Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 46 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 46 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Vote_lcapIf a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Voting_barIf a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Vote_rcap 
Moon
If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Vote_lcapIf a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Voting_barIf a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)

Go down 
+3
Glenn
Emblem
Ninja
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Spider Queen
Spider Queen
Ninja

RPG character
Name: Adrien/Eunji Jeong
Code Name: Sound Manipulation/ Sound Absorption
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Empty
PostSubject: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 2:44 am

Spoiler:

A rock bounced and skidded across other rocks and broken patches of concrete before coming to a halt, only to collide with the same boot that had sent it flying the first time. “But like..what if we actually see something~” The boot was attached to a girl with long brown hair, that was acting a bit too giddy to try and hide the fact she was actually scared.
“Dude, we’re not even at the cabin yet..don’t start with that shit.” A taller and lankier boy, with dirty blonde hair a bit too long as it almost covered his eyes, spoke up, irritated already, carrying a cooler on his shoulder.
In total it was eight teenagers walking down the rocky path towards a campsite for a day of fun, relaxation and booze. One boy stood out, his hair dark and shaggy hiding under a black chunky beanie, and his eye like an amethyst. He was walking behind the group, earbuds blaring music into his ears and his hands in his jacket pocket. He had been talked into coming by his one and only friend Marcus, the one who was leading in the front of the group. Who actually glanced back to check on everyone and noticed his quiet friend being his usual self, wthdrawn and quiet. He slowed his pace to meet up with his reclusive chum and wrapped an arm around Adrien’s shoulders. “Come ooooon man. At least try to have a good time.” Adrien raised an eye brow but kept silent, he didn’t even wanna come out here, not that he wouldn’t like camping, or free booze, or relaxation...it was the unnecessary company.

“Hey look! There they are!” One of the girls pointed towards the small cabins up ahead adorned with picnic tables.

They all started to unpack and some of them even unwind, pulling out beers and snacks, even though most of them weren’t old enough to drink, but hey you gotta live a little, and this was living for kids, or so they thought that’s what this was.
Adrien sat down underneath a nearby oak and pulled out his pocket knife away from the group. He noticed in his left peripheral vision a small thick branch and picked it up. He looked on as the rest of them were laughing playing around, just because one didn’t smile, didn’t mean he wasn’t content. He was an observer, he liked to listen and watch.

He peeled off the last chip of wood on his little creation and held up his little figurine of a howling wolf. “ADRIEN!” He heard one of the girls yell his name which caught his focus. “Come eat! The bbq is ready!!” He dusted himself off then shoved the figurine in his pocket. Just as he took a few steps he heard something...movement..behind him? He spun around to scrutinize his surroundings and see if he could pinpoint where the sound was coming from. It didn’t sound like a small scurrying animal, or even human. Was it coming from below? But it stopped, had he imagined it? He turned back to the group slowly, and as soon his back was turned the rumbling started again and this time more intense! The ground shook, but how could this be? This wasn’t an earthquake, he could feel it, something was traveling through the ground and it was only until ground began to break open that the cause was revealed. Roots shot up from the ground all around the teens, causing all of them to panic and scream, a few of them lost their footing and others were to frozen to move. Adrien felt a root wrap around his ankle and he struggled to break free. He leaned down and grabbed it before sending a blast through it which loosened its grasp on him. “Sacrifices....” it sounded like a raspy whisper on the wind rustling through the trees. “The ritual demands....sacrifices..” The clouds above them began to circle and swirl around as if a storm was brewing. Adrien spun back around just in time to see more roots emerge and begin to intertwining, forming and growing into a silhouette that almost looked human. The roots then began to separate, but as they did a bearded figure with glowing red eyes stepped out. “You lot...will work just fine....The Green demands sacrifices..”

Last edited by Ninja on Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 9:06 am

If anything, Emblem hated this part of his journey most. I mean, who would spoil the ending so soon? Where was the fun in that!?

He had been investigating this mysterious power for a while, and even made a business trip away from Steel in order to research it close up. If the prospects didn’t look as promising as they did, he might have let it all together. You see, the Devil’s Bookkeep had heard talk about this -possibly- magical power. While this was not necessarily enough to go on, it seemed that this power was strong enough to be interesting. He could learn from it. He might even stand to gain something powerful from it. It was too good a deal to pass up.

Days had passed and the Firebrand had searched the wilds high and low for this magical power. When he had donned the mask of the Kei’ Moro, he had felt a lead. As he closed in on his target, his heart pounded vibrantly in his chest. A chase, a hunt! How good it was to get out of the city indeed!

Yet all this excitement was taken away as the hunt was ended prematurely. His opponent revealed itself as a humanoid silhouette. It demanded sacrifice. It’s eyes were red. Several hypotheses spun from the mind of the Firebrand. Was it perhaps, demonic? He recalled several similar instances of dealing with demons from the Infinimagus reserve, yet it was way too soon to tell.

Then, it became even more clear. It demanded sacrifice. From afar, Emblem noticed that one child was able to fend off a root branch using a blast of some sort. Emblem made a mental note of this and closed in on the threat. As the mask kept sending him information, Emblem came to one simple conclusion. If this entity was to complete a sacrificial ritual, it might become too strong for the Infinimagus to deal with. This trip would have been for naught. This place wasn’t his preferred arena, but he would have to manage. There was enough to burn here anyway.

Emblem put down his small backpack and grabbed his twin Collapse axes. He hadn’t a reason to flare them to life just yet, but this situation did demand swift action. While he wouldn’t have to worry about being identified due to the mask, he had to make a choice.

Either kill the sacrificial lambs, or deal with the entity now.

He hated dealing without proper information. For a split second he imagined killing the children, just to shut their panicked screams down. One thing seemed to change the balance. There was a gifted one among them. He had no idea what this gift might be (yet) or if the child was useful in any way. Yet if he was to fight the Green entity anyway to test it’s strength, he might as well do it now.
With a large swing from his right arm, Emblem hurled one of his trusted axes toward a vine that was about to grasp one of the other children. Under his breath, he whispered.

'Catch!'

As it spun, the axe erupted into flame and sheared through the vine without much effort. In an effort to stay hidden, the Dealer of Death flicked his lighter and quickly drew a runic sign with his left fingers, before tapping the ground. The flame disappeared and reappeared under another root, perpendicular. After a small window, flames erupted from the root, burning it to cinders. The pillar itself disappeared quickly but as it was perpendicular to the flaming axe, it might conceal the Firebrand for just a moment longer.

He would find out soon enough anyway. The board was set and the pieces had moved once again.
Back to top Go down
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character
Name: Elatiana Theya
Code Name: Entropy

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 3:46 pm

Man, I thought jump city was gonna be hot shit. Jayce said it was gonna be hot shit. This isn't hot shit! Argh! A frustrated woman growled out, the manic look of boredom clear as day. She'd been here for the better part of three days and nothing. Not a single supervillain, not a single super hero. Hell, not even a single goddamn bank robbery! She was on the utter verge of just saying fuck it, caught it on the edge of her lips, as she felt a weird rumble, eyes looking down at the dirt. "Th' shit? Izz'er an earthquake or somethin?" She looked around with a cautious little blink. "This is Cali after all. Wouldn't surprise me. Why anyone would put a state on a literal fuckin fault line. Is beyond me.~"

Patting her pants down she pulled out a small baggie of green buds and grinned widely at the little bag sporting a samurai mask. "Good green though." She held it up, noticing the sky turning overcast and sighed. "Ah, that was also probably what was missing. The depressingly overcast sky. Now it's like being in a slightly more LGBTQ, slightly more boring, steel city.

Then she saw the ground shift and squirm, like something was moving underneath. "Now tha's curious yeah?" And like that, she felt like following the movement. Figured it was better than nothing as she took off in a dead sprint. Right into the woods with a slowly growing grin on her face, not quite manic, but, gleeful. Something was going down right now, and she figured whatever it was, she was gonna fuck around and find out as she vaulted over a dead tree, launched through underbrush and leap frogged over a boulder.

Then she heard the screams. Blinked a few times and brought a full smile to her lips. That sounded like a trouble scream and trouble screams meant.... "Somethin to fiiiiight~" She'd do a little jig, if she wasn't preoccupied with keeping up with the vines, at least, until she saw the first sprinkle of light through the trees she could recognize and as she got closer, she blinked. "Now that's not normal." Panzer noticed the flaming pillar, all attention pulled towards the spectacle, before looking around, spotting the red-eyed old man and launched herself into another dead sprint, clearing a good five meters before she threw herself into the air with an impressive leap, to let momentum and gravity carry her up and down towards him. "Heeeeeyyyyyyyy-ooo th' hell're you supposed ta be!" Left fist pulled back as she launched a flying left straight for his face. "Other than about to be laid out!"
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
JaK

RPG character
Name: The Heir of Excalibur
Code Name: The Heir
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 5:32 pm

And what is this event called you youths are attending?

A camping trip - Y'know outdoors? Hiking in the woods? Jessica thought within her mind as she looked at the long suitcase she had packed. Transporting a centuries old broadsword was a pain but leaving it at home for her parents to find would be even worse. Also Excalibur had demanded the young girl bring it along for safety reasons. She told everyone that she was carrying fishing rods within the long casing for the trip.

Spoiler:

Really? The youth treat wandering the wilderness as spectacle now? I have been away from civilization for too long it seems. I would think it to be a basic skill of survival to posses the ability to navigate and hunt. Strange.

No, what's strange is that I have a talking sword that weighs as much as a plastic lightsaber with me on a camping trip.

I Assure you no one can hear me except my Heir, which is you at this time young Jessica Jin.

Jessica was a 5 foot 3, half Asian American teenager, with a slender frame and shoulder length hair. She had agreed to go on the camping trip because there was a cute boy here that she had liked for a while now and thought this would be a good way to get to know him. She had a hard time dating due to her disability. The girl was nearly deaf from an accident involving her shooting off her father's gun next to her head when she was very young. Her cochlear implants were barely noticeable but still she felt as if most boys wouldn't want to deal with trying to conversate with a near deaf girl. Especially when there were prettier girls without...issues. Then there was finding this sword, which would surely make her even more weird if anyone found out about it.

The sentient sword claimed to be Excalibur, which she had learned about in school but so far it had been more condescending than knightly or anything resembling what she had learned. However Jessica couldn't just get rid of Excalibur because it was the only thing in the world she felt she could talk to normally. Excalibur didn't see Jessica as helpless, weak, broken or anything but it's heir.

Look Excalibur I need you to stay out of my head for a bit. We've made it to where were staying and I want to---

You want to try courting that boy. The one that's very quiet?

Jessica suddenly turned red. "Shut up," she whispered.

A maiden courting a male, I applaud your initiative Jessica. You truly are a worthy heir.

I'm going to take that as some weird compliment and your blessing to leave you here with the other bags. Jessica dropped the long case next to the other pile of backpacks and suitcases by the cabin door which the teens would return to unpack later.

Be on your guard my young heir? This area feels...ominous.

Yes, yes dad. I'll be back before it gets too late as well. Jessica ran down to where the others were and began to try to concoct a plan to speak to Adrien, the boy who didn't even know she existed. However, the chance never presented itself as she and everyone else were attacked by plant roots?

Jessica screamed and flailed like the others within the grasp of the possessed foliage but was rescued somehow when the root ensnaring her was sliced by a flaming object. Jessica was panicking too much to pay attention to her surroundings. Who had saved her? What had happened to Adrien or any of the others? Instead she solely focused on getting to the cabin, where Excalibur lay in wait. She crawled away from the fight towards the sword. Towards Excalibur, who was yelling into her mind;

COME! Come to me Jessica, the time has come my heir! Unsheathe me and call my name to unleash my power!

No, No, No, Excalibur I'm scared, I'm SO SCARED I don't want to die! Hot tears streamed down her face as she fumbled around with the case's lock.

Steel your resolve girl. You are my heir and your peers are in great peril as is your chosen beloved. To save them all and smote the evil that stand before you, you only need grasp me firmly into your hands. And I will deliver you all to safety.

Jessica nodded. She wanted this to end and to end fast, and Excalibur was promising to save them. Jessica opened the case and hesitated as she pulled the old sword from it. That's also when she heard another person yelling out. Someone else had come but there was no time to see what was going on... "Okay, okay, now what?!" Jessica said between labored breaths.

Now raise me into the sky and call my name with all your might. State aloud the desire that you want granted most in this world! Now Child! Do it!

Jessica stood up and lifted the sword up with both hands. "EXCALIBURRRR, Save us!!" The deaf girls eyes suddenly turned bright gold as she grew an entire foot and started to inflate muscle in key areas of her body. Her hair shifted faster than the gusting winds into a plethora of pure white strands, and her demeanor shifted from a shivering adolescent to a confident and poised woman. "Scoundrels," The heir hollered as Excalibur took full possession of the teenager's mind. "Release those children and face me!"

The heir of Excalibur saw burning axes, robotic limbs, and red eyed humanoids. It mattered not who was good or evil for to Excalibur each was a foe that he would slay without fail. The heir lifted the sword into an Ox pose and charged towards the enemies in question. Whoever approached first was the one that would get cut down - whether that be Panzer, Emblem, or the creature mattered not as long as the mission was carried out. Jessica had not noticed Adrien's ability before transforming into the Heir however and thus Adrien was currently not a target but a victim to Excalibur.
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 1:56 am

If nothing else, it was a nice place to go for a walk.

As she walked through the orange leaves both above and below, the hybrid Charlotte took great delight in seeing the kind of views she'd previously only ever seen through other people's eyes. Now she was getting to see it firsthand. The bright orange color, the crisp air, the sound and feeling of the leaves crunching beneath her feet; no wonder people would come here for walks. Smiling peacefully at the calm atmosphere, the young, horned maiden had decided to spend the last hour or so roaming the wood. Maybe she would spend an hour more. More pressing issues could wait, and everything else was put on hold as she spent her time enjoying these moments. The only thing that brought any kind of interruption to this moment was the reminder that she would still need to eat at some point, as well as find a place to sleep each night. Maybe some of these plants were edible...

But then something else managed to disturb the peace and quiet; a distant rumble followed by screams and shouts grabbed her attention. The sky turned sour as the weather shifted suddenly. What was all that about? Whatever disturbance was happening was deeper into the wood than she could see at first, so with a hand placed to her temple Charlotte cast a spell of clairvoyance to view whatever that was. What she saw only raised more questions.

Half a dozen youth, a bearded man with terrible gaze, a woman with terrible manners rushing to attack him, someone setting fires, and right before her eyes one of the youth drew her sword and transformed. That looked like a fight, and one with absolutely no indication to Charlotte as to what the context was. Who started it? Who was in the right and who was not? What was going on? There was no clear indicator as to the story behind it from Charlotte's point of view. The only thing she managed to pick out of the event that gave her an indication of what she should do was a very simple dividing factor: Who was looking to fight, and who was not?

Everyone that seemed looking to fight was addressing the old man, and everyone looking terrified seemed afraid of the old man. Charlotte was no warrior and she knew this perfectly well; but with a very clear line between combatants and non-combatants Charlotte started to feel panicked as her mind raced to figure out if and how she should get involved. What was the wisest thing to do here? It took her a second to come up with something, but she did decide on a course of action. She was no warrior, but neither many of the youth caught in the middle of it. The least she could do was give them the best possible chance to escape. And so again she began to chant a spell, focusing with her hand outstretched beside her and eyes trained on the panicked teens.

From their perspective the world would warp behind them, in the opposite direction of the creepy old man. An event horizon formed of an orb of warped space, a wormhole portal which offered a means of quickly fleeing made itself a perfect opportunity to any of the teens that didn't want anything to do with this scenario. The other end of the portal was at Charlotte's current location, and she silently but desperately beckoned them to rush through. "Hurry!" her expression read as her eyes gazed through, her arm swinging repeatedly for them to follow. If this was not their fight, they did not have to stick around to see how it ended.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Spider Queen
Spider Queen
Ninja

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 1:00 am

The girl that was freed from the vine’s grasp with a fiery split of an axe ran as soon as she was freed, if she would manage to escape the forest’s grasp was another story. Adrien watched her escape, not remembering if she had come with the original group or not, his focus was then caught and aimed towards his best friend Marcus who was panicking and squirming as he was getting wrapped up, the roots almost devouring him into the earth. “Marcus!” He tried to act fast, placing his hands on the ground he unleashed a directed sound wave towards the base of the intertwining greenery, the concentrated area vibrated and shook with a level 6 magnitude in a small radius. It looked like it was working...until a tree itself began to sway as if it was coming to life. In fact the whole forest seemed to be waking up in a violent roar. Adrien raised his arm to shield his eye as a pillar of fire erupted close, freeing his friend from the roots’ hold on him. But who caused the eruption? Finally focusing Adrien could sense it...a presence, no.. multiple...but through all the chaos and commotion he could not pinpoint them.

“The Green....” The old man continued to press forward towards the teens, the foliage moving with him as if they were one. Suddenly as he took another step a voice greeted him and attached to it a soaring knuckle sandwich aimed straight at his face. It collided with damaging impact. The old Druid stumbled backwards before catching himself. He flopped forward like a dummy on strings, and his face was now practically indistinguishable, splinters, wood chips and fragmented wood in its place. Suddenly behind him, two more identical silhouettes of Blackbriar took form.

Adrien turned to hear a voice after helping his friend stand and eagerly pushing him to run. “Scroundrels,” Adrien turned around to see an image of a white haired woman brandishing a long sword. Who the hell was she? Well, if she was there to help, i guess who she was didn’t matter.

Suddenly another contestant entered the battlefield, but she didn’t seem to be jumping into the fray like the others, more as trying to help the teens escape. Which was a relief to Adrien if they could get his friends to safety. He made that his priority. “..Come on.” He pulled on Marcus’s arm and led him towards the portal, and he was glad to see that a few of the other teens had noticed it as well...but so had Blackbriar. Trees began to creep across the forest floor towards the portals to stop anyone from going through. Adrien broke into a sprint and lunged himself at one of the Birch trees that had already reached the cast spell to safety. Taking hold of its trunk, he poured infrasound waves into its trunk, shaking its inner rings, he intensified the energy as much as he could and soon the trunk began to splinter and break apart from the inside-out. Adrien tried to hold it as long as he could, it was working, he then felt his hands break through to the other side, splitting the mighty birch in half.  

“Since when could you do that..” Marcus spoke up, watching the whole time in disbelief.
Adrien propped himself on his knees, it was noticeable using that much energy drained him, as he tried to hide his labored breath. “Go...” He commanded, and although hesitating, still wanting an answer, Marcus nodded and ran through the portal. One down...

Before he could have another second to catch his breath, the other trees had caught up, one...two...three, four, five...damn. Never in his life did he imagine he’d be fighting Mother Nature like this.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 4:42 am

The tremors and disturbances from the forest had caught quite a few people's attention. Including that of Rico, who had been working to protect Jump City and other parts of California for a long while now. So naturally, Rico was on her way to the area as soon as she could get there. Luckily, she had recently purchased a motorcycle. It was a dangerous vehicle, but it would also help her navigate the treeline considerably more efficiently than in their car.

And so it was that Rico was weaving through the trees on the motorcycle. It wasn't necessarily built for off-roading, but it seemed to be doing well as long as Rico was careful enough with her driving. Soon enough, she arrived on the scene, where it quickly became apparent what was causing all the commotion in the forest. Well... at least what the commotion was. Several individuals, likely metahumans or some other kind of powered person. She saw some of them in action and her thoughts began racing as she analyzed.

That one is causing the trees to disassemble. Maybe a vibration-based ability, or molecular decomposition.
He's using fire to enhance his attacks, and from the looks of the scorch marks around here, he seems to be able to use it quite well.
She has artificial limbs. Likely enhanced cybernetics and technology. That could be quite interesting! Maybe I'll run into her later!
And she's...

Rico paused lightly as she looked at the girl with the white hair and the well-toned body. ...we'll get back to her. She took note of the old druid and the portal, and through the other side, she saw a familiar face! She smiled brightly and waved at Charlotte through the portal. Did she create it? So many curious people! They were all attacking the druid or the tree roots... could he be the cause?

Rico dismounted the motorcycle, unfolding the Killer Queen from its case and then pointing its tip into the ground. She twisted the motorcycle handbrake that was on the blade, and it lit ablaze. "Don't you have any shame? California has enough of a problem with wildfires as it is...! And now I have to burn what little of the forests remain?" she said, to no one in particular. And she would work to free any remaining teens that were trapped by vines or trees, utilizing the special fuel in her sword to burn them away. If a tree approached, she clenched the fist of her demon arm and would punch it strong enough to send it flying. Trying not to launch it at anyone who was helping out.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 5:20 am

Emblem was used to commotion and chaos, but he had not expected a forest encounter to instantly churn out so many…people. Then again, these weren’t just people. There was some serious power here.

The Firebrand was surprised to find the one named Panzer here. He was away from Steel, but it seemed Steel wouldn’t ever really leave. Just what in the blazes was a high profile cyborg like that doing here? In his original plans, he hadn’t yet found a real use for any gang affiliation. He had missed the spark of learning from many of these thugs, and it seemed that he wouldn’t want to do with the extra heat affiliation brought with it. Although the perks might be enticing, he might have to reevaluate. One thing was clear as he saw through the eyes of Kei…he would not be able to deal with her. Not here. Not like this. Instinctively, Emblem send out a line of his Linkpearl to see if Panzer had some sort of communicating implant. He wouldn’t be surprised, it seemed she was decked out for just about everything. He supposed she wasn’t a big of a talker as she was a fighter, but he could always use a new contact.

And as the seconds preciously ticked on, surprises grew and grew for the Devil’s bookkeep. How was it that he was looking for more powerful magics and found a supposed sword of legend instead? Attached to a young girl perhaps, but it was clear that this sword, like Woeborn’ Folly at the bookshop, had a -rather invasive-mind of its own. With his magical eyes, Emblem could spend a lot of time properly identifying this weapon. It would have to wait.

He would have to pay more attention to children it seemed. It seemed counterintuitive, but apparently they are amazing treasure hunters.

And then, portals. Within milliseconds, information flashed before his eyes in every increasing waves. The spellcaster was not close by, but this spell was an escape rope from harm for the kids. The Firebrand supposed that those chess pieces might soon be off the board, saving him the choice of stopping a sacrifice the child-murdering way. Mentally, Emblem instructed the Kei’Moro to save the collected information. He could learn from it later. Yet one sliver of information presented itself that he did not like: He was had. Someone of this ragtag bunch of entities knew where he was.

His quarry was not about to let his sacrificial lambs escape. As the clouds kept swirling above, Blackbriar utilized trees to hinder any escape. Emblem knew his hiding place would be useless sooner or later. Either his cover would walk away or Blackbriar would sense him surely. Emblem jumped out of cover and slowly but surely made his way over to the gifted youngster. There was no need to rush and his Mask would hopefully be enough to conceal his identity for now. It was never wise to play all his cards.

As his thrown axe magically made his way back to his outstretched hand, Emblem retrieved its twin. Brandishing both bearded axes, spark struck off, which turned into small cinders, swirling around the Firebrand. More and more fire was collected, until the Fiery battlemage willed them towards the moving trees. In an intricate pattern of swirling fire, two of the trees instantly lit up in flames. As vines stretched out, a quick circular swing of both axes mixed and cut them off. Emblem loved the dance of fiery death as his white hair brushed against the mask.. How fortunate he was to be facing trees! How they -whooshed- when touched by his mastery, his gift!

From the swirling lines of flame smaller tentacles peeled off to intercept roots, yet Emblem did foresee one minor detail. He could light the whole place on fire, but that would not get him close to understanding Blackbriar, let alone attaining some of that elemental power. It was also unwise to force his hand. It might save some children sure, but it could draw much unwanted attention.
Back to top Go down
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character
Name: Elatiana Theya
Code Name: Entropy

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2021 11:58 pm

Panzer was, of course, having herself a right old ball of a time. The rabble rousing chaos was par for the course as the woman looked from her fist, to the druids complexion of broken woodwork, back to her fist; smiled and launched herself forward, head tucked behind metal fists as she came in low, fired off a flurry of four jabs with her right, and took note of the two identical figures behind him as she finished up the fourth, by shooting that same hand out to shove the wooden effigy back, deploy her left with a manic grin, as a twinkling little corona of light formed in her palm as she fired off a strikingly emerald pulse of energy. Or would have liked to, but instead, all she got was a standard shot. A faint green sheen of energy that zipped out of her palm and towards the trio of wooden weirdos.

Then she got a little buzzy buzz in her ear, kind of a tickle even, as she got slammed by a braided bundle of roots and vines, that sent the Steel city tank careening back a good five meters through several trees.

She was of course, less than thrilled, embarrassed and annoyed all at the same time. "Fuckin... performance issues. Swear, this has never happened before in my life." Then she answered the itch. "Fred's roadkill cafe, hot and tender, right off the fender, how are you this evening?" Brushing herself off, even going so far as to flick a few casual leaves off her shoulder as she geared up to go punch the druids three again. "We are currently experiencing a heavy service load, so if you could make it quick. What can I do ya for? cause I gotta find who burnt my wooden spoon and ask em for a light." But on second thought, decided to take a slight smoke break right there, fishing a cigarette and her zippo out of her pants. The subtle click, flick and fwoosh of a small flame illuminated her face as she pulled a drag, exhaled. "Nah I'm just fuckin with ya. I'm fighting some weird druid thing. So, who're you, and, can you light me on fire by chance?"

Hey, it never hurt to ask. Unknown caller. Could have a flamethrower, or some spare incendiary mortars. Or powers. She wasn't picky on what set her on fire, just that she got a little fwoosh-fwoosh action, and soon. "I gotta wittle this crotchety old pile of kindling a new knot hole."

Then she spotted excalibur and it's heir, tall, well-toned and white hair. Yet something just...didn't sit right with her. Unknown variable, that one, she looked ready to fight anyone that got a touch too close. "Hhn, snow-white looks a little more fight happy than me. Should probably stay off and away from that one." Just because she liked to solve problems with her fists, didn't mean she couldn't figure out an idea. "Probably need to knock that sword out of her hand, but, the druid's wreckin some serious funk with the surroundings. Need to prioritize." She mumbled some more to herself, before, realizing, she's apparently still on call. "Hey, uh, if you're snow-white, forget I said anything. I am most definitely not, gonna slap your subconscious out of your body."

The laughter afterwards, did not, lend any solidity to that promise as she contemplated on redlining her reflex booster, the niggling itch to just push through all safety limits and experience the surrounding world at a cold treacle's pace was right there, begging to be itched. But, she pushed it aside, best save that little surprise for a clutch moment and launched herself back into the fray with an ecstatic little whoop. Right for the druids again.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 10:47 pm

Inferno was enjoying a very nice time at home, which is to say he's been having a good time one way or another with his new girlfriend. THIS time however, he was greatly annoyed to be interupted- the downside of being on call. This either meant The Chief had a bur up his ass, or there was something big going down and they needed his awesome powers to save the day... again.So he begrudgingly cut the couple time short, made a mental note to take an actual entire day off to make up for it later- actually, maybe he could take longer off. He was due vacation days wasn't he? ANYWAY, Inferno got down to the fire department and was quickly brought up to speed.

Explosions, reports of screams, smoke and fires were seen coming from the nearby forest. So it had been a good reason. Because of where it was, water would be difficult to get easily but they had a couple work arounds- and not even Inferno would be able to extinguish an entire forest fire before the fire took care of most of it- limited range and all. For now it seemed like it hadn't had a chance to go out of control yet but time was of the essence. So Inferno suited up, and hopped into the Fire Department's special helicopter designed for such a catastrophe. He'd also be able to get there, and deal with whatever was causing it beyond some drunk kids accidentally starting a forest fire.

And that is where we end up now, with Inferno up above the scene as it unfolded. "See anything Red?"

"Smoke... I ain't got thermal vision bro, just thermal sense. Move over there abit and I'll head out," Inferno was still not as happy to be here as he could be- there better be SOMETHING down there to fight besides fire.

"Wait what- you're not gonna jump are ya?" The Pilot and Inferno both exchanged a look. "Right, stupid question- alright we'll be making a pass after you hop off. Should nip this in the bud, but careful man," The Pilot said flying them over to a more clear area before Inferno jumped out. Then for his descent down, Inferno slowed his fall with... well more fire as it turned out. But once he had gotten close enough to where he wouldn't have broken his legs, fire witin one hundred feet of him would start go out. Something was going down though, from the sounds of it. "What ever you are, you better make it up to me for dragging me out here and away from my bed with a hot salamander girl in it..." Inferno grumbled, emitting fire from his hands and engulfing his body with them as a safety precaution; he needed to get his body physically ready before he got to where the action was. Inferno followed the sounds of fighting, once again extending his range of fire suppression once he had been on fire long enough...
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 11:46 am

‘Oh my, we got ourselves a wordsmith. Nobody ever told me Steel City had urban-savvy poets in it. And here I was, endlessly trying to get some of them to read in my little bookshop.’

Emblem noticed a hook when he had one. She was a talker. As the Firebrand let out another stream of fire from his most exquisite craft, he composed himself for a moment to answer in full. The boy in front of him would be just fine, he guessed. If not, then all the same.

‘The name’s Emblem Trailblazer, and I called to inquire if you are at the current time fighting the same druid I am. For I chance that druids aren’t a dime a dozen, I was going to see if we could perhaps get something out of this mess we found ourselves in.’

Emblem grabbed down in his pocket, then remembered that one small flame wasn’t going to be of much help to the Panzer.

‘Now, if you’ve seen my flaming pillar you might know I can definitely light a fire under your…ahum. Pardon me. Yes, I can bring the heat. Allow me, as a token of gratitude, to throw some your way…’

Emblem lined up a veritable firebolt and chucked it in the general direction of Panzer. He was about 99% sure she would catch it, it had a nice slow arc to it.  

‘There is more where that came from. Oh and about the sword thing….I study artefacts, but I’m sure that the little dame won’t go without a fight. While my hairs are white as snow, the similarities end there. Children shouldn’t play with such dangerous toys.’

As he noticed his fireball travel further and further, The Dealer of Death saw it’s power diminish. His eyes widened behind the mask. This was trouble. His streams of fire, every spun in increasing beauty, also seemed to…stop. Emblem brandished his axes and slashed at a vine that had already seen it’s chance. Already, it was too close for comfort.

‘All right. Pleasantries later, business now. Don’t tell me you’re already absorbing heat. If you are, knock it off. This way, the Druid’s gonna be on our asses in full force.’

Emblem scanned his surroundings frantically, but whatever was stopping his fire, it wasn’t magic. There was going to be hell to pay for the one that did this to him. Now or later.
Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
JaK

RPG character
Name: The Heir of Excalibur
Code Name: The Heir

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 8:27 pm

These mongrels had the audacity to ignore Excalibur's Heir decree herself their enemy. Fine. Then the Heir would talk with the point her blade. A quick surmising of the battlefield revealed the players, their goals, and who the next target should be at the moment for the Heir. In terms of who was most dangerous it was the girl with iron like limbs - quick to violence presumably mentally unstable, the boy who Excalibur's host had determined as a possible love interest and had just displayed super natural abilities, the axe toting masked fire wielder, and finally the main suspect was the woodland creature that seemed to be causing the event and putting the children in harms way. Although the Heir would love to kill every foe that was just mentioned, first and foremost was the protection of mankind; the children must be spared at all cost and currently they were being transported to who knows where.

The Heir made quick work of vines, branches, and all other forms of moving foliage between her and reaching that portal with swift poised slashes. She would leave the gibberish speaking robot girl to confront the old man directly for now and the fire user to back her up, although it appeared the fire user currently was unable to produce much power, was this due to his close approximation to Excalibur? Possibly. Luckily they were receiving aid from yet another odd individual who had just rode into the fray. But there was no time to ponder any new arrivals...

The snow white Heir made her way to the position of two clearly supernatural suspects guiding the children to supposed safety. The boy in question, who she had not ruled out as an accomplice to the forest druid and a sort of nymph creature she could see guiding children to the other side of the portal. "Speak fast and plainly, I am one to flay my foes before inquiring their means and ends but this situation involves young ones. What is your affiliation to that thing and this monstrosity boy," the Heir was clearly referring to Charlotte as the monstrosity "and where are you taking these children?" This inquiry was directed to both of them. To illustrate her point the Heir paused as a tree toppled over in their direction and assumed the oberhut sword pose. The holy sword Excalibur glinted a golden hue before carving through the large tree with minimal effort. The tree was severed cleanly and fell on separate sides of the portal. The woman then turned and pointed her weapon first at the boy and then Charlotte. "Speak! If I suspect you're in league with the forest creature your end will come as the last word parts your lips."
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 9:15 pm

Though the image that came through was distorted somewhat, Charlotte was able to see and hear through the portal as the commotion unfolded. More and more, the other side of it was looking like a battlefield as men and women of violent persuasion came together in this hotspot of conflict. And with all those fires, it was only getting hotter. One of the teens made it through as Charlotte reached out her hands to take them along and directing him in the opposite direction of the conflict. No words were spoken from the young caster, only a push and a point. Go. Get as far as you can to safety.

To her dissatisfaction, the others where blocked and grasped by more vines erupting from the ground to stop them. But at least a few of the heroes noticed this and were already working to counter the countermeasures. She would just have to hold the portal open long enough to get all the teens through. Until then, there really wasn't more she could do as she kept the escape rout available. For as long as the portal was open, she could not change forms or cast any other spells. Not that any others would really help; this was pretty much the best she could do.

And then some jackass had to go and threaten two people who were only trying to help, and the least prepared to fight. Charlotte and Adrien were threatened by this silver haired woman with a sword, and had the audacity to call Charlotte a monstrosity. The look on her face after being called that was exactly as you might expect. Shocked, appalled, and just a little bit pissed. Any other time she would easily forgive it, but this butt muffin was wasting valuable time they needed to get everyone to safety. And they were rude on top of it! Unable to speak her objections, Charlotte gave Excalibur the angriest glare she could manage. It was a bit comical, but it was hard for her to look angry and serious at the same time.

And so Charlotte really didn't do much different so far, focusing just on keeping the escape rout open for now. But if Excalibur looked like she was about to come through and attack Charlotte, she would have the portal abruptly collapsed in her face.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 12:07 am

Rico watched as the large... woman? with a sword approached a boy and Charlotte. They seemed to be very... yes, trigger-happy still worked, even if they were waving a sword around. Rico made her way over quickly, but smoothly. She positioned herself between Excalibur and the portal, holding her hands up in a way that would indicate she wasn't trying to fight them. Though... Excalibur probably wouldn't think kindly of her if they recognized that her right arm was demonic. "Alright, cool off Hamlet. Who the enemy is should be pretty clear if you look around. I've met her before, and she doesn't talk much, but she's helping out. She's just giving the kids a path out of here."

"If you're going to attack her because of that, then you would be the one in league with the forest creature. And you would be the enemy."
She said that meaningfully towards Excalibur. She held her large sword underhand in an ice-pick style behind her. Nothing aggressive, stance-wise, but ready to defend herself if Excalibur got any wrong ideas. She only glanced at Charlotte over her shoulder, still able to keep Excalibur in sight. "Thanks," she said to Charlotte before returning her full attention to the other girl with the sword. "Whoever that guy is, he's controlling the forest. That means everything around us can be used for an attack. I can help make sure the kids get out of here safely. Why don't you go swing that sword at the threat?"
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Spider Queen
Spider Queen
Ninja

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 3:59 am

Adrien barely turned his head up at the swords-woman that approached them. He began to stand from his crouched position and was about to address the woman, when someone else stepped in and did it for him. Too many people were showing up for Adrien’s liking...yeah he wanted the forest to calm down, and mostly save the ones he came here with....but the thought of just letting all these guys handle it did cross his mind, i mean, they all brought fire for Peet’s sake. Adrien listened to Rico explain the situation he already knew, except she got one fact wrong. “No...” Adrien spoke up. Looking over at the druids and the robotic limbed figure fighting them, along with the other white haired stranger. “He’s not controlling the forest....he is part of the forest, just like it he’s being controlled.” He sighed as he hated trying to explain anything, he glanced back up in time to see more Druid clones forming out of wood and shrubs. “They don’t have a heartbeat, the way they move feels as if you were dragging a log across the ground...whatever is controlling them....its hiding out of range..”
As if trying to conceal its self more, the sky that had been casted with a depressing grey hue, grew darker and more contrast. Was it due to the fact of the amount of heat that was present in this concentrated area, did the forest feel threatened? Whatever the cause, thunder could be heard creeping closer and more frequently, a sure sign a storm was brewing.
The forest continued to grow restless, as if the signs of upcoming rain fueled it to press forward with its plan. Trees that were uprooting began to press together, intertwining their branches. Adrien had trouble figuring out what they were trying to do at first, but as more vines, branches and tree trunks began to collide and be tied together the image became more clear, and a lot more fearsome.

SACRIFICES

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)   If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If a tree fell down in the forest, I’d make sure you’d hear it (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next