Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
Mistress Obsidian
Power Stats - Page 2 Vote_lcapPower Stats - Page 2 Voting_barPower Stats - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
Power Stats - Page 2 Vote_lcapPower Stats - Page 2 Voting_barPower Stats - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Power Stats

Go down 
+5
Pikazard
Moon
Izzy
Ama
The Muse
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Power Stats - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:53 pm

Pika, thanks.

Rav, Flight and speed are different stats, but they work pretty much the same. Putting more points in either one will give you more speed. Flight gives you the advantage of a bird's eye view on the situation. Speed allows you to run along the surface at faster speeds. What do you think about the relationship between speed and reflexes? Should you need to put points in reflexes for speed? Or should you be able to run fast and avoid obstacles (minus attacks) naturally as a speedster?
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Name: Vira
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:11 pm

No, the reflexes serve as a good balancing act...but we could halve the points needed to achieve...say...6 for powers that are inherently related, like speed reflexes, sometimes flight and telekinesis, durability and strength. Situationally phasing and invisibility.

So at level 3 you'd be equal to level 6, but past that you need normal points so 4 would be 7, 5 would be 8, 6 would be nine, and 7 would be 10.

We could also make it that for false flight you need to put 2-4 points into flight regardless of how it is achieved. Ie: a person witha ton of super strength would have to put some points Into flight if they want to jump past a few stories, people who can make platforms would need to of they want to ride on the platforms, fire people need points in if they want jets. That way someone can't say 'oh no, he's flying but it's because he can lift himself with telekinesis'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:01 pm

I see what you're saying. One point in reflexes should be enough to allow you to use your super speed free of worry. You don't need 10 points of reflexes to use 10 points of speed. However, being able to avoid attacks from other members will only be easier if you have reflexes.

As for the flight, I'm not sure we need to do that. Telekinesis would give you flight, sure, but it would be a very inefficient version of flight. Strength would allow you to jump, sure, but you would still have to come back down.

Here's a starter list of skills you could chose from if you put points into skill:

martial arts, lock picking, stealth, acrobatics, learn languages, sharp-shooting, weapon training, forgery, make poison/antidotes, make explosives, create weaponry, hacking, tracking, strategy, treat wounds, driving/piloting, persuasion, swimming, tech expert, pass lie detector tests, fortified mind (limited defense against telepathy), acting, perception.

Skills are like weak powers, but you can get a lot of them by putting several points into skill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:19 am

On just basics this covers quite a bit, but of course there will always be something that doesn't adhere to the list, since powers are numerous. Although, either way when that obstacle comes it can be dealt with.

So in other words I'm quite surprised to say this really works. Good job Dar.
Back to top Go down
Pikazard
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Pikazard

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:45 am

I know I had no complaint earlier, but I think there should be some human levels, other than just 0, eg 0 is average human, 1 is human with some training and 2 is Peak for humans.
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Name: Vira
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:49 am

Training would be under skills.
Back to top Go down
Pikazard
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Pikazard

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:29 pm

No, I mean training in that stat, for example 1 strength would be someone with weightlifting training, but not superhuman or peak strength.
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:02 pm

I have a thought. Could someone have more points if they have more/bigger weakness? I'm looking at my character Kardus and he would need, like, 42 points using this scale; but he also has some major weaknesses and limitations to make up for it.

One example would be his re-materialization power. This is technically a healing power and, since he can be blown completely to bits by, say, a nuke and still be able to come back from it, that would technically be a level 10 power. However this comes with a cost; his body is kind of fragile, and he can only re-materialize about 3 times in a row before he gets tired and has to rest in his pocket dimension for a while.

So could people do this? Make a sacrifice to gain more points by adding weaknesses? Just an idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Pika, someone who has peak human strength could use skill (for weight training). The more skill points you have, the higher your strength, but it would never reach super human level.

Kardus, I think adding weaknesses to get additional points is a good idea. However, you shouldn't be able to gain 32 extra points in this manor. A weakness would probably have to be something that would hurt your character, but not others. Limitations on the number of times a power can be used isn't enough to really count as a weakness. Perhaps if the use of a power harmed you in some way, that could count.

If we do use this stat system, it will be used for a reboot of the site's history. In such a case, a lot of characters, like Kardus, are going to have to get weaker. My Shivering Jemmy is no exception. Right now, the average power level of characters on this site is very high, a lot higher than the actual Teen Titans from the show. The stat system is meant to make the actual Titans more impressive, since it would require quite a few points to account for their abilities.

I invite people to post their characters' stats with this system. Use 10 points, even if you have to make your characters weaker. Get creative, and tell us about what works well and what needs improvement with this system.

Grace Koori
Skill- 6 (Martial Arts, Weapon Training- Swordsmanship, Acrobatics, Walking on Ice, Perception, Stealth)

Reflexes- 4

Back to top Go down
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Energy

Location : My bedroom where I spend most my time cause I have no life XP

RPG character
Name: Milicondras Gen- *is shot and a new person walks in clearing his throat* Miley.....
Code Name: Fire Spitter (But that's only in other worlds.... for now 0 u 0)
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:43 am

ok i'm still trying to get this down so if I mess up please tell me nicely and don't freak out also going try each of my characters to see if they could fit in the stat system and how if they can.

Miley:

Flight - 2
Healing - 1
Miley's alternate forms/shape shifting - 1?
Fire attacks/Energy projection - 3

Miley also has a few vital skills and minor skills that it only makes sense for her to have like knows a few other demon languages, acrobatics, survival skills, etc. and she also has high pain tolerance but I'm not sure where to put that since she is still hurt normally with that but she doesn't freak out if let say punched in the face Miley also has complete immunity to fire but I'm not sure how many points that would be. I think all and all for he minor skills or major things that it would only make sense for her to have would fit for this stat system in it's current state. Also Miley has fire proof clothes so she doesn't turn them to ash when using her powers but not sure if I should add it or where it would go since it's technical immunity and also since it doesn't really help her per say and is only used for giving her clothes for the most part.

Nightingale:

dimensional portals/ Teleporting - (Her 'teleporting' is something unlike the other things but it seems that it could fit best here in this category but not sure how it would work out so just going with this number for now) 2
Skills - (She has way too many skills to fit into here and a lot of them like throwing her voice to sound like anyone's perfectly I think would be too high of a number for her to have any other major skills like that one that she needs in order to be her so leaving this blank for now)
Items - 4 (2 mini scythes connected by super long chain, 2 hidden pistols)

Caroline:

Picture summoning - (Didn't see anything that fit this power)
Card levitation - (Same issue as first power)
Sight through vibrations in earth/lie detecting - (Same issue as first power)
Skills - 6 (3 hearing better than others, 1 can speak German, 1 basic fighting/weapon skills, 1 can tell who people are through hearing their voices.)
Items - 4 (2 cane with hidden katana in it, 1 deck of cards, 1 sunglasses?)
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character
Name: Conner Kent
Code Name: Superboy
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:48 pm

So if we went ahead and used power stats I'd have to go ahead and drop Superboy and Nightmare cos there's no way I could spread out their abilities with these points. I'd probably bring back and use Tara as my main and put her elemental stat as 10, or maybe 9 with 1 for flight with her aerokinesis control
Back to top Go down
Pikazard
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Pikazard

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Shout

Teleportation

Healing

Strength/Telekinesis

Durability

Telepathy

Invisibility

Phasing

Flight
2/3

Speed

Reflexes/Precognition

Energy Projection
2 (If his screams count)

Shifting

Items

Skills

Metamorphi

Teleportation

Healing

Strength/Telekinesis

Durability
Variable

Telepathy

Invisibility

Phasing

Flight

Speed
Variable

Reflexes/Precognition
Variable

Energy Projection

Shifting
9 (the actual number would be way too high for a stat system of 10, this is just made to fit said stat number)

Items

Skills

Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm trying to figure out were to put Kardus's points... Lets try:

Teleportation: 2

Healing: 4

Telekinesis: 3

Durability: -2 (as a side effect of the healing)

Telepathy 1

Items: 2

When I think about it Kardus may have the ability to shift his points a bit. For example when he uses his sword's power it moves all his points except telepathy to 'Items'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Paige, Items only count if they are advanced or magical in nature. Your sunglasses are free! I myself had a really hard time trying to think of skills for Grace. Try amazing us with how many you can come up with.

Pika, you don't have to show stats for powers you don't have. I know the internet isn't going to run out of paper, but we don't need to look at all those 0's. Meta would still be an amazing shifter for having 9 points. 10 is the best ever, after all. And who's better than Metamorphi?

Kardus- Those stats look good. Yeah, making him extra fragile could be a good enough weakness to give him those extra points. You also bring up a good question. Can points shift? I'll have to think about that for a bit.

Thank you to all of you for your contributions!

Back to top Go down
Pikazard
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Pikazard

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Dar, to awnser your question: JaK Sage and Metamorpho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Stats   Power Stats - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Stats
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next