Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 60 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 60 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Vote_lcapTalk me out of it. (Capricious) Voting_barTalk me out of it. (Capricious) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Vote_lcapTalk me out of it. (Capricious) Voting_barTalk me out of it. (Capricious) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Talk me out of it. (Capricious)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Empty
PostSubject: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:40 am

Today was one of those days when she had decided to try something new. And by ‘new’, she actually meant paying for clothes. Not stealing.

She still wore her normal attire – a dark dress, heeled boots. But her pink hair was long and straight today – She didn’t want to completely draw attention to herself at the mall today. A small bag hung across her thin frame, and she wandered through the mall, looking horribly out of place as she passed a group of High School girls, maybe a year or two younger than her. They wore Hollister t-shirts and had bone-straight hair, the poor hair straightened to death; make-up splashed across their faces.

These were the epitome of the stereotype, and Jinx walked past them, one arm resting on the other as she wandered aimlessly, window shopping and ignoring the girls, who were obviously talking about her.

“- Wonder if she’s a metahuman, she’d have to be to dress like that - ’

She was used to judgment like that – She’d had it all her life. But she was trying hard not to stick out like a sore thumb – Which was incredibly difficult for the pale, cat-eyed, pink haired, ex-H.I.V.E member and newspaper frequent Jinx.

She knew people recognized her – But she was trying to turn the other cheek. Wally had shown her that being the good guy was pretty rewarding, but Jinx had a feeling she didn’t necessarily fit in with the good guys. Just an inkling.

Shaking her from her reverie, she heard a brat- like voice emanating from the food court. Demanding something or other, she instantly recognized the voice as Gizmo, a person she did not want to reacquaint herself with. Ducking into the nearest shop, a generic clothes shop, much like H&M or one of those other shops Jinx had never stepped foot into. She could feel people staring at her, so she quickly headed to a more remote corner, nonchalantly picking clothes of the racks, clothing which was so not her style, and holding it up to herself in the mirror.

Would she wear it? Would it be worth buying? There was a voice in the back of her head that told her that she could steal it. Threaten the people working there. More money in her pocket, experimenting with clothes…

She put the clothes back on the rack and quickly left. Of course, just her luck, Gizmo was causing some terror or another. He happened to catch her eye, and a smile crossed his face.

“Jinx! Long time, no see! Help me out? Like old times!”

Walk away, Jinx. Walk away.

But she wasn’t sure. There was that old part of her, like an addiction, that wanted to cause trouble.

She needed something to change her mind. Within the next three minutes.
Back to top Go down
Capricious
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Capricious

RPG character
Name: Juliette Berns
Code Name: Capricious
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:50 am

I still couldnt talk and it was driving me insane. I hadnt communicated with anyone but Ben. Refused to let them see me. I wasnt a hero.
I was a freak.
One eye crimson red, the other icy blue. My hair was much darker, much longer than it had been. Even my skin was darker without my current. Without my powers.
I just couldnt take it anymore, the helplessness.
So I snuck out of my room and took my pad of paper and post its with me. And sunglasses. To hide my eyes, my face.
I was even dressed different. A red tank top and black skirt. Like Scarlet.
Terrible.
I noticed something fishy going on and heard the girls dillemma.
I had to do something.
Sighing, I wrote "Don't do it." on a paper and threw it at her head. Nice.
Then I picked up a high heeled shoe and threw it at Gizmo.
"Might wanna run now" I wrote on the next paper, which I simply held up to her with a smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:03 am

Jinx’s expression was obviously echoing her thoughts, as Gizmo stated again.

“Aww, come on, Jinx! Like old times, don’t be such a baby!” He drawled, his voice still grating on her ears after all this time. But she didn’t want to seem…Weak in front of him. There was definitely that old feeling, of wanting to outdo everyone else. Lord knows she was smarter than most of them – Gizmo might have been a child genius, but when it came to other things, Jinx was smarter. She’d always ended up besting them, mostly, but still…

She didn’t want to give into temptation, but her balled fists were beginning to glow pink. She was tempted…

Then something bounced off her head, and she blinked, her hands returning to normal colour as she turned her head. She crouched, picking up the small piece of paper.

Don’t do it.

Whoever had thrown it had got her attention. She realized she was about to make a fool of herself – Again.

As she looked up, a shoe went flying through the air, hitting Gizmo square in the face. He swore a few choice words, and Jinx applauded the girl, whoever she was.

Might wanna run now.

No. No, she wasn’t going to run. She’d stop this brat.

“No way. I’m fighting,”
she stated, smiling as her hands blazed pink again. She cart wheeled closer, slicing one hand through the air. Gizmo, whose pack was extended like a spider, began to tilt as one of the legs unfortunately snapped.

“Ya little snot!” He shouted, and Jinx smiled.

“Oh man, I’ve wanted to do this for so long. Care to join in?”
She asked, turning to the other girl with a small smile, before neatly performing a one-handed walkover out of the way of one of Gizmo’s attacks.
Back to top Go down
Capricious
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Capricious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:52 am

I smiled and bowed before writing another note and holding the other shoe.
"Theres more where that came from"
One after the other I launched shoes, purses, coat hangers. each meeting one mark or the other.
I found myself the target of a few flying discs but managed to dodge those. I guess I wasnt so helpless. I still had my skills. If not my powers.
"Julie" I wrote briefly, pointing to myself before placing a hand on the girls shoulder, using the stability to push off lightly and roundhouse kick the twerp in the chest.
I was breathing a little bit heavier, but it felt good. I was doing good.
Maybe I wasnt so helpless.
Shouldnt jump to conclusions though, i was still in my dilemma.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Jinx laughed at the other girl’s form of fighting. Maybe she wasn’t a metahuman, or so Jinx gathered, but shoes seemed to work just as well.

Various forms of merchandise went flying through the air. This was quickly becoming a spectacle, and Jinx hoped she wouldn’t be charged for all the clothes that were flying through the air. A bra rested on Gizmo’s head, and he was fuming angry.

“Not doing so well, twerp!”
Jinx pointed out.

Julie.

“Nice ta meetcha, Julie,” Jinx stated, flinging another pink arc through the air as Gizmo’s pack decided to malfunction. “I’m Jinx,” she added, flicking some pink hair from her face.

Perhaps she hadn’t heard of Jinx. Maybe.

One thing was for certain, however. Julie sure could kick.

“Not bad. Watch this though,” she said, smiling. She felt good about stopping her ex-team mate. Maybe Wally had had a point, with this whole good guy stuff.

Jinx rubbed her hands together, separating them slowly as a long, pink line began to form. With a wide sweep of her arm, the entire thing hurtled towards Gizmo, who shouted more choice swear words loudly.

She’d never liked him.

The rest of the spider legs began to collapse, and some smart civilians had called the cops, or the Titans, or whoever.

“Well, that felt good,” Jinx stated, dusting her hands off and then her dress. “Thanks for the help, Julie.”
Back to top Go down
Capricious
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Capricious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:37 pm

"No problem. Its my job. I'm a Titan."
I wrote smiling. "freak accident" I gestured to my throat, my speech.

"MetaHuman? Me too."
I scratched out the last part. "I was too"

I nodded at her methods and decided to go before my team showed up.

"Wanna pay and then get something to eat?" I thought about a good pizza joint. Did all titans have a pizza obsession? Perhaps.

I felt lightheadded, my first fight after the incident. It felt good. To be back in the game. To not feel utterly useless.

I'd still left my watch at home. I hadnt worn it since the accident. I didnt feel like I deserved to be a super hero. When all I was, was human.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Titan.

Jinx’s eyes hovered over the last word. Her eyes widened, before she quickly got them under control. No, she’d changed. Maybe Cyborg, Raven, Robin, Beast Boy and Starfire had moved on, but she was the same old Jinx, and she’d caused them enough trouble for people to know.

But, she’d changed, and hopefully the new Titans would note this. And, she realized, with a sinking stomach, that encounter for Gizmo had to have triggered someone’s memory.

“No speaking then?” Jinx quickly asked, figuring that was pretty much the case. Even when Julie scratched out the word ‘metahuman’, Jinx shook her head.

“Once a metahuman, always a metahuman. It leaves a mark, y’know,”
she stated, stretching her arms in the air as Gizmo was apprehended. She twiddled her fingers in the air as a wave goodbye, as he shouted some choice words.

“Language! Geez, you’re only a kid!”
She called after him. Her attention flitted back to Julie again.

“Are you joking? Do we have to pay for all this?”
She asked, her purse feeling lighter already. “But pizza sounds good.”
Back to top Go down
Capricious
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Capricious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 3:10 pm

"I meant if you wanted to buy something. This here goes on the twerp" I wrote gesturing at Gizmo.

"sheesh what a mouth." I shook my head. Call me old fashioned, but I only cursed when I was very, very dangerous. Ben had infact heard me curse a few times then. Haha.

"Thanks" I wrote when she commented ony being meta human.

"So what are your powers exactly?" I scribbled, curious. Hopefull not offending her. Somesupers hot pretty touch about that question.

I started towards the pizza shop, listening fr her answer. I wished I could talk. For a person losing their voice was bad enough. But my voice had been half of my weaponry. Without it, without my current I felt bare.

Vulnerable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 3:18 pm

“Oh! Okay, that makes sense. No, no, I think I decided against it. Not really my style,” Jinx chatted, amiably, as the wandered away from Gizmo’s retreating figure.

“Oh my god, you haven’t heard him in full swing yet, it gets to the point where you want to wash his mouth out with soap,” Jinx continued, playing with a long strand of pink hair before gesturing for Julie to lead the way to wherever she wanted to eat. Jinx observed the pace at which Julie wrote with ever-widening eyes.

“Jeez, you write fast. Uh, let’s see. I guess I kinda manipulate luck, put simply. That pink stuff I shoot from my hands is pretty much just bad luck in a pretty pink light,” she stated, shrugging. “People get kinda scared and run off when I tell them that, sometimes. How about you? You know, before whatever happened. You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want. And don’t feel like you have to tell me how you lost your powers either. I won’t pry.”
Back to top Go down
Capricious
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Capricious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 5:57 pm

"haha" I scribbled grinning at her soap mouth comment and sadness flash across my features for a moment. It even robbed me of my laugh. Sigh.

I smiled at her explenation and nodded to show I was listening as we arrived at the pizza place. Sitting down I ordered a cheese and waited for her order.
When she said people run away screaming I shook my head and wrote,

"well I can't really scream and I think that's actually a really cool power."

at her own question I smmiled reassuringly and patted her shoulder before answering,

"it's okay, no need to tread on eggshells, I'm tough. I had sonic boom/hypno voice and power over electricity. Now I'm just a mechanic. Martial artist." then I paused trying to find a good way to say it and settled on,

"Mission went wrong. They say it might only be temporary. Dunno." I shrugged and smiled when the pizza arrived.

Scorrrreeeee!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Jinx frowned. “Not even able to laugh, huh?”

She sat across from Julie, ordering a Hawaiian pizza – She had to admit, she had been eating a lot of pizza lately, so much so, in fact, that the boxes were piling up in her apartment. But, Hawaiian was always her favourite.

Jinx smiled, the action tugging on her pale lips. “Yeah, it’s cool until people run and scream. It’s happened before,” she stated, figuring it was true. In fact, it was very true indeed. “Yeah,” she finished lamely.

“Good to know. I have no tact whatsoever, so that’s definitely good to know,” she answered, “And that is – erm, uh – A cool power. Or powers. So what do you like making?”

Mission. Was this girl definitely with the Titans?

“You were, or are, with the Titans? Which team? What’s the new line-up looking like, anyway?” she asked, then hastily tacking on, “I mean, I’ve been here all my life but the changeover wasn’t exactly highly broadcasted. I just remember the originals.”
Back to top Go down
Capricious
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Capricious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:46 am

I nodded. Another price to pay for my sister. My laugh.

"I've seen things to run screaming from. You're not one of them. You seem nice."

I wrote simply, glad when our food came. After taking a bite out of my cheese pizza I wrote,

"I built a new TCar. I needed a ride of my own. So I made one. I also help repair whatever needs fixing. But transportation is my speciality."

I smiled and nodded,

"I am. Titans West. Aka the main team, i guess. Silent is our leader, we've got three other girls and three more guys. Including Ben10, my boyfriend. Silent sort of found me wandering the streets and saw what I could do, brought me in for testing and since they had just lost a member I was recruited."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:38 am

Jinx laughed. She seemed nice. Sure, she guessed she was. Now. “Thanks, I guess,” Jinx said, shrugging. “You seem nice, too. Anyone who throws shoes at Gizmo is nice in my books.”

The pizza came, and Jinx began to eat pizza quicker than ever before. She hadn’t realized just how hungry being a good guy, for once, made you.

“New T-Car? Nice! Wow, looking at you, you don’t look like the ‘mechanic’ type,” Jinx stated, simply. It was true, Julie looked almost too fragile. But, maybe Jinx was stereotyping.

Jinx listened in, keenly interested. “Wow. Bigger team, then?” She asked, unaware that the switchover had changed so drastically. But, she had paid attention to the news. “Oh, Ben Ten! I know of him, he’s that guy who’s sometimes on the news and switches into weird aliens, right?” She asked, finishing off another slice of pizza. “Um, no offense.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk me out of it. (Capricious)   Talk me out of it. (Capricious) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talk me out of it. (Capricious)
Page 1 of 1