Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 41 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 41 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Business unusual. (Alpha) Vote_lcapBusiness unusual. (Alpha) Voting_barBusiness unusual. (Alpha) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Business unusual. (Alpha) Vote_lcapBusiness unusual. (Alpha) Voting_barBusiness unusual. (Alpha) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Business unusual. (Alpha)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Business unusual. (Alpha) Empty
PostSubject: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:11 pm

Kristina was buttoning her blouse while combing her hair in the mirror. She had a seminar to attend at the university soon. In her rear view she could see her lab subject pulling back on his pants. He was also a client; JaK Sage.

"So is that all for today's, physical Doc." JaK said throwing on his black v-neck. Aeon frowned at his words, but when she turned to him the look had dissipated to her usual sarcastic smile.

"That should be all for today. I have enough fluid samples to last for a while, including blood and saliva, but are you free to meet up next week?"

JaK shook his head. "Nah Aeon, I'm planning on going out of town. Don't tell my band though."

Aeon's eyes widened - he cared that his band found out and not her? "Right...of course..."

"Alright thanks. Don't you have a class soon or sumthin?" Aeon stood silent for moment but then grabbed her stuff and headed for the door.

"Ya I do. Um, let yourself out and uh, goodluck on your trip." Without another word she closed the door and released a deep sigh. "Stupid!l she said. "Never mix work and pleasure."

------

12 minutes later, Aeon took her seat at the seminar near the front row and put her head in her palm while leaning forward in her seat. "Why am I so obsessed with Meta-humans?" She had been having JaK come over more regularly for "check-ups" than she should. She was getting too attached. She sighed again and checked the pamphlet for the seminar to get her mind off things. "Young genius, millionaire, William Dean, eh?" Aeon looked at his business success. "Sounds like a real bore." She was still thinking about JaK.
Back to top Go down
Alpha
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Alpha

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 9:20 pm

After a few minutes of students filing into the assembly hall, the lights dimmed. A man walked out and the stage lit up, and some cameramen also poked their lenses into the room to capture the seminar. The man himself looked remarkably young; younger than a good half of the students, even. He appeared as though he could be a freshman at the University.

He was dressed in a dark pinstripe suit with a black shirt and white tie. It was somewhat form fitting, showing off the fact that this man had a good figure. He had long black hair, and piercing silver eyes. Above him a large LCD screen sparked to life, so far blank white. It then showed his name in black, bold letters. William Dean.

William smiled to the students. "Hello, JLU. My name is- well, you probably know by now. I'd like to hope you can all read," he said, and got a few laughs. His face turned serious again. "How many of you fine students are a meta-human?" A few hands were raised, including William's own hand. William walked two steps to the left, and the screen changed to a very pretty graphic of a DNA helix.

"You see...ever since I knew about the meta-gene, I've believed that meta-humans were the future of mankind. The evidence that we're evolving as a species." He paced again, and the screen changed to a variety of logos. STAR Labs, Chromosomal Research Institute, HerediCorps to name a few. All were known for their scientific vigor in the field of meta-genetics.

William made a sweeping gesture to the screen. "I'm sure you know these names from the articles online. 'STAR Labs creates alternative to prosthetic limbs using Lobo's genes.' 'C.R.I. makes soldiers better thanks to the Flash's chromosomes.' These are a small part of the many things these people do, to improve and expand on the sciences."

The screen went dark. "I started with a thousand dollars. I invested with C.R.I...and after that, I had one hundred thousand dollars. Fifty thousand dollars invested with STAR Labs. That became another three hundred thousand in my bank account. And so on." He grinned. "But all this talk about investments and companies must be boring you all," he said, staring at the sleeping students in the front row. They all jumped awake to pay more attention.

"Thanks to these investments, I have been able to fund my own projects. I'm sure you all remember the attack Jump City suffered three weeks ago by the giant monsters from the Pacific." The screen showed a picture from above of the gigantically altered Colossus from that day. "Normally, the giant you see is one hundred and forty feet shorter than what you see. Big change, am I right?" He smiled. "I funded a project to create a way to amplify the abilities of meta-humans, in big ways."

William pointed to the screen. "This is the result of that project. Thanks to that formula, I was able to combat these massive threats." The screen went back to the logos. "I'd like to end on a different note. The point of bringing you all here today was to offer jobs to the science-oriented among you. These companies are looking for young, eager employees, and they've sent me to personally invite you." He smiled wide. "That's all the time I have. Don't forget to pick up those pamphlets on the way out." The lights returned to normal.

A young student raised his hand. "Sir, did you mean that the giant was you?" William looked at the student. "Well...I did say I was a meta-human too, didn't I?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:01 pm

"You see...ever since I knew about the meta-gene, I've believed that meta-humans were the future of mankind. The evidence that we're evolving as a species."

These few words had grabbed Kristina's attention, and ever since speaking them she was hooked on every word this man said. His appearance wasn't anything too special, although he was seemingly muscular enough and tall enough. However, it was not his business knowledge, money, or stature that had appealed to Kristina's interests. It was his knowledge in the field oh the meta-gene. He had funded many projects involving meta-humans it would seem and this had Kristina on the edge of her seat in a literal sense. Her eyes were shimmering as she made sure of everything he said and claimed by doing a quick mental internet search, all of it checked out.

To conclude the address to the students William ended with finalizing the rumor that he was indeed, Colossus - a fact already, but it didn't hurt to hear it confirmed. "And what of your own genes!?" A voice rang out as the lights came back on. Accompanied by a hand indicating that the red-head int he front row had indeed been the one to speak out.

"You say Meta-humans are the future?" Aeon seemed to have an intrigued tone as she sat back and crossed her slender legs in a very feminine manner. "What do you feel you can offer humanity?" If he was so successful in business he could find more lucrative ways to make money, why expose himself at all and in addition seek a field as uncharted as meta-human research when he could be some big oil company CEO. She was perhaps a little too eager to hear his answer, and in return her tone seemed to pose the question as a challenge.

The student body all turned to William, wanting to hear exactly what he planned to contribute himself beyond his achievements heroically and financially.
Back to top Go down
Alpha
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Alpha

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:29 pm

William had finished the presentation, thus he was now taking questions. However, this new question caught him off guard. He knew what she meant; what could he personally offer to science? Well, the very obvious answer was how his regeneration could help the field of reconstructive surgery. However, his thinking was that giving up his genes could lead to them being used for bad things, if someone else got their hands on them.

William eventually spoke. "I suppose that my regenerative abilities could be used in reconstructive surgery, and with replacing prosthetics. My own hope is that it can be used to regenerate broken spinal cords, and help paralyzed people to walk again."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:41 pm

The crowd began to clap, but Aeon sat motionless. Her cheeks were flushed, she had expected some snobby businessman type answer stating what charities he donated too or that he lifted buildings off pedestrians, but as it turned out ... he was like her? She desired to know more about this man, but first she wanted to study him.

Aeon was smart enough to see a business opportunity hen it arose.

The ruby haired teen waited for William to finish greeting students after the seminar and then approached him last. She strutted over to him with her book bag in one hand and brushed a bang out of her face as she extended her hand. "Hello? It's nice to meet you personally, William Dean AKA Colossus." He would notice her eyes seemed to be shimmering, in fact they almost glowed - this girl was also an advanced being. "I'm actually watching clips of your, erm work with the Pacific Titans as I speak."

It was a satellite feed of him going at it with the original creature and then battling the two others. He was courageous in battle, but she couldn't help but wonder. "Do you have complete cognitive control during these transformations?"
Back to top Go down
Alpha
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Alpha

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:03 pm

The cameramen left after William was done, and he had his hands in his suit pockets, walking to the door. However, the same redheaded girl from earlier wanted to talk to him. From the glow of her eyes, and the fact she was watching his combat footage without any other means, he guessed that she had cyber-vision of some sort. He smiled his best smile for her.

"Well, it's not entirely complete. I tell the body what to do from my position in the neck, and the body itself makes the best choice based on what I've told it to do. I take more control if the body's brain gets damaged, and control it until the brain regenerates..."

He had a though, and smiled to her. "We can talk more at lunch, if you'd like?" William asked. He had by now realized how pretty the girl was, and she was interested in him, so it was beneficial for the both of them to hang out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Aeon smirked at him. "Well you cut straight to the chase," She rocked back and forward on her heels as she thought about it, but then turned around on her heels. "Ok, you've officially peaked my interest. But I hope you know, I'm not a cheap lunch date." She could care less about the date or food of course, and she did have some classes to attend, but learning about the meta-gene and each individual meta-gene took precedence above all.

"Where do you usually take your interested groupies?" She might've been assuming much about him, but she wanted to make it clear that he wasn't running any type of game on her. Also, he might spill something about his life as colossus with each remark she made. Perfect situation.

As she listened to his answer they exited the building.
Back to top Go down
Alpha
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Alpha

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 7:36 pm

William listened to her for a bit, before responding. "Well, I don't really have groupies...I think I scare people. Turning into a giant and all that," he said and laughed nervously. He looked around, wondering where they would go to get a meal. William looked to the girl.

"What do you want to eat? I'm not overly picky. Just no broccoli and I'll eat it," he said and smiled to her. He was interested to learn about her, too. He wanted to know why her eyes glowed, and about her enthusiasm for meta-genetics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 7:49 pm

"Oh? Lady's choice, eh?" She said cheekily. "Ok, hotshot follow me. I think I can find us a place." They walked trough the university with many students rushing past them on foot, some of them had different skin colors, some of them teleported or rushed past them to class in a blur to beat the late bell. It was a completely unsegregated campus. "It always amazes me, that this environment even exists where meta-humans and just people can co-exist."

Aeon chuckled lightly behind her hand. "Of course, why would you even apply here if you weren't comfortable with that environment or live in this city really." They passed the bell tower and began to ascend the staircase to the glasshouse located on the roof of Sproul Hall. "Really now though, a large specimen like yourself doesn't eat his vegetables." She smiled, teasing him was kind of fun. Also, loosening him up in this situation was ideal to get him to talk.

"Do you think of yourself as a hero? You said you scare people, and even here if you turned into your alter-ego, you might seem out of place." She was curious to how he saw himself, but why did she even ask that? That question had no scientific value - Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Alpha
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Alpha

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:00 pm

William followed the girl as she led him through the school. He dodged a flying student as they nearly bowled him over, and kept to Aeon's side. They climbed the bell tower, and Aeon began talking more, about how he didn't eat his veggies. She also asked what he thought of himself; a curious question, and slightly in contrast to the prior ones, because it really wasn't scientific.

He eventually answered, with a sigh. "I'm not entirely sure what to think of myself. I'm not sure how I started; I know I'm older than I look, and that's about it. I can't remember beyond the first day I can recall." He frowned. He didn't like telling people he was an amnesiac; but it also freed him from pressing questions a lot of the time.

William continued, "But for what I am, I'm not really a hero. I try and do good things, yeah...but my power is dangerous. I could lose control one day and kill people, and destroy things, and cause havoc. I don't want that to happen but there's a big chance it will. So no, I don't think I'm a hero. I'm just a monster who has a bit of self-control..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:16 am

Aeon was becoming increasingly astounded by his answers. It turned out her question had merit after all. She found out he was suffering from retrograde amnesia. "Do you think your symptoms could be brought on by continued usage of your powers or maybe a event that occurred when you were in your colossal form?"

The two made it to the glass house area after walking across the suspended bridge leading to it from the bell tower. He actually seemed very appealing when he was pouty like this. The contrast from his earlier more confident character when speaking at the seminar was so different to his actual one. It was an interesting parallel beyond him possibly having alter egos Kristina just found it to be so cute.

Once inside the glass house they would witness a vast wonderland of flowers with a small table in the middle of garden area with a tea kettle sitting at it. "My secret garden." She said as they moved through the rainbow colored floral maze. "At this time of the day there's no classes up here. I often come here to think and reflect." She smirked as if asking through facial expression if it was perfect for a lunch date. "I should know, I remade the university's class schedule this quarter."
Back to top Go down
Alpha
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Alpha

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:03 pm

William wondered if he was talking too much. Letting too much slip, making himself vulnerable...but he realized now that with this girl, he didn't seem to care. He'd probably tell her everything he knew about himself, if she asked. She asked if he knew why he had had amnesia. He replied, "Well, I'm not really sure. I just woke up one day and I didn't know who I was. The only thing I knew was that I had a power, and a dangerous one...and I knew how to play piano."

At that last part he chuckled, as if it were a joke. William looked around the huge garden, obviously impressed with what he was seeing. "This is a very beautiful garden, uh..." He realized he hadn't gotten her name yet. "What's your name? You know mine. It'd only be fair if I got yours..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:50 am

Aeon brushed a lock of her hair back as he pulled out her seat for her, like a true gentlemen. "Kristina Nigent." she said as she sat down and poured them some tea. "I'm afraid it's not too hot." She said blowing out the cups.

"A man that knows his instruments is always interesting, but I prefer one that can grow sixty feet tall personally." Her interest in meta-humans over regular humans was obvious by now. "As for my interests, I want to be the first scientist to know and fully understand meta-humans and what they're capable of."
Back to top Go down
Alpha
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
Alpha

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:59 am

William sat across from her. The tea looked fairly warm, but he wasn't picky. He took a sip, finding it to be very good. He put the cup down, listening to her talk. "I like that name. And Nigent sounds familiar," he said. Maybe they were a family of scientists, involved in biological research like Kristina.

"Well, piano is one of the two skills I knew how to do the day I woke up, and didn't know who I was...the other was somewhat different." He took another sip, and continued, "The other ties in to what I was talking about earlier, regarding having cognitive control. Colossus knows how to fight, even if I'm not as good at it as he is. I suppose he's had a lot of practice."

William didn't always refer to Colossus as separate, but in many ways he was. It was just a curious oddity that William enjoyed pondering, and studying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 12:53 am

Nigent sounded familiar? This guy just got more and more interesting by the second. Kristina sat forward and clasped her hands together forming and flat platform to rest her chin on. "So," Kristina gave him an adoring look, one you would give a child who had amused you. "Aren't you going to ask me about the eyes?" She was still mentally logging information. Colossus and William had a Dr. jackal and Mr. Hyde relationship, but William retained control. However, if he lost it what would Colossuses personality be? Was this man a monster truly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Business unusual. (Alpha)   Business unusual. (Alpha) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Business unusual. (Alpha)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next