Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 99 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 99 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Vote_lcapSite Reboot! - Page 2 Voting_barSite Reboot! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Moon
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Vote_lcapSite Reboot! - Page 2 Voting_barSite Reboot! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Site Reboot!

Go down 
+16
Substikyute
Prophet_Misfit
Mekasoundwave
Bow
The Muse
Blizzard
Emmz
Draco
Ixen
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Victoria Wesley
The Departed
Josh
foalfire
Thr33
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should we reboot the site!?!?!?!?
Yes
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Vote_lcap53%Site Reboot! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 53% [ 17 ]
No
Site Reboot! - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%Site Reboot! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage

Site Reboot! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:46 pm

I hunk you guys are misunderstanding...you choose what to get rid of and people dropping their charries will happen either way. So again the reboot is not doing away with everything, but just resetting things. Many important events still happened.

Not only that, it wasn't just randomly thrown up. I had been contemplating this for a while. No one's hardwork goes to waste unless they want it to. It's just if you want to redo your character then they'll be redone. Basically we're giving people an option here to keep their characters in the game instead of forcing them to grow older and thus have less use On this site and eventually have to be redone/revamped.

I mean honestly Noah your character shouldn't even be a Titan right now due to age. A reboot would allow you to keep your past history for him and stuff, but change his age so he can stay on the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Although I respect your opinion, JaK, it appears that we are making the concept of revamping our character's ages back far more complicated than it could be. If the majority really wants to implement this specific aspect, why don't we just set our characters' ages back? To create a new universe or parallel reality is superflous solely for the purpose of keeping our timeline realistic, even more so due to the fact that the Teen Titans Universe, including our own roleplaying site, isn't very realistic at all. :/

As for Honest's odd position in not being a Teen Titan, you're totally right. I briefly mentioned that in my post, but I'd like to make official my decision to retire Liev from the Titans; he is old and I could reset his age, but the main reason for retiring Liev is because I want to shift Black Valkyrie's activity to be my main priority. Honest takes a lot out of my time, time which I desire to help bring the Night Hawks back into action, which I am determined to do, no matter the outcome of the positions given. Backlash will remain as my secondary character.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Consider this post a "thumbs up" for Honest's first post in this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:40 am

I understand the fear, change is fearful, change can bring hesitation. However, change is inevitable...Changing age of characters is not the only things required, some people just are getting tired of their charries and want to redo them, such as thr33. Obviously, the past cannot be changed, but allowing them a fresh start is a good way to start.

Do not frown at change for the simple reason of clinging onto the past. I've read the arguments about how hard work goes to waste and some saying who cares if old members read the threads or not. Well here's a counter; if it doesn't matter if the threads are read or not, what does it matter if the thread is deleted or moved to archive? You remember, I remember, and therefore the work was not wasted...Now was it? It will be saved, but not all events will be relevant anymore. However, how does taking away it's relevancy for a few people's characters makes this proposition ridiculous?? Again, I caution, put the past behind you and be mindful of others instead of selfishly clinging to the old ways of doing things.

I say selfishly because of this example: The tournament of heroes; it's been asked for a dozen times, yet...We already did it, a reboot allows others to exp. this who are newer. Another example, canons, currently all canons are adults...Rebooting it might allow some people to catch Dick Grayson, Beast Boy, etc...Right after they retired and allow them to become bigger parts of the site. Also, some threads were done rather...lackluster, we can redo these threads the right way this time. The NH will still be there, but maybe a few members never joined, maybe some newer ones have. How is this a bad thing? It's change, stop viewing it as bad, but an opportunity.

No matter what, more options become available with a reboot then without. Currently you guys are clinging like children to your mother because you're afraid of starting at a new school. I say let go, and exp. something new, or at least give a bit more valid cons...Because currently, I can list an entire list of pros starting with just the few examples above. However, most cons are just worrisome personal doubts about the relevancy of past threads.
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:01 am

Honestly I'm neither for or against this however I do plan to change my characters Tim has outlived my ideas for him and wolf well the ideas never came with him. Tiberius is much more static than I foresaw as well so revamping him is something I'm seriously considering. The reboot could make that easier but I can always find a way.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:14 am

Either way, this should end up as a vote. It's up to all site members, not a select few.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:53 am

Agreed.

However, I know it's hard, but try my fellow roleplayers not to vote with only how it will affect you in mind, if we do or don't reboot. If it's brought to the site, this means you have to take the site into consideration. So if a yes vote is voted, try to do so with how it'll help everyone to reboot and if you vote no, same thing. As I said, we cannot be selfish here. I only put forward a yes, because I see more pros than cons especially when inferring to Crypt Master, but if I see more cons then just peoples hard work will go to waste (which it wont) then I myself might even vote no.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Senshuken
Code Name: The Honerable One

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:06 am

I don't believe a reboot is needed at the moment. While I agree that some of the older threads should be put into archives in order to clean the site up a bit, Certain story lines from days gone by can be saved by doing what Wiki does. An abridged entry on what took place and how it affected the world.

Besides, if you really want your character to stay young you should come up with a story line to make it happen. This is the DC universe after all. You have time rewinding options and it would help make for a creative story line at the same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:27 am

While there are many good reasons for a site reboot, the reasons against it are not simply that people are scared of change. These same people are certainly not selfish. Lots of hard work has been put into this site and everyone has a right to protect what they've put a lot of hard work into. Therefore, I would like to offer a third option which will hopefully please everybody.

Time Anomaly. Basically, we make our characters know that we are going through a reboot. They will still remember everything from before. Some will remember it like it was yesterday, and some will think of it as a distant dream.

Everything that has happened on this site has still happened. Every fight, sacrifice, friendship, romance, and rivalry has happened. Nobody's work has been in vain, as it has affected numerous characters and their relationships.

The only difference is that all of our characters have been caught in a Time Anomaly, which has sent them back in time to be the 2nd generation of Titans. The time travel affects them in such a way that they are all made younger, but they still have all their memories of what has happened in their past, or the world's alternate future. The standard could be set to make everyone 5 years younger, but you would have the freedom to change your age by a different amount with the excuse that "you got stuck in a time bubble." If you have a character who you used to control who you don't want anymore, then they are simply lost in time, but their efforts still matter to those who continue on.

I got the idea for this from the final episode of Mighty Max, of all places. Since it's and old show, I'll explain. Skull Master (the bad guy) is about to actually take over the world and gain control of time itself. Max (the hero) is out of options but he uses the fullest extent of his power to disrupt time itself, and set the clock back about 2 years. He and everyone else grow two years younger, but they remember everything that happened in their future. Of course, this means that the story will be different this time around.

I would like to offer this idea as a third option in any vote. I would like to ask that the discussion be extended to account for this new idea.

And just as a side note, we could always do a time jump into the future. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:37 am

Dar's idea sounds great in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character
Name: Nina Vulpes/Hazel Fairweather
Code Name: Kitsune/Thyme

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:48 am

Yeah I think Dar's idea could work for both sides.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman

RPG character
Name: Senshuken
Code Name: The Honerable One

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:05 pm

Dar's idea for the win. See, told you time travel was the answer.
Back to top Go down
Blizzard
Blizzard

RPG character
Name: Eira
Code Name: Blizzard
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:19 pm

I really like Dar's idea, as it gives the perfect middle ground for those who want a site reboot and those who don't in my opinion. Now, I know I'm new to the site so my vote doesn't really count, but I think it would work (at least, if my charrie only went back a year or so...otherwise she'd be like, ten Very Happy ) But yeah, there's my two bit piece.
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Name: Vira
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:38 pm

*cough*totallycouldusethedoctor*cough* lol. JK....well, partially.
Back to top Go down
Bow
Bloo's 7 Secret Agent
Bow

RPG character
Name: Rain Lynn Bow
Code Name: Rainbow
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:19 pm

It sounds wonderful and all, Dar, and I know I'm still a newb here too, but... What aboust us newbs? The people who's characters just got here and haven't done much of anything? Maybe it's a stupid question and the answer is completely obvious and I'm just an idiot, because that happens fairly often but... I'm a bit confused... O.o Sorry...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site Reboot!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next