Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 113 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 113 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Vote_lcapJust Be Yourself (Ravian) Voting_barJust Be Yourself (Ravian) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Vote_lcapJust Be Yourself (Ravian) Voting_barJust Be Yourself (Ravian) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Just Be Yourself (Ravian)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Empty
PostSubject: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:35 pm

Pix felt sick. Across the road lay a bright green lawn being trampled by the feet of hundreds. At the opposite end of the field was a makeshift stage erected across the southern side of the State's executive offices. Upon that stage was a small plinth around which lackies scurried to make preparations for the day's proceedings.

Distantly, Hugh wondered what business he even had being here, dressed in offensively formal attire. And then he remembered, Oh yeah....

Flashback...

“NIX! GET IN HERE NOW!”

Retreating back into his room, Hugh began a bout of neurotic pacing while he waited for his droid to shift her butt and join him. After she arrived he had told her to take a seat. This sort of plotting required an audience. It was evident from his expression, currently not even pixelised, that Hugh was vexed about something. The H.I.V.E. student grabbed at a newspaper, partially folded, and passed it to the android.

“Read that. Tell me what's wrong there.” There was a right answer. Even though the page also advertised a number of local services that were likely crooked. In black and white print, there was a story on the escalated insurance estimates for the Jump and Steel City areas, as well as a short note of the result of last week's senatorial elections. Despite his dislike of political agenda, Pix had selected a topical paper.

The news had shocked him mostly because he'd heard it in writing first. Maybe he should start answering those calls from his parents once in a while. Phoning them now this morning had only made the reality more of a pain. The new senator of the state. Darren Exley, Hugh's father.

And he was an insufferable jerk before...
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Name: Vira
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:09 am

“NIX! GET IN HERE NOW!”

Nix groaned, what could it possibly be now? She took off the Face shield and put down the small blow torch she had been using. The singing Lampshade would have to wait one more day. Along with all the other things she was working on, the whole room was littered with inventions. Most of them half finished. Guns' large mechanical arms, legs, torsos, even a few suits. But they were...unstable. Either way, she took her time walking a few doors down to Pix's room, not all to eager for whatever he was going to make her do. As she walked in, she stretched. Pushing her arms back. She, as usual when she wasn't in public and sometimes when she was, was wearing, well, rather, she wasn't wearing anything. She didn't have to worry about modesty, or nudity. But she knew it made Pix feel weird for some reason. So she continued to do what came naturally. She stood, remembering that her last experience with sitting in this room had only earned her a sore bottom.

As she looked over it, she couldn't spot a thing. She used her sonic screwdriver for a second look but that search also came up empty, weird. She looked it over one last time and read the entire front page rather quickly. Before looking back at the troubled Pix, there was obviously something wrong. Glancing from him to the newspaper and back, she shrugged, "Was Professor Mal's obituary supposed to be here? He didn't even have his own body." she said remembering her magic teacher was dead. She also remembered that her attempts at a magic shield were almost done. Now she would need another person to teach her. How troublesome "Can we hurry up? I've got inventions to get back to or something is bound t-" she stopped and flinched as the equivalent of a firecracker came spinning out of her room and went past Pix's door and down the hall way to who knows where. she flipped her hair and avoided eye contact. before donning a smiles and looking at him Err.....you were saying, Sir?" she said hoping whatever this was about , combined with calling him sir, was important enough for him to ignore that mishap and move on with whatever it was he wanted.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:39 am

It went without saying that Pix disapproved of his android's casual attire. Or rather lack thereof. Though she was of metal and gear, Nix insisted on sculpting herself to mimic something alluring. He should start telling her to wear industrial packaging. Hammer home the reminders that she was of robotic status. And could be thrown up in his attic the second he thought she was broken. The threat worked better if he'd had an attic.

Yet today there were bigger gripes. He didn't even wonder for the thousandth time what that metal wand was that she pointed at things. Hadn't seemed important to ask. Always had some other issue to speak to her about. Mal's passing for instance. It always hurt to lose someone you knew. Less so when they didn't have the decency to say gone. The only reason he'd want the obituary now would be to rub it in that ghost's face when he next said 'over my dead body'.

“No. They don't write obituaries for age-old evil warlocks who get assassinated inside secret underwater bases. Guess again.” Irritation was evident in his voice. Nix may have been super-smart, but Hugh wouldn't call her clever exactly. Else she wouldn't be so openly reluctant of his presence. As she made to hurry their conversation along a whistling noise rocketed passed Hugh's open doorway causing him to jump. His neck turned to the corridor before back at his droid.

What on Earth had that...? It couldn't have been as important as what he had to say. With a last glance back at the entrance, he accepted the invitation to continue, “I was saying...” He coughed to clear his throat and mind, “The general public are bloody morons. They actually went and voted my father into a senator seat. Dad is actually a big time politician now. It's.. It's a f***ing nightmare!” He frowned distantly with concern, expecting that Nix would share his horror at the appointment.

“To make matters worse, I made the mistake of phoning him. And my parents now want me to attend his damn senator-elect ceremony." An excuse to see them, "But there's no way I'm going alone! You're coming with me. We'll-” Pix paused to sniff, “Something's burning.”

A moment later the fire-alarms went off and sprinkles in the adjoining rooms activated. Hugh stood under his and fumed, “Nix~ What was that just now?” His foot tapped impatiently.
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Pix's last name was Exley? Well that was nice to know. Up till now he had avoided giving her his name. Apparently Pix was just as good for him. But that could quickly be remedied. She switched on her screwdriver again. Connecting it to Hive's computers and from there to the internet. There it was. The. now current, Senator had a son by the name of Hugh Exley. Hugh? Really? Her, well in his opinion great and powerful owners name was Hugh? How...unflattering. She couldn't help but giggle a little bit. Before returning to a straight face.

Nix didn't fully understand why Pix or "Hugh" was so worried about, he didn't follow the law anyways. What could his father possibly do that could be so horrible? She raised one eyebrow, a bit skeptical of his reaction. He was really freaking out. Like, really freaking out. As if the base was going to self destruct and all the halls would soon be flooded. "Aren't you over reacting just a bit?" she said, knowing it probably wasn't the best thing to say right now. Luckily Pix got distracted. Unluckily this also didn't look good for her.

She smiled sheepishly as she too smelled a burning scent and quickly used her screwdriver to turn off this rooms sprinklers. She then looked at the ground and said "It was just a prototype for a rocket. I hadn't put the explosives in yet." well, none other than the fuel. Liquid hydrogen made such a nice fuel for short range missiles. She then glanced up at him "It could've been worse, the others could've gone off too. Then I'd be back to square one." she ended, adopting a more stubborn tone. It wouldn't have happened if Pix hadn't called her in for this waste of time.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:32 am

No, no, no. This was not the time to be giving hassle. After Nix shut the sprinklers off, Hugh grabbed at his bath towel off the radiator and dried his hair thoroughly. Her explanations were everything he suspected – linking the mess completely to her buffoonary. The towel was pressed against his face as if he were screaming into a pillow, “Explosives...” Came the muffled response.

Removing the towel, he chucked it at his android, a simultaneous gesture of sharing and fury. His voice began with an incredulous tone, “Your my android, and I don't even know that you've turned your own room into a weapons platform! Well you're not doing it again this time. I want complete obedience from you for a change. Because if you mess up Nix, your makeshift lab is the first thing I'll make disappear! I mean it!” So serious was he that only by fierce finger pointing could the message be jabbed home. It was correct that Hugh was freaking out, but when scared he was at his most intimidating. Attributed to a loss of civility in his actions.

“So listen. You're to back me up on this. I'm introducing you to my parents under the guise of my girlfriend. Make them at least not ask me those questions.” Pix hated to feel inadequate when before his father, and dad had a way of asking those questions which targeted the frailties of his life. At least this time it wouldn't be aimed towards his manhood. Thank the barmey-arsed creator who decided to make Nix visually appealing. It was about time that design choice had a function.
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Yeah, explosives. They were the best this primitive planet had to offer on a quick basis. It was sad really. She just couldn't get her hands on real, high quality stuff. Everything here was so frustrating Honestly, what sort of planet didn't mine enough asteroids to have a constant supply of durralinium for a good set of super suits or at least a decent ship. It was infuriating. How could she do anything if she was limited to a single country? Primitive idiots.

Nix quickly dried herself quickly, using the towel. She wasn't sure whether she should be insulted or grateful. She hadn't thought he would even notice she had gotten wet. Well, at least she got some possible, maybe gratitude before he began chewing her our. She hadn't made her room into a weapons platform, it was more like a lab with a bed. As he demanded "complete obedience" her face near instantly turned into a scowl "Would it hurt you to say please?" she muttered under her breath. He was so rude.

She wouldn't be so defiant if he would just give her an option, maybe some real gratitude. Not threatening her would also help. Not that he would ever understand. But her scowl turned into a concerned frown as he threatened to take her lab away But you can't do that!! I'm almost done with...stuff!!" so what she was working on a bit to much to keep straight, it would all get done eventually, maybe.

Then he finished it off with one. big, over the top demand. "Your...girlfriend? You sure, what about that one girl? The extra dimensional one? I mean, er, why me?" obviously not to thrilled about the idea. Could she really pass as human? She knew she could under everyday circumstances, but when being carefully examined? she wasn't so sure. "I'm obviously not the vest choice you know, there are several other girls here or in town. Im sure someone wants to go out with a senators son, there had to be a way out, there just had to. She couldn't act as though she actually liked. More than like, like like him? No simply no way it was possible. She'd end up bickering all night and then he'd take away her lab!! What could she do though? It wasn't as if Pix would actually get some girl to like him. She'd just have to tough this out. It was only one night after all, she could vomit afterwards.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:58 pm

As far as plans went, this was indeed one of Hugh's more hair-brained. Giving him preparation time was paramount to awarding success. Pix just excelled at constructing effective strategies that reduced the need for brute force. Yet in this case there had been no forethought. The teen had just pushed the issue of family right out his mind. Thus ignoring the inevitable reunion he would have with those dysfunctional parents of his. It was a dread to consider. Hugh could hardly be blamed if his solutions were a little half-baked, as they were established in the midst of a panic.

So while it may have been an overall better plan to pick a date who wasn't mechanical... screw Nix, it came from her common sense, not Hugh's. He wouldn't begrudge her the satisfaction of being right. Plus – drawing attention to his relationship status only irked Pix. That was the very reason he was doing this. To not have to defend his manhood. Excuses were quickly formulated to deflect the android's suggestions.

“Why you? Because I said so.” Nix's persistence hinted at reluctance rather than problem solving. It wasn't entirely clear whether she was evaluating his options with sarcasm, “Of course there are girls I can ask. But I certainly wouldn't take them to see my parents as a first date. You're obviously naïve to the concept of parents, so you won't understand my reasoning. Don't try. Just trust me.”

Without a childhood, Nix couldn't relate to the crisis here. At all. Parents were a hindrance on development. They forced upon you idles and expectations. Filled those vital years of youth with knowledge you'd rather not know. Never once stopping to ask what you wanted out of life. Shaping you instead to their view of the world. As advocates to their legacy.

“Wait. Did you call me a 'Senator's son'?” Pix shivered with revulsion, “Ugh, that just gives me chills.” Such a bloody shame it was true. He'd have to get use to it.
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:39 pm

Because he said so? What sort of reasoning was that? Isn't that what parents said to children to placate them? She wasn't some little kid who would be content with a answer that illogical! Who did Pix think he was? He was her owner, not her slave driver. She simmered silently as he continued. Though she rolled her eyes. He clearly had some sort of social disorder. Maybe she would get some more free time if he had some real friends, not those two insect freaks and what ever other loons he spent his time with.

Maybe they could go to s rave some time so he could pick himself up a real girlfriend. "I see, strangers can't meet them but the robotic girl can? What if you actually get a girl, unlikely as that is, how will you explain me being around still?" she knew he wouldn't change his mind but couldn't help buy point out more flaws in the plan wouldn't help and couldn't hurt. It was mostly to bother him really. But she conceded. "You know I need something to wear? what should it be? a dress, oh and I'm guessing I can't look like this. she said waving her hand down her body.

"Unless your parents don't mind you having a robot for a "girlfriend" she said with extra air-quotyness, was impressing his parents really that important? That he would fake having a girlfriend, who was really his "pet" and probably have to go through the trouble of making a whole back story to their relationship? She supposed she didn't really have a choice, she would just have to find a way to make it fun. Pix probably wouldn't like it though.

Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 am

Unlikely as that is? So this is what the android really thought of his chances. He would just have to make Nix eat her words when this whole fiasco was behind them. That was - if she ever stopped whinging and started to listen. Meeting his parents was always a very sensitive issue. Hugh would prefer if there wasn't the distraction of explosives and attacks against his manhood. Was that really too much to ask? One moment of absolute obedience, “Explain you? You're not a mistress, Nix, you're a machine. I explain you the same way I explain my coffee maker.” He knew by now that she would take that reply well. Daft android thought she was 'entitled' or something. Yet that did not make him hesitate on outlining the point.

At first Pix nodded slowly to her query about what to wear. This soon became an exasperated bobbing with one hand outstretched to try and get her to stop speaking. She was getting too far ahead of the conversation. A pause was applied to help him regain his bearings. It was important that he start by reminding her that she was a big robot now and could be trusted to dress herself.

“Look. I don't know. You sort your clothes out. You're already undressed, so that's half the battle. Just bare in mind there are several things that my parents can't discover.” A list which had been playing around the inside of his head all morning. The basis of his neurosis, “First that I'm actually part of the H.I.V.E. academy. Far as they're concerned I'm studying politics at Murakami. Second that I'm using my powers. Third, and probably most important, is that you're an android.”

He doubted father would tolerate a robot slave, never mind think his son was dating it. Thank goodness the man was engrossed in his own political world instead of inquiring into his son's, “They're not hard secrets to hide. Keep them and they won't find fault with my 'girlfriend'. Got it?”
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:46 pm

Nix glared at Pix, coffee maker? Really? That was just overly rude. He was doing this on purpose now. For the sole purpose of angering her. She had half a mind to reveal she was a robot at this party thing they were going to. Could he really not even contemplate the thought of being nice to her? Wait, was he rushing? Ugh, he was just infuriating. She swore, he must have some sort of complex. Maybe he had some traumatic experience with machines?

"Fine then, don't complain about what I choose to wear though." she said, rolling her eye's at Pix's orders. He had gotten really lucky to find her in that hall way. She briefly wondered if he could actually do anything for himself. He obviously didn't when he had the choice. Politics? Who in their right mind would think Pix could even begin to compromise with anyone. All he did was argue and refuse to see from other view points.

"Well, if you want me to look good I'm probably going to need some money." she said with a sly smile. "Have to look good for your parents you know." she added in, almost laughing. "I'll also need to change my appearance I guess, would your parents mind a red head?" her face filled with spiteful happiness, obviously sarcastic and overly large smile. Trying to see if she could get a reaction out of Pix.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:49 am

It felt good to get those concerns off his chest. Now at least someone else shared the burden. Loyally bound to the task of censoring his parent's knowledge as to his life. There was not one instance Hugh could imagine where his folks would agree with him. Taking a stand against his supervillainy was fair enough, Dad had a career to cling on to. It was forcing him to give up his powers that was unreasonable. He had been gifted with great abilities – more than a match for any Titan. Of course he should use them! Not just use them, abuse them! They shouldn't make him hide his metahuman status.

With a careless reply, Nix voiced her understanding. Pix truly believed he wouldn't care what she wore, as long as she wore something. There was too much programming resembling pride to allow herself to look scruffy. And surely she grasped what would be in store for her if she went for anything too... flamboyant. Though he'd been thinking of an outfit she already owned.

“But... You must have something... You don't need...” Great. Now she wanted to go on a shopping spree. Those always worked out so well. Hugh was mentally-exhausted from fretting all morning. Right now he just wanted her out the room and preparing, “Red head's fine.” He replied in a defeated tone, before chucking his wallet at her, “Money's no object.” Perhaps a poor motto for a supervillain, but Pix was desperate for some results. When everything fell into place, he could relax. Y'know, relax right before his parents sent him into stress overload.
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:01 am

Did she just win? Yeah she expected to win but not to win. She nearly always made the most sens in their arguments and even though she still had to do whatever Pix wanted her to do at the end of them, the small victories gave her closure, but this was different. She had just gotten everything she wanted! He must really be stressed out about this, which made it all the more interesting that he was bringing her along, someone who could potentially ruin everything, just to impress his parents or something.

She caught and stared at his wallet for a moment, still sorta shocked that this had happened. It just seemed so...unrealistic. "O-okay then, erm...thanks?" she said, still a bit unsure about how serious he was. This had to be a prank or something right? Of course then he would have already sprung it on her...so it was real she had won. After looking from him to the wallet and back a few times she began to slowly walk to the door Well, cya later." she said, waiting for his answer.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Hydraulics swiftly swept shut the door, effectively slamming it on her. Pix put down a door remote and shouted his last instruction, “We're leaving tomorrow by 9am! Be ready!” Then his head hit a pillow attempting to snatch some peace. Tomorrow was his homecoming, during an event commemorating the achievements of his father. The man would be especially prickly.

Flashforward

After almost a year of giving his parents the two-step, family responsibility had finally ensnared Hugh. Its re-emergence was unwelcome on a juvenile level. None of the other supervillains had to go visit their parents! They had long since untied the bonds which linked them to civilised society. But Hugh? He was stuck wearing fancy pants. A comb had even been through his hair. On the other hand, his existent family relations were important on a character perspective. Leaders were made of a stable background. Surely that must be true in HIVE as well. The happy family man was always more dependable in the eyes of others. He made effort to maintain good relations.

Considering Pix hated his folks, the effort he made was greater than most. Nix's inclusion was testament to the sheer extent he was willing to go in order to get along. Speaking of the android, she had been given a crash course into the dos and don'ts of Hugh Exley's life. Since their alight, there had been a constant stream of information spouted at her. An impossible number of scenarios were covered, with more in common to a Totalitarian regime than your average household.

“Your name! Damn, how could I have overlooked that? What kind of name is Nix! Niiix... Not even a surname. Just something Beckham would have called his kid.” Hugh scratched his head. Pausing short of the building entrance, his point of no return. Passed that line it was showtime, “Maybe I could say you were Greek. Can you speak Greek?”
Back to top Go down
The Muse
The Doctor
The Doctor
The Muse

RPG character
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:54 am

Nix groaned. "9? I better be able to sleep on the way there!" she yelled as she walked away from his room. She also had been hoping to have more time to try and waste some of Pix's money, but that was a totally different issue. She would just have to hurry and buy something nice and elegant or maybe something just a bit flashy, if only to see Pix's reaction. It might not be worth it, but that was future Nix's problem.
~~
Future Nix had done well. She had a nice bright red dress that had sleeves hung to just past her knee's. She had her hair done in...no particular way actually, her hair sorta just hung there like normal hair for the most part, as normal as robotic hair was anyways. So...pretty normal, in a non-organic sort of way, which wasn't really normal for hair at all, but still, it looked normal and that was the important part, for Pix at least. "The name Nix exists on earth somewhere, it at least exists." she said, rolling her eyes at Pix's anxiety.

"And of course I speak Greek, I speak everything on earth." she added on with more than a little bit of annoyance in her voice. Shouldn't he know that? Well, he hadn't ever asked her, but that was his fault for being an idiot. When one had ownership of one of the most advanced things on his planet, he should probably talk to it, about it. "Just tell them my parents are...eccentric... millionaire people. Don't they always name kids weird things?"

Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:56 am

If the dress had cost too much, or was too garish, Hugh's distractions prevented him from commenting. Give him Titans any day of the week. Hell even Nighthawks, at least those heroes showed up. Thankfully Nix did speak the language, but Pix had to doubt her other claim. As far as he knew she had never been to 'everywhere on Earth'. Though if she had the annoying aspect of C3P0 down, it was possible she also had the useful ones.

“Oh crap. No don't ever say your parents are rich. Next thing you know mum will be telling me to propose.” In retrospect, maybe bringing Nix was going to be more hassle than it was worth. Though the more Hugh imagined the prospect of his father catching him alone, the less inclined he was to agree with the previous statement. While it took a lot of conditioning to make the android presentable, her presence as a lifeline would doubtless prove invaluable, “Be average. But be upper class. But be charming. Master those three opposites and they won't find fault with you.” A grim smile failed to convey whether Hugh had attempted a joke or not.

At the door he presented name and identification. If security was impressed they didn't show it, merely clearing him and his guest. They were released into a throng of political-pushers, event organisers, media representatives, and their families or dates. Chatter was light but persistent. The ceremony was to follow in a short while. Internally Hugh toyed with the idea of blurting out 'Well! They're not here! We tried!' and relying on mutual acquaintances to relay this attendance to his parents after he'd safely left. But finally he agreed to get it over quickly. Like ripping off a band-aid; sometimes the wound still bled.

So it came to pass that he saw his father across the room, killing time with idle talk. Pix turned to Nix and made some quick gestures which HIVE had taught them, on how to approach an enemy. As they drew closer Darren Exley turned and saw him. The older Exley spoke first, “You bastard!” The bold exclamation froze Hugh in his tracks, and attracted the interested glances of a number of other people. Thank goodness his dad followed up, “Bishop to d5. I haven't been able to look at the board since. So it's still my turn. Are you quite alright son?” The chess game. With relief Hugh recalled moving a piece before leaving. Two actually, one of his own and one of dad's. Hadn't expected the game to be still going though.

Realising that his voice had carried, Darren looked almost guilty for having put his son on the spot. An immaculately dressed man, smart as paint, and pleased as punch to be here. Most men would sweat during a big occasion, instead Hugh's father glowed. Certainly a media icon, “Mr Cranston, this is my son Hubert. The up-and-comer I told you about.”

Pix cleared his head, “Hi Dad. A-And congrats.” The words seemed almost inadequate, but Darren beamed in response. The senator's eyes fell upon Hugh's companion. Suddenly he resembled an excited child on Christmas morning.

“A date. Excellent initiative.” He nudged Hugh before moving forward, “Hello I'm Mr Exley. Or Senator, if this wonderful day ever gets to where it's going. But I'm afraid Hubert surprised me. I have had not the pleasure.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Be Yourself (Ravian)   Just Be Yourself (Ravian) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Be Yourself (Ravian)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next