Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Vote_lcapTechnopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Voting_barTechnopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Vote_rcap 
Moon
Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Vote_lcapTechnopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Voting_barTechnopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch>

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl
Villain or good guy?: Good

Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Empty
PostSubject: Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch>   Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Mind Control is the simplest sense I can put this in.

While it's generic, hear me out and I think you guys might like this.

I have an idea for a technopathic villain, which could either already exist or be created strictly for this arc. This character has created mechanical suits of armor which will key into the nervous system of the wearer, causing their endurance, speed and strength to spike enormously, as well as permit use of any already possessed powers while wearing the suit. Additionally, each suit has a unique armor upgrade which will benefit immensely. Due to this fact, I recommend only having about 3 guinea pigs, but thats up to you guys.

Each suit will be forced onto a hero or villain (through means of capturing them) and they will be stuck to these characters until fried or disabled by some means. Why do this? Simply because while it's keyed into the nervous system, anyone in control of the suit has control over the wearer. This technopath is going to use these characters to commit petty crimes, as well as battle the Titans, Solo Heros, or even Villains.

The idea behind this? These suits are prototypes and only a blueprint for the grand design, which he will use on himself later on in the arc.

If you're interested, complete the template below and maybe we can get an admin to approve this idea! ^^

Code:

Character's Full Name:
Character's Alias:
Link to Character's Bio:
Armor Upgrade:
Armor Color:
Any Unique Attributes

Here's an example of the template as well as my application:

Character's Full Name: Rose Wilson-Worth
Character's Alias: Ravager
Link to Character's Bio: https://ttrpg.forumotion.com/t2649-ravager-done
Armor Upgrade: Dome Shield - This suit of armor has a dome-like shield which will project itself outward, blocking all manner of ranged attacks. This includes lasers, bullets, thrown weapons and elemental attacks. This shield cannot block physical attacks, or the entry of a physical, sentient entity.
Armor Color: Black
Any Unique Attributes: There are two slots on the back of the armor which contain Rose's katanas.

So please, if you are interested, try and help me out with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mekasoundwave
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Mekasoundwave

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

PostSubject: Re: Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch>   Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:40 am

I dunno about you guys, but I'd be super on board for this plot. Heck, I volunteer Beetle Knight for Robo Minion #2! I'm still busy with college work for at least the rest of this week, so I'll hold off on making an application until I can gauge interest in this a little more and have less work.

Also, I have a few questions about this plot, Squirrel. Yknow, clarifications, details, that stuff:

-What is the armor like? How thick/heavy is it? We talking Iron Man/Master Chief/Samus type big, heavy and bulky armor suits or something more along the lines of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 4 or a Kamen Rider; lighter, streamlined, and more flexible, but still bulky enough to be called "mechanical armor"? I know certain characters might get different armors, but give a general description.

-What does this technopath want? Why's he/she doing all the crazy robot mind control stuff? What does he/she gain from it? Don't tell us the whole plan (because that would ruin the surprise and that would be bad) but give us motivation, goals. Or at least what those goals APPEAR to be.

-How much free will do the controlled characters have? Are they basically mindless drones or has the technopath still left the character themselves still intact, but just made them loyal to him or something else entirely? Will the controlled characters JUST be following his orders, or can they go mess around and do robot things on the side?

-Are you going to start with all three robo-minions, or are you gonna have threads for each additional minion getting captured and assimilated ? I'd prefer the latter, if only because it makes things more interesting (and that's how I'd personally wanna do it), even if it is more time consuming.

-How will the technopath and its player (you, I assume) share information with the robo-minions and their players? Meeting thread? PMs?

-How long of an arc do you plan on this being? How big's the plot? How many threads do you expect it to be?

Don't feel daunted by all this. I'm not trying to criticize or tear apart your arc idea. Because, questions aside, I'm all on-board for this. I adore mind control plots and would love to see this become an official plot arc. All it needs is a little more detail and some stuff expanded on and it'll be great!
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch>   Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:59 am

I'd be happy to answer questions. :3

- Similar to Master Chief's armor, tbh. Spartans were the inspiration for the suits. They will be as large as possible without restricting movement.

- Dunno if I said it before, but the suits are prototypes for a master blueprint which he appears to plan on using on himself...maybe. :3

- Mostly these characters will only be able to speak on their own, which is muffled or morphed by the helmet anyway. The suits allow control over muscle movement, meaning our Heros still see the death and destruction they cause. ^^ However, you can independently do CRIMINAL actions if you wish.

- The latter

- My idea was that we'd sort it out with everyone. I trust our robo minions will be able to rp fight just fine, so that will be done as of your own ability. PMs or the C-Box will do fine for criminal actions.

-Honestly, I don't know. I was going to see what you guys wanted it to be Smile

Thanks for showing interest ^^
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch>   Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 am

I guess no one's interested. This has been here for a while and no one looks at it. I've asked people directly what they think and they ignore me, so I can take a hint. Never mind guys.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch>   Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:40 am

Ergo, those people you asked were busy, without muse, or a percentage of the site who were inevitably not interested. Until you've asked everyone, you can't give up.

I don't have much that is helpful to add. But I am interested. My main concern is the proposed villain. For a Site Wide Plot, the villain shouldn't be an after-thought. He should be well thought out, possibly even played. I think his motivations, which you dismiss, are very important. Especially when you claim he will "battle the Titans, Solo Heros, or even Villains."

Presenting a threat to all three is not a simple motive. You have the 'how', what we need to work out is the 'why'.

But I have no answers to these points. Therefore, as said before, I can be little help.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch>   Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:38 am

This sounds abit like a character I was considering prior to making Johnny Luck. Machinist, the character I was toying with in my head while fully capable of doing this, would not be geared toward petty theft however. Plus he'd use more... direct approaches to controlling his servants.

Pretty much think the Borg and you'll get a good idea of what I'm talking about.

And for those few of you who do not know who the Borg are, think a giant hive-like mind society where EVERYONE works to further the group instead of the individual. Everyone works toward the same goal.

In Machinist's case, think of it as a hive of bees. His reasons for wanting to do this are actually noble as he believes that if he 'alters' all of humanity, he will be able to create a utopian society with no more pride, ambition, desire, or emotion. Because as he sees it, humanity as it stands now will either wipe itself out from 'petty' disputes, or be wiped out by a more advanced and superior alien race.

He does not want to see that happen. And that's why he would be doing any of this. I'm actually considering scrapping Johnny and replacing him with Machinist but I don't know yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch>   Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch> Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Technopathic Terror <Site-Wide Arc Pitch>
Page 1 of 1