Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Vote_lcapApplication For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Voting_barApplication For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 85 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 85 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Vote_lcapApplication For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Voting_barApplication For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities

Go down 
+5
Josh
Wings Of Pink
Emblem
Isabella Cullen
DragonEmerald98
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:47 pm

We have 3 mods. Emblem, Simca, Krious. Granted, all of them have been busy lately, but most of the members have been busy lately. School is getting started again, so that is to be expected.

I have been very active during the last couple of months and I must say that I do NOT share the "same consensus we all do." I have been quite happy with the number of mods and their performances.

New characters have been responded to within a couple of days, and things have been taken care of quickly. I do not think we need another mod on this site.

No offence to Jak, but judging by the rediculously long intro to this thread, his official leaving of the site, and his excited but impulsive nature, I don't think he should be a mod. If Jak or anyone else does become a mod, I suggest that they first go through a 'training period' in which they may perform some of the actions of a mod without carrying the full authority. After a successful week or so of this training, they could then officially graduate into 'mod-hood.'
Back to top Go down
Peace Walker
Peace Walker

RPG character
Name: Walter Stenbuck
Code Name: Ender
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 4:17 pm

JaK wrote:
Dear Peacewalker;

Firsts let me apologize for not responding sooner to your concerns. This thread is meant more for Emblem, but I care about what other members think too and welcomed all feed back so here's my reply:

Although I do appreciate all replies for my idea and those against it as well. You ask why would we need more mods for an inactive site. Well as I stated before, the site is becoming inactive because there are NO mods. We have exactly ONE moderator, who quite frankly has been pretty inactive. She's posted maybe one or two days every two weeks since November. Of course I'm not trying to strike down your opinion, but I have to say you haven't been exactly the most active person either for the last couple of months and I'm pretty sure if you had been a regular roleplayer here like the others posting in this thread you might share the same consensus we all do...Or maybe you'd still have the same opinion, in any case again I appreciate all comments concerns and feedback. Also as to the layout in which I made my reply, I made it exactly the way I foresaw it should be done. It's supposed to seem like an argument for my opinion and for the opinion of others, again I appreciate what you personally think the take should've been; but I really don't think list and bullet points would have gotten the point across.

~Cheers Smile

I'm just saying that seeing this accumulate reminds me of some other sites I've been on where the exact same issue has come up for the exact same reason.

Usually the cause is that a member feels as if though they've been wronged and then they seek a way to find revenge or a way to loophole through the system so they can continue doing whatever infraction they were called on. I just don't want to see the same thing happening to this site.

I think a big problem lots of smaller sites have is that they overgive mod powers and give them to people who only want them to puff themselves up; not help the community in general.

We all have to be careful about this sort of thing. Do we really want modship to help, or do we just want it so we can lord it over other people or put ourselves on the same level as the people who we've had problems with in the past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 4:47 pm

Uh, about the approval thing. Karrmy waited months. And Emblem and Simca have been away for quite a while. Emmy's back, I haven't seen Simca around, and many people's applications were left hanging. We need an active mod.

For the abuse of powers; okay, so JaK and the mods have had a few fallouts. Maybe he's not the best candidate, but those fights were because JaK was trying to help. I think granting him mod powers would solve the problem; he would have the authority to do what he was trying to do before, so there'd be no problem. I agree with dar on the 'training' thing though. It gives the candidate some experience, and the existing mods a chance to evaluate whether they will be accepted or not.

The only thing I can't really figure out is JaK officially quitting. If you wanted to make a point, why didn't you say this in the first place? It seems to me you didn't want to quit at all, you were just hinting at what you're saying now. Which seems kinda counter-productive to me.
Back to top Go down
Peace Walker
Peace Walker

RPG character
Name: Walter Stenbuck
Code Name: Ender

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Shadow wrote:
The only thing I can't really figure out is JaK officially quitting. If you wanted to make a point, why didn't you say this in the first place? It seems to me you didn't want to quit at all, you were just hinting at what you're saying now. Which seems kinda counter-productive to me.

That there also begs that if this idea DOES get approved, that there be some sort of classes or training to be done. We can't have indecisive people running the show. Yeah, maybe he's been here a long time, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be a good mod.

The feedback I got from him was less-than-needed and not necessarily helpful in any way. So from what I've seen of Jak, I think he needs to get training beforehand and work on some confrontational issues he has.

Everyone has them though so it's not just him. However, at the same time, it doesn't look like this topic was made to help the community. Rather it's Jak's way of trying to finger his way through a loophole. Is that really the attitude we want a mod having?
Back to top Go down
canace
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
canace

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:40 pm

I have to say I agree with at least one point JaK made. (And I agree the amount of moderators are too low, but I don't think I'm suitable so I vote for JaK!) It's that there are new people joining the titans every month, I think it would be best if one of the moderators set up a "rooms" folder in each of the towers, just to keep everything neater. It would make it easier to see everything and manage the flow of new members to the site. I"m a noob as well, but that's just my opinion.

For support of JaK, even if he wasn't a mod, he helped me out the first time I came on here so I fully support him becoming official.
Back to top Go down
"AJ"
Gamma-class Metahuman
Gamma-class Metahuman
Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 275-5

RPG character
Name: Lance Moore
Code Name: Fissure
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:41 pm

[quote="Peace Walker"]
Shadow wrote:

Everyone has them though so it's not just him. However, at the same time, it doesn't look like this topic was made to help the community. Rather it's Jak's way of trying to finger his way through a loophole. Is that really the attitude we want a mod having?

I can see where you could get that assumption from, but I personally do not think that is true only because I've known JaK long before this site. I honestly don't think he has any malicious ideas of trying to like take down this site or something. I mean it's okay if you see it like that, but I don't. I only think JaK would bring this up with the best interest of the site. But that's just my opinion.

Otherwise I stay neutral on the whole mod thing. I do have my issues with some of the things and I did state some, but other than that I am not going to say much more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:55 pm

I guess Ill drop my input into this thread now. On Jak becoming a moderator on here, I do believe that he will be able to succeed in being a great official on this site. He has shown that he knows how to improve others applications. Ive known Jak for four years now and will state that he would be very reliable.
Back to top Go down
canace
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
canace

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:57 pm

JaK, just putting it out there, you should make it a poll so it's easier to see the answers from everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:45 am

Quote :
We all have to be careful about this sort of thing. Do we really want modship to help, or do we just want it so we can lord it over other people or put ourselves on the same level as the people who we've had problems with in the past.

Quote :
I think he needs to get training beforehand and work on some confrontational issues he has.

Quote :
Rather it's Jak's way of trying to finger his way through a loophole. Is that really the attitude we want a mod having?

Not to be disrespectful or rude, but you keep saying "From what I've seen" and "in my experience" but in all seriousness you haven't seen or really even experienced much of anything here to be trying to make these sort of assessments. You don't really know me, so the above accusations of how I would be as mod kind of staggers me because I can't seem to figure out where you're pulling them from. As you can see from the above comments from my peers, I would never abuse the power to be some kind of dictator here at all.

Also let me make this clear, if I wanted to try and macho my way into moderator status. I wouldn't have continuously suggested that other people be made mod other than me in my long proposal. Nor would I have said not to give me any type of authority other than approvals and I sure wouldn't have said to limit it to only NPC approval. Not to mention that I originally in the first post suggested the training period you guys keep brining. Actually if you would better scan my post you would find that many of the counter arguments that are being brought up I have already covered in the initial address; which explains it's length. Please believe Peacewalker and Shadow, I am not that vindictive that I would leave the site because I didn't have authority and then come back just try to make an argument for it. This is about helping the community and that alone is the only reason I am running for Moderator

Anyway enough defending my motives, I'm not going to go back and forward on if I'm doing this just for power play or if I would use power correctly. Emblem knows me and if he feels that I'm that kind of person, then by all means I hope he wouldn't trust me to be a moderator. In any case, I will now wait for his decision. Thank you all for the feedback and I appreciate all the support and even concerns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:20 am

Just to point something out about your post being "too long", we are on a role playing site where quite a few members here make casual posts around that length(maybe somewhat shorter or the same, depends who the poster is).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:32 am

Okay, JaK, I was trying to defend you there. I was just confused about the leaving thing, k? I totally agree with becoming a mod. Anyway I will shut up now.
Back to top Go down
Dea
Dea

RPG character
Name: Dea
Code Name: none

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:46 am

I know I haven't been a member here for very long, so in all honesty, I don't feel I have the right to voice my opinions on who should be appointed what, or offer any suggestions on how to better the efficiency here.

Honestly, I think things are fine. ((but I'm an old geezer....so I'm pretty blind to what's probably right in front of me ))

You have no idea of the Admin nightmare I've been through. How about dealing with one who insults you and uses profanity at you at any given moment just because they forgot to take their Midol? Or restricts your creations to the point you could choke. Or outright plays favoritism with godmoddy rewards....Oh I could go on....thank you again Departed for getting me through that hell Trust me kids, you're pretty darned spoiled here. And I'm simply giving you this example for you to keep in mind that the Admin you have is by far fair and just, as well as lenient, even by my own standards. I would've done locked this thread by now >> ((but I'm an old geezer... we're grumpy like that.))

I mean the worst complaint I've seen here thus far is the waiting for an approval on something.

Really!? That's it!? Common now! What on earth did you kids do before there was e-mail? O.O Climb the walls of hysteria, or beat you mailbox with a baseball bat till you got your birthday money from grandma? Funny Funny

What I would like to point out from an Admin's perspective here is the sense of overwhelming you may be unaware of. I mean, Emblem got a word in once, replied to certain things pointed out, and also said he would make a decision soon. Yet the thread continues on and on and on anyway where suggestions here seemed to have taken a debate turn, or a defense discussion, rather than "I just want opinions" AFTER he did post. Like I said before, I would've done locked this thread by now >> ((but I'm an old geezer... we're grumpy like that.))

Now, if this were a classroom negotiating an assignment date, or a place of employment negotiating a position of advancement, or negotiating with parents about getting an extended curfew, and you were told "Okay, I'll think about it and let you know", would you continue on and on and on? Or would you wisely remain quiet and patiently wait for that decision?

So why not everyone just chill and let the guy mull over everything without him having to click on the site and have even more to read before he even has a chance to log in and type?

I simply state this because I've been in these exact shoes before. I know I'm not Emblem or vice versa, but sometimes it does feel like a gang up, even when members have the best intentions. Just chill and give him the time he requested to post his decision. Very Happy

((Apologies in advance if this offends anyone. Just trying to help))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities   Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application For Moderator Status or Capabilities
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2