Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
Mistress Obsidian
Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Vote_lcapWish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Voting_barWish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Vote_lcapWish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Voting_barWish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 61 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 61 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Wish on a Bridge (Diva)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 7:26 pm

I smile. "Glad I could help! My name is Ivory. It's nice to meet you Lewis." I hold out my hand for him to shake.

"And a good attitude is sometimes the only thing you can control. And sometimes a good attitude will open up possibilities that had you had previously been oblivious to."
Back to top Go down
Dar
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Dar

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Lewis shook Ivory's hand. "Well, I will certainly be in the lookout for any opportunities. You seem very mature for your age. Do you mind if I ask what could be bothering such a confident young woman?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:37 pm

I raise an eyebrow. "For my age huh? It is just some personal stuff..." I trail off, not sure how to explain that I've been told that I have an evil alter-ego who I remember nothing about and could do who knows what without me knowing. I give the man a bright smile. "Nothing that can't be dealt with of course. I'll work it out, no biggie."
Back to top Go down
Dar
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Dar

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 4:34 pm

She said that the problem was something she could take care of on her own. Lewis nodded. "Alright, then. Well I hope it does work out. It seems I've spent too much time lamenting about my problems instead of doing something to fix them. Thanks again."

Pacific turned to leave. The girl was right. If he wanted things to change, he would need to change it. The world wasn't fair. If he wanted to make it fair, he was going to have to punish those who were corrupting Jump City.

They would all pay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 4:52 pm

I nod, happy to have helped. As the man turn to leave I hop up and call out to him. "W-well what are you doing now?" I silently curse myself for calling out like that, but it was done. If he stopped walking, I would jog up to him. "I was just wondering.. cause I know a, um, really good pizza place nearby if, you know, you wanted to go?" I gaze at him curiously with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Dar
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Dar

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 12:29 pm

She wanted to go out to eat with him? That took him by surprise. Ivory even ran to catch up to him. Surely, she didn't mean this as a date, right? No, it couldn't be. He was about 10 years older than her.

But having lunch with someone was definitely an opportunity. And he wanted to pursue any and all opportunities.

"I can't afford to eat out right now, I'm sad to say. I do have some frozen cardboard pizzas at home if be glad to share. If you're interested. "

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 pm

I chuckle. "Well again, I'm always up for pizza. Though I'm willing to pay if you're like. Either way." I smile, titling my head slightly and waiting to see what he would want to do.

(OOC: Actually only 8 years, plus she looks older than her age. She often passes as 21. Part of her species I guess.)
Back to top Go down
Dar
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Dar

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 10:47 am

Now that he got a better look at her, maybe they weren't too different in age. Lewis always had a hard time guessing people's ages.

She smiled, and he suddenly found her more attractive. She certainly had a sense of charm about her. Maybe, in a way, the wish he had made by tossing the penny in the river had come true.

Lewis smiled. "Tell you what. You buy today's pizza, and I'll buy next week." He was setting up for a second date before the first had even started, before it had even become a date. He had been given this opportunity, and he was going to take it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 4:21 pm

I tilt my head with a grin. "Sounds good. Though we could always get something different next week." I chuckle and start leading the way to the restaurant.

"I do know a great karaoke bar. Delicious wings." I raise an eyebrow. "I'm pretty famous there. I always go at least once a week." I smile, memories lighting up my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Dar
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Dar

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Ivory agreed. Good. This day was getting better already.

She said that she was famous at the karaoke bar, since she was there so often. Lewis chuckled. "You must be a good singer, then. Sure. We'll go there next week." She seemed really excited about it.

They started walking towards the pizza shop. "I hope you don't have to work later today. It is just too nice out to be stuck inside. Where do you work?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 8:02 pm

I smiled as he agreed. "I mean, I'm okay. It's probably cause their drunk" I chuckle. "But it's a lot of fun, and I'm not really sure that I'm good at singing, but I have a lot of fun!" I grin.

I shake my head. "No, no work today." I sigh. "I've been kinda alternating jobs for a while. Right now I have two. I work at a buffalo wing restaurant/bar on Wednesday through Friday, and a coffee shop on Monday and Tuesday. Both are in the afternoon so I can sleep in" I chuckle. "And I have the weekends off."

I lift a shoulder. "Both jobs are easy, pay well and earn awesome tips, so I'm happy." I laugh. "I really want to work at the karaoke bar though. I gave them an application but haven't heard back yet."
Back to top Go down
Dar
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Dar

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 2:28 am

She had two food service jobs and seemed to like them both. She even had a desire to work at the karaoke bar she loved so much.

It was hardly a lifestyle Lewis envied, but she was happy with it. Success didn't always mean money, fame, or accomplishment. Different people strove for different things. Ivory was clearly a people person, and serving people food in a fun environment was probably a perfect fit for her.

"Well I hope they call you soon with good news."

But how would Lewis fare in such a position? He was pretty sure he knew the karaoke bar she was talking about. The owner was a monster. He didn't care about his employees one bit. In Lewis' opinion, the man hardly knew how to run a business. Sure, he was nice to customers and he had an outwardly successful business. But behind closed doors he was rude, unfair, and greedy.

But how could Lewis crush Ivory's dreams? He grew quiet as he thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 12:21 pm

I smile. "I hope so too! These of course aren't necessarily ideal jobs but they are better than nothing, and they are fun." I lift a shoulder with a small smile. "I'm kinda new to town so I haven't had time to look for the best jobs but these are better than no money, and they will keep me going. I have no idea what jobs are even in the area."

I trail off, thinking for a moment. "I'm not even sure what I would want to do if I had a choice. I've always been interested in a singing career, or possibly an author. But those are both pretty cut-throat..."

I stop outside the pizza place and open the door, standing back to let Lewis go through first. "Here we are, after you."
Back to top Go down
Dar
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Dar

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 3:58 am

Ivory referred back to their conversation from earlier. She probably knew what he was thinking about her jobs. She surprised him, though, when she said that she wanted to be an author or a professional musician.

A musician. Lewis had studied for 4 years of his life to be just that. He had wanted to be a singer, just like Ivory did now. He had practiced and trained his voice under some of the most respected vocalists in the world. He had set goals for himself, set up a plan for his future, and had felt confident in his ability to stay ahead in such a 'cut-throat' industry.

Very few people had believed in him. His family told him to get a real degree, to aim for a more realistic goal. But he was too confident. He had faith in his ability to succeed at anything he set his mind to. They told him that he would starve. They were right.

Two years after graduation, he was so desperately low on money that he had to take on a full time job at a pizza shop, just like the one they were walking into now. After that, he had been unable to break free until John promised him a fortune in the insurance industry. That promise was hollow. Lewis' life after college had been one big disappointment after another.

There was a 'Help Wanted' sign on the door. Lewis decided he would apply. As they walked into the pizza shop, a teenager welcomed them. The boy looked to be 16. This was likely his first job, and he had no skills or experience to speak of. Lewis, on the other hand, had 10 years of customer service behind him, and he had a college degree in music performance. And yet, the two of them would soon be working in the same place, for the same wage. Humiliating.

Aware that his face was showing anger, he smiled and grabbed a paper application from a table by the front door. "Well, I might as well give this place a try. We're already here, after all. What do you normally order? I'm a fan of everything except for mushrooms."

Should he share his frustrations with her? It hardly seemed fair to burden her more at this point. So for now, he would stay silent. He just wanted to enjoy some pizza with this pretty girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 4:33 pm

I frown when he seems angry, and wonder what could have upset him. Being still kind of new to Jump, and Earth in general it was quite possible I had offended him. Had he wanted to open the door? I try to give him an apologetic look but he moves on within a second.

"Well I always get the buffalo chicken pizza. It's my favorite. I've never had mushrooms before so I guess I don't know what I'm missing." I smile brightly, happy that he at least didn't SEEM angry. I decide to be more careful however, their culture so far seems entirely different from what I'm used to and I don't want to upset of offend anyone.

"As for the job I think you should go for whatever you want that is available. Like I said, you can always work your way up. For example, there are many scouts at the karaoke bar and if I work there I'm that much more likely to be recognized for my singing." I smile optimistically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wish on a Bridge (Diva)   Wish on a Bridge (Diva) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wish on a Bridge (Diva)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next