Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 141 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 141 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
That's A Problem. (Livewire) Vote_lcapThat's A Problem. (Livewire) Voting_barThat's A Problem. (Livewire) Vote_rcap 
Moon
That's A Problem. (Livewire) Vote_lcapThat's A Problem. (Livewire) Voting_barThat's A Problem. (Livewire) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

That's A Problem. (Livewire)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

That's A Problem. (Livewire) Empty
PostSubject: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:22 am

Jinx knew why she was here. She shouldn’t have been here – She wouldn’t really want to be anyway – But she knew exactly why she was here.

She wanted to cause some trouble, and sure, she could have done so back in Jump – But then the Titans would come and open a can of kick-ass. Of which she couldn’t handle. But this was Steel City, and Hamilton Hill District. So she could cause some trouble, and the retribution would be minimal.

She hadn’t caused trouble in a long time – Probably because she couldn’t be bothered. But she’d simply woken up early this morning, hopped on a train here, and now she was ready.

She loitered for a while. That wasn’t even suspicious here, but she’d had to firmly tell people that no, she was not going to join them in the back of their car. No, she was not cheap. No, Mr. Scumbag, she wouldn’t, not even for that amount of money, so he should clear off.

Eventually, she was ready – Targeting a low budget strip club, but she could care less. Rolling her neck and stretching her fingers, she smiled, her pink hair luminous under the street light.

Wordlessly, she crossed the street, merely standing outside the building. The dozy bouncer didn’t even look twice at her.

With a small ‘Nyah!’ she swung a hand forward, a slice of pink illuminating the darkened glass of the window, shattering it into a few million pieces, the silhouette of a woman that had been painted on it disappearing. A few screams erupted, an angry policeman diving out of her line of sight.

She’d seen him, but he wouldn’t do anything. He probably had a family, judging by the ring on his finger, and shouldn’t have been here anyway.

Stepping calmly through the door, she continued to destroy. Finally, the bouncer rounded on her, and she neatly flipped out of the way, a one handed walkover, the smile large on her lips. She’d missed destruction.

The club was still relatively intact, so she shot more flashes, arcs and general havoc towards different places, people screaming now.

Why a strip club?

Because it was easy.

The bouncer came at her, again, and she simply backflipped out of the destroyed window, happy she’d caused enough damage. Her last torrent had set a small fire, and people had cleared out. There was a small niggle of guilt, somewhere in her gut, but at the moment she didn’t care.

Her last backflip would have been impressive, had she not flipped straight into someone and crumpled at their feet. She quickly jumped up again, angry her escape had been thwarted.

“Hey!” She said, angrily, “Watch it!”

She then realized there was a second bouncer. One she hadn’t accounted for, and he’d grabbed her arms quicker than she could move. This had not gone according to plan.

“Hey!” She growled, again, kicking violently. “Lemme go!”
Back to top Go down
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character
Name: Elatiana Theya
Code Name: Entropy
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:46 am

It was a soft twitch at first, a finger or two, then a whole limb as a man wearing varying shades of brown stood up with a half-stifled yawn. Pulling a cigarette from his front pocket he stuffed int in his mouth, grabbed a match and struck it against the red brick he propped himself against before setting the tip of the cigarette aglow with red embers. A sharp inhale saw the cherry tip brighten before he pushed a lungful of smoke into the air and walked off down the street. He was in a surprisingly.....irritated mood after finding out this was his last smoke for now. Plus, the sound of fighting didn't do nothing to alleviate his attitude.

However, that alleviation was about to come swiftly and maybe with blood.

What he saw when she stepped around that corner, were two men bullying a slightly smaller girl. By slightly, he really saw two massive hulking piles of meat getting ready to pound a smaller girl into paste. She was cute too and well, Ethan was already in a bad mood as it was, so he could probably take some of the edge off with a little pain. He had closed the gap quickly and quietly, before jabbing the guy in the side a few times. "Hey bruno, mind lettin the girl go?" That of course, wasn't the bouncers name, but her certainly did look like a bruno or maybe a brock.

"Last I checked, hitting girls is....well, a relatively big no no. So shove off fatso, cause I'm in a bad mood and as much as I'd love to beat you across the head with my hands, I don't want to get your stupid all over my jacket." Taking another large inhalation of the acrid, biting smoke, he exhaled it right in the guys face. "That is to say, you probably don't have the intelligence to beat a rock in a staring content."

Ethan had obviously woken up on the wrong side of the bed, had no more smokes, and to top it off, some cute goth girl was in danger of getting her head punched in. Now, Ethan wasn't no charity worker but even still, this was a good chance for him to work off some steam, and maybe get some more cigs in the process. "So how about it lard fat, wanna try me instead?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:01 am

Jinx stopped her struggling, beginning to try and reason her way out of it, but the bouncers weren’t having any of it. She highly doubted they’d even believe, ‘Hey, I work here!’

She didn’t even bother trying, and she realized she’d made a mistake in not realizing there were two bouncers, not one. To make matters worse, she couldn’t user her powers. She was too close to these guys, and she’d endanger herself.

Well, you’re screwed, Jinx. Well done.

Then another voice joined the fray, and she uncomfortably craned her neck to the right, quickly comprehending another guy – tall, and she had to admit, rather attractive. She could have rolled her eyes. Just her luck. She didn’t even play a good damsel in distress.

There was also a smell of smoke – The guy was smoking. She had no qualms about smoking – People did it. It was their own choice. But this was no health and safety lecture – She was in real danger.

The guy was defending her, and she nodded her head vigorously. “I think you should listen to him,” Jinx stated. “He’s got a good point.”

The bouncer didn’t look too pleased, and Jinx had to admit, this guy was already climbing in her good books. She’d probably be being beaten into a pulp right now, without his intervention. He blew smoke into the bouncer’s face, and the guy coughed. The other bouncer was holding his nose – Had she broken that?

The bouncer made no move to let her go, and she realized very quickly this may escalate into a fight. Yes, Jinx. You got what you came for.

“I’d take that silence as a challenge,”
she sighed, now hanging limply from the bouncer’s grasp, resigned to her fate. She was ready, though – She’d take the first opening she got.
Back to top Go down
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:22 am

Well, they didn't seem to want to cooperate in a rather peaceful manner. Good, gave Ethan more of a reason to work his fists. Grabbing the man by the wrist, he gave it a sharp twist, his small frame belying a rather impressive amount of strength for someone that looked akin to a string bean. His other fist was pulled back and balled up into a fist as electricity arced across his hands. His first victim blocked it from the rest, but he had gotten a good eyeful of the twisting, writhing arc of electricity as it played across his hands.

"Didn't answer fast enough bruno now you get to take a nice, long, nap." Slamming his hand into the man's rather solid gut, he discharged a huge blast of electricity that for a lack of a better term, blew the man backwards like he had just been reamed by a mack truck. A small smile formed on his lips - listless and half-assed, it was as if he didn't have any real enthusiasm for fighting these guys. Almost, as if, this was boring.

Sadly, it was boring, boring and pointless, and it could have been easily avoided if they had enough brain to share between themselves. But that's why fights generally happen in the first place - stupidity and a lack of sense to come in out of the thunder storm.
"You want to put the girl down, or do I have to make you put her down? Clocks tickin."

Slowly, Ethan began to walk towards the second of the bouncers, his head bobbing up and down with those same, hostile looking eyes glaring at that man with such an unenthusiastic smile plastered on his face almost like he was actually enjoying this. But he wasn't enjoying it, rather, he was enjoying the thought of going to buy a fresh pack of smokes afterwards. "Tick tock, tick, tock."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:04 pm

Jinx’s mouth popped open into a small ‘o’ as she watched this guy take on the bouncer. It was seemingly surreal, as the guy blasted away, the electricity somewhat a surprise. He didn’t look like a metahuman, but she supposed not everyone wore their hearts on their sleeves. Or, you know, stood out like a sore thumb.

She heard the guy holding her swallow, hard. The look on the new guy’s face was somewhat disorientating, as though he wasn’t really there, rather, thinking of being elsewhere. She knew the feeling. Right now, she was wishing this guy would let go of her arms, for instance. She could feel them bruising.

“I’d let me go, if I were you. You saw what he just did. That was pretty impressive, and your buddy there looks pretty beat up,” she stated, and the guy was trembling now. She rolled her eyes. “Plus, I'd hate to think what I'd do to you when I finally get free. Which I will. I'd probably bet it would hurt. So, for God’s sake, just let me go,” she murmured, almost bored.

The guy then dropped her like there was no tomorrow, turning on his heel and running. Jinx began rubbing her arms, shouting a few, choice swear words at him as he ran away, a lumbering form covering more ground than she thought was humanly possible.

“Pssh, amateurs,” she muttered, to no one in particular. She then looked up at the guy who just saved her, brushing some hair out of her face. “And that was not as much fun as I remembered.”

After making sure her arms still worked (and casually watching the guy from the corner of her eye), she finally spoke up.

“Hey, thanks, by the way,” she said, smiling at him. "I owe ya one."

There was the noise of something breaking in that club, and she rolled her eyes. “We may want to move. It may be Steel City, but we’ll still get arrested when the cops finally show up. ”
Back to top Go down
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:43 pm

Ethan looked down at her, that small quirky little unenthusiastic smile, flashing in her direction. "Being stuck in jail won't buy me any smokes, so let's head someplace else shall we?" Stifling a yawn as he walked a slight step ahead of the smaller grey skinned, pink haired girl he took one final drag from his cigarette, tossing the butt onto the ground before crushing it under heel.

"So, what brings someone to cause so much trouble in a gang infested hell hole like this one? Can't be doing it for fun, that'd be stupid," he inquired, a bit curious as to why she was here in the first place. Even if she was a meta, you normally didn't go around making random trouble for no reason. "You hungry? I got a couple protein bars in my bag. Not much but it's better then nothing," again, he inquired as he reached around into his bag, fishing out two protein bars; both of them chocolate.

The convenience store should at least be nearby, Ethan was looking forward to getting another pack of smokes, and maybe a couple more snack foods to keep his stash at the docks supplied. The only things he had to worry about down on the docks, were gang members and he had scared most of them off.

But that still didn't mean he had them all spooked. He still had to clear out the behemoths before he could call the docks home. But at least it was a good start.

The shop was up ahead, not to bad a distance covered with a brisk walking pace. "Just grab what you want when we get in the store and I can pay for it. How could he pay for it? Well, Ethan had access to a few hundred bucks of cash, stored in the wallet located in his jackets breast pocket opposite the pocket he normally stores his cigarettes.

"Just so you know, I'm Ethan," stifling another yawn, he pushed open the door as a small electric bell sounded off, signaling the owner had customers to attend to.

The owner was short, gray haired and balding, with a slowly expanding paunch at his midsection and an ear to ear smile, that one could only expect from a store in the fifties. Thankfully, the shop was well up to date on how a store should work in the new millennium. "Grab whatever you can grab and just bring it up front, and make sure to snag a few things from the freezer, I'll be paying for it all."

Ethan pointed to a package of smokes with a green label, something called Peter Jackson's kingsize with menthol filters, the man brought them down in a relative hurry and stared back at Jinx, waiting for her to finish her little... shopping spree for snacks and food.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:07 pm

A smile. There was something interesting about this guy, but Jinx was no sucker. Still, she’d already underestimated Steel City. Sticking around with him could do her no harm…At least she’d have some backup if something happened.

Jinx didn’t reply to his first statement, instead only shrugging and nodding her head, falling into step behind the taller man. She then smiled at his next statement.

“Maybe I was doing it for fun, and maybe I am a bit stupid at times. Maybe I hadn’t done anything interesting in a while,” she answered, seemingly nonchalant about the whole ordeal, though that previous feeling of guilt was settling in. She’d done it again, God damn it, and she couldn’t shake the feeling that she really shouldn’t have caused some destruction. She shrugged off the guilt for a while, keeping up with this new guy’s longer strides.

Her boots sounded loud against the sidewalk, in the dark, and she realized she was happy she wasn’t alone right now. Despite her get up…It didn’t take too much to get her spooked. And this district was enough to freak her out, some of the people cruising by in their cars contributing towards this factor.

“Maybe the bigger question is why you were here, though I'm kinda happy you were,” she started, then frowing, letting out a small laugh. “Actually, maybe I don’t want to know.” Her eyes were trained on the guy’s back, and he offered her some food. She smiled, accepting it gratefully.

“Thanks. Again,” she said, ripping open the pack and beginning to munch on the food.

Her eyebrow raised at his next suggestion. “Seriously? That’s nice of you, considering I just kind of trashed a strip club,” she stated, “And nice to meet you, Ethan. I’m Jinx.”

She hadn’t actually introduced herself by her real name in so long. She was pretty sure she never would, anyway, and she moved into the store, heading towards the freezers in response to Ethan’s request. She wasn’t sure if he meant, like, ice cream or anything, so she grabbed a few frozen pizzas and some other things along those lines – Not to mention ice cream.

Walking towards the front, she expertly grabbed a few things as she went – Pringles, chocolate, fizzy drinks and the like. The way she did it might allude towards the fact she may have had some experience in stealing things – But she wasn’t stealing today. As she expertly balanced the food, she placed it carefully at the register.

“You sure you wanna pay for this? I have some cash too, you know. This hardly seems fair,”
she half asked, half stated, feeling that she couldn’t let this guy pay for everything, seeing as he'd just saved her ass..
Back to top Go down
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:47 pm

"No problem and my place is down by the docks. Not first class but it has power, running water and heat," slapping down eighty dollars on the counter, he picked up his cigarettes with a nod before pocketing them like they were his greatest treasure in the world. "It's a bit of a walk, and it is through some gang controlled territory, but that's not going to be a problem for me."

Packing up the food and drinks in a couple bags, he looped his hands through the handles, pushed the door open and headed outside, keeping the door held ajar for Jinx.

Finally letting out a loud yawn, Ethan's smile faded from his face, returning with that ever present scowl, that looked more in tune with his eyes. "My old.....friends, if you could call them that, they called me Hawk. Now I'm not to fond of memories most of the time but if you feel like calling me Ethan or Hawk, go for it." He let out another yawn as he unwrapped his fresh batch of cigarettes, retrieving one before inhaling deeply of the menthol scent.

Popping the cigarette in his mouth, Ethan reached into his jacket as he retrieved a single match. A small, yet harsh strike against his jeans caused the match to ignite, as he brought it up behind cupped hand to the cigarette. Blowing a puff of smoke into the air, the tip of the cigarette like a glowing red cherry, Ethan let out a small sigh as he looked back at Jinx.

"Hope you don't mind snoozing on some futon mattresses I swiped last week." He had stolen quite a few things from some of the stocked, active, warehouses and moved it all into one of the older, run down places. He had cleaned it up, swept the detritus out onto the street and went about organizing the old foreman's office into a place fit for living. Like he said before, it wasn't the best, but it worked.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Jinx raised her pale eyebrows, following Ethan. “Lead the way,” she stated, pretending to be unphased by his statement. Though she figured between them, they could take whoever tried to take them. Er, up to a reasonable amount. Though he seemed pretty powerful.

She slipped through the door he held open for her, with a nod of thanks. Listening to the newest revelation and now walking next to him, she put a finger to her chin, thinking.

“I think I’ll call you Ethan. It suits you,”
she said, regarding his facial expression. He didn’t look happy. Kind of like he was lost in memories or something, but what could she do? Not much, she came to the conclusion. Not much.

She’d also come to the conclusion that he was an avid smoker. Not that that fact wasn’t obvious. He kind of smelled like smoke, but she was past caring at this point.

At his next statement, she smiled. “Bit forward, don’t you think? We only just met. I mean, I’m flattered,” she stated, laughing again. “No, that’s fine, I’ve slept on worse. Besides, the next train to Jump City isn’t until noon tomorrow, anyway,” she said, more to herself than him, but she was aware of what she was doing. Following some guy she’d only just met to where he lived. Though he was pretty attractive.

But he didn’t seem like a threat (how many Law and Order episodes started like that?), and she was going on gut instinct. She was sure they were heading towards the docks, and this was all new to her – She didn’t know Steel City too well, so this was a new experience. Besides, this guy seemed okay.

“So, Ethan, what brings you to Steel City, if you don’t mind me asking?” She began, hoping he didn’t mind conversation – Though he didn’t exactly strike her as the type. She hardly wanted to tick him off.
Back to top Go down
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:54 pm

The sound of plastic bags rustled in the wind as Ethan kept his pace in check, always one step ahead of Jinx as he sighed to himself. She was cute, sharp witted, and she seemed to have a mean streak about her. Bad news was, she didn't live in steel city.

Well, he could always head for Jump city, it sounded far nicer than this smog infested hellhole that could give Paris island a relatively good name. In fact, he might hitch a five finger discount ride on the train back to Jump city. After all, that stuff was pretty much useless too him and he didn't plan on staying here forever. But then again, he could always come back every now and then for a quick trip.

"Eh, no I wasn't thinking anything like that. But you on the other hand, just brought it up," retorting with a small grin, "but seriously, that wasn't even on my mind." Once again, he yawned as he kept on walking, his eyes scanning the alleyways and doorways for people, his body crackling with electricity every now and then, as a clearly advertised and rather blunt warning.

"One more block, and we're at my little temporary hole in the wall," temporary, in that he could leave it and not give a flying goddamn if he ever came back which he was planning on doing sooner or later, but most likely sooner.

Still, it was nice to have company at least, company that minded their own business and kept out of his personal space. It was nice, really nice for a change and he could respect that. "So, Jump city, is it as nice as people say it is? Cause I might think about ditching this smog filled hellhole and head back on tomorrow's train."

He wasn't even joking at all, Ethan was actually considering leaving Steel city, which trust me, would be a huge improvement in the local scenery since everything around here was smog, metal, exhaust fumes and crime. It would have to be a better place to sta. Hell, Paris island was probably a better place to live then here, but he gave that up and now he was here.

"Why I came here? Well, that's easy. I wanted a change of scenery from Dakota, and Steel and Jump seemed to be the two best cities for such a change." He took another drag off the cigarette as he looked up into the night sky, the moon was once again obscured by smog, just a typically depressing Steel city night. Yeah, Jump city sounds like a far better place to hang out in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Jinx smiled, happy she’d got a reaction from Ethan. “Hey, I thought you were suggesting it,” she said, laughing again, “Bet it’s on your mind now.”

Jinx wished she could do something as obvious as his electricity thing. Well, her hands could glow pink, she reasoned, but that wasn’t exactly intimidating, was it? Her skirt rustled around her legs slightly, and her boots resonated against the sidewalk. Yeah, she wasn’t very scary. Well, she didn’t think she was, anyway.

“Temporary?” She asked, but he quickly changed the subject. Jump City? She could have laughed.

“Jump’s got its good point and bad points,”
she began, listing them on her long fingers, “It’s not so smelly, or polluted, or crime infested, but it’s still got a lot of superhero teams, as well as the H.I.V.E -” at this place, she paused momentarily, “And a lot of history, to summarize. Not to mention the Teen Titans.”

“And if you wanna head back on the train with me tomorrow, I guess that’s cool,” she said, smiling and shooting him a wink.

“Dakota? Isn’t that where Static’s from?” She asked, curiosity piqued, “And Jump City would have been your better bet. How far did you have to come to get here?”
Back to top Go down
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:06 pm

"Well, if I start thinking about it, it's entirely not my fault short stack," he retorted with a puff of smoke into the air as he let out another frustrated sigh. Great, and she was good at teasing him, this was going to be, at least in his mind, a pretty good friendship.

Ethan sighed as he took another quick drag from his cigarette before flicking the ashes onto the street. She was cute, snappy and witty and probably taken too, which managed to goad a rather frustrated grumble from his throat as he pushed smoke from his nose. But hey, if she was taken, at least he could call her a friend and that mattered quite a bit to him as well, surprising really, finding someone he could call a friend right off the bat, it was almost too good to be true.

"I've heard of the titans and the larger scale of metahuman to human crime in jump city, but I'm less likely to wind up six feet under there if I go to sleep." At the mention of the Hive he looked at her with an odd little glance, "who's that then, the hive I mean, they certainly sound unique."

"Train sounds better then hitchhiking again, a lot better actually," grunting at the remembrance of hot stinky car seats, the occasional broken air conditioner and of course the strange.....smells that sometimes came with a ride, the train sounded far better.

"Yeah, that's where he's from originally, Dakota's got a lot of metahumans and some metahuman gangs in the worst areas." Nevermind the fact that he came from the worst area nor the fact that he was originally in a way, press ganged into working for some thugs called the spades. That was an entirely different story, one he wanted nothing to do with anymore. "That big bang incident was a major Charlie foxtrot, total fault of the police."

Excluding the odd usage of the military phonetic alphabet to utter a provocative curse word, they were at the warehouse which was pretty grungy lookin on the outside, and still looked grungy on the inside. But it was cleaner then usual at least. Thankfully, the foreman's office in the back was the cleanest spot in the place thanks to him deciding to tidy up a bit when he moved in.

There was a space heater in the corner, a small folding table with one of those mini ovens set up on top with a hot plate next to it, and a mini fridge. The fresh water came from an old sink outfitted with copper piping and well, a metal basin served as a bathtub in a matter. Thankfully, it was screened off with several privacy walls. Last thing Ethan needed, was someone walking in while he was chillin out in a warm tub of water. Awkward and dangerous, all wrapped up in one.

"So yeah, I might take the mini oven when I ditch this place. Anyone else who finds this place can have it and live like a king for all I care."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:28 pm

“Then that means you are,” she said, her smile dropping at the phrase ‘short stack’. If he was calling her that… “Don’t let that nickname stick,” she demanded, folding her arms as she walked.

Then she nodded, the discussion back on Jump. “Yeah, you’ve got a point there. There are a few people you’ve gotta look out for, but nothing like here in Steel,” she stated. “Besides, the Titans always swoop into the rescue.”

Damn, he just had to question her about the H.I.V.E. She sighed. “They’re like, bad guys,” she started, that H.I.V.E. communicator feeling slightly out of place on her coffee table back at her apartment. “And they have a school. Where they teach metahumans to be bad guys. You don’t want to fall in with them, really. They control you, pretty much,” she finished, clearing her throat. “At least, that’s what I heard.”

No need to tell him she’d actually gone to school there or anything. Maybe not a good thing to start with.

“You hitchhiked? All that way?” She fell silent again, listening to Ethan.

“I heard about the Big Bang, actually. Didn’t sound too good – They never owned up to it, did they? But everyone knew pretty much the basis of what happened? Had a lot of trouble with it?” That was the extent of her knowledge on that subject. She wondered if he’d been a part of the Big Bang. But she didn’t ask.

Jinx quickly cast her eyes around the space. Considering this was makeshift, he’d done pretty well.

“Yeah, you can’t leave behind that mini oven,” she said, seriously. “You never know when it may come in handy.”
Back to top Go down
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:37 pm

"Well, given that I'm apparently not good at nicknames, what kind of a nickname should I call you instead? Cause the only other one I can think of is kitty." he grunted as he took one final drag from the cigarette, before licking his finger tips and clasping them around the end of the cherry with a sizzling hiss before stuffing it into a small cardboard box in the corner.

"Uhhh-huh, bad guys, got it." Ethan stifled a short yawn, feigning his interesting in the H.I.V.E academy as he let a small arc of electricity dance between his finger tips. Speaking of which, it was so easy playing with electricity, almost as if it were a child's toy and he had so much of it, that he could possibly power a city block for day and a half at the most on his own. "Teaching you how to break the law. Sounds like a rip off. I joined a gang for all that. And that's the end of that tirade into my past," he grunted softly as as he pulled off his cap before brushing a hand through his military regulation length hair, before letting his head hit the mattress with a soft thud.

"Sides, school is more of a social experiment cooked up to see how well children can do in an everyday society. Frankly, it's about as useful as a sack of doorknobs," making his statement known, Ethan began to remove his jacket revealing a black tank top sitting atop an athletic body before he flipped the coat around, and wore it like a blanket.

"Hitchhiking beats paying a taxi or taking a bus and most people are generally wary of me for reasons you can possibly fathom. Well, except for the electrokinesis. I haven't used that in awhile, and the bouncer was asking for it." Propping himself up on his elbows, he looked at the food and then the oven. "Speaking of the mini oven, toss me the oven's cord and get a pizza ready, and please tell me you didn't get a pizza with olives on it. I hate olives.

The big bang, a royal grade a' charlie foxtrot to end all charlie foxtrots that would ever make prime time on the news channel. That was the main reason he turned towards crime in a fashion, they really turned an easily manageable situation into such a Snafu, that it left a pit in his stomach. If he ever found his way back in Dakota he'd have to have a chat with them about that.

Watching her scan the set up was slightly amusing to him, she was obviously impressed by his tidiness and overall thorough job of setting it up for habitability.

"I don't plan on leaving it, so yeah, what are you gonna do when you get back to Jump city anyways?" Ethan had inquired curiously, wondering just what she was going to do once she got back to her home city.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 3:20 pm

Jinx raised an eyebrow, folding her arms. “Surely you’re more imaginative than that. I’ve hardly got a tail. Or ears,” she said, sticking her tongue out. Thinking about it, she’d never really had a name – Well, Jinx, but she hardly counted that as a nickname.

She watched lazily as Ethan played with electricity, leaning against the wall. She raised an eyebrow at his next statement – So maybe his mutation was Big Bang related – Or maybe she was just stereotyping, seeing as he was around the right age and had been in a gang, in Dakota at (probably) the right time.

She nodded. “Needless to say, I never did well in school,” she said, gesturing to first her hair, then her entire ensemble. “At least being a metahuman, it gives you an excuse. Well, sometimes,” she stated, realizing he wasn’t very much of the flashy kind. She raised an eyebrow as he got settled, hiding the fact she was slyly checking him out by standing up straight and beginning to explore the small space, rubbing one arm absent-mindedly.

“Thanks for that, again, by the way,” she said over her shoulder, in response to his bouncer comment. Then she rolled her eyes, heading towards the bags containing the pizzas, crouching to pull out a pizza. “What am I? Your servant?” She began, then continued, “And there are no olives, your highness,” she finished, removing the wrapper and taking ‘all the proper precautions’, before sticking it in the over and tossing him the plug.

“Must save a bundle of electric,” she stated, “And when I get back to Jump, I’m going home for a while, probably. Then, er, I might attend a few classes,” she murmured, telling the semi-truth. She needed to finish a few classes off at H.I.V.E, but she wasn’t so keen on the idea. “Or maybe I won’t. We’ll see,” she stated, nodding her heads towards him.

“And where will I sleep?” She asked, blowing a strand of hair out of her face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That's A Problem. (Livewire)   That's A Problem. (Livewire) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That's A Problem. (Livewire)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next