Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 97 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 97 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Vote_lcapTeen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Voting_barTeen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Vote_rcap 
Moon
Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Vote_lcapTeen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Voting_barTeen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl
Villain or good guy?: Good

Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Empty
PostSubject: Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review   Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:22 am

Spoiler:
It f*cking sucks.

Now, as you can probably tell, I am not particularly thrilled with Teen Titans Go, and I'm going to go over all of it in detail. I would love to hear your guys' views and thoughts on it, because seeing as we're here we are all one people: Teen Titans fans.

Behind the Scenes

What's this? Izzy is actually going to review a show based on some of the behind the scenes content? ...Sadly. There is an issue behind the scenes that I simply cannot ignore. The creators of this show WILLINGLY ADMIT that they have seen maybe one full episode of the original Teen Titans TV show. What?

Wouldn't you think that when you tackle something so heavily beloved as Teen Titans, so much so that sprawling communities like this were spawned by it, you would view the source material? Delve into it? Gain their understanding and love for it? Haha f*** no. We're Cartoon Network, gives us your moneyz!

The Money Grubbing

There are cash-ins and then there is...this abomination. I'm biased, I admit, but CN is truly cashing in here. I say CN and not DC because there is no way DC is authorizing some of this...this %#!@. CN cancelled Young Justice due to the lack of viewers. The lack of viewers was due to the time slot that the show was moved to. This is part of the CN method to remove shows from their line up that are costly to make. Young Justice had a very deep art style and writing style, making it extremely expensive, so it had to go.

Now we have this series with an art style that makes the flash on Newgrounds look good, so that's already a great sign. Along with this show being completely centered on comedy. Well how bad can it be, right? TT was a VERY funny show! We can work with that!

The Show

After watching the two episodes of pilot...my brain fell out. It just fell out. There has not been a villain in either episode with a fight scene. TT is a super hero team and should be treated as such, ok CN? I need to say that now and this is my first major gripe.

My next gripe is that all the serious tones from the original series seem to be gone. Anyone remember this:

"You know what it is like to be judged simply on how you look?"

"Of course I do. I'm half robot."

That one scene is from the Val'Yor episode, which actually touched on racial prejudice IN A CHILDREN'S SHOW. THAT is impressive.

The Characters

Since I just did some quotes...lets move on to the characters and...how they've changed sadly.

Starfire

Well...this one is relatively the same. Very happy. Very unfamiliar with her surroundings. Not a hard character to get a grasp on. Then again we haven't had a Starfire Episode yet. Oh boy...

Raven

Hmmm...well I should just say it. Raven is a freaking brony. Yeah. In the first two seconds of the first episode they make a very obvious cash in advertisement for My Little Pony. Is this bad persay? No, not entirely. Especially when, if done right, this can show the newer people to the show that Raven does in fact have a very soft side to her. She is a vulnerable little girl in a harsh environment. Unfortunately they quickly ruin this by having her send all of her friends on this ridiculous and somewhat dangerous quest for a 'legendary sandwich' that she isnt even remotely expecting to exist just so she can have some time to be a brony. That is not Raven! The most she'd even do is lock herself in her room for it like she did with Malkyor, the dragon. Anyway, they've taken away Ravens caring side and made her even more into an alienated person from her friends. This one is KINDA acceptable depending on your view of Ravens original character.

Robin

Oh Dick. Dick, Dick, Dick. What the hell have they done to you? What happened to the obsessed crime fighter I grew to know and love? The one who would slave day and night over who Slade was and the doubt of whether or not you could save the city and your friends from his wrath? Now, I could accept this was gone if he weren't so happy to be a jerk! He gave Cyborg half a bottle of soda for his birthday! The hell?! You're Dick Grayson!

*ring ring*

"Hello?"

"Hey Bruce! It's Dick, your adopted son. Hey, can I borrow about a million dollars to do something for my friend?"

"Well sure, that doesn't even put a dent in my billions of dollars. Titans Tower right? And is it okay if it's in gold bars?"

"Yeah, that works fine. I'm sure the conversion rate is fairly generous. I'll send ya back the change Bruce."

Would that be even remotely difficult Robin? NO! It even would have given BB a one-up subplot to go through in the episode! Speaking of which...

Beast Boy

BB, the funny guy! He'd be relatively untouched right? The comedy character! Yeeeaaahhh no. Beast Boy is still a very childish character, and for the most part he remains moderately the same. I don't mind him much and sometimes I enjoy his presence. But...what happened to not eating the animals he turns into? Beast Boy is a vegetarian. Yet he plainly fights over a sandwich that he knows damn well contains meat! Now, it wouldn't concern me much that he argues over the godly BLT that I briefly covered in the Raven summary, but...it's this kind of attention to detail that makes the older show so much higher over this one. In the older show, BB would have heard the word 'bacon' and stopped listening. He wants nothing to do with eating meat, unless its for his own selfish shortcomings, making him a bit more relatable. He has limits but he has a line that cannot be crossed. He had nothing to gain here making it POINTLESS for him to bother. At least he stills likes Cyborg as his best bud...for some god forsaken reason...

Cyborg

Victor...what did they DO TO YOU?!?!

Cy is no longer that tin man with a heart bigger than Beast Boys whole self. He's...not gonna lie...kind of a prick! At one point in the Mother May I episode, when BB tells him he can't come to his birthday because he's working his butt off trying to buy him a present he wants...he for some reason gets super butt hurt! I'm not talking the immature kind of pouting, no no no. He basically bullies the kid he spends forever defending in the original show! After telling the kid to get a job and calling him a bum, he then starts making a mess and throwing %#!@ around to inexplicably make Beast Boy's life a living hell and doesn't even put their differences aside when Robin, Starfire and Raven are about to be baked into a pie by Mother Maye I! I'm not kidding! He even fights Beast Boy!

Now, maybe I'm overanalyzing everything, so please, let me know what you guys think of this review and post your own thoughts on this follow up to the teen titans legacy!

So in summary, when Cartoon Network gets a chance to save the DC segments that are moments from collapsing, what do they do? Well...picture Goku in this clip ad CN...and picture all of us as King Kai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=sJxmSqdwIeM

If you stuck it out all the way to here...have a cookie.  Cookie

Last edited by Izzerz on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review   Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:32 am

Like the review, you've saved me the time of watching the show. I appreciate this, sincerely thank you.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review   Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:04 am

My pleasure. The more people I save, the better.

Please guys, tell me what you think, or if you plan to watch it after my review. I'm always interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review   Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teen Titans Go! - My Personal Review
Page 1 of 1