Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 85 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 85 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Vote_lcapSite Reboot! - Page 3 Voting_barSite Reboot! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Moon
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Vote_lcapSite Reboot! - Page 3 Voting_barSite Reboot! - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Site Reboot!

Go down 
+16
Substikyute
Prophet_Misfit
Mekasoundwave
Bow
The Muse
Blizzard
Emmz
Draco
Ixen
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Victoria Wesley
The Departed
Josh
foalfire
Thr33
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should we reboot the site!?!?!?!?
Yes
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Vote_lcap53%Site Reboot! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 53% [ 17 ]
No
Site Reboot! - Page 3 Vote_lcap47%Site Reboot! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Mekasoundwave
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Mekasoundwave

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?:

Site Reboot! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:50 am

I like Dar's idea, but I can also see why people wouldn't like this whole thing. Also, the whole "two years in the past" thing poses an interesting question for my character: His powers were activated by an event. What happens when time goes back BEFORE that event? He should technically not have them any more.

But, the weird thing? I kinda want that to happen so I can switch up his powers, at least for a while. Plus, I kinda have a plot idea in mind with that...
Back to top Go down
Draco
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Senshuken
Code Name: The Honerable One
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:36 am

You know, we could make an event out of the whole 'time rewind' thing. The discovery of an ancient relic causes a major disturbance in time, causing everyone to be dumped in random places for a couple of days while things are being fixed. Instead of things returning to normal however everyone who doesn't get lost in time gets dropped back two years with knowledge of what could have been.

Personally, I just want an excuse to dump Sen back onto the Eastern Front in the 1940's or the French Revolution. Maybe with company.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:38 am

JaK, I will say this once, only once, and will be completely unprofessional and blunt: never tell me what you think I'm thinking, because you will always be wrong.

That being said, let us put up a poll. Discussion is great, opinions are even better, but this cannot be dragged out through diplomatic reasoning and fairness, as ideal as it is and as much as I want it to be. We have to decide, and no matter the decision, let it be done quickly, orderly, and definitively. The decision whether to reboot or not to reboot the site must be made before deciding how either of them should be done, for if we don't, all arguments are void.

This sucks, I know, and I say that to all parties and all undecided individuals, not just the ones who are against the changes such as I. One way or another, this choice will make some unhappy; so, let's just get it over with quickly, like a Band-Aid.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Senshuken
Code Name: The Honerable One

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:18 am

So... Will Option 3 be an option?
Back to top Go down
foalfire
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
foalfire

Location : In front of the computer being brainwashed like the rest of you.

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:31 am

I agree with what Honest says. And as much as I hate band-aids, lets just get it over with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoodleStudios?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:50 pm

So...I'm thinking it's my job to make the poll haha?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:30 pm

EDIT: This is a personal post coming from Honest the member, not Honest the Global Moderator. I understand my position presents itself in a manour which possibly makes my opinion result in more impact than others; however, being a moderator does not entitle me to be neutral. That being said,

At this point, I might as well give my final, blunt opinion. It will piss people off, which I've been trying to ever-so-diplomatically avoid, but that approach is futile.

This is an atrocious idea.

Those whose characters have not been successful are at their own fault. I am so angry that an individual cannot simply kill their character creatively and start over, anew, on their own accord, effort, and creativity. I've done it with Fake twice because he was a dud. I've done it with Ignite because I could not figure out a way to make her character work. If you want to reboot the site, you might as well go and make a different one, on a different forum, just as Paige did. Don't screw up what TTRPG has, even if it means leaving it to rot and become a virtual ghost-town.

That is all.

Last edited by Honest on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
foalfire
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
foalfire

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:34 pm

THANK YOU HONEST! You arrived right in time too!
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character
Name: Nina Vulpes/Hazel Fairweather
Code Name: Kitsune/Thyme

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:40 pm

*Stares at the 50/50 vote* Well...what are we going to do now o.o but yeah I'm with Honest and Foal, people can redo their characters and make an interesting plot line out of it instead of getting rid of threads that will be very important to certain people, that's if we're not going to consider Dar's idea....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:46 pm

It's becoming a blatant annoyance for me to read this thread and have to see you act like this Noah. I'm sorry, but as a moderator we get you can have your opinion. However, as you can see the poll is 50/50 at the current moment and time. Your job is to ALL the people of this site, not just those who agree with you. You know your words have pull here, correct, as you are a Gmod? Therefore, you should be trying to keep a neutral voice of opinion as to serve everyone. "Trying to" at the very least. When at the head of the site, you must realize your vote means more in pull than anyone else on here, as do your words. Do you see Dar or Thr33 in here constantly parading their point of view against the reboot!? No, if anything they are trying to satisfy everyone.

Your first reply was enough for us to see you dont like it, the others filled with blunt remarks are not welcome. It's unbecoming and unbefitting. You don't agree, we get it, but as you can see it's split...Not tilted, so not everyone agrees with you. It does not make the idea atrocious and not everyone likes throwing away their characters or retiring them. There's no need to bash and be uncorgile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Must my words be pegged as unfair because I am a Global Moderator? If that's the case, let me act as two people to appease all, not just a specific party.

"Global Moderator" Honest - Not true; I am not just a Global Moderator, JaK, but a person, too. I can be both, and I'd like to think that my title does not restrict me from giving my personal opinion. Bluntness, in this case, is what I view to be the only way to put across a point and make it short.

"Member" Honest - And please, do not verse me in the ways of being a moderator and an example to all, for that is a position which you lost, and lost for a reason. It is Your remarks are also unnecessary and "ungorgile" (although that is not a word, but I get the gist), for they are simply dripping[i] with a rank, unbefitting, and unwelcome hypocrisy. Don't waste my time on endless spats that get us no-where and have never gotten us anywhere. Beside, why do you care so much of the fate of this site if you've joined Paige's rendition as well as been made a moderator there? Is there [i]nothing to satiate you? If you wish to give your rebuttal to my own refutations toward you directly, please do so via PM, of which I will happily contest with the upmost tenacity and furious, personal fervor.

Both "Member" and "Global Moderator" Honest - I need not justify any of my opinions any longer; it's ridiculous, unproductive, and apparently not welcome, and unbecoming. However, My opinion and words stand.
Back to top Go down
foalfire
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
foalfire

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:39 pm

You know, shouldn't this be decided or at the very least INCLUDE Emblem and or Krious? Since they are the creators of the site and actually hold the final say in whether this should or should not happen? And to add to that I believe that yes, the higher the rank the Moderator is, yes, they have more pull in what their opinion says, but still, I don't believe that if one decides to voice their opinion bluntly some one should smack them down as if they did some thing wrong. Its called freedom of speech in case you didn't know. And if they want to bring up points as to why something should or shouldn't happen I say they should! It helps the debate and the decision.

So, I don't see what the big issue is and why you believe, Innovator, that Honest shouldn't voice his ideas, opinions, and problems with the whole idea.
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Name: Vira
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:54 pm

They're able to have a say, they either don't know about this thread or haven't looked/commented on it. Either way it doesn't matter, we shouldn't have to wait for them. The site reboot is a good idea, everyone should understand that you don't need to set your characters two years back, you could simply set their entire timeline two years back.

When a position where the site is losing activity, which has been going down at a rather steady rate, I don't think it could hurt, perhaps we should try some more advertising first but honestly it's impossible for any site to go on forever. Restarts are the best way to integrate new members. Another note, based on a small fragment of what Emmi said, no one is just getting rid of all the threads. It's not as if every aspect of everything is going to be demolished, there can be a plot line behind it, and it won't be a sudden complete chaos.
Back to top Go down
Prophet_Misfit
Prophet_Misfit

Location : The city, beating up heros, kissing chicks, and getting money.

RPG character
Name: Keith Dainels
Code Name: Azreal
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:45 pm

Though i did not like the long read, i agree about the site needing a reboot, mainly since i have not done much with the two characters i have. So the reboot may be able to give them more of a reason to join into the storyline(s).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Let me be clear. This is not a thread for insulting other members. Further insults on this or any thread will result in me deleting said post and then deciding on further punishment. Please do not make me spend my time in such an unpleasant way. I understand both positions in this decision, and I know that there are things at stake, but please everyone calm down. I don't want to see any more personal attacks here or anywhere else on the site. Consider this your first and final warning.

As of right now, the reboot is not happening. The votes are tied, with my vote slightly putting the poll in favor of a reboot. Since I am the Admin, and since my personal idea for a reboot was different from a simple "yes" or "no" I see this vote as a complete tie. Before making a change as large as a reboot, we should make sure that it would be overwhelmingly accepted. Perhaps, sooner or later, the appeal of a reboot will grow. Perhaps it will diminish entirely. Either way, we seem divided on this subject. The goal of the reboot was to unite the site. If it is not able to facilitate that unity at present, then it may be time to look to new ideas. How else could we make the site more inviting and keep new members around longer? A genuine effort in improving the site by a single member is better than all of us arguing.

As for Emblem and Krious, neither of them are the creators of this site. Also, even if they were, they do not have a say in this matter. The site consists of more than bits of code or intellectual property. We are the site. Each one of us who puts time into post after post is a member of the group which is TTRPG. These are the people who make decisions. It isn't up to mods, Global Mods, Emblem, Krious, or even me.

You are the site.

Rebooting the site was an idea that you as a site considered, but you have decided to wait until later to see if that idea will come in useful later. A reboot is not necessary. Having been here for a long time, I can tell you that the site has done nothing but grow recently. The site is not dying, and people are not packing their bags to leave us.

However, a reboot would not destroy us either. Moving the timeline closer to that of the Teen Titans show would give us a better connection to the heroes that we all love.

Now then, there are 2 things we want as a site:

1. We want to feel a fresh, solid connection to the Teen Titans TV show. This will appeal to new members, and invigorate veterans.

2. We want to remember our past endeavors and sacrifices. This will honor the nostalgia of the veterans, as well as make new members feel like they are a part of something bigger than just themselves.

Now then, with a reboot being kept in mind for possible future use, it is up for you, the site, to find new ways to do both of these things. I've given a few ideas, like the Hero of the Month Contest. Now it is your turn. You, TTRPG, must do this. Impress me.

-Dar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site Reboot!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next