Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 47 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 47 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Custom Avatars Vote_lcapCustom Avatars Voting_barCustom Avatars Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Custom Avatars

Go down 
+4
Simca
Tyler_Topher
Silent Night
Emblem
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem
Villain or good guy?: Good

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Dear Users,

Take a look at my old E-fed site. Been dead and revived as well, but it's roster is something worthwhile:

http://evpw.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=roster&action=display&thread=9

Scroll down and look at the main roster. I'd say that'd pretty darn genius. Pictures showing who's who, clickable to go to his or her profile. I'd have to figure a way out to make sure those links stay working as I might move apps sometimes, but still.

Is there anyone who could provide me a sample picture of a format that we might be able to use for this? Anybody willing to try something liek this out? Unfortunately, I did not develop my Photoshop skills yet. They're on the list, just not very high.

I need Avatars about that size, with a picture of the character, with a name, and some extra stuff to emrge it into one (like the silver lines on there, just make it more 'us' )
Back to top Go down

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Soooo sort of like my Avatar now lol? And I also have one for Sage, also I think it's a great idea and easily workable as far as sizing avatars go. I can crop a picture pretty well it's not hard at all. I'm sure Simca can crop and resize too, as can Josh. Now adding text to them would be a whole different ball game for me though scratch
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:38 pm

If the avatars of all members look alike in the sence of unity (like that EVPW example has), has their name in the same font and a small picture of them, it's perfect.
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character
Name: Conner Kent
Code Name: Superboy

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:59 pm

I can edit members current avatars and put their names on them, nothing fancy cos it's in paint, just adding text to the pics there already. I could try resizing them so they're all the same size but making smaller pictures larger pixelates them so they look terrible
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Stop. Paint... No.

Paint is basic and easy to use but will never generate the quality that I want the avatars to have. Unless you're one of those lifeless soulless Japanese guys, but I don't take any of you is.

If I'm right, it's basic photoshop, or at least not too advanced. I appreciate your offer Josh, but Paint ain't gonna cut it.
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character
Name: Conner Kent
Code Name: Superboy

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:23 pm

I was actually quite good on photoshop on the computers we had in school but I don't have it on my laptop otherwise I'd give it a go
Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind
Krious

RPG character
Name: Krious Alistair
Code Name: Krious
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:24 pm

Basic as far as the text goes yes, custom background and visual effect are a step higher. Seems like the ones on that site of yours are a simple cloud effect as a background, putting a striped screen layer on top with some basic layer effects and finally the name tag. Shouldn't be too hard to mimic/adjust, I'll see what I can do.

EDIT:

This is the result of the first try. Green background obviously for heroes, villains and neutral would get something else.

Spoiler:

I'm thinking of removing the shine effect and make the whole inner part of the frame border a little darker then the rest like those EVPW images. Suggestions? Comments? Anything else?

EDIT 2:
Added villain example
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character
Name: Zack Wylder
Code Name: Silent Night
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:25 pm

That's awesome, Krious! And I think this would be an awesome idea. Especially once I finally get around to getting my actual char's picture... I really should get on that...
Back to top Go down

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:11 am

That design is pretty good. Love how they look pixelated Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:49 am

OH EM GEE that just screams epic. =D Anyways. Me like this idea. But, actually finding pictures... Bleh.
Back to top Go down
Tyler_Topher
Tyler_Topher

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:03 am

I love this idea and I have plenty of pics for both of my chars. I really like the samples Krious I think the neutral should be blue or yellow that seems like a neutral color to me.
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character
Name: Simca Simonovna Simakova
Code Name: The Swallow

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:36 am

Quote :
Scroll down and look at the main roster. I'd say that'd pretty darn genius. Pictures showing who's who, clickable to go to his or her profile.

You make the pictures I'll make them clickable. o.o
Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind
Krious

RPG character

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:11 am

Yep finding suitable pictures would be hard... Personally I would prefer a clean render with a distinctively different colour background then the colour of the character itself, for easy select/cut/paste. If it's a random screenshot from let's say a tv series it'll be much harder to nicely remove the part we need.

I think I'll be using blue for neutral if that's ok, thanks for the suggestion.

Finally, if someone has Adobe ImageReady we could embed the link to the character into the image itself. Sadly I don't own ImageReady, however a simple hyperlink would suffice.
Back to top Go down

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:24 am

Is my avatar one that would be hard?
Back to top Go down
Krious
Corrupted Mastermind
Corrupted Mastermind
Krious

RPG character

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:29 am

If you'd have a larger version of that picture it would certainly make it easier. The colour of the background is very similar to the character at certain points, but I'm willing to try.

EDIT:
Yes it was harder then usual, yet surprisingly easier then I expected. This is the result, you be the judge:

Spoiler:

Emblem did whisper to me that he'd like these pics to include 'mugshots', i.e face close ups. I don't think this one is bad or anything, but to go with the rest I would've zoomed more to his face, which is next to impossible without a loss of quality with the picture I just used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Custom Avatars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Avatars   Custom Avatars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Avatars
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next