Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 62 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 62 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Site Reboot! Vote_lcapSite Reboot! Voting_barSite Reboot! Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Site Reboot!

Go down 
+16
Substikyute
Prophet_Misfit
Mekasoundwave
Bow
The Muse
Blizzard
Emmz
Draco
Ixen
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Victoria Wesley
The Departed
Josh
foalfire
Thr33
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should we reboot the site!?!?!?!?
Yes
Site Reboot! Vote_lcap53%Site Reboot! Vote_rcap
 53% [ 17 ]
No
Site Reboot! Vote_lcap47%Site Reboot! Vote_rcap
 47% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Good

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:02 pm

Most everyone probably has heard something about this but, I don't think it's really been discussed with everyone so, I figured this seems important enough to make a thread!

It was suggested in the Cbox by a few veteran members that we 'reboot' the site. We basically destroy this universe and start fresh and new! We'll then transfer to a new universe so that we have the choice to start over with new characters, revamp old characters or keep exactly the same characters! If you are in the middle of a plot, you can transfer over that same plot as long as all of the characters involved are still in existence.

We can also take this chance to create new teams, scrap some old teams and maybe revamp the Titans set-up!

That's how I understand it at this point...anyhow...

Now comes some questions that needs answering...What would everyone want to do with their characters? Which teams would be dropped/created? What are we going to do with the Titans?

And the most important question...Does everyone want to do this?

Last edited by Thr33 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
foalfire
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
foalfire

Location : In front of the computer being brainwashed like the rest of you.

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:08 pm

I honestly don't want to do this. I mean, sure, if you want we could delete some of the old threads or whatever but reboot everything?
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoodleStudios?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Well I think it's similar to switching multiverses. Some things can still be the same. What were you worried about losing?
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character
Name: Conner Kent
Code Name: Superboy

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:13 pm

I think it'd be awkward. Maybe instead of rebooting you can make an alternate universe where people can go, sort of like Earth 2 or something like that but a ful reboot would be a lot of work
Back to top Go down
foalfire
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
foalfire

Location : In front of the computer being brainwashed like the rest of you.

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm afraid that not every one will get it and that we'll lose a ton of people. Plus would everything be basically the same? If so it would be very awkward for me to try to get all three of my charries reintroduced to groups and such.
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoodleStudios?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:17 pm

I personally am for it - get the site looking a bit newer, maybe re-establish the two Titans teams (though if I remember correctly this is in debate) and really give a chance for some of the other teams to get up and running (including the baddies - I still firmly miss the HIVE teams)...honestly as long as you wrap up departing characters nothing really changes, because all the existing characters will still be rp'ing and it isn't a big deal.

I don't know if that makes any sense, I really need to sleep.
Back to top Go down

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:42 pm

Ok, what people aren't getting here is this is a necessity. It's not a question of if it's a good idea.

All the old characters are stalagnating because were honestly running out of ideas and new people haven't been on here to catch our past stuff. So having them jump into our historic rivalries with Hollowman or LAW isn't gonna work, they'll be confused and they outnumber us currently.

It's the same affect of the Slivers and our new teams. Did any of us bother to learn Emblems character's history...or Krious for that matter. And how did their characters develop because of this...They didn't. They had to remake them and take a backseat role for them to function with us.

We must do the same, but since it's not just few people we must do it on larger scale. The community will be more whole this way, because instead of our old characters moving aside into a mentor role, a reboot is a more sensible option.. Not to mention, the issue of this is TEEN Titans and our characters are reaching adulthood. No matter what, we will hit a glass ceiling here, so it's not a question of if we have to reboot, but when, and HOW!
Back to top Go down
Thr33
Magic Man
Magic Man
Thr33

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 pm

True dat JaK!

When: as soon as we get the specifics down here.

How: We'll figure that out here.

So, I think we should all say what our intentions are with our characters so that we could see what to do with the groups. Also, we can give our suggestions on what to do with the Titans teams...which...I have no clue about...

For my characters...
Maze-keep him the same
Thr33-keep him the same
Scope-drop and I'll come up with a new Titan

So...since Thr33 will be the same, the Shadow Hand can still be in existence as long as Dar is wanting to keep Jemmy the way she is. Also, we need to probably see who else would keep Shadow Hand characters and who still has an SH charrie.

For the Titans teams...Let's try to get a head count here. There's one with my new charrie and two with JaK (assuming he's still a Titan from what I've heard). Who else is keeping their Titans the same?
Back to top Go down

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:03 am

A part of me doesn't want to do this reboot. It would essentially get rid of all the history with Model Eleven and Dar. I've realized, however, that most people on the site today have no idea who those two characters were. Therefore, it seems like I wouldn't be losing anything more than I already have. Besides, even in a reboot, those characters could have existed in the past even if I don't role-play with them.

Basically what is being suggested is that instead of being the 4th generation of Titans, we become the 2nd generation. People already in a team can stay in the team without having to re-introduce themselves. Standing relationships between characters can also stay the same.

I suggest that the story for the site would be altered to match the following:

Shortly after Season 5 of Teen Titans, the Justice League was destroyed in a war against alien invaders. The original Teen Titans took up the mantles of their mentors and became the new Justice League. However, the streets of Jump City were still filled with villains, and so a new generation of Titans rose up. We are those Titans.

I would keep both Jemmy and Privateer the same. L.A.W. will still exist, as will Shadow Hand and DREAD.
Back to top Go down

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 am

Exactly, I love that idea. Also, it doesn't hinder anything weve done previously with the site....EXCEPT, stuff with Emblem and the Slivers.

However, that's easily fixed, we just only acknowledge them as Titans for a little while, and their terms were very brief before moving on to becoming Slivers due to Emblem turning Evil considerably fast. Maybe within the first half year of their service, probably during the original 5's transition from Teen to adult hero.

Or we can just act like they're history didn't exist at all and we really are the 2nd gen. Kind of like what they did with Cyborg and JLA. Notice Hawkman is no longer one of the original members...
Back to top Go down
The Departed
Fates Final Embrace
Fates Final Embrace
The Departed

RPG character
Name: Necati - Azural
Code Name: The Fallen- The Life Binder
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:51 pm

Can I call dibs on destroying everything =D

On a side note I am not a huge fan of this idea for no more than I hate seeing peoples work go to waste.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character
Name: Victoria Wesley
Code Name: Mira
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:03 pm

It, sadly, does not affect me much. My character's story is just starting to get into full swing, and with L.A.W.'s continued existence, she will be in the same place as always.

I just got here! No complaints about starting you guys over!
Back to top Go down

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Please, excuse the emotions that I will most likely display as I offer my opinion. I’m trying to keep this professional and strictly objective, but I am afraid I won’t be able to meet and uphold that criteria for very long. Also, I ask for your patience in regards to the length of my post. Every word, sentence, statement, and paragraph outline exactly what my thoughts are, and in all aspects, are vital to understand my solid position.

I am fully, seriously, passionately against this proposition. I see no "necessity" in doing this, especially because this hasn't been made official! It is not a question of when and how; no one has made this official, and although I respect the veteran members' opinions, there ideas are not law, especially when created on such a casual scale as the chat box. And please, do not include me in the vague category of "we" running out of ideas. A great example is the inception of the Alien Invasion plot, where so many creative ideas were presented and somehow all included! There is no need to brief new members on the Hollowman plot, and only those who are and want to be directly involved with L.A.W. To attempt to revive these plots and include everyone is detrimental and irrelevant to the present plots of TTRPG; they're simply no longer pertinent, especially Hollowman. Hell, even I'm not versed on the Hollowman plot, and I've gotten along just fine and dandy. Also, I do not I see this moving the site along; although I agree with the fact that many members don't know about past characters and other such dated issues, but the fact that they exist truly does nothing to lag our progress.

Now, JaK brought up an interesting point with many individuals not knowing who that character, of (or even the member) Emblem doesn't exist, but that fact affects nothing in our current status, so why should we even bother to contemplate that? Same with the characters and members of Simca, Krious, and even Shadow (although I truly hate to admit it). As for creating new teams and scrapping old teams, that's exactly what so many people (including myself) have been working on, and with that demolition, all effort is rendered futile. With the Night Hawks, I really started to see things picking up amongst them, including new threads, a new leader, and even a start on moving The Nest to Steel City. Along with the concept of "easy-cleaning" that a new reboot would propose, that also renders the hard work that numerous individuals, including the majority of all leadership of TTRPG itself, past and present, completely futile, hopeless, and ineffective. That hurts, hard. Plus, what good would throwing old roleplays under the bus do? SO many cherished memories are kept there, and so many character-changing plots, ideas, and relationships have been seeded amongst this site's roots. If I were Emblem, or any of the Slivers for that matter, I would be highly offended if their legacy was extinguished. Even though the members themselves are gone, it would be blasphemous to drop their own precious characters and roleplays. I see this proposition as one influenced by hard feelings associated with Shadow, Emblem, and Krious's sudden leave, but you've got to understand that their withdrawing from TTRPG had so much reason behind it, especially because their reasons were mainly based upon the fact that they had reached an age where continuing this site is no longer enjoyable or may seem silly, and I know for a fact that another key to their dismissal is much more personal, even so great that they were driven to leave by specific individuals, specific conflict, and specific stress. I know this after personally contacting Krious and practically demanding their reasons, to which I received the most honest, frank, and emotionally upsetting response. For those reasons, I will not participate in destroying anything associated with the Slivers' and these sites founders at all. It's wrong, it's unethical, and it's a stark display of ingratitude to those who created this site, which we would not have if it were not for them. And with the original five Teen Titans? They influenced are own Titans greatly, not to mention their presence has been noted and acknowledged in a great deal of roleplays. Also, if we were to just assume they're history, we would logically have to wipe out the rest of the canon characters involved. There's a reason why the site banner has the original five Teen Titans and our own. If it weren't for the founding five, there would be no "New Generation Teen Titans." As for our own veteran Titans aging? It makes a lot more sense (and less effort) to just set their ages back rather than creating a Universe where they're younger. I've been planning to boot Liev from the Titans anyway, and as the (currently) oldest member, his "old age" (22) role won't matter.

As an at least semi-veteran member (having been on this site for roughly a year and a half when factoring my five-month leave), the characters I have, their personalities, and their very core are credited to each and every roleplay that I have participated in, and I do mean each and every roleplay, from the most casual of circumstances such as Backlash’s first meeting with Grace Koori in a small diner as well as the low-key confrontation between her, Krious, and Simca to the highly influential ones such as Honest and JaK’s private mission to take down the terrorist Marlo Suda during which Honest literally killed a man, the Trial of Model Eleven where Fake, Honest, Model Eleven, Captain Cab, and Silent Night duked it out on one another, Fake’s love-tainted brawl with RobynStarling’s character, “Fear.” And, above all roleplays, every one involving L.A.W. are the most important to me. Many do not know this, but L.A.W. started with Silent Night’s (the character and member) history and virtually started a snowball effect when I requested permission to have Honest’s history also greatly influenced by the organisation from the very first roleplay I participated in with him and Jay Avris. Additionally, the reason why Honest literally has no face is due to the fact that L.A.W. had been bribed to torch it. I simply cannot ignore those key roleplays and expect to retain all of my characters’––past and present––current personalities. As cliché as the saying is, these all made my characters who they are today.

To me, this subject is being taken WAY to lightly, and perhaps the gravity of this situation is eluding the consciences of numerous individuals. It’s not as simple as it’s being presented as. As foalfire noted, we could lose members over this which I will most certainly not be surprised about. It definitely would take a massive amount of effort, which even if I were fond of the idea, the school-year has started. If a fresh new look is desired, I will personally code a new layout, including making new banners if also desired. Time and activity will most likely dwindle, and so will the opportunity to pull this off. PLEASE, do not implement this plan. It hinders more than it helps.
Back to top Go down

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Honest's post does have a variety of good points. However, I do think (and this is just my rookie opinion here) that the site could do with a facelift (if not a reboot, but I've said my piece). And the site DEFINITELY needs somewhere to store old threads.

If you wanted to change things, there are probably ways to incorporate them here, but rebooting the site also, as far as I understand, does not mean destroying what has already happened.

For the record, whatever happens, Jinx is staying the same, and so is Static.
Back to top Go down
Hellbreaker
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hellbreaker

RPG character
Name: Toji Okami
Code Name: Lightning Wolf

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:18 pm

I don't really like getting into edgy topics because well, three little birds is practically my theme song, but I feel I have to say something. I think this is sorta bad idea.Revsmping the sites image, yah, but redoing everything?Im wary of that.As you know, I work primarily from iPhones and iPod's, so it's hard to make new profiles. Not only that, but my email has been deleted or something, so I can't join new sites. Basically, I'm stuck.Im worried that if we do reboot, I'll have to rejoin, and i won't be able to do that.Also, I put a lot of work into Toji, and it would hurt to start him over. On a side note, it's nice to hear from you again, honest, I'm glad you're doing better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Site Reboot! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Reboot!   Site Reboot! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site Reboot!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next