Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
Mistress Obsidian
Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Vote_lcapBuilding a Life (Open) - Page 2 Voting_barBuilding a Life (Open) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Vote_lcapBuilding a Life (Open) - Page 2 Voting_barBuilding a Life (Open) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 76 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 76 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Building a Life (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character
Name: Zack Wylder
Code Name: Silent Night
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:58 pm

Zack shook his head. "I don't know... It's a part of me, a piece of my soul. Since the day I found myself on that table beneath those knives... Since the day me and my parents died... It's been inside me. I fear that even if it were excised, I don't know if there'd be anything left... But if I fall, the Titans will need you. I've seen all of them fight, I've sparred with most of them. Hell a good number of them have been trained by me. And none of them stand a chance. Maybe united they could bring me down, but to what end? When the madness grips me... They fight to subdue, to put the criminal behind bars. But in my madness I don't work that way. Anyone who wants to beat me in combat has to kill me, or they will lose before they've even begun. But they can't. They won't. I was their leader, I was their teammate. I was their friend. I know exactly what will happen if I lose myself to it."

Zack rubbed his temples, trying not to think about the images in his head. "But whether or not they have the heart to kill me matters not if they can't beat me in combat. That's why you can help them. I have no powers. None. I'm just a madman with the weapons of his murdered friends. It's the armor it's self. That's what lets me manipulate magnetic fields."

Something dark passed over Zack's gaze as he paused for a moment. "And what's worse, is I'm not the only one. I escaped. But there are countless others who didn't. L.A.W. has some... Some way of controlling people... There are other weapons, other pieces. All of the pieces must go back in the box, Victoria. Otherwise this whole thing will just get worse..."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character
Name: Victoria Wesley
Code Name: Mira

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:12 am

"And you believe me to be capable of killing you?" Victoria asked him, voice cracking slightly at the thought. Still...somehow being able to remove his powers would make him less of a threat. Without them, would they be able to subdue him peacefully? It didn't matter...even if they stopped Zack, he was saying there were more where he came from. A whole group dedicated to creating tormented souls like him.

Her shaking hands went for her teacup at last, taking a long sip of the tea before speaking. "...you are setting a jeweler against madmen and war machines, you realize. I recognize that I did volunteer myself, but I will need considerable assistance if this is to be possible. Some of it will have to come from you. If I am to easily manipulate what is within you...what is within the others...I need..." She paused, cheeks tinted pink as she hid behind another sip of tea.

"I need to commune with it...spend some time getting to know what it is and how it works. I need to spend time with you, Zack. Perhaps even contact, improper as that may be for someone I have met but twice." It was so embarrassing to say aloud...but it was true. She would probably have to touch him to feel the resonance of the metal, to understand it for future reference.
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:37 am

Zack nodded. "Whatever you must do, do it. I can give you direct access if you need it, but it'll be messy." In truth, Zack would rather avoid cutting his skin to allow Victoria to commune directly with his armor, as his flesh still did have feeling, but it would be a small price to pay to see L.A.W. destroyed. "There are only a few others that I know of who use this metal, as it is very difficult to work, but they are all monsters in their own right, each worth countless others in terms of combat value. I can tell you about them, as well as what I know about this metal. Though it isn't safe here. Perhaps your... Communion should be somewhere more private."

Zack's expression softened. "I wouldn not ask this of you if I saw another way. I don't know if you'll have to kill, and I hope you don't. But I cannot promise anything. Just... Stay alive. You may very well be this city, and everywhere else's, greatest hope."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:53 am

"P-please do not," she answered quickly to the offer of direct access, unsure if she was heard over his explanation. He had information...on the metal, on others who used it, but he wanted somewhere safe. He wanted her to be safe. Or at least alive. Having all this rest on her dainty shoulders was a shock, and hard to bear at the moment. There was no one else...no other way. If she felt insecure before...now, she just felt trapped. Useful, important, but trapped all the same.

"I...I will do my best to remain safe," she said quietly, though the methods were still coming together. She had been invited to join others on two occasions...as little as she wanted to ally herself with much of anyone, battle was coming, and she would be in the midst of altercations that made the museum appear as a picnic. She needed someone to keep her not just alive, but safe. They could do that, Symbiote or the SVR...and in the fact of what lay ahead, it seemed worth the temporary cost of her morals. "My apartment is not far from here. If you wish to be expedient in informing me of the precise danger into which I have placed myself, it would be an ideal location. If you do not wish to know where I live, then we can find another suitable location."
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:10 am

Zack shook his head, thinking out loud. "That's the problem... I want to be as in the dark as possible. If I fall, it will buy you more time while I figure it out. Your shop isn't defensible, but then again, it doesn't have to be. I'm the only one who should be a problem there, and I may be alright. L.A.W. doesn't know about you, or you wouldn't be alive right now, or worse. Plus, your shop has plenty of metal you can use quite well - plenty of weapons to use against me if I do fall. At least you should be able to slow me down enough to escape."

He nodded, apparently reaching a decision. "I don't think I should know where you live. However, I already know where your shop is, so it will limit the amount of information I would be able to use against you to a minimum. That is, if you're okay with using your shop for... This."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:17 am

"Then you wish to visit my store..." Victoria nodded. It did make a lot of sense, in hindsight. If he was worried about knowing too much, it was best to simply stick to what he already knew familiar. The shop, her metalworking, his being surrounded by metal she could use against him...she didn't want to think like that, fighting against Zack. Luckily, he already did so on her behalf.

"Let us hurry, then...you may bring your latte with you," she said, standing up and draping her purse over her shoulder. If she were alone, she would have simply used the network of mirrors...but Zack couldn't know about that. Whatever he knew, the mad monster within knew, too. Caution was her best companion for now. "I will acquire all the knowledge I can from you in one night...after that, if what you say remains true, you would be best in avoiding my company. I am sorry."
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:26 am

"Don't be sorry. You have helped more than you know. Besides, I am well accustomed to exile. I've had practice not being around my friends." Zack was obviously unhappy about the prospect of being alone, but he knew more than anyone that it was a necessity. He picked up his drink and followed Victoria.

"I am sorry you are involved in this, but for what it's worth, thank you."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:34 am

Victoria kept her composure as they walked out of the coffee shop together, likely garnering some strange looks. They were a most unlikely duo.

"Your apology is accepted...and you are most welcome," she said quietly as they began their stroll down the nighttime streets. Her steps were measured, the entirety of her mind focusing on keeping her legs from shaking. She was shocked by the events of the evening, appalled by L.A.W. and their practices, terrified for her own safety and well-being, and heartbroken about the tragic condition of one of the people she could call 'friend'. One who shared, to some extent, her power.

Just one foot in front of the other, and no tears. Not yet...there would be time enough later.

((Should I make a new thread for the store...or shall we just finish it out here?))
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:41 am

ooc: Normally I'd say a new thread, but my time is a bit limited as I'm leaving tomorrow and it's almost one in the morning. It is feasible that at some point in one of the ports I'll find internet access, but I don't know for sure. I'd say to wrap it up we skip to the store. Sorry if it feels rushed, but I'd hate to leave you hanging until August.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:50 am

((You've got it!))

After an eerily silent walk, the two arrived in Three Valleys jewelry boutique. Victoria wasted little time, not wanting to be in the store that late and generally running on little more than adrenaline, tea, and a desire not to break down in front of such a stoic figure.

She handed him a pad of paper and a pen. "You may use these. Write down what you know; I will read it later after I am finished with hands-on experience." As he jotted down notes, she found one of the many gaps in his tattered clothing, sliding a lady's hand through and resting it on his skin. She muttered a quiet apology and closed her eyes, just feeling the metal's consistency, its vibration. It was difficult to work, as he had mentioned before...a stubborn material, the likes of which she had never experienced. She dared not actually move any of it, but she did work to reach it. The connection was key; if she could connect to the metal, it would respond to her. And if she did it beforehand, before it was needed, she could do it a lot faster when it counted.

After what seemed like forever, with her arm feeling heavy from being held in one place so long, she gave a light nod. Her hand slipped out from his torn shirt, and her eyes opened to look up at him. "I...I can do it..." She informed him. "Do you have the notes for me...?"
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:11 am

Zack looked at the paper and held the pen awkwardly. He had never actually written before. But he knew how to read, so he knew what the symbols were. He started writing. He wrote exactly how he spoke, as he placed the words in his head onto paper. Initially, he jumped when he felt Victoria's hand on his skin. It was rare anybody touched him outside of combat. He thought back along his life. He couldn't remember much of his parents, and had long since forgotten their embrace. He had been hugged once, by a very close friend as she walked to her death. And he had held a fellow Titan's hand when he told her of his current condition. Any other time he could remember someone touching him, it was to cause pain. He shook his head and went back to work. He quickly filled the page, and flipped it over. Filling that page, he snatched another, and another. He wrote about himself, about the metal's properties: it's immense weight and density. About it's ability to create magnetic fields when exposed to neural activity. About it's hyperconductivity to heat, cold, and electricity. He wrote about the weapons who used the metal: He wrote about the Bishop. He wrote about the Rook. He wrote about the Knight. He wrote, albeit briefly about the others: The Queen, the King, and the pawns. He was finished soon after Victoria. "Here. Don't let anybody but those you trust with your life see these. If their existence becomes known, whoever carries them and everyone affiliated with that person, anyone who could have seen them will be a target. L.A.W. is not ready for all out war, and will not risk anyone knowing of their existence."

Zack's handwriting was atrocious, but legible. As Victoria went to grab the papers from his hand, he snatched her hand in his. "Be careful Victoria. I... I don't know what I would do if this gets you killed... I don't want to lose another friend."

ooc: The Rook and the Bishop actually have character sheets here on ttrpg. They're both in the create-a-villain sections. If you'd like, I can provide links. I'll work on creating similar sheets for the King and Queen, but as this story line will be on hold until I get back they will likely be posted then.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:25 am

"Oh...!" Victoria gasped, not expecting the sudden reach for her hand. The need for confidentiality was a given, as was the penalty for revealing her knowledge. That seemed to be a common trait amongst secret and no-so-secret groups these days. His sudden emotionality concerning her was disarming...he didn't want to lose her. The earnest grip, the look in his eye, it all threatened to have her fall apart then and there. He didn't need that, though. He needed strength. He needed reassurance.

"Zack..." Her voice trailed off as she looked away for a moment, returning to his gaze with a bit more resolve. "I will be as careful as I can...I will seek protection, and I will keep your information safe with all the strength I have in me." Her hand slipped from his, and she set the notes on one of the cases before breaking all her old-fashioned protocols. She opened a case and handed him a men's ring, closing his hand around it before embracing him.

"Wear it, and may it bring you better luck than either of us have seen," she said quietly, staying a moment before letting go. "Godspeed..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building a Life (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2