Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
Mistress Obsidian
Power Stats - Page 3 Vote_lcapPower Stats - Page 3 Voting_barPower Stats - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
Power Stats - Page 3 Vote_lcapPower Stats - Page 3 Voting_barPower Stats - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Power Stats

Go down 
+5
Pikazard
Moon
Izzy
Ama
The Muse
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Power Stats - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am

*drinks milk*

Dar wrote:
If we do use this stat system, it will be used for a reboot of the site's history.

0_0 *spits milk*

I have got to start reading minds more often. Random revelations aside, this boxing of powers seems to be going well. Just a couple I'd like you to walk me through Dar:

Pix (Pixelkinesis) – Energy Projection, right?

Caesar (Adoptive Muscle Memory) – This power is to gain skills. So is it of itself contributing to points? And if so, how so?

Caesar (Enhanced Intelligence) – Enhanced to the point of an average human IQ. That's smart for a monkey but not in general. Does this count? If so, what under?

Scapegoat (Mental Bolts) – Energy Projection again?

Scapegoat (Ghoul physiology – Revival) – It'll come under Healing, but then I'm stumped as to how this would be scored. Sure Scapegoat will come back to life whenever he is struck, either weak or powerful (i.e. falling piano); but that was balanced by the fact that he would die from any second blow, either powerful or weak (i.e. stubbing his toe). He also has no 'Healing' against attacks such as fire or acid that eat away at his body.

According to your layout, an instant recovery from death would score this a 10. But that instant recovery is entirely conditional and counter-balanced in other ways.

I am warily in favour of this points system. It could very well level the playing field. But my fears are that it will stifle creativity. These group descriptors aren't yet broad enough, even by a stretch of their definitions. If a power is imagined and there is not an obvious group it fits into, the person may be reluctant to ask advice and instead move onto something more mainstream. We don't necessarily want what is shown here to suggest a 'be all end all'.

Right? o.o

Also, could you clarify how the weakness deduction works? Does it apply to every power weakness? Like water for pyrokinesis? Character weakness? Like short of stature? How will we know how much you can take off for each weakness? How will we know which weaknesses are valid? Where are my car keys? What time is it in Nova Scotia? And who was the third Blues Brother?

Lastly – I take it the points available increase over time? People train in thread, learn new things and improve old powers. I'd hate to see that unrewarded. Given the Site Reboot, that would bring everyone back to square one. But then those who persevere with a character could be rewarded by additional points per time spent roleplaying them (not via post count, but actual time).

Yours Sincerely, Double Dee

P.S. Disregard this last sentence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:52 pm

That's a lot of questions. I'll try my best to answer them for you.

Pix's pixelkinesis would indeed be energy projection. Scapegoat's mental bolts would fall under Telepathy, which I guess I should have called Psionics.

This list is by no means the end-all list. A new, updated version of this stat system will be posted soon, and that probably won't quite be the final version, either. All the feedback in this thread is going to help mold this stat system into the best it can be. Caesar's ability to learn things (as well as his hyper-intelligence) and Scapegoat's revival ability are both things that don't fit well into the current stat system. I don't want the stat system to restrict anyone's creativity. Quite the opposite, actually. More categories will be added, and they will be better defined. There will probably always be powers that don't fit perfectly, so I plan on making a category for "everything else." This will include things like Starfire's ability to learn languages with a kiss and Caesar's ability to mimic skills.

Yes, members will gain more points over time, so don't be upset if your character can't reach their full potential at launch. They will train, unlock, and discover more power within themselves. Every 200 posts or so, you will gain another power point. The final number has yet to be decided.

So yeah, thank you for the feedback. Expect a new version soon. Weaknesses will be covered in the next version, along with other things.
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Name: Vira
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Idea: maybe villains should get 2 or 3 extra points since they are usually teamed up against by heroes. I'd say both teamed villains and individual ones are equally important. Making them on perfectly equal ground may discourage open threads.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Can't argue with that! Thanks for listening. Then accordingly Pix would score:

Healing - 6 (Pixel form)

Energy Projection - 2 (Pixelkinesis)

Shifting - 2 (Pixel form)
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:42 am

Since DD mentioned it for Pix, I imagine I can do the same for Izzy.

What would her Violet Constructs be categorized as? Psionics because they're thought based? Energy Projection because they take physical form?

For that matter what would her healing rating be? I recently did a thread where I had her create stitching constructs to heal a rather deep wound, and then the constructs proceeded to heal it over using a few different very real accelerated healing processes that are used in surgery. Would that be a 10? Because Star Sapphires can also revive the recently deceased.

Lastly, Izzy is capable of hypersonic flight through space, she knows martial arts and is pretty good with a sword, she is skilled at riding a horse, she has lantern reflexes and endurance, and her ring with its built in translator and such can essentially be considered a gadget.

What would all of these be set as for Izzers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:41 am

Hmm... I suppose Flint would be like this.

Energy protection: 3

Durability: 7

Because Flint can't do without it Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:09 pm

I've spent a lot of time thinking and reading over all the great feedback you guys have given me. I wonder if we've made everything too complicated over the years. This is a RP based game, not a game about numbers. I have a simplified version of the stat system, and I would like to see what you guys think about it, as opposed to the previous one. The goal is to put the focus on the RP, instead of the numbers.

This system focuses more around Power Tiers for certain abilities. The higher the tier you have in a certain stat, the more powerful that ability is. The tiers are more vague than the power point system, and your relative power within the same tier is determined by how many posts you have. Someone with Tier 3 Strength and 300 posts would be stronger than another member with Tier 3 Strength and 100 posts. However, posts can never make you exceed your tier. A Tier 2 Strength character with 2000 posts would still be weaker than a Tier 3 Strength character with 20 posts.

Teleportation- 1- Short distance, limited use. 2- Mid distance. Travel across town. 3- Unlimited. Teleport around the world

Healing- 1- Heal from light wounds. 2- Heal from medium wounds. 3- Heal from deadly wounds.

Strength/Telekinesis- 1- Lift up to 1 ton. 2- Lift up to 10 tons. 3- Lift up to 100 tons. (Flying with the use of telekinesis loses one tier level compared to Flight).

Durability/Force Field- 1- Shrug off punches. 2- Bullets bounce off you. 3- Survive a rocket.

Psionics- 1- Read thoughts on someone’s mind. 2. Read through everything someone knows. 3- Go inside someone’s mind.

Invisibility- 1- Master of Stealth. 2- Turn invisible for a short time. 3- Be invisible at will.

Phasing- 1- Hold breath to walk through a wall. 2- With a concentrated effort, you can pass through solid objects. 3- You can be intangible all the time.

Flight- 1- Fly slowly. 2- Fly up to 100 miles per hour. 3- Fly at high speeds.

Speed- 1- You can catch up to a car. 2- You can run hundreds of miles per hour. 3- You can move so fast that most people can’t even see you.

Reflexes/Precognition- 1- You can dodge most melee attacks. 2- You can dodge bullets…sometimes. 3- You can react instantly to threats moving near the speed of light.

Energy Projection- 1- You can make fire in your hand. 2- You can shoot a powerful energy blast. 3- You are a master of magic.

Resistance- (Each point gives you immunity to a form of deadly energy or various ailments) You can have up to 3. Some examples are: Fire, electricity, cold, poison, acid, sonic, light, magic, disease, psionic attacks, ect)

Sensory- 1- You can discover information about someone you are looking at. 2- You can sense someone sneaking up on you. 3- You have limited radar around you.

Shifting- 1- Change your appearance but gain no other powers. 2- Temporarily gain any tier 1 power. 3- Temporarily gain any tier 2 power, or 2 tier 1 powers. (This stat only covers being able to shape shift into multiple forms. If you want to turn into one powerful form, then simply put points into the appropriate stats for that form.)

Gadgets- 1- You have a few gadgets. 2- You have a lot of gadgets. 3- You have an arsenal of gadgets for every situation.

Magic Items (also includes advanced technology)- 1. Low Powered magical item. 2. The item has several magical features. 3. The item is legendary in power.

Skills- 1- You are a protégé of a few skills. 2- You are a well suited to handle any situation. 3- You are a master of many skills.

Other- Anything and everything else. These powers do not require tiers. Simply putting one point in here will get you that ability. This includes things like Starfire’s ability to learn languages with a kiss, Superman’s x-ray vision, or entering a healing trance after receiving a mortal blow.
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Name: Vira
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:47 pm

erm...sorry but no, putting basic numbers on everything isn't complicated.
Not to mention implementing it would be pointless, it would barely ever come into play and doesn't make things much clearer.

Anyways, it seems silly to implement a system if it doesn't make things more exact. We might as well keep it the same if that stat system is like this.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Rav is right. It's fun to see what a character scores, but that's about it. This should be an optional thing to do on the side, not a full set in stone system.

For example, I had a blast trying to figure out where Rose, Emily, Izzy and Tex would fall into it all. And YOU CAN TOO! (Believe to achieve!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:20 am

Don't be sorry, Rav. I'm just looking for feedback here. I'm surprised that you two liked the more specific system better. Surprised, but not upset. I still want to hear what other members have to say about this, but you both brought up very good points.

Back to top Go down
Ama
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Ama

RPG character
Name: Quinn
Code Name: Al-Safira

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:26 am

So, the stat system is to help make it easier for people to gauge the powers of characters more simply, well. How about utilizing the application instead? Give the powers section a format that breaks a power up into chunks, showing off what is important. Something like this;

Quote :
Power: Pyrokinesis
Description:
The Power to manipulate the element of fire.
Details:
A basic list of things that can be done with fire would go here
Restrictions/Limitations:
??? is only able to manipulate fire, not generate it.
Weaknesses:
Water

Just a very quick, basic sample. But it would be easier to implement. Then of course, the acceptance is down to the discretion of us moderators. But yeah, easier.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Izzy

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:06 am

So like this?

Power: Violet Constructs
Description: Izzy can create a construct of anything she wishes using the violet light of love. These constructs are solid and can take any form, as well as morphing themselves. While weaker than most constructs, Violet ones release a blast of violet dust that will blind anyone but a Star Sapphire.
Details: Anything she can imagine (usually Greek/roman weapons)
Weaknesses: Constructs can be consumed by other lanterns or broken altogether. Additionally if Izzy is not enraged or embracing the emotion of love, she cannot create constructs. Finally, her imagination is rather limited, putting her mostly with her natural abilities with Greek/Roman weaponry due to her demigod heritage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Stats
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3