Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Masters Report 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Masters Report 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Masters Report 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Masters Report 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Masters Report 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Masters Report 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Masters Report 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Masters Report 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Masters Report 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 40 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Masters Report 2 Vote_lcapMasters Report 2 Voting_barMasters Report 2 Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Masters Report 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Masters Report 2 Empty
PostSubject: Masters Report 2   Masters Report 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 11:43 pm

It's time for the next exciting installment of Jump City's news station to keep you up to date on current events with reliable, indepth sources! With your host with the most to say about what's happening in this fair city, it's Mitch Masters! The lights would come on with cameras focus on the man himself. "Ladies and gentlemen... I warned you all. Our relatively peaceful and safe city has now become a hotspot for superpowered vigilantes and villains once more! But I do have what I hope will be good news for us all, and would like to introduce our guest, a young mister Daniel Isiah Mercier!" Masters introduced a dark haired young man sitting by the desk as the camera shifted over.

"Hello, I'm honored to be here and hopefully alleviate some of the concerns on your mind this evening," Daniel smiled, adjusting his glasses. He was dressed in some kind of army jacket with an unusual symbol or badge emblazoned on part of the chest.

"We'll see- now ladies and gentlemen, this is something of quite some significance. As if unless I am mistaken, YOU are a metahuman- correct?" Masters said double checking one of his notes, emphasizing his question.

"That is correct, a rather fortunate occurrence but one that comes with a lot of responsibility," Daniel said without missing a beat, he already knew well of what he was getting himself into by not only admitting what he was, but also coming HERE as a guest. But unfortunately he wasn't here to talk about himself or his life.

"It's refreshing to hear you say that. Yes that's right folks, we have our very first meta here at the station tonight! Long have I waited for a chance like this, but be that as it may- I would much prefer if it were one of those Teen Titans," there was some sincere glee to what he was saying. "You must think you're quite something special to be able to so boldly come to my station, knowing my stance on your kind," Masters continued, finally pausing to give Daniel a chance to respond and in his mind, make a mistake.

"As much as I would like to, that would dishonor the fine men and women I work with who like me, seek to protect this fine country from threats abroad and within. If you take away my powers, I would be no different from them in that regard," Daniel said humbly, avoiding the trap. He did like to talk about himself sometimes, but it rarely had to do with his powers anyway. In any case, his response seemed to upset Masters who had been hoping for something else.

"Ah yes- the one shred of hope and good news. But I must admit, I had been looking forward to... more relatable men and women," Masters said easing up on the aggression so he could think of something else, shifting through his papers. "The one good thing I can say, is that it's government funded, and even if metas like yourself can enlist, that makes me feel relieved to know you'll be under their guidance," Masters continued, pausing once more for Daniel.

"Yes! The American Research Group Uniting Superhumans, or ARGUS for short," Daniel perked up when the reason he was actually here was finally brought up. "It's also called The ARGUS Initiative up on capitol hill, as it's still in the development phases. I can't go into too many details as of this time due to matters of security, but I can try to answer any questions you might have sir," Daniel was practically beaming now, and this made Masters just alittle uncomfortable.

"V-very good... I've actually prepared a few here. Right, so what is the ARGUS Initiative? Is it just some pet project using tax payers dollars for scientists to sit around doing nothing?" Masters recovered his composure.

"I can't say too much about that on a personal level, as I'm not part of that division. The primary function of ARGUS will be to provide better equipped and trained personnel for dealing with Superhuman threats; think of it as a National Guard but more specialized to handle more tenuous problems to our country's well being," Daniel replied sincerely.

"So some within ARGUS ARE scientists?" Masters followed up quickly.

"Correct. Because of how varied powers of some metahumans can be, it takes only the finest minds being able to come together and develop new technologies or equipment to be used to achieve our goal of bringing peace and security to our country," Daniel replied adjusting his glasses again.

"I must admit, when I first read the acronym out loud, I was skeptical- before your admission of being a metahuman on top of that. But hearing this, I like what I hear. Anyway next question! Superpowered vigilantism has been a problem for some time, not just here in Jump City but all over our country. Why just recently, the police station it was attacked in broad daylight! What assurance can you give us that you'll be able to do any better than our own local law enforcement?" Masters asked seriously, referring to a recent incident involving some of the new "teen titans" and a semi-known supervillain known as Mammoth.

"As I mentioned, metahumans differ in their power, appearance and talents. With some good ol' american cutting edge technology, disciplined men and women, and also patriotic metahumans who with the guidance of ARGUS, we will rise to any challenge. There is another more tangible reason, but to maintain his privacy I cannot specifically name him. However, I can safely tell you that he has assisted in renovations for various prisons, and also helped in facilitating the mass production of more potent energy weapons and equipment for local law enforcement. Which I add, are only so effective against so many kinds of superhumans," Daniel replied, being sincere rather than trying to play on Masters or his listeners' patriotism.

Masters clenched his jaw for a moment, not having anything to add or follow that up with for a moment. "Well, if they're as talented as you claim and based on these advancements, we'll just have wait and see how you fare. It does definitely make me feel alittle safer knowing that this will all be overseen by our very own," Masters made a mental note to have someone look into that, knowing alittle more than most people on the development of the local prison, and use of law enforcement robots. He didn't have a name, nor did he know that the person behind those would also be involved with ARGUS.

"It's unfortunate that it's taken you this long to get the go ahead. You mentioned that ARGUS is still in it's early development phases. I trust then that you are aware of the alien attack on Steel City that happened recently? If ARGUS was in an acceptable operating state, would you also offer support in protecting our cities against alien invaders?" Masters asked curiously, changing focus away from metahumans... for now.

"I was actually there at Steel City when this happened, and I joined the local authorities in fending them off. While ARGUS like the national guard won't be answering every single crime better suited for the police to handle, I can personally assure you that if I am nearby that I'll do my best to help!" Daniel replied enthusiastically, unable to keep himself from posing alittle heroically with a thumbs up. "Apologies, to answer your question more concisely, yes. While our immediate goal is to build a safer future in a world shared with superhumans, we will also be trying to better combat paranormal or extraterrestrial threats that may plague our great country- hopefully with the assistance of willing metahumans," Daniel settled back into his seat. Masters was actually surprised for a moment.

"Right... one last question before we move on. With one of the implied goals of ARGUS to recruit metahumans to serve their country, what is ARGUS' stance on superpowered vigilantes? Or to be more precise, does ARGUS have any plans to crack down on non-sactioned meta vigilantes?" Masters asked with some bitterness in his voice, loosely referring to those not part of the Teen Titans.

"While I am here to speak to you on behalf of ARGUS, I sadly can't say for sure one way or the other. In my own personal opinion, I would hope we could recruit them to our cause so as to mitigate some of the damage their good intentions may cause. But this would be on a case to case basis, and some days are worse than others. That is just MY opinion, and should not be taken as an accurate assessment of my superiors' opinions," Daniel said finally alittle slower, having to actually think about his answer for a moment.

"Your opinion has been noted. Now then, with what you've told me, I can't say I'm personally satisfied with what the people in their ivory towers think is in our best interests. This sounds like another waste of taxpayers money. It also still concerns me that ARGUS is even encouraging metahumans to join their ranks, and while I would like to press you for a few more answers on the name of the big cheese of ARGUS among others, we sadly must move on. We have a few things to cover here tonight..." Masters said shifting through the papers on his desk once more, finding the first one to start with.

"So as I briefly touched upon earlier, recently our very own police station fell under attack- in broad daylight no less! While specific details are scarce, our sources do tell us that it was between a couple of the new Teen Titans and the supervillain Mammoth. So when I say I'm skeptical that you'll do any better than our own police, it is for reasons like this. These so called 'state of the art' weapons you mentioned, don't seem to me like they do very much if a single supervillain can get into a fist fight with two other metas right outside of the station. What do you have to say to that?" Masters rattled off before turning his focus back to Daniel.

"While it is the job of police to secure and protect, it is not in their training or job description to put out fires- we have firefighters for that. But much like that, the tools at the police's disposal can only do so much. From what little I know, Mammoth has threatened Jump City more than once correct? One other problem law enforcement faces, is their equipment being up to date and suited for the task at hand. There was some friction and concerns over the use of robots to be used in place of SWAT teams or as first responders for metahuman threats. Would you enjoy living in a city where tanks and helicopters are on constant patrol? Would that not keep you on edge?" Daniel replied with his usual smile.

"Gun laws here in Cali ARE kinda strict, and traffic is already a nightmare some days. I woud NOT want there to be tanks on top of that. Speaking of Guns, did you know one of these so called Teen Titans has a rifle? What're your thoughts on that?" Masters frowned but pressed on.

"That is unusual based on past titans, though it isn't the strangest by any stretch of the imagination. I do feel like it's more evidence that you don't need superpowers to be a hero, however," Daniel said thoughtfully, not even trying to jab at Masters but the man seemed to take it as such for a brief moment.

"That may be so, but I'd still sleep better at night the fewer 'titans' there were. There was an alien cat fight between some blonde and someone in a spacesuit, eye witnesses say it was over some boy- also apparently this being spoke directly in their minds. Now THAT's a scary thing to imagine, I have trouble sleeping at night as it is with the metas we have. But to know there's some that can get inside your head?" Masters shivered.

"I wouldn't want that either... not without my consent anyway," Daniel chimed in.

"Oh? You'd let a fellow meta in your head?" Masters latched onto that immediately.

"Unfortunately that is the only way that one could go about that," Daniel said honestly. Masters relented on that.

"Well, other than that... we have some reports on what on the surface appears to domestic terrorism fueled by rebellious anarchists envious of those better of than them! I'm speaking of course of the explosions causing thousands of dollars in private and public property damage. Authorities have been very tight lipped on that, and have also been tight lipped on a mysterious military group attacking these so called titans in broad daylight. Now... I may not approve of the existence of these teen titans and how they go about trying to 'protect' the city. But there is no denying that once this new team of superpowered menaces moved into that giant eyesore, we've had more cases of property damage, injury and crime than ever before! How're we supposed to go about our lives knowing that it's only a matter of time that we'll be in the wrong place at the right time when these teen titans bring along the destructive disorder that goes where they go?" Masters rattled off again, taking a breath before focusing back on Daniel for his input.

"I try to find the good in people, and not to judge. I will not deny it is most vexxing to think about, that your entire life could be flipped upside down when superpowered beings get into a fight. Not excluding the possibility that one could be listening to your thoughts, there is still plenty other reasons to perserve. If you allow yourself to always live in fear of what MAY happen, you will become a prisoner and never want to try living your life. That is why it is so important to me to see this through. I want to give people peace of mind and help them free themselves of their fear of superhumans, and they are people like us. There will always be good people, and people who have lost their way," Daniel said seriously, frowning slightly. It actually did upset him knowing that there were entire groups devoted to hating what he was.

"I'd agree with you more if not for the fact that it's so much easier for superhumans to push the rest of us around with seemingly no consequences. However, it's clear that you believe what you're saying and it's hard for me to dispute that," Masters admitted before setting his papers down on the desk, "Well that's all the time we have tonight. It unfortunately looks like these new teen titans are going to be here for awhile, and it is still in my professional opinion that things would be much better without them, not everything is all bad. The Government is throwing us a bone and looking to do something about these kinds of threats. Will they succeed? If they share this young man's zeal, powers or not, we can hope. This is Mitch Masters, signing out!" Masters wrapped things up, and bid his audience goodnight before the lights dimmed.
Back to top Go down

Masters Report 2
Page 1 of 1