Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Vote_lcapWant to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Voting_barWant to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Vote_lcapWant to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Voting_barWant to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)   Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 8:07 pm

After he finished his examination of Butterfinger's escape JaK turned to see how Honest was doing with the interrogation of Balthazar. Upon doing so JaK heard the oh so familiar sound of a shot fired, followed by Marlo Suda's image standing over the body of the now dead man. The smoldering gun was in the hand of the former Red Dagger Elite's palm while blood splatter encased the ground and a bit of Marlo's boot. Afterwards JaK's accomplice shakily spoke that the job was done and they could go home, but for JaK this was far from over.

Many assumed Sage was a badass, a guy not afraid to do what needed to be done, but again, despite all that he had never crossed that line. The line Liev had just crapped all over. The line between hero, villain, and the in between had definitely been blurred and JaK didn't know who to blame for smudging it. JaK had always presumed Honest was more of a bleeding heart than a fighter, a warrior, or even a savior, but now....Now he had shown exactly how far he would go. The question was still begging in JaK's mind...Was that even necessary? Hell, even if it was, did he have the right to do that? What a mad man, a serial killer or a super villain did they had limited control over, but JaK and Liev, they were Titans! They were supposed to be the good guys and JaK wasn't going to lie to himself, he had almost done the same thing many a time, but with the knowledge of what his partner had just done in his mind JaK had to wonder... Could he ever trust Liev again?

"Y-Y-You shot him...in cold blood like that? The hell are you doing!? Ya were under cover, but were still Titans dammit!!"

JaK had a random outburst, but then quickly calmed himself and just looked at Balthazar's image. It wasn't the first time he had seen a dead body or the first time he had watched one of his teammates kill, but every time it made him question if it was really him who was the renegade of the Titans here; Zack, Grace, and Liev had all knowingly killed other living and breathing human beings. Some deaths may have been admittedly unavoidable, but wasn't it their job as heroes to find out? Sage was trying to reconcile with his teammates decision in his head. He told himself it was necessary, that it had to be done to keep their covers, that man had been a killer, Honest's cover might have corrupted him, but no matter which way you slice it Honest had made a call that any soldier in the field might have made to preserve the mission and JaK couldn't condemn him for it. Morally, however, JaK didn't know what to think.

"You're right....Lets get out of here."

That being said, JaK removed his eye-patch that came with the guise of Fusion. His voice was cold to be quite honest. Originally they might have built a rather close, or closer, bond then what they had in the last month or so, but with that singular act JaK had now pushed Liev to the brim of his emotional spectrum. No longer a teammate, a friend, or partner, but a stranger...someone he worked with and that was all. In the days that had passed JaK realized he had been wrong about Liev alll that time; he had proven himself a competent combatant, skillful liar, masterful technician and then he shattered JaK's image of what he thought he knew once again by proving he was what they fought [i]against[i/]. If even Liev could fall too such an end, what hope did JaK have? How long was it going to be until he came upon a situation where he would have to make the same choice, and what was scarier, would he ever stop once he made it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)   Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 12:29 am

"And with a poorly-timed coup, the supposedly wise Balthazar walks right into a trap." General Whitberg walked through the door to the room. The giant man barely fit through the door, but now he walked casually over to the two Titans.

"It seems our plan was more successful than we ever expected, gentlemen. We got your message. Balthazar probably never thought twice about sending it. Rather poetic how that worked out. The Red Dagger is dead. All the guards and opperatives that were still alive have now been arrested, and we owe it all to you two. So much so that I decided to come down and thank you personally. You two performed beautifully, and I know it wasn't easy. You will certainly recieve your reward."

The general looked from Liev to JaK, and then back again. "Is something wrong?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)   Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Honest didn’t reply or even acknowledge JaK’s confused state and rightful bantering until his co-worker mentioned that Liev was right about going home. Sure, it was bloody egocentric and narcissistic of the actor, but it was just––well, one of his true natures. He had honestly just lost respect for JaK as he protested killing someone. He couldn’t believe the hypocrisy in that accusation.

Ripping off the Marlo Suda mask, Honest transformed into himself, actor’s sleek and neutral black clothing covering extremely pale and abundantly scarred skin save his hands and face. It was odd for anyone who knew him because he didn’t have his signature, bouffant, ruffled collar with gold trimmings. His hair was back to being dark brown, short, and semi-curly along paired with strong eyebrows and peering gold eyes. The German Titan ran a hand through his hair and sighed, the proceeded to pull a small inhaler from one of his trousers’ pockets, shook it a little, brought it to his lips, then inhaled the dose of medication. Soon, the light in his countenance seemed to feel easier and the air around him less tense.

Honest finally replied with an exaggerated sigh. “For god’s sake, JaK, cut the crap. We’ve been killing people all along. Senda, Yaga, Sera, Abaz, and don’t forget all the people we’ve let them kill, or rather, kill each other. It was all because of us––we’re now the ones to have tasted mass decimation, too, but it has no blackening on my conscience. They deserved to die, because the made others die, too. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, I don’t even care which one any more because it all ends up being equalised. So think to yourself again with the knowledge of murder in your eyes: we saved millions by killing hundreds. One day, I fully believe that we’ll get killed in one way or another and heck, even our families will die simply because they’re related to us. friends included,” Liev replied, his voice and words laced with unnerving calmness and nonchalant, flat words. No emotions, really, and no extra expressions that could be expected from someone who had just been exposed to bloody shootings, strange adversaries, heat, noise, and everything else that could be expected from a traumatic circumstance. He continued, “it’s horrible, I know, but to pretend the world is a happy-go-lucky comedy that ends favorably for the main protagonist is complete bullsh*t, especially when everyone else doesn’t know there lines or who the hell they’re supposed to be. It’s annoying. If you’re going to fake yourself out, especially when you’re dealing with predestined sins, at least give it a half-@assed shot. Try it, JaK. It’s worked for me all along.”

Liev was a living paradox. He was a perfect contradiction, especially for one who lied like a slanderous snake that slithered stealthily through the seams and secrets of social society.

“Hmm. Now that we’ve made a grand mess of things, who’s gonna clean it all up?”

Right on cue, the General walked through the door and asked the most stupid and ridiculous question Liev had ever heard!

”Is something wrong?

“Wow,” Honest muttered, “the military truly has gone to trash,” then made his voice clear and louder for intended ears as the usual sarcasm peppered an annoyed tone. “Oh, nothing, Sir. We’ve only just been subjugated to a few scratches and a little argumentation, here and there. Nothing to big or serious. I just wish you would have appeared a little sooner; both JaK and I got the SPLENDID opportunity to have-at America’s obesity problem. Now that’s going to be one heck of a story to tell the grandkids!” He gave a few shrilled chuckles that quickly reduced to wheezy coughs and an unpleasant look on Liev’s face, the first expression he’d shown since killing Balthazar. “Do... do you have a ventilator or an––eh...eh–EpiPen? I do-–believe–I... *wheeze* just might... *wheeze* pass... out...” the asthmatic young adult was now trying to heave in any untainted air he could get but was evidently not doing a good job. “I’m allergic... To.. cgar *cough, cough, hack* smo––”

But he wasn’t even able to finish his sentence before collapsing right onto General Whitberg with a great and dramatic fall. So much for a graceful exit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)   Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:15 am

Whitberg was talking into a cell-phone as soon as Honest hit the ground. "I need a medical team in here." A few seconds later, two medics ran into the room and over to Honest. Epi-Pens were out and injected into Honest within a few seconds, along with some pain-killer.

General Whitberg turned to JaK. "I never expected you to be happy at the end of this mission. Once you've both rested, we'll hold the debriefing. Until then, my soldiers will take care of your every need. You both now hold the temporary rank of Captain."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)   Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:46 am

"Splendid."

JaK looked on as the men had come to aid Honest. It's a good thing to, because JaK wouldn't have lifted a finger to aid him. It's kind of poetic in a way, in fact an oxymoron or even ironic, one of the of those words fancy lit. writers would use to describe the situation. The rough and tough Titan simply had an issue with killing, it was the one line he wouldn't cross. He knew there were people he couldn't save, he knew people would die on his watch, but he would never take someone's life by his own hand. He had tried it before, didn't work out for him. Simple reason; it's too easy...WAY too damn easy. Just like it's easy to do what you want, it's easy to take what not yours when you can, it's easy to just run away, but the problem is when does it all stop? Liev on the other hand was fine? Had he been corrupted, JaK wasn't so sure anymore. Honest was his code name, but JaK was just now getting the complete irony behind it. JaK genuinely thought he had began to understand the guy. He thought he knew what kind of person he was. Boy had he been wrong, hence the name. Honest had fooled him and apparently even fooled himself if he truly believed the babble he spat about being a hero. Being a 'savior' was being just that, a savior, all the time. Not half the time and then the rest the executioner. If there were others they couldn't save or wouldn't, fine, but JaK would never be the executioner and that's where he and Liev were forever going to differ until the day JaK was finally brought to his level or was killed. To be quite honest, minus the irony of course, but just the simple plain old truth of the matter; JaK never wanted to be anything, like, near, or on the same level as this guy.

"I don't want your rank, a gold star, nuthin but what was promised to me. The Titan's names cleared along with any other offences against us....."

JaK then looked with contempt towards Honest. They were back to where they began when all of this first started, in fact, they were actually worse. Where before JaK didn't like him, he now had reason to loathe him. Liev was a liar, a murderer, and yet claimed to be the make up of what heroes are made of by even holding the namesake of the Titans. JaK may not be the best role model for kids out there, but what he did believe in, he stood behind firmly. His teammate, however, he did not know how he could go on. How could he even be honest with himself when he had to justify his own motives every day, when he had to pretend everyday to be something/someone else, how did he even live with himself.

"...Give your congrats to him and your titles. You know by now he can play any part he feels, why not a government dog to."

Along with Titan, hero, killer, murderer, God, executioner, jury, victim, etc...As JaK pondered these thoughts he walked away rather disgusted and exited the room. This was not a victory today, a lot of people had to die over largely simple notions of ideas and greed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)   Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:46 pm

A few weeks later, the three men sat in General Whitberg's office. Whitberg looked jolly as ever, having achieved everything he wanted with this mission. The Red Dagger was out of the way, and he hadn't lost any resources in destroying them. The only cost of the opperation was an extended pardon to the Teen Titans for any crimes, real or otherwise, that they might commit.

"I wanted you both to be assured that I will honor our agreement. In fact, just a few days ago I pulled some strings to keep Ben 10 and Toji out of harms way. They were picking a fight with some government agents, but the situation was resolved in your favor. You wouldn't believe how many people are employed specifically to kill you if the need arises, but now they'll have to spend their time doing other things, like gardening."

"Now I know you have some differences of opinions, and I'm sure that neither of you like me very much, but I'm willing to talk about anything you want. If you don't want to talk, there's the door. We have two seperate cars that will take you anywhere you want to go. But if you want to discuss the mission, I'm all ears."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)   Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:01 pm

“JaK,” Honest replied heatedly and with obvious annoyance and fiery disgust peppering his slight German undertones, “I’d rather not be a part of the creeps who skinned Silent Night alive, helped out my brother slaughter a seventeen-year-old innocent girl, and not to mention the reason why I’m so good at what I do. Shapeshifting, to be exact. This pretty face is truly just a mask. I don’t have flesh underneath there anymore. But hey, I got the chance to re-sculpt my identity unlike so many people have the luxury to do. Kind of like you, only I have nothing left to go on. Thank you kindly for the offer, but I must decline on those above purposes and those alone.”

He gave a shrill, forced giggle that sounded more like a Chihuahua being stepped on than genuine... gigglry, per say, after making that starkly blunt comment, especially in front of a Big Kahuna Government Official, but he wanted to make his point. And he wanted it to sting.

General Whitberg’s gleeful glory genuinely creeped even Honest out––which is a feat in and of itself––but other than that, he didn’t have much to say otherwise about the mission, results, or which people would be benefitted or just really pissed off. What needed to be done was done, and the information, emotions, images, experiences, and ‘traits’ gained during the mission to behead the Red Dagger had been hidden in the crevices of Honest’s mind and buried away like everything else that he had gone through and didn’t like. It was a real talent and a real curse; like JaK had realised, all those layers of lies would someday be the end of such a skilled liar. Did the Teen Titan have any regrets? No. He had already shifted back to his own self, the curtain was closed, and he was done.

…almost.

“You’re right about us hating you, but I honestly don’t have anything to say about the mission. I bet you suits would find some way to screw things up for us or try to pull some more false accusation crap,” Honest replied flatly. And yes, he was referencing his killing of the scholar Balthazar. He paused then, just to stare at General Whitberg a little longer while completely ignoring JaK. “But I do have a request. Make sure the real Marlo Suda dies, and swear it to me. I also want to know when it’s going to happen and when his ticker officially stops,” he clasped his hands, leaned toward General Whitberg, and the placed his elbows on the table as he peered into the agent’s delighted eyes with his own enigmatic golden ones.

“I know I’m not intimidating to you, but I do know when you lie. It’s another ‘skill’ I’ve picked up over the years, and I must boast that I am very, very good at it––reading lies, of course. So don’t lie to me. It would be a very, very foolish thing to do, General Whitberg. Very foolish."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)   Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:51 am

Whitberg chuckled to himself. One might have assumed by now that it was his response to everything. He looked Honest in the eyes without blinking. His smile never left his face.

"No."

Whitberg allowed that word to sink in for a few seconds. "I'm sorry, Liev, but I cannot promise you that. I cannot make sure that he dies. Right now, the situation with Marlo Suda is even more complicated than you know. World leaders, scientists, all sorts of people have been talking to him lately. He apparently had one final card up his sleeve. For as many people that think that he should die, there are just as many wanting him to live."

Whitberg thought for a moment. "This may sound silly, but why do you want him dead so much? He isn't hurting anyone in prison."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)   Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:10 am

"Oh, haven't you heard General?"

JaK spoke matter of factually, sharing no feelings for the man beside him, but rather contempt. His justifications, wait no, his reasoning for what he did provided no excuses for Liev calling himself a hero. Yet, at the same time was an avid liar and now apparently and unrepenting death seeker. If Honest had not saved so many lives JaK would qualify him in same category as a Benedict Arnold, a fake, phony, and any other word for turncoat he could think of.

"Killing anyone who's dangerous is the most effective way to deliver justice. It's simple, it's easy, and the best thing about it for people like him is like he just said...Hell never have to truly look at himself in the mirror after he does it because you can always wear a mask."

JaK then slammed both hands upon General Whitberg's desk and stood to leave, he was done here. He had done what he came to do and any more time with Liev might cause him to forget his manners. However, JaK of course had a few parting words as he exited the doorway. Not waiting for any clever retort, not waiting to see the look on Honest's face when he said this, not caring about the generals response. Just talking as he left and then going back home. He had enough deceiving others and being deceived to fill two lifetimes.

"But, no matter what you do, you know without those masks on...you're just as ugly as the choices you make....And no matter how you try to change it, like one's looks, the true nature of your choices will never change...They'll always be hideous deep down, just like you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)   Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:36 pm

Honest sighed at Whitberg’s reply; he should have expected such from a Government goon, but hey, he wasn’t lying. At least he told the truth and made no promises that he could keep. But before he could reply, JaK had began ranting and raving about morals and obligations, masks and lies and how he was evil and blah, blah, blah.

Then, just when Honest had tuned out the ex-cooperative to a most satisfying level, he had left. The great JaK had left the building with the knowledge of what Honest truthfully, really, genuinely was, which happened to be anything but what his codename implied. That was the cherry to Honest’s appealing, misguiding lie.

He coughed, stood, stretched, yawned, and smacked his lips as if waking up from a lovely and satisfying dream. “What he said,” the actor replied soporifically and quite sarcastically, “especially the part about it being simple, easy, and effective... justice, of course, but I do suppose it can describe the rest of his words quite well. A lovely exit, yes, and with a very dramatic feeling to be left with. I suppose that’s my cue, too, so thank you very much, fare-well and such and such, nice to meet you; just can’t beat you, but hope to never see you or ever have to be you, especially because you’ve made me need a buzz. Th-th-th-th-th-thaaaaaaaaat’s all folks! Auf Wiedersehen, Lang lebe Deutschland!”

He took General Whitberg’s hand, shook it and smiled, then turned heel and headed out the door, hoping to phase the U.S. Official with his salute of ”Long live Germany!”

OOC: The end? l:U
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)   Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:42 am

OOC: Sounds good to me. The End!

Thank you both, it's been a pleasure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)   Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want to Make A Deal? (Honest and JaK)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4