Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 92 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 92 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Maze (Reboot) Vote_lcapMaze (Reboot) Voting_barMaze (Reboot) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Maze (Reboot)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Good

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Oliver Antonin Darrow

Maze (Reboot) Willy20wonka1

(In his own mind)

Maze (Reboot) Sweeney-Todd-sweeney-todd-28210255-2500-1663

(In reality)

===IDENTITY===
Full Name: Oliver Antonin Darrow
Codename: Maze
Nickname(s): Mr. Maze
Alias(es): Maze
Birth date: 3/11/1981
Classification: Insane Human
Affiliation: Good in his mind Evil in other minds.

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: Black and White
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 155 lbs
Other: Most see him as taller, closer to 6'2'' and skinnier, probably at around 140 lbs with clean black hair. Ultimately, he looks to others how he wants to look, which is very clean fit and well off.

===POWERS===

Powers:

• Mental Projection-Mental projections are images thought up by the projector, or illusionist. Mainly used for defensive purposes, these illusions can be absolutely anything from something slight like changing a person's appearance to making them believe they are facing a dragon. The catch of this ability, however, is that nothing that is projected is actually real. In Maze's case, he always projects an image of himself that he wishes he looked like to other people, with brown hair and healthy complexion. He also can project himself for very far away. He may project his image anywhere in the world, seeming to be in many places at once, which makes him very difficult to find. He usually has cameras in each area so that he may be able to see what he is projecting. He must be able to see the area where he is projecting the area, which is why he usually uses the cameras in the areas he owns. 

• Advanced Intelligence-Intelligence above average humans. This can be drawn out through excessive studies, birth or traumatic experiences. In Maze's case, all three apply. You'd expect him to nearly always be one step ahead. He has advanced degrees in many areas from Applied Physics to Ancient Egyptian History. To learn something new, he must avidly study a subject for a minimum of forty eight hours, he will then be considered an expert at whatever that may be.

Weaknesses: Mr. Maze is a troubled man with many aspects of obsessive compulsive disorder. Whenever entering a new room, he must open and close the door three times. He doesn't step on the cracks on streets (although he usually is driven). He cannot make eye contact in person.

He is a split personality although one side of his personality has been locked far away.

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

• Circles
  • Cats
  • Tests
  • Fine Wine
  • The Piano
  • Caviar
  • Fireplaces
  • Victorian Buildings
  • Castles

Dislikes:

• Dogs
  • Messy Things
  • Finger Foods
  • Open-Toed Shoes
  • The Uncivilized

Strengths:

• Good in arguments
  • Elusive

Skills:

• A world class pianist
  • Impressive poker face
  • Very quick learner
  • Violinist
  • Speaks near twenty different languages including; English, French, Spanish, Latin, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Mongolian, Portuguese, Hebrew, German, Ethiopian, Hawaiian, Egyptian, Scottish, Irish, Dutch and Australian Aborigine.

Equipment:

• A vast fortune as a result of owning many businesses, both clean and dark
  • An impressive family mansion in Bedrule
  • Various warehouses, stores and lots around the world, including a large amount in Jump City
  • Has a small number of henchmen but is always looking for superpowered henchmen to do his dirty work.

Habits/Quirks:

• He constantly wears gloves to avoid contact with the outside world
  • Never shows his teeth in his smile
  • Has no friends, only allies

Personality:
Has been mostly been explained throughout the rest of the app...
Obsessive compulsive disorder...

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Family: None Alive
Place of Origin: Bedrule, Scottland
Current City: Jump City (maybe), Steel City (possibly), Bedrule (probably) ...usually he doesn't even know...
History:
Oliver Antonin Darrow was adopted as a baby and raised in wealth with two loving kind parents. He was a charming young kid that was liked by all of his tutors and had many friends. He was a child prodigy with almost everything; math, science, foreign languages and music. After his dog died  when he was around seven, he started telling his parents about voices he'd been hearing. It didn't seem like a big deal, the therapists said that it was probably just an imaginary friend starting to surface. That didn't seem to satisfy the Darrows however. Months later, the voices have escalated to the extent that Oliver would curl up in bed, screaming with his hands over his ears in the night. The mind of Oliver was so advanced that he couldn't handle the strength of it all. One night, Oliver screamed from the voices until he coughed up blood. He ran into the bathroom and turned the faucet on to drown out the voices and clean the blood but nothing was working. Staring into the mirror, he didn't see the face of the handsome young prodigy that he had been for his parents, he saw a boy, emaciated and ugly from the stress he had been under. He hated worrying his parents, he just wished that somehow, he could finally be at peace. He decided to close his eyes and submit to the voices, just let go and pass on. He fell onto the bathroom floor and laid there still...

Somehow, though, after all of the pain coursing through him, he rose back up, different, changed. He made his way into the kitchen, grabbed a knife, and slit the throats of his two parents. He buried the bodies in the manor courtyard and didn't tell a soul. Somehow, the strength of his brain grew and he learned how to project images. For a little more than ten years, he projected images of his parents and on his eighteenth birthday, the projected that his parents died. He chose not to go to college since he felt that he could teach himself anything he wanted to know. At his parent's death, he inherited their fortune.

Since then, Oliver has become an ominous figure traveling around the world constantly and looking for acceptable bodyguards for himself. He also runs the worlds largest illegal arms business and is a rare art collector: stolen or otherwise. He has also set up a sort of vendetta. Since the Vanishing, he has decided that the young heroes and villains of the world can no longer be trusted with defending themselves and working on their own, so, he is going to find the best to work for him and eliminate the rest. He has an opinionated list of the top one hundred meta-humans in the world and rumor is that he is traveling to Jump City to perform the rest of his tests and solidify his list. Apparently, his tests are very dangerous and Overheat (an Australian hero) actually died from trying to complete the test. These tests are not voluntary. Maze and his henchmen usually drug and kidnap the heroes and put them into the testing room, which is usually one of Maze's owned warehouses. As more heroes reveal themselves to the world, they risk drawing in Maze's attention.

Sample RP:
It was late a night in Hong Kong. A notorious business man, could be seen in his maroon suit coat with a large toothless smile, peering through a large window that was overlooking a simulated terrain. Iago Notori, an Ecuadorian teen had just woken up to find himself in Maze's ingenious test. He knew that Iago was powerful, more powerful than many of the natives here, but he wasn't sure just how powerful his pyromancy was.

Iago rose from his spot atop a rocky mesa. Peering around, it seemed like he almost thought that he was home, but, there was a strange tower along a black wall where, his captor obviously was. Anger seemed to surge through him immediately and, along with it, flames engulfed his body. If it was about a month ago, Maze would have been surprised by the strength of the fire but, he had done his studies. Capturing him couldn't have been any easier either. Maze simply made one of his henchmen look like his sister Lydia, whom he hadn't seen in about six years. The henchman did his job and he was brought to this commune immediately for testing, which Maze was confident he would do well. He was ranked 16th afterall.

Iago jumped up and ran towards the tower at impressive speeds, using the fire to strengthen his jumps, but before reaching the tower, Iago was met by a few of Maze's predators. These robotic creatures were the latest of technology and were extra resistant to heat.

Iago let out his full power on them anyways and the predators were destroyed quickly. Maze's smile grew larger. He spoke quietly into his microphone that laid lazily on his collar. "Lower temperature to 50 degrees Fahrenheit."

The simulated sky grew slightly darker and Iago's flames went out. Suddenly, three more predator's appeared at Iago's side. Iago used the flames he could summon to scorched the predators but all three robots stood strong. The largest lunged forward and tackled the boy to the ground. Maze's smile faded slightly but he watched intensely to see what would happen next. Iago rolled away and down the mesa to avoid being buffeted by the predators.

After a growing smile, Maze spoke nonchalantly, back into his microphone, "Snowing conditions, ten degrees Fahrenheit." Immediately, the sky grew black and snow fell. Iago seemed amazed amazed at how quickly he started to feel weaker.

Suddenly the predators had found his spot at the base of the mesa and started to bite and claw at him. It seemed like Iago tried to summon his powers again but they just wouldn't come. Maze's smile turned into a frown. He couldn't see what was becoming of Iago, but, soon, the predators seemed to be finished with their work and was recalled back into their charging ports. The room started to flash with red lights and a high pitched whine started to ring through the facility. Soon, a large man in all black entered the room and, with a nervous voice, he yelled, "Sir! The authorities have found us! What are your orders!?"

With a frown, Maze turned back to the man. "Iago has failed..."

"What does it matter if we are captured!?"

After a moment of silence, Maze lifted his head and looked towards his henchman, making a point to not peer into his eyes. "This has been a wasted investment and failed test. I hope your next test will be successful..."

"But sir! The authorities are outside our door! We need to take action!" he paused as he seemed to have just realized what his boss had said. "Sir, what did you mean by my next test?" He reached out his hand to touch his boss's shoulder and his suspicions were confirmed. Mr. Maze had never been there...

The door to the dark room broke down and the henchman was surrounded by ten swat team members. "Drop your weapons!" yelled the team leader.

The henchman drew two swords that had been sheathed at his sides and looked around him. "I will not fail you sir..." he whispered to himself. He had been a good henchman...he would be one of the few investments that Maze would miss...

Last edited by Thr33 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:39 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Done! Not too sure how well this guy will work...but...there ya go! Let me know how many adjustments I'll have to make Smile
Back to top Go down

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:41 pm

I claim this profile in the name of Darthlegolas. Expect a response soon.

Edit.

Interesting character. I only have one problem with him: the teleportation. Being able to make illusions anywhere he can see is already an epic-level power. If he can make dozens of illusions of himself from miles away, then the odds of someone finding his real body are very unlikely. This is just fine. However, if someone is able to actually find him, he can then teleport to China. That is too overpowered for the site.

Also, Maze's powers come from his intelligence. His illusion powers are therefore more explainable than teleportation. Also, teleportation isn't mentioned at all in his story. In my opinion, it just doesn't add to this character.

So then, lose the teleportation, and Maze will be accepted.
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:42 am

Edited! Teleportation was a power added at the last minute anyhow. It was just something that seemed to make sense at the time Smile
Back to top Go down

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:09 am

Maze (Reboot) Kamina24
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Alright, can this be moved to NPC...I had planned on using him A LOT when I first made him but it seems like my muse for him has...died out I guess and I don't really want him using up a perfectly nice space that could be taken up by another playable character.

Many apologies for jumping into a character that I wasn't totally prepared for or was completely thought out...

Anyways, anyone would be completely free to use him as a villain as long as he isn't completely off of what I imagined him to be...

...ugh...and to think I used up a perfectly awesome name on him...

Well, ya, Dar, could you move him to NPC? Or JaK? Or whoever really...I'd really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:33 pm

REACTIVATING!!!! Very Happy SQUEEEEAL! Metalhead
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Claimed by the devil in the pale moonlight.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:51 pm

With illusions as his only real power, I think this is alright. But he can't project his illusions anywhere on the face of the earth; that's way too powerful. I'd say you can have a city-wide range for your illusions, and they also must be limited in size. So no 100 ft dragons. Make the largest projection you can manage like...a horse.

Also, I need some defined limits on how smart Maze is. Does he just have really high learning potential, or is he smart for a vast majority of things, like engineering and architecture?
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:08 am

Well, it says in the app that he has to see where he is projecting the images, that's his weakness. That means that he can project an image of himself (or whatever he wants really) in one of his warehouses if a hero enters it, because Maze has cameras that span all of his properties. He couldn't just decide to project an image of himself in the White House however, because, he doesn't have constant surveillance of the White House. So that's how his range is limited...

As for a possible image of a dragon, I think that as long as he could fit an entire dragon in his camera's view, it could open up more rping opportunities, because usually he doesn't have that opportunity and in only special occasions that would be helpful. Also, these projections don't do any damage at all because they are only present in the mind, so, really illusions aren't 'powerful' at all since they don't do any harm whatsoever. They are basically big distractions most of the time.

He wouldn't regularly do anything too big and loud to draw extra attention anywho. So I guess on that point I'm saying maybe reconsider, maybe, please, maybe, please??? Surprise
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 2:24 am

I actually don't see that anywhere in the application. I've looked for that information about three times, and the only time you even mention cameras in your powers is when you say he likes to see what his projections are doing with them. So please edit that into your powers/weaknesses.

I find this limit on your illusion size to be acceptable.

I see you've edited your intelligence to my standards. Don't abuse this massive learning curve of his.

Finally, in your equipment you list warehouses in Steel City belonging to Maze. This isn't a critique as much as a nitpick, but Steel doesn't exist anymore, so it needs to be removed.
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 8:06 am

Edited!

Sorry, I thought for sure I mentioned that somewhere in my app...it's in there now though Smile
Don't worry, I won't abuse the learning curve. He's ones smart cookie, probably near the smartest in the world, but there's still a very small chance of him being outsmarted.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:59 pm

It looks like that's everything, so I think Maze is ready for approval. I also trust you won't abuse any of the privileges being that smart can give you.

Maze (Reboot) Lagi_a10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maze (Reboot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maze (Reboot)   Maze (Reboot) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maze (Reboot)
Page 1 of 1