695-sora-aka-ice-bullet#13553
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:38 am

Okay. First off, dragon dude, calm down. Your application is not going to be reviewed in a couple of hours. Patience. Don't beg for application reviews, it's annoying and unnecessary. It will be reviewed when the moderators have a chance.

As for JaK's idea. I have to say that he has made quite a few valid points. We could certainly use a few more moderators. Personally, I think you are qualified to be a moderator, and I would trust you to use the power wisely. Which probably doesn't mean a lot, but still. A trial period would be good, too. And... yeah. I don't have much more to say.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Cullen
Isabella Cullen

RPG character
Name: Isabella "Bella" Marie Swan-Cullen
Code Name: N/A.
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:51 am

JaK, are you just saying Moderators? Or will there be chances to become Admins? I mean, not me. Karrmy was talking to me earlier and she said she wanted to become a Mod. Then this whole post came up. It seems like a coincidence. Or maybe just all of the members are getting tired of waiting like Karrmy is. She said she made a new character named May who's evil. Emblem evaluated her app and then told her what to fix. I'm not trying to argue with the Admin, but Karrmy fixed all the things like in November or October. Now it's January. So I agree completely with JaK, though I may be a new member, I voiced my opinion.

Also, I have no idea how to contact Emblem or Simca for them to look at my app. scratch I'd hate to have a repeat of May.
Back to top Go down
DragonEmerald98
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
DragonEmerald98

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:04 am

I agree. I mean, I made just one character, and now, many people have replied to it. But I also have absolutely no way to contact mods. I'm new, but I voice my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
DragonEmerald98
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
DragonEmerald98

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:09 am

And to Shadow; I apologize for my behavior. Sorry, but that's just how I am. Impatient. But I'll try harder!
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Before I reply to the main post of this thread, I want to state that May has not had her approval because of one thing: May did not do as I told her. I told her to incorporate some changes. She added them as a reply. I asked them to merge those two topics. She did, but she did not do it as I wanted it it. Words like ''I think'' and ''stuff'' are not fitting in a power description.

Not doing as I told for two weeks moves the thread to the graveyard. I wasn't concise enough and had it stay around longer. Now that it's moved, I suddenly get replies. Vexing. Ill move her back and review her again.

____

My absence is to be told about later, but let me state one thing JaK. This post interest me. I'll consider your proposal, and you will have your answer very soon.

__

As for Ms. Cullen, I already had discussed your profile with Krious in person. You will hear your verdict very soon! Probably this evening.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks for hearing me out, I thought court would be the best place to put this. Seeing as it's a big decision and I'm kind of the lawyer pleading my case, you're the judge and everyone else is the jury and were all waiting to hear the verdict. XD
Back to top Go down
Wings Of Pink
Wings Of Pink

RPG character
Name: Aelita Yang
Code Name: Karrmy

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:47 pm

JaK wrote:
Thanks for hearing me out, I thought court would be the best place to put this. Seeing as it's a big decision and I'm kind of the lawyer pleading my case, you're the judge and everyone else is the jury and were all waiting to hear the verdict. XD

Ahahaa. You're funny JaK.
Back to top Go down
Peace Walker
Peace Walker

RPG character
Name: Walter Stenbuck
Code Name: Ender

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:37 am

Not to sound like a wet blanket, I'm new here I know, but this whole topic steams of what looks like Jak's personal feelings. Is that really a way to present an idea of this caliber?

Dude, seriously tl;dr. (Well actually I did read).

I won't point out the flaws. I think that maybe you should step back and re-do your post. It's just coming off like a defensive argument rather than an idea proposal (which despite the section that its in, seems more appropriate to present this sort of proposal as; an idea and not a trial).

I think you should edit the post to SUMMARIZE your exact ideas and make them presentable. It makes it easier for everyone else who doesn't wanna read the block text. Just a suggestion.

(Try using the [list] function to point out the ideas focal points). 8P

Anyway just to be in defense of the current staff, when I first started on this site, (which was like back in the end of November) I got almost an IMMEDIATE response from a PROPER mod who quickly went over the ins and outs of what I needed to do to get approved. I think I was approved in less than four or five days.

One thing I have to say is that Jak, if this site is so inactive, then why does it need MORE mods? I only speak from personal experience though, but from what I've seen, the staff currently may not be ALL over the place, but they are definitely on top of things, which begs the question of why expand unnecessarily and hand out powers to people who don't need to have them to do a job that's already being done?
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character
Name: Conner Kent
Code Name: Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:24 am

Personally I wouldn't call an IMMEDIATE response within 4 or 5 days, I'd personally call an immediate response either the same day you posted it or the next day, which don't get me wrong you get with Emblem and Simca most of the time but we'll take the previous week for example, there were quite a few apps posted and there was no-one to accept or deny them which left a lot of work for Emblem when he got back on whereas if there was another mod on the site it would help cut his workload a bit. As you can see Jak is active, he's on here for at least an hour everyday which would be time to look at the apps that could have been posted and pass judgement or suggest changes needed
Back to top Go down
Peace Walker
Peace Walker

RPG character
Name: Walter Stenbuck
Code Name: Ender

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:05 am

Josh wrote:
Personally I wouldn't call an IMMEDIATE response within 4 or 5 days, I'd personally call an immediate response either the same day you posted it or the next day, which don't get me wrong you get with Emblem and Simca most of the time but we'll take the previous week for example, there were quite a few apps posted and there was no-one to accept or deny them which left a lot of work for Emblem when he got back on whereas if there was another mod on the site it would help cut his workload a bit. As you can see Jak is active, he's on here for at least an hour everyday which would be time to look at the apps that could have been posted and pass judgement or suggest changes needed

Immediate is according to the terms of forum responses (generally that's like next day stuff). The approval has nothing to do with the response though. I didn't necessarily get approved till after I had finalized some stuff. That and if you hadn't noticed, January (specifically the last two weeks) have been hectic because people are going back to school etc, so this last week probably isn't the best example of 'activity of staff.') However it was a quick response. I'm speaking solely out of personal experience and that's the impression of the staff that I got o.o;. Which still begs the question of, if the site's so inactive, then why more mods?

To put it simply, too many mods spoil the party. This seems like a site with casual traffic. It's by no means dead, however, I don't think that from what I've seen, the site doesn't look as if though the traffic calls for another mod lol. (Vaguely remember being on a site where they over-gave mod powers. It was chaos because everyone was asking for modship and the staff ended up going over applications for mods rather than actually doing any work around the boards).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Seeing as many of the members have posted their bits on this thread, I thought I might post my own.

I agree that JaK has addressed the issues we're having/have had here at TTRPG, and fully support him becoming a mod. Personally, I believe definitely need some more leadership and JaK is someone who would do a grand job. I also think we don't really need the banners or clickables and such anymore, seeing we've had a lot of members join in the past week. (But of course we'll use them when they're most needed, yes?)

I'll admit I was very afraid this site was going to crumble very quickly, but now I can see quite the opposite. LET'S KEEP UP THE FANTASTICALLY GOOD WORK, KIDDIES! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:29 pm

Dear Peacewalker;

Firsts let me apologize for not responding sooner to your concerns. This thread is meant more for Emblem, but I care about what other members think too and welcomed all feed back so here's my reply:

Although I do appreciate all replies for my idea and those against it as well. You ask why would we need more mods for an inactive site. Well as I stated before, the site is becoming inactive because there are NO mods. We have exactly ONE moderator, who quite frankly has been pretty inactive. She's posted maybe one or two days every two weeks since November. Of course I'm not trying to strike down your opinion, but I have to say you haven't been exactly the most active person either for the last couple of months and I'm pretty sure if you had been a regular roleplayer here like the others posting in this thread you might share the same consensus we all do...Or maybe you'd still have the same opinion, in any case again I appreciate all comments concerns and feedback. Also as to the layout in which I made my reply, I made it exactly the way I foresaw it should be done. It's supposed to seem like an argument for my opinion and for the opinion of others, again I appreciate what you personally think the take should've been; but I really don't think list and bullet points would have gotten the point across.

~Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next