Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 163 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 163 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Vote_lcapDiamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Voting_barDiamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Vote_lcapDiamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Voting_barDiamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness
Bloo

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel
Villain or good guy?: Good

Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Empty
PostSubject: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 2:36 am

Greed often found himself searching for oddities in the rain. This was one of those times, he figured to himself as he climbed the haphazard pile of scrap metal trying not to accidentally cut himself on something. Sometimes his greed was troublesome. He wasn't even sure what he was looking for, though he did know where it was. Luckily it was late, and the cover of rain had kept the guards from patrolling too well at this point... though he wouldn't think twice of wasting a bullet on the poor guy that did.

"Just a little closer..."

He grumbled out to himself, but as if it was a curse he lost his footing and found himself falling down the metal scrap hill. It was all a rather noisy ordeal and he hit his head on something. He cursed loudly, rubbing the back of his head. He flipped his hood up to keep the rain out of his hair with and annoyed shake of his head that sent droplets of water flying.

Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Kaneki_ken__tokyo_ghoul____render_by_azizkeybackspace-d7rwwva_zps684f3d0a

"Place is a deathtrap, I swear..."

He mumbled to himself, looking for a better way up.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character
Name: Sophie A. Michaels
Code Name: Galvora

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 9:41 am

(( ))

In the wake of the noisy slide down the scrap heap, the junkyard was mostly silent - eerily silent. In the rain, even the sounds of cars in the distance sounded far, far away, like they were being heard from a tin can. Then... there was a sound - a sound that filled the junkyard around the deadly sin like a far away crack of thunder.

Boom.

Where it came from was not 100% clear or evident - the rain muffled all sounds, made getting his bearings in the gigantic junkyard nearly impossible. But then it came again.

Boom. The ground actually shook - a metal coffee can full of nuts and bolts fell over with a clatter nearby, and puddles were disturbed, rippling like Greed in Jurassic Park. If he knew what he'd drawn the attention of, maybe that wouldn't be such a terrible analogy.

Boom.

And at this point, a monster out of ancient jewish nightmares loomed over the scrap heap - its eyes were blazing pools of blue light, burning with malign intelligence as they focused upon Greed, and its body was dark steel, steam rising from it in the rain as it took heed of the ancient evil. A golem - that's what it was, what it had to be. It loomed over twelve feet tall, and looked like it must have been designed after a psychopath's ideal of what the human body could look like, with a steel skull for a head and fists larger than a semi trick's tires.

So that's why he didn't run into any guard dogs, any security guys, or anything like that on his way in! They simply weren't needed. The golem didn't say a word - It simply picked up a freaking bus like it was a sack of flour and advanced on the intruder, havoc in mind.

Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Greed's ambitious search (and possible thievery) was interrupted when he felt the ground rumble. He'd assumed the booming noises were in fact thunder, but was proven wrong when he was met by the giant robot that picked up a bus like it was nothing. A bus.

"What the hell is-"

Greed was interrupted by a loud sound of screeching metal on metal. The bus seemed to be holding back a typhoon of metal that didn't look so sturdy anymore. A wicked grin came across the sins face under his mask when he drew his gun and shot an armor piercing round at the rusty scrap at the bottom of the pile. It blew the piece back, making it crumble and bringing the support down with it. Heavy pile of metal came toppling down, towards where the mech was standing. It even looked like there was a few cars rolling towards it.

"See ya, robo-chump. Kehehe."

His grin was hidden by the mask, by the laugh was clear as day. He put distance between himself and the robot, just in case it could handle that pile of metal. It did seem to be quite the powerhouse.

"All I wanted was something shiny..."
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 10:41 pm

The golem looked up at the oncoming heap of scrap with an expression that, despite its lack of a visage, reflected annoyance in the extreme. Oh, crap. Not again. The pile of cars, of junk, of stuff that otherwise would have sat calmly fell upon the behemoth, and from the outside it looked as though it surely would have crushed it utterly.

But...

There was a hissing rush of air, a flash of light from beneath the pile, and cars, tons of scrap metal, and the utterly crushed bus were flung savagely away, leaving the golem standing in the center of a small crater, mud and rain driven away from it as if it had surrounded itself in an aura of force, the air around it screaming like a tortured electric bass guitar savaging a giant lion. But it still stared at Greed... and set off after it, momentum carrying it forward as it charged, gigantic fists ready for the pummeling that, if successful, could surely turn the demon to sticky wet red paste!

Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 11:07 pm

Greed frowned when the robot climbed out of the heap. He wasn't in the mood for this. Fighting wasn't really his thing, and fighting a giant robot... well that was less fun. He drew his second gun, the chains on his wrists attaching to the grip of both firearms. The space between scrap piles was thin, though he didn't expect it to slow the robot down much. He sprinted down the narrow walkway.

"What a pain..."

He grumbled out, glancing back and taking five shots from his right gun, aiming at the joint in the robots knee. They were armor piercing, luckily only stopped by holy armor or magic armor, and his target was rather large so hitting it shouldn't be a problem... right?

"It didn't have to be like this, y'know! Coulda just let me have some useless hunk of scrap and be on my way!"

He shouted, shooting more at the beasts knees without slowing his run. He quickly made a tight turn, running towards the exit.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 11:43 am

Deadlock actually roared in a two-toned, basso voice as she rushed after the grinning man, plowing her way through narrow rows of junk that had the misfortune of trying to impede her movement. How dare this ant, this worm presume to thieve in her junk yard! She wasn't actually going to hurt him - that wasn't a heroic way of doing things, but she certainly would scare him, rough him up a bit, and make sure that he would walk funny for a few weeks.

So, confident in herself, she might not have been so cautious as she should have been when he spun, spouting irritation back at her as he opened fire. The first shot missed, but the second hit her knee on the edge. Almost immediately her servos... were reporting damage?! Momentum was a terrible thing, and she hadn't bothered to bob and weave - the bullets, small as they were, hit Deadlock's legs with 'pok pok pok pok' noises that sounded altogether too loud from inside the cockpit, and Eddie's world went white with pain - real, physical pain. She'd been shot before - and this was exactly what it felt like. The servos screamed, and amidst the blinding agony, Deadlock struggled to maintain her balance.

She needn't have bothered - the servos... well, they were shot. Completely. The little snot had knocked out the drive servos on both knees with multiple small caliber projectiles... and... and it was impossible! No tiny little pea shooter should have been able to get through the Inevitable's plating unpowered, let alone at full strength.

Then, she faceplanted. Her momentum was significant, however - enough to drive her along the ground, flipping once until she was slammed into the side of another wrecked bus upside down, utterly pancaking it, but breaking her momentum more gently than you'd have thought. Eddie... tried to move her legs. They moved, oh, they moved, but Deadlock's legs were unresponsive, and her own screamed at her. Flesh wounds, then. The bullets hadn't broken bone at least, and in the cockpit of the Inevitable, as she triggered several emergency systems and the control surfaces of the skullsuit applied pressure to her injuries (something that was NOT fun), she was left... more or less helpless to watch the white-haired youth escape her grasp.

It was at about this point that Eddie... realized she was terrified. She felt... violated, insulted. She felt helpless. Truth was, this... this punk could have killed her then and there... and she had no idea why this had happened. She slammed her fist down on the control panel, and snarled in frustrated rage.

"GodDAMNIT! STUPID!" she berated herself.

=========

((Ooc: Wanna continue this thread with some time skippery? I assume Greed would just giggity-gone, yes? If that's cool with you, if you'd play an NPC for me, play Greed in her fever dream, and generally help me write a story, I'd be obliged <3 Eddie is get to the bottom of this madcap. You game, bloo-chan?))

Eddie had left Deadlock where it was, and gone to the junkyard office, where she knew a medical kit was stored. It was slow going to say the least, having to use a broom for a crutch and a handy dandy pile of crap for a brace, but she got there. She opened the door and made her way inside. At least, that was her intention! When she opened the door, she came face to face with the business end of a double barreled shotgun of blued metal and a dull humming glow she could just barely see at the business end. She'd made that weapon for Hank, the owner of the place... for dealing with nights like this one. She slapped it out of her face and glared at the man, face running with sweat.

"Get that fukken' thing out of my face, man, come on its me!" she spat furiously, pain making her patience crackle and pop like bacon in a skillet. Hank didn't bother responding verbally - he just hurriedly set the gun aside and got under the young heroine's shoulder.

"Mary mother of god, girl! What the hell happened" he said, eyes huge as he took in the state of her legs. "You idiot! You're bleeding! We need to get you to the hospital!" he insisted, and reached for his phone to call emergency services, probably.

Eddie gripped his wrist and shook her head, pale as a ghost. "No, man, they're gunshots. Flesh wounds, man, I just... need the kit, man..." she said, and he cursed bitterly.

"I don't give a rat's ass what caused it, moron, I'm getting you help!" he spat, and gently, but firmly pushed her into a chair. Eddie ground her teeth together, but she couldn't stand up again - she literally could not. Even the idea hurt. So, through gritted teeth the heroine said

"Look... dude... Deadlock is out there with bullet holes, my legs got shot up good, and emergency services need to report bullet wounds to the freakin' police, okay? You want them pokin' around in our lives? You that kind of trouble? From my enemies? Think that cute shotgun I made you will do a god-damned thing to save your ass or mine? Get freakin' real... man..." she hissed, her words getting weaker. She could feel black at the edges of her vision closing in. No... no!

Hank... stared at her. His face hardened... and he hung up the phone, setting it down on the cradle with a click that sounded very loud. He stared at her a moment or two more as she pressed as hard as she could on her injury, going whiter by the second, bleeding on his floor.

Then, he picked up the phone again. "I must be insane... I must be freakin' insane or somethin'... Alright kid, alright." he muttered as he dialed. Deadlock lost consciousness. She'd been soundly beaten - thoroughly, and completely. This was the first time this had happened to her in earnest. In fact, she'd nearly been killed... by blood loss.

Some people might have expected the void of unconsciousness. Some might have seen heaven. Eddie was thrown into hell. She knew that this wasn't real, that she was having a fever dream, knew it in her soul with a kind of cold clarity... but that didn't stop her from dropping headlong into the abyss of nightmares.

She sat up on an endless field of black sand... wait... it wasn't sand? It was pavement, darkness coming on all sides...! She was a child again, bereft of her mother and father - alone in the darkness. She looked at herself, horrified! Little blonde locks curled and bounced beside her cheeks, and she was wearing a tiny dress, all tattered and dirty. An image came to her then... a memory... and though teeth could not glow, a cheshire white grin and glowing crimson eyes shone in the darkness. She backed away - she couldn't help it. Fear gripped the child. She'd seen the look of avarice in those horrible eyes before - and it revolted in her, made her sick, and scared her to the soles of her tiny little sunday shoes.

Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Greed heard the robot collapse behind him, it almost looked like it was in pain. He gave it a curious look before shaking his head quickly, pushing the thoughts away. He wasn't gonna wait for the next giant killer robot to come. He'd have to come back later for his prize. He growled at the thought of pushing his desires off until later. He was not a patient man.

"I'll be back, mark my words!"

He shouted back at the injured robot, then went to the fence to climb his way out.

-------------------------------

The dreamworld was dreary and dark, but Greed stood in it like he'd owned the place. He stared at the whimpering child, towering over her with a half smile though his mask did the smiling for him. His eyes let out a faint glow, the only visible source of light despite the fact that the cowering little girl seemed to be standing in a sourceless moonlight. He walked slowly, leaving his hands in his pockets as if he didn't take her seriously.

"That's it?"

He asked in disbelief. As he closed the distance he leaned in closely, his eyes glowing with an intimidating desire. He stayed quiet for a moment before throwing his head back in a laugh.

"A giant, terrifying robot... and it's just you? A scared little girl inside? I coulda took everything in there..."

He said, leaning in again.

"Even your life, if I'd wanted it."
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:06 pm

A young Edyth Lostetter tripped over herself, falling backward with a squeal of terror, her brown eyes wide with fright as the manifestation of mortal Greed, of selflish desire for the material world, advanced on her in the dream world. She'd had a nightmare of darkness and youth before - an echo of something she'd experienced when she'd first run away, but... This was different. This was more real. This was true. She was alone - except for sin itself. It was a metaphor for her life - a symbol for the greed of the upper crust in gotham, the way they sat on anyone beneath them, put their feet up on the work of the lower classes, took everything they wanted. Maybe some were more guilty than others, maybe some even tried to help, but none were blameless in their selfishness.

Edyth had almost become a casualty of Greed that night. Not because her parents had neglected her, but simply because she couldn't find food, she couldn't stay warm, she couldn't stomache their... privilaged attitudes... their stupidity, their elitist vapidity. She'd seen her dad cuff an orphan... yes... the boy had just asked for a quarter - and it had thrown her father... her.. father into a rage. He'd called the boy a mongrel, he'd cuffed him upside the head, spat on him. Her mother... laughed. She'd said something, and he told her they were better than the boy, that she was better than him.

... but it was wrong. HE was wrong. This life of privilege... was wrong.

And here stood a mortal representation of everything that had enabled her father to do that.

She clenched her tiny fists, and wiped her tears. "No." she said, a tremble in her voice, but it rang with defiance. "No." she said again, and stood up, shaking with tears of youth. "Go suck off a dog, prickface! You look funny! And you're a vapid selfish jerk! I could stand in a puddle of you and not get my feet wet!" she said, her eyes shrinkwrapped in tears.

Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Greed was a bit taken back, raising an eyebrow at the defiant little girl. Then he chuckled again, straightening himself so he towered over her. He looked down, his glowing red eyes seeming to flicker in the darkness, revealing the condescending face behind the mask.

"Right. I've heard it from bigger, stronger people than you. Believe me."

Greed said with another laugh. He took his gun out of his pocket, waving it around idly as he started to circle the girl like a shark.

"...but when it comes down to it, everyone wants another cookie from the jar. They want more cake, more leisure. They try to hide it, right, with these senseless claims to nobility or even more laughably a higher power. At the end of the day, all you humans are kids looking for toys to make your short miserable existence more bearable. I'll always be in the back of your mind, and no matter how much you resist me, you'll give in sometimes. You'll grab something just because you can... maybe you'll hear me chuckle when you do!"

Greed said with a loud laugh. He pointed the gun at the girl, though he didn't shoot.

"I've been around since the pyramids, kid. It never fails. Greed always wins in the end, see?"
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:57 pm

The child sneered despite her tears, her pain, her loss of innocence that had happened all over again before her. She knew Greed was right, but that didn't mean she had to accept him into her soul. She would never be rid of him. Never.

"You're right there, you stupid goblin." she said, as his pistol leveled on her head. Then, a little boy with green hair strode out of the dark, and put his hand on her shoulder, staring at Greed. This nameless child... she reached to grip his fingers in her own. She remembered Jax. She remembered the boy who saved her, who taught her... something beautiful about the world. Enabled her to move on. The child's eyes turned blue. They glowed - shone from within, a strange radiance that seemed to cut into the darkness.

"I'll never be rid of you, mister." she said, and thought about what had happened... next. Images rushed past. Children in the street, and she was among them. Her clothes changed - she grew before Greed's eyes. But that blue gaze never changed as the dress faded to rags... then became jeans and a tank top. More people came out of the darkness to stand beside her. She wasn't just herself - she was the sum of her experiences, her triumphs, her failures. She was more than that little terrified girl - a LOT more. She grew and grew, people fading one by one from her shadow, becoming part of her until she was an adult - a woman, or at least as close as a teenager gets. There was rage in her eyes, a depthless, boundless intellect that regarded Greed... as a base desire - an obstacle, a merest annoyance. Suddenly... he was cupped in that mind's palm. He was in the soul and center of her mind - and in the endless expanse behind her eyes, he saw... contempt. And pity. And despite that, he knew her better now than any human being ever had. Her past, her memories, they were all shown to him in the course of the giant's growth.

"I never will be rid of you, Greed. But I know who you are. I know what lies in the darkness in my own heart. But you're not even my greatest sin. I'm quite partial to pride, I think... Maybe wrath. But you? You're barely a base desire. And you'll never be more than what you are, will you? I know who you are, Greed. And I pity you." she said, and with no preamble beyond that, closed her hand over him.

Crunch.

Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 11:12 pm

As the scene changed, showing the girl grow, Greed hovered over her. It was symbolic, really, as she grew Greed always remained and remained the only thing unchanged. He waited, looking for weakness but was met with the opposite. Anger, contempt, rage, and something else he couldn't quite recognize. It annoyed him though, and he found himself regarding the newly grown woman with a firm scowl.

"Good luck, kid."

He said flatly after her rant about his weakness. He wasn't mad, no. He wasn't Wrath, nor did he think more of himself than he was like Pride. He knew he was Greed, he'd spent an eternity figuring that out. One little runt couldn't change it. And in the end he always won.

"See ya soon, then. Real soon, I figure."

He left her with a half smile as she crushed him, banishing the white haired monster from her dream world.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 3:01 am

Deadlock's eyes snapped open and she focused her eyes on the ceiling, going from unconscious to brain firing on all cyllenders in the time it took her to focus her eyes. She focused on the lazily twirling ceiling fan, then darted to the cheap wood paneling and inexpensive construction of a room in... her friend Hank's place, she was sure of it. She lifted her head cautiously, and when nauseation didn't happen, she sat up. Almost immediately, a gentle hand pushed her back down into the double sized bed, and a warm, feminine voice thick with an accent she couldn't instantly place said

"No, girl, you just lie on back now. Did you see the reaper man, girl? I tink I may 'ave. T'were dat close, so it were." the chocolately, almost cajun voice purred, not unkindly, but with a sharp edge that spoke volumes of the woman who had spoken. She was someone who was used to command, not just giving orders but having them obeyed implicitly, just because she'd given them. So complete was the authority in those words that Eddie only realized she'd relaxed back and thrown out all thoughts of trying again when she'd examined herself and realized this was so. Her eyes darted to the source of this voice, and saw a mahogany-skinned goddess of a woman just sitting back in her chair. Her hair was curly, and black as midnight. Her features were noble, her mode of dress... archaic, bedecked in golden jewelry and white fabric. Not just... white-ish, but... snowy. She was smiling, and it filled the room with its warmth. Eddie found herself smiling back at her, though she looked away. She could hear the woman's grin at this, and the merry laughter in her tone.

"Pleased I am, girl that you should be awakin' now, hm? I was a'hopin' this would be the case." she said. Eddie looked back at her, and the white-robbed woman nodded. "You have a strength to you, so you do, but near at hand death was for two days full. Your friend was a'right in a'callin' me. More than an evil o'th'body was a'dealt to ye, girl. Th'touch o'a demon wounded ye spirit as th'bullets tore y'bodyy." the woman went on, and a day ago... Deadlock would never have believed that from anyone. Demons? Really? Get real. But not anymore. No.

She'd seen Greed. Just as he'd seen her. She suspected she'd never fully comprehend that ancient monster... but as she'd seen him in her dream, as she changed, he never did. He remained static... and that revealed to her just how ancient he must have been, despite his appearant youth.

"It was Greed, ma'am. Like... she began, thinking about what she knew about the church, about her catholic upbringing in the tutelage of the caregivers at that orphanage she'd lived in with the Kings. She wasn't comfortable in this territory... but being shot and haunted by a Sin gives you all kinds of new insights into what those things were worth. She wished now she'd paid more attention. "Like... a cardinal sin... the living embodiment of Greed itself, ma'am. A demon. Shot right through my defenses... like they weren't even there." she said, and stared at the spinning fan above her bed.

The woman was silent for a thoughtful tencount, before she said, voice curious "Y'defenses, girl? What defenses are these'n'mm?" the woman asked, and Eddie glanced at her. Directly into a pair of intent eyes that stared at her over top of two hands clasped together in the manner of someone in deep thought. With that look, Eddie knew something more about this woman. She knew suddenly that lying to her... that speaking anything but the entire truth would be... a monumentally stupid thing to do - it'd be like having chocolate all over your face and saying that you didn't steal that candy bar. She knew that she was much, much more than she seemed to be (or at least that she couldn't understand what she was looking at exactly), and knew more than she was saying. And she knew that Eddie knew these things, and knew that she knew that she knew. .... a bit twisty, but there you are.

"Yes m'am... I'm... I was guarding the Junkyard at the time... I uh... I'm a hero, ma'am, like..." she began, and the enigmatic figure in the chair beside her held up her hand in an elegant gesture of authority.

"Shut your mouth, girl. Sommin' might fly into it." she said. Eddie shut her mouth. Something might fly into it. "I seen what ye ben' doin', girl. I seen th'pride in ye, seen th' wrath in your face. Seen ye smile a'none, girl. An' I met heroes, girl, met an' mended em. That ain' ye, girl, is it? Ye ain' no hero, girl. Ye're a bad'n." she accused, jabbing her sharply in the chest with a prodding finger. Eddie felt lances of pain spear her heart, felt the accusations bite into her bitterly, and words came unbidden to her lips as she literally shrank away from the woman's fiery gaze. Then, fear, apprehension met sheer steel-headed... Deadlock-ness.

"No, I'm not! Who the hell are you anyhow, comin' in here and saying %#!@ like that to me?! I've fought and bled and scrapped to get out of the freakin' gutter and get where I am, woman!" she said, and didn't realize she was yelling until she was nose to nose with her!

"Oh really, girl! Ye a stupid child! Ye have pride o'ye like a cat! An' what ye a'doin' when he'acomin' back again, hm? When th'sin seek ye out to get what don' be a'his? Hm?" she demanded, prodding her with that finger again.

Deadlock snarled and pushed forward, grinding her forehead against hers, her blood boiling, eyes glowing. Who the hell was this stupid woman, coming in here and calling her a villain? "I'll stop him!" she shouted.

"Oh really, girl? With a'what, hm? Hurtin' legs an' a busted up robot?" she accused, a sneer in her voice.

"With my bare hands if I have to! Even if I have to crawl!"

"An' that'd work would it?!" the woman demanded.

"Damn well better! I'll make it freakin' work! I don't give a rat's ass!" Eddie replied.

"Excellent." And with that, the white-clothed, raven-haired woman beamed, sincerely smiling again as she sat back, appearantly satisfied. It was like someone kicked Eddie's leg out - her anger floundered, with nowhere to go, nothing to vent on. She was breathing heavily, but the woman before her wasn't at all winded, or even the least bit upset now. What?

"Peace between us girl. Ye have heart in ye, I'll a'give ye that. But a sin is nae a thing ye can be a 'beatin with a big meaty fist, girl. Force will'na work on Greed itself, girl - Using force t'get what ye want is greed i'ssef, an' a sin canna beat a sin. T'figh' a sin... y'must have faith, girl, y'must turn to something greater than y'seff, or wield th'powers o' creation in the mystic ways."

"... No, really, lady... who are you, anyhow?" Eddie asked, staring owlishly at the calmly spoken mystic in the chair beside her bed.

"Call m'Dyan, girl. I'm a friend o'them that walk y'path. I came a'callin when m'old friend needed a'helpin' hand." Dyan explained, gesturing at the general state of Hank's bedroom in his trailer. It was by no means a palace, but her look at the room spoke volumes about how many times she'd seen it. Hank, you sly old devil, you.

"Right... I'm Eddie... are you like... a priestess or sommin'?" she asked, and lay back again. Dyan snatched her pillow and tossed it on her chair as she rose. Eddie blinked at the ceiling, then rested her head back.

"No, girl. Now be a'gettin' up - we has a'workin to do. she said, and Eddie rose. A brief trawl of the room found her torn-legged interface suit, and though each movement was painful despite the fact her legs were no longer swiss cheese, she slipped into the chaps and coat, zipping them into place carefully. Boots came next, and then, wiggling her fingers into the fingerless leather gloves, she followed Dyan into the glaring sunlight of the noonday sun.

Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 3:52 am

He'd waited... and then after he waited, he'd waited some more. It was unlike him, he admitted that to himself. He was many things but a liar wasn't one. For some reason he couldn't find the will to go back and get whatever the hell it was he wanted in the first place... sometimes he couldn't even understand his own greedy impulses. He'd taken to petty theft in the meantime. Pickpocketing wallets and stealing candy from gas stations. It was in his blood.

"...but my blood doesn't boil like this. Not usually. What could I want now?"

He thought aloud, a bad habit that solitary confinement in hell had taught him. He was standing in an alley, his motorcycle he'd liberated at the other end. A friendly homeless man got up. "S-sir... you can't park that-" Greed cut him off, flashing his gun as he spun around. The man became frightened, stumbling backwards. Greed raised his hand to his lips.

"Shhh..."

Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Tumblr_n9rjpxHisy1t1fo2po1_500_zps9cfc1c68

The man nodded, running away as fast as he could. He even left his cup of change. Greed couldn't help but empty it into his pocket. It was probably like 3 dollars. He shook the thought from his head, going back to the shadowy end of the alley to watch the junkyard for a bit longer. He had a feeling his hesitation had something to do with the robot. Maybe he wanted it there, deep down, and had waited until it was repaired to come back. He grinned at the thought. He was ready.

"Showtime."

He said, flicking his guns out, the chains attaching to them. He dashed across the road quietly, getting a jump start on the fence. He scaled it quickly. He was really good at tasks that required physical labor. Particularly parkour. He kept his breathing steady and guns ready as he stepped into the dump. The black hole he had for a heart was pounding with excitement and for a brief moment, he thought he was in hell again. Fighting demons at his fathers whim endlessly. It was almost nostalgic.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are~~"

He taunted the darkness, daring it to challenge him again.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 4:15 am

The darkness again produced a form, but it wasn't the beast the cardinal sin desired this time. No, Deadlock was still damaged - she was still working on replacing the servos and plating that had gotten damaged, and working out her little vulnerability. Most people, in finding out that their greatest weapon was useless against something, would not presume to put on leather armor and a helmet, and hat up to take on the badguy themselves. But this Deadlock had done - exactly that, in fact.

The burning blue eyes were at least familiar in the demonic visage of the inevitable's helmet, as was the way she held herself as she strode between the piles of rubble and detritus the junkyard sold as wares to those with a more 'do it yourself' kind of attitude. This suited Eddie fine. She was in her element. Looking at her now, she seemed so small. She wasn't even that impressively built - she looked small, walked like someone who was not a trained fighter - she wasn't. And she had a slight limp, too.

But there she was anyhow. Deadlock held her hands out to her sides, palms up, as if to say Well? I'm here., continuing to walk towards him at her slightly limping, easygoing pace.

Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am

Greed inspected the new enemy thoroughly and quickly. He took a defensive stance as he gripped his guns tightly, the hair on his arms standing up. He tried to figure... was this the same guardian of the junk as before? Or was it smaller because it was someone new. He noticed the limp and it clicked. He let out a low chuckle.

"There was someone in that monster, eh? That explains a lot. I thought the titan of steel was a robot... and it was a fragile someone too. Good to know."

He kept his air of arrogance. He wouldn't kill the girl, no. He'd keep to regular bullets towards non-vital areas. He was a perfect marksman. It wouldn't be hard. For the moment, he matched her movements, when she stepped forward, he stepped back. He preferred the distance for obvious reasons.

"Does the gatekeeper have a name then? You can call me... Greed~"

He said with a sinister grin, then deciding not to play fair and give a chance for the robot to reply, he shot. Both guns again going to the kneecaps almost instantly. His right gun would hit the left knee and the left gun would hit the right. Like he'd decided earlier, regular bullets aiming to cripple. Unless the girl bled out. Then that's just bad luck, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)   Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diamonds in the Rough (Deadlock; open~)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next