Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 76 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 76 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Vote_lcapMaking Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Voting_barMaking Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Vote_rcap 
Moon
Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Vote_lcapMaking Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Voting_barMaking Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
saturnstormx
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
saturnstormx

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Empty
PostSubject: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 3:56 pm

A small meteor streaked across the midnight sky as Khariel gazed up to the darkened heavens. 'I wonder how long this place has before one of you decides to show your sanctimonious face to us again...' he thought, reflecting on the Reaper angels that had been chasing him for the past years. The heroes he had encountered so far in this city were powerful. He had been able to make use of the power of different shade demons in the area, but strong alliances were what the Nephilim required in earnest.

The armoured half-angel sensed another presence on the platform of the observatory with him. It was a medium sized shadow demon who had been curiously watching Khariel from behind the scope of the gigantic telescope. "Fyhwedet?*" it asked in Demonic - this lesser demon didn't speak English.

Khariel gazed at the mass of shadow hunched underneath the scope of the observatory lens. "Begone, creature." he muttered, extending his arm out towards the shade. Shadow tendrils manifested between the two of them, siphoning the shadow essence out of the demonic shade that gave it life. Within moments, the shade ceased to exist, dark energy now coursing through Khariel's body.

Khariel noticed the presence of another nearby. This one he was unable to pinpoint, but nevertheless realized he was there. "Who's there?" he spoke, glancing about him to try to make eye contact with the newcomer.

((*Translation: "Nephilim?"))

Last edited by saturnstormx on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 4:47 pm

"We have met once before," Dar said, emerging from the night. "Interesting, even creatures of shadow like Khariel required light to see. Light needed darkness, and darkness light. Without the other, neither would exist."

Dar came to a respectful distance before sitting down. Next, he laid down on his back to look at the stars. How many times had he done this, back then? It seemed like a lifetime ago. It had only been a year. Some years were more eventful than others.

"When I first came to this city, I was a ghost. I wandered these streets, restlessly, with no place to call my home. One of the few things that brought me peace was to rest here and watch the stars. Now, I own this city. I own the entire world, but there is nothing in it quite as beautiful as the stars."
Back to top Go down
saturnstormx
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
saturnstormx

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 10:02 pm

The figure happened to be Dar Le Lefray, the powerful noble-like figure that Khariel had indeed met once before, who had an ambition and drive just as powerful as the Nephilim's. Khariel figured he was at first speaking in past tense for philosophical value. He could understand that. So he countered with his own philosophy.

"Indeed. However, darkness was the absence of light. When light was forsaken, darkness quickly latched on, reluctant to let go. The polar opposites, while world's different, complimented each other. The light would make up for the dark's lack of grace and honour. The dark would make up for the light's lack of cold, unrelenting malign."

Then Dar spoke about when he first arrived in the city. He had quite humble beginnings, a rags to riches story in the truest sense of the term. His humility evidently had turned on it's head in the process, though.

"So, you own the world..." Khariel spoke again, "Owning the world, having everything you could want, and does complacency not bite at your heels?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Well, it seemed that Khariel had thought about light and darkness far more than Dar. Perhaps far more than was healthy. He was talking about the two primal forces like they were people. Perhaps they were, or perhaps Khariel was speaking about two specific individuals who fit into his odd story.

It seemed best not to ask.

"Well, I'm never bored. Owning the world is more than an accomplishment. It's a responsibility. I must care it, protect it, and mold it as I see fit." Dar grinned. At this point in time, very little of humanity actually acknowledged his reign. That would change. He had all the time in the world, after all. "I wouldn't trade it for anything. What about you, Khariel? What do you care for? What do you seek? More than anything?"
Back to top Go down
saturnstormx
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
saturnstormx

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 10:02 pm

"What do I care for...?" he paused, then let out a brief chuckle that ascended into momentary hysteria. Indeed the malevolent cackle only lasted a second or two, but it was long enough to affirm Khariel's mocking of the word 'care'.

After Khariel recovered his composure, he continued talking. "My aspirations have no such emotion. Just pure, unrelenting ambition. What I long for, more than anything, is to see humanity cower powerlessly at the sight of the true Nephilim race. I want them to beg for forgiveness of their grave sin... that is, the reign of this world that they stole from my people. Finally, I will see that the weak are wiped from existence... and the stronger will be forced to serve my cause. They will either swear their undying allegiance to my cause, or they will become beasts of burden. I shall ascend as a true ruler of this world. It is my destiny... my birthright."

He sighed with a grin on his face. "Of course... being the last of the true Nephilim... it makes it difficult trying to restore our numbers. Only abominations of the true blood are possible as far as it is known. And that just won't do. If only there was a way to fix that..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 1:13 am

"And without numbers, how can you hope to achieve your goal?" Khariel didn't seem as concerned with the survival of his race as he did with finding his rightful place in the world. It was a sentient Dar could understand. What had anyone's race ever done for them?

He certainly seemed to know what he wanted. It didn't quite sound like the world Dar envisioned for himself, but nobody was perfect. Khariel could make a very good vassal. It was possible he could make an even better member of Pantheon.

"Some problems can be fixed. Others can't. I'm not sure which of these types your problem is, but I do know one thing. If you're looking for numbers, you cannot limit yourself to your bloodline. There is a collection of individuals with very similar interests to you and I. They too believe that the world requires change. Radical change. There are men who are strong, who were born to rule the world, but the world never gives them this power. It must be taken."

Dar looked at Khariel. "At present, we call ourselves Pantheon. If you give us your sword, we'll give you the world, or at least a very big chunk of it."
Back to top Go down
saturnstormx
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
saturnstormx

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Khariel listened to Dar's proposition. He was apparently part of an organization of people who believed that they were fit to rule a world that would not give them their rightful power. Their ambitions were very similar to his own. Had Khariel been foolish, this would appear to be a problem for him. But luckily, Khariel was not foolish, and he needed allies with similar ambitions. Joining up with these people would be beneficial for him. His sister would have her team... and Khariel would have his army.

"With the right drive... all problems can be resolved, especially in this world where gods walk the earth and sins take physical form." Khariel stated.

He quickly refocussed. "As for your offer, however, I'll accept. In return for my blade and power over shadow, I will have your alliance and support for my plans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 10:41 pm

Dar smiled. "Good. I think you'll make a nice addition. There is someone you should meet. We have no leader, but there is a spokesman, the one who represents us as a whole." Dar stood up and started walking towards the door. "I hope you're fast. From what I've seen, you should be able to keep up."

It may have been a sudden call to action, suddenly traveling somewhere distant, but Dar seemed just as relaxed as ever. It was as though nothing could bother him, as though the journey ahead were a small task. For him, at least, it would be.

In the moonlight, Dar approached a silver throne. It looked like it weighed a ton, but as soon as he sat in it, it began to float. With unnatural speed and grace, the throne flew into the clouds, heading for a land far away. Oddly, despite the high speed, Dar seemed unaffected by the flight. He sat with his chin resting on the back of his wrist, as though bored. His hair wasn't affected by wind. It was like he was stationary, and the world was moving around him.

They traveled west, covering the ocean until they came to an island. The island wasn't in the water. It was floating, suspended in the air. A handful of great chains hung down from it, coming close to the water's surface but never quite meeting it. The island was dominated by a single mountain, upon which all sorts of buildings were located.

"Welcome to Olympus."
Back to top Go down
saturnstormx
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
saturnstormx

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Khariel followed Dar to where he sat on the silver throne. Khariel hadn't really expected the throne to launch into the sky and fly off, but as soon as he saw the seat start moving, he summoned his shadowy wings and followed Dar and his silver throne to wherever it was going, at top speed.

When they arrived at Olympus, Khariel looked down on the stunning scenery of the floating island. It truly resembled the realm of the Greek gods, and he felt that it was indeed a fitting dwelling place for those who rule the world. The towering mountain rose up as the precipice of the island - it greatly reminded him of home. But that was then, and this was now. This was the Nephilim's future. The future was now.

"A truly magnificent kingdom this is, Dar. Now where is this spokesman you want me to meet?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 12:52 am

"I suppose that would be me," Zeus said. The hulking man made even Dar look small. Dar nodded his head at Zeus, and Zeus nodded back. "Zeus. Perhaps you've heard of me. I can see the truth in your eyes, dark one. The future is here. No longer will humanity squander their time and resources. They will serve the gods as they once did. Many have already accepted the new order." He waved his arm towards a nearby courtyard, where two dozen humans in were following the instructions of a martial arts instructor, honing their skills in preparation. Three other humans walked by, dressed in lab coats. They were discussing atlantean technology, and attempting to optimize the civilization's laser weapons.

At a distance, a dark-skinned man in glasses noticed Dar and started walking towards them. "Lord Dar, I must report that I have mastered the English language, as well as the guitar."

Dar nodded. "Excellent, Mason. Please continue your studies. I expect we will need your services soon."

"As you wish, Lord Dar."

A woman offered Zeus a goblet of wine, which he accepted. The same woman offered a goblet to Khariel, as well.

"I hope you do intend to join us, Dark One. Dar has advocated for you to become a full member of Pantheon. From what I've heard, you would make a welcome addition. I'm sure we have much to discuss, but for now, why don't you make yourself at...home."
Back to top Go down
saturnstormx
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
saturnstormx

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 8:48 pm

"Zeus..." Khariel said, bringing a fist to his chest and bowing slightly. "I am Khariel Ravenlock, the last true Nephilim." He locked eyes with the pseudo-god with a piercing crimson gaze, analyzing and reading this new ally. "It is an honour to make your acquaintance, and even more so to be working with you."

The Nephilim rose, looking to where Zeus had motioned to the humans under their wing. He noticed the soldiers honing their skills, and also the scientists working on the atlantean technology. It was the scientists that interested Khariel most, as his gaze lingered a little longer on them than the martial soldiers. He would need to request a team of scientists for his own experiments at some point, so the fallen angel kept in mind to get close to such members of Pantheon.

Khariel was just as so focussed on the scientists that he did not immediately notice the man who approached Dar, and glanced briefly at the atlanean before refocussing on Zeus, and the woman who appeared at his side with two goblets of wine. Khariel took the offered wine out of courtesy, and after taking a whiff of the drink, took one small sip of the drink, again out of courtesy. The Nephilim had a strange moral to not drink alcohol, as he believed it impaired his reasoning and analytical skills, and would leave him in a state of mortal ineptitude.

"I believe I will be staying." Khariel said, tilting his head to the side. This man claimed to be Zeus, a greek god of lore, but something seemed ungodly about him. However, it seemed that this man believed he was Zeus in every aspect, so the Nephilim supposed that was all that mattered at the moment. "You believe I will be useful to you, and you to me. We work towards a common goal, that is crucial. So, we will work out the terms of my entrance into Pantheon when it is suitable for you. Presently I will likely need some time to adjust, in any case."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 2:10 am

Zeus nodded. It was to be expected. He had other business to attend to, so after a polite nod, he walked away.

"You've made a good impression," Dar said. "That's important. What's ours is yours. I feel that whatever use you make of our resources will inevitably advance my own goals. There is more I would like to discuss, but later. For now, as you said, you must...adjust. Welcome home."

OOC: I apologize, but I haven't been too active lately. Muse and time are hard to come by. Perhaps we should end the thread here. I don't want to hold you back from greatness.
Back to top Go down
saturnstormx
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
saturnstormx

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 10:41 am

Khariel nodded. "My gratitude." he said, "I will do that. And yes, I suppose there is a lot to discuss. But as you said, at a later time. I'll take my leave." With that, the Nephilim took off to explore Olympus on his own, and formulate a plan now that such a plethora of resources were at his fingertips.

[END]

OOC: Yeah I'll end it here. Any further development can be in it's own thread I guess. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]   Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making Allies in High Places (Dar) [DONE]
Page 1 of 1