Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 130 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 130 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Building a Life (Open) Vote_lcapBuilding a Life (Open) Voting_barBuilding a Life (Open) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Building a Life (Open) Vote_lcapBuilding a Life (Open) Voting_barBuilding a Life (Open) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Building a Life (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character
Name: Victoria Wesley
Code Name: Mira
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Building a Life (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:13 am

The grey girl sat in the corner of a trendy cafe, faced away from the door with her thoughts and a cup full of black tea. It was Thursday...she normally kept track of none save for Sunday, when her shop was closed. However, recent events made Thursday important...though she truly had no reason to point them out if she was serious about not taking his offer seriously. She dropped a single lump of sugar into her cup, grey eyes staring into the empty darkness of the tea.

It hadn't been so long ago that she simply cycled between the store, the library, and home...with interludes for errands and the like. She was perfectly content to live out the rest of her life in obscurity, making a modest life on her handmade jewelry. Then there were the hyper twins who commissioned weaponized jewelry. A run-in with an alien at the library that ended in an English lesson, an invitation, and a 'one free job' coupon from Symbiote. A hold-up and kidnapping at her own store, including a lengthy conversation with one of the few, if not the only, men who knew of her identity. She pulled out the neatly folded paper, heaving a sigh as she looked it over. It felt as though she was marked. He knew who she was, where she worked, and what she did...not to mention those strange gadgets he used. Tell no one, he warned. Who would she tell? Who knew her? Who would believe her? Why on Earth would she ever join him in his mad quest to turn Jump City into a Victorian wonderland?

The thing she carried away from that, however, was how alone she felt, and how easily he had absconded with her. It could have just as easily been a full break-in, rendering her bankrupt. Or a hostage situation. Or a kidnapper who didn't believe in catch-and-release. She shuddered...she had little to no experience in fending someone off. No sense of safety anymore. Was that why she kept the paper? Was the security worth humoring his delusions, assisting with his bizarre contraptions? She frowned, staring at the elaborate V on the stationery without even realizing the spoon was stirring her tea on its own, a product of her own troubled mind looking to let off some tension and calm her nerves.
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character
Name: Zack Wylder
Code Name: Silent Night

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 2:24 am

It wasn't often Zack Wylder found himself in a cafe. In fact, it wasn't often Zack Wylder bought anything from anyone. Except bullets. He bought a lot of bullets. But for some reason, today of all days, he found himself compelled to walk into a cafe and order something. But there was a bit of a problem. He had never ordered anything from a cafe before. In fact, he had never even had coffee before. Or tea for that matter. He stared blankly at the menu for several minutes, trying to figure out what the bizarre words in front of him meant. Mocha? Frappachino? The woman behind the counter stared nervosly at him, eyeing the Famas on his back. Her hand was hovering over the store's silent alarm, but she hadn't pushed it yet. Zack cut an imposing figure in his bloodstained clothing and with his weapons and eerie grin, so it wasn't surprising that someone was nervous around him. "I think I'll have..." Zack squinted at the menu, as if concentrating on the words would make them understandable. "A "late."" Zack looked at the cashier with an air of self pride, oblivious to his mispronunciation. "Uhm..." The woman looked terrified, as if she were worried Zack'd freak out if she corrected him. "You mean a latte?" Zack rose an eyebrow and leaned closer to the woman, who shrank back in fear. "That too." Confused, the woman nodded, figuring it was just best to go along with him. Zack straightened back up and pulled a crumpled ten out of his pocket. "Keep the change." While he waited for his "late" he scanned the rest of the cafe. Most of the patrons were staring at him. He was used to that, and ignored them easily. He raised an eyebrow when he saw a familiar face. After getting his drink, he walked over to Victoria's table.

"It's been a while, Miss Wesley. Mind if I join you?"
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:30 am

Victoria startled, shaken from her thoughts as she looked up to a well-armed, imposing figure. However, after the initial shock, she was no longer afraid; despite all that, her spoon immediately grew still, clattering against the rim of the cup. It took a minute...he was familiar, but it had been so long. What was this man's name again?

"...Zack," she said at last, the thought of someone who knew her comforting against the thought of a man who knew her more than she'd ever want. "Please, sit down." She gestured to a seat with one hand, the other putting away the paper. "I would enjoy your company."
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Zack nodded, and sat down across from Victoria. He set his drink down on Tge table and eyed it suspiciously. After a moment he looked back up at Victoria. "Long time no see, eh? What have you been up to? I trust your stay in this fair city gas been boring and uneventful? Such would be good news, as il"interesting" in this city seems to run closely with "terrible.""

Zack looked far more worse for the wear since Victoria had last seen him. His clothing, with the curious exception of his jacket, was even more shredded and bloodstained than before, and it didn't look like there was much left of his tee shirt, much less anywhere still white. In addition, his eyes had a weary, haunted look that hadn't been there before, and there were dark circles under them as if he hadn't slept in days.

He glanced at his drink again, but merely glared at it for a moment before looking back at Victoria.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 12:36 pm

"It appears as though your life has been quite interesting, then," she commented, frowning at the closer look at his appearance. His clothes were torn and stained almost to the point where she wondered the point in wearing them, and he looked half-dead with his haunted, exhausted gaze. "If you do not mind my saying, I have had a recent windfall...I could replace your current ensemble." It was simply a polite offer, but she wouldn't have been surprised if he refused.

She had not yet answered his question...honestly, it was something she wanted to avoid, since it would most certainly involve either lying to him or placing herself in danger. At least, that was what she assumed Mr. Grennan had meant when he mentioned something worse than sedatives. Still, she supposed she could mention some of the positives; omission, rather than a half-truth.

"Well, I have met a very interesting pair of twins with some of the more bizarre requests I have received in my shop. Speaking of my store, it has been receiving a bit more business; I found a group of people who sought exclusive and unique designs, which I can easily do. And...this may sound positively crazy, but I met a giant insect at the library and helped teach him English." She chuckled nervously, remembering how terrified she was initially as well as the invitation to Symbiote and the free job from Tiberius. She had absolutely no idea if she'd make use of it, or for what...but it was there.

That copper mask still stared at her in the back of her mind, but she shook it off with a long sip of tea. "I would ask about how you came to be in such a state, but I have a feeling you would not wish to tell me in polite company."
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Zack chuckled. "You don't know the half of it... But I suppose things can always be worse." He thought to himself for a moment as he stared off into space. Things indeed could be worse. Far worse. L.A.W. was still active, true, but they were also still in the shadows instead of waging open war. He was still sane for the moment, and his friends were still among the living, though as far as both of those went he had no idea how long they'd last.

"Windfall? Ensemble? I'm not sure I know what you mean, though I can see you're mannerisms are as... Outdated as ever, eh? You know, I never did put my finger on that..." Zack studied Victoria for a moment before continuing. "Of course that's your business, isn't it? Either way I don't think it matters too much, as I doubt I'll be around long enough to make such knowledge worthwhile."

He shook his head, as if trying to clear it. "But then that's not something anybody wants to hear, is it? So what's this you were saying? Twins? And a giant insect in the library? How odd. But it sounds like you're settling in quite nicely then, which I'm glad to here. I take it there's been no trouble?"
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:06 pm

"I am referring to your dirty and tattered clothing and offering to buy you replacements," she explained with an amused sigh. She got that a lot...the lost expressions, quizzical eyebrows, and tilted heads. His mention of not being around long snapped her back to attention, but he dismissed it almost as easily as he had brought it up. Did he not care about his own well-being? Was there something already wrong with him?

After making her worry, he had the nerve to ask if she had had any trouble. Had she? There was that holdup and kidnapping...but aside from a small bump on her head, she was returned in pristine condition. He even let her keep her locket, though why was beyond her. She shook her head calmly, sipping her tea. "Not as yet, Zack...though you have said things to make me concerned. Whatever do you mean when you say you doubt your continued presence here in the city? Are you moving? Is someone chasing you? Are you ill, or injured?"
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 6:18 pm

Zack nodded. "I see. I appreciate the offer, but I am fine. These have served me for years and shall continue to do so." Then he paused. She had asked him. Of course she had asked him, he had been stupid enough to bring it up. He sighed. Did he tell her? No. He couldn't. There was nothing she could do about it. But he couldn't outright lie to her. A half truth then.

"Ill, would be the best way to put it. It's best not to dwell on such things, as they will only lead to pointless worry."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Victoria's sip was interrupted as she gazed over her cup at Zack. He was ill, likely not long for the world. She lowered the cup slowly, breath measured as she tried not to react so strongly. He seemed so dismissive of it all, almost like he didn't care. He didn't want her to worry...she couldn't worry. She would not allow herself to worry.

"I...I see," she said, clasping her hands in her lap and avoiding eye contact. "That is...most unfortunate. My condolences." It was clear she was trying very hard to remain as distant as he was, but she just wasn't as good at it as he was. It was written all over her face, even if her voice didn't show it. "What do you plan to do, with the time you have?"
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Zack shrugged. "My time left is unknown, so whatever I can do. I suppose inform. Tell the others as much as I can about L.A.W.. Fight them if I can, and keep searching for someone stronger than me." Zack sighed as he finally got around to picking up his own drink. Though he still didn't take a sip, he merely stared at the wafting steam.

"It's very difficult to explain... And it would take a good while to tell you what's wrong with me." Zack thought for a moment. "Actually, it's easy, but I don't want you to... Never mind." Suddenly, Zack sat up and looked at Victoria with renewed interest, something akin to hope sparking in his haunted gaze. "Wait... Your power. How far away are you capable of using it? Wait, don't tell me... That would be bad. How about this... Can you use it from a distance? Be as vague as possible. I know it sounds odd, but there's a logical reason for it."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 5:51 pm

At some point, he had entirely lost Victoria in his tangled words. He didn't know how long he had, but what was L.A.W.? Why did he need to fight them? What was with finding someone stronger? He wasn't enough, with those plates beneath his skin?

The questions in her mind crashed to a halt when he mentioned her power. She glanced around, hoping no one was paying particular attention. Her communion with metals was something she preferred to keep quiet. Still, it seemed to be giving him hope, something she hadn't seen in him in, well, ever. She had to try and help him somehow, if she could.

"Yes, I can utilize it at a distance," she answered. Why did he want vague answers? Wouldn't he want to know, as specifically as possible? Or was that dangerous for him? And why? Too many questions...more information than she needed to know, she was certain. "I have not experimented with my maximum capability, so I do not know how far I can be."
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Zack's grin widened, if only for a moment. "That's good! then there's hope! But... I don't know how much to tell you. But you may be my only hope." Zack grunted in frustration. For almost a full minute, he stared intensely at Victoria, the internal debate almost visible in the air. With a sigh, he seemed to come to some sort of agreement.

"We have only met once, but I would like to consider you my friend." He began slowly, taking his time with each sentence and pausing in between. "Which is why I am hesitant to tell you anything. So I will ask you. This will be your choice whether or not to get involved. Something... Very bad is going to happen soon. Your unique skill set makes you more than capable of helping the Titans immensely, but even attempting to do so, even knowing how you can do so, puts you in incredible danger."

Zack leaned across the table, resting his elbows upon it and his head in steeped fingers.

"Do you choose to help, or do you choose relative safety?"
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Victoria listened, unable to move as he explained the whole thing. She wanted the warm comfort of her tea, but there was just too much her mind needed to sort through. Somehow, Zack believed she was his only hope. For what, she had no idea...but a friend in need, right? He considered her a friend...and she did the same. She had to; there were few she knew within the city, and one was a delusional genius. Not exactly the social circle she imagined when she began her new life.

His words hit home with her, locket periodically reflecting the light as she breathed heavier. Disaster was coming. And not the Victorian variety Mr. Grennan had hoped. Not yet, at least. Her ability...her metal-moving ability...was going to help. It could even save Zack, if that's what he meant by 'hope'. Even asking for details, though, would thrust her into the middle of the situation and into incredible danger...she could only assume life-and-death. After all, she was sitting across a heavily armed, metal-implanted man with bloodstained clothing...and he was asking for her help, of all people. If anyone else could do it...he would have likely asked.

There was considerable silence after his question, Victoria fully withdrawn into her inner world of thought before her lips dared move. "Relative safety has been making weapons for rabbit-obsessed club bouncers, running into a giant bug in a library, trying to fend off a museum heist, and getting temporarily kidnapped to hear a recruitment speech," she answered him, grey eyes set on his.

"My attempts at a modest life have failed...it seems the same force that has thrust me here refuses to allow me peace and quiet. What do you require of me?" She would help him, stop this disaster...and then what? She was uncertain, but standing by and allowing one of the few people who understood her to die was unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Zack nodded slowly. "Very well." After collecting his thoughts for a moment, he began.

"I should start by saying that I am no hero. I never was. This city labeled me a hero, my friends labeled me a hero, but I am and always have been... Something else. I was built to be a weapon. You know some of what happened to me, though the version you received was very much abridged. What they did to me... What I was forced to do... I am a killer, Victoria. I have butchered countless opponents. L.A.W.'s version of training forced us to fight to the death... Every week I watched dozens of people, most barely older than mere children, dragged away to wherever L.A.W. disposed of the dead, their blood splattered across my hands and my face. Killing was my life, it was all I knew. And after... Certain events... After I won my freedom in the blood of so many I kept killing. It was all I knew. At the time, all I wanted was to die. All I wanted was to find someone who was stronger than me, to fight them and lose. Everyone I knew and cared about... I had nothing left. I had killed my only reason to live. And then I joined the Titans. I thought everything had changed. I was wrong. I've tried to control it... What they did to me in there, it shattered my mind Victoria. And every time I killed I could feel the madness boiling up within me, I can feel it taking over. But after combat, I always came back. But over time, it has grown worse."

Zack paused for a long moment before continuing.

"I... I've always been able to hear them... Their screams... Everyone I've ever killed. Screaming in agony, screaming in fear. And every time I close my eyes, every time I try to rest, I can see their blood soaked faces, twisted in rage and hatred, haunting my nightmares. But despite it all, I thought I had it under control. But I didn't. The madness Victoria, it grew. It grew and grew until I couldn't contain it. Every time I fought, every time I trained, it came, and it got harder and harder to come back each time. And then, it plagued me even when I was calm, out of combat, it came for me, showing me twisted visions of what I could do if I only gave in..."

Zack was visibly paler now, and he had started shaking as if cold.

"And then the blackouts started. several times now I have woken up n the middle of carnage that makes even a killer like me gag... And I have only shattered shards of memories to tell me what I did. I am ill, Victoria, but it is no sickness of the body that plagues me. I am scared, Victoria, but not for my own safety. Something terrible will happen soon... I know it. I hate to say it, but I'm terrified. I've been keeping away from my team, away from everyone because I don't know how much time I have: How long until I black out and don't wake up. Or I wake up and it's my team pinned to the wall like insects... Until my friends... I'm no hero Victoria. I'm a monster." Zack couldn't bring himself to say any more and buried his face in his hands, shuddering at the thoughts wracking his mind.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Victoria was speechless. What could she possibly say as he laid out his life story to her? She always knew he was capable of killing...his appearance made that blatantly clear, but it was much deeper. To be forced to kill, and as a child...it was small wonder that he would grow mad. The burden of their blood on his hands, the rise of that killer instinct...it was a defense mechanism, the only way he knew how to operate, and it was fighting his conscience. From what he said, it sounded as though it was winning.

"The coming disaster...the something terrible...you believe it to be you?" She asked, hands trembling at the story. Part of her wanted to reach across, to rest one on his, but she didn't know what kind of reaction that would cause. She shook her head slowly. "I do not believe you to be a monster, Zack. If your story is true, then there is madness...but madness can be contained in this age. Cured, even!" There was a small voice in her that told her the worst...the message between the lines. What he wanted her to do.

He wanted her to help stop him. Her ability could manipulate the plates of metal beneath his skin...but would she? She didn't have the hardened heart, the homicidal training that Zack did. From that chance encounter, and even now as he confessed his deepest sins, she cared about him. Standing aside and letting him die was unacceptable...but having a hand in it? It was unthinkable!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a Life (Open)   Building a Life (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building a Life (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next