Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
An unfamiliar face (Ares) Vote_lcapAn unfamiliar face (Ares) Voting_barAn unfamiliar face (Ares) Vote_rcap 
Moon
An unfamiliar face (Ares) Vote_lcapAn unfamiliar face (Ares) Voting_barAn unfamiliar face (Ares) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

An unfamiliar face (Ares)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character
Name: Elatiana Theya
Code Name: Entropy
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

An unfamiliar face (Ares) Empty
PostSubject: An unfamiliar face (Ares)   An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 3:31 am

Burying the dead was never an easy task, burying your father, the man who raised and taught you what you knew was....it was excruciating. Seraph had come all this way, flowers in hand to visit the grave she made under a large oak tree for the one who cared for her, a visible twinge of remorse on her normally stoic face that spoke of rationality taken to an extreme as she paused and looked up to the evening sky, tinted red like blood and blinked at the beautifully melancholic scene that the world had painted in the sky, like a canvas that invoked memories from before -- painful, hurtful memories of people, innocent people that she could remember killing in a blind, incandescent rage that gutted over a dozen sectors of the Vault from sub-basement lambda to sub-basement alpha and then beyond that to the clear inky black skies of freedom and the fear of being hunted.

She always reminisced on this, trying to think of a way that she could have....saved her father, instead of watching him die in her arms. But as she made her way to the old oak tree, she paused once more and looked around, felt a chill along her spine, an itch that made her nervous -- like being watched by unseen eyes or simple paranoia -- but did not deter her for too long in resuming her journey to that place, the grave where she buried her father with her own two hands.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character
Name: Sophie A. Michaels
Code Name: Galvora
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: An unfamiliar face (Ares)   An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 3:55 am

Sometimes, memories hurt. They can be sharp in your heart as a barb, slowly destroying you from within. Maybe you survived a love one, lived on when they did not. Maybe you survived... But guilt might just be the slow death, killing you an inch at a time until nothing is left but sweet release - a subtle dagger of longing, remorse, of despair.

Other times, there is someone behind you, saying something like

"My name is Ares Kurasawa! You killed my father! Prepare to die!" like something out of the Princess Bride. This in fact someone had just done. Behind Seraph stood a girl that didn't look like she'd even entered her teens - she was a wee thing, about average for her age with a head of bluish green hair very much the same color as Seraph's own, braided many times over with caring, delicate hands. She wore a blue suit of some kind, and silvery metal struts like the petals of an iron flower were visible, extended outward. Her tiny fists clenched, her stance shifted and with a KRAKOOM of noise and a roar of rushing air away from her, ten... Tendrils of green light burst from her back like wings, shifting and waivering like they were being blown by the wind that came off the little girl, whose eyes even now began to glow from within as tears streaked her eyes.

Back to top Go down
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: An unfamiliar face (Ares)   An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 4:34 am

Words were spoken, a threat towards her own life as Seraph turned and looked down at the interloper with a blink, face registering confusion as she let her mind click a few times and blinked again, wondering if this was someone she knew or recently met. The slightly concerned Seraph opening her mouth to speak, words as it were, simple ones that certainly had a severe twinge of confusion to them. "Do I know you?" The name Kurasawa however, she caught that, didn't quite make the connection since, frankly, there was probably close to ten thousand in this section of the united states alone.

But as she ran the thought through her brain like a fat kid on a treadmill, as the pressure increased to such an extent, that it created a thunderous bang as air rushed away from the young girl and brought a look of surprise to Seraph's otherwise immutable visage as she reached back to touch at the fixtures on her own back. Wasn't she the only one of her kind, a sentient, fully functional Gynoid that could make it's own decisions based on right and wrong? Wasn't she?

But as she watched with awe at the transformation before her, Seraph tilted her head and blinked again. Trying to figure out this riddle that stood before her.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: An unfamiliar face (Ares)   An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 4:52 am

Ares wept, clenching her tiny fists into balls as those ethereal tendrils of light settled on the landscape, gripping cacti, the tree, draping over a boulder, and simply wavering behind her. Little Ares shook with fear and anger, and took a step towards her eldest sister. Then another, then, with a scream, she charged, her tendrils seizing the boulder as easily as one might pick up a basketball, bringing it around at Seraph like a gigantic flail!

"Why! Why did you kill our father!" she sobbed, voice cracking in the middle as she closed the distance between them rapidly!

Back to top Go down
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: An unfamiliar face (Ares)   An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Seraph was perplexed, baffled even, as she watched this diminutive version of herself break out into tears. The way she wept reminded her of an old memory, one that was burned into her brain, lingered like old ghosts that refused to leave as she felt the boulder slam into her like a wrecking ball, as Ares' words sunk into her like spears and arrows. But she stood firmly as the boulder crumbled around her, dust and particulates kicking up into the air like a choking smokescreen. There was a small twinge of, hurtfulness mixed with anger on her face as she stood her ground.

"I, did not kill my father. They did, they shot him in front of me. I watched him bleed to death in my arms!" Her voice came in heavy, full of emotion for the first time as she let her hands ball up into white knuckled fists as the air seemed to ripple and shimmer, a soft clicking sound echoing from her back as the skeletal frame for her wings spread out and a bright, incandescent flash of light illuminated the surrounding forest like a miniature sun for a brief second. She stared at Ares and grimaced. "And I promised him that I'd live to protect others, like the guardian angels in the stories he read to me. I don't know if we're truly related, but I won't let you stop me from living."
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: An unfamiliar face (Ares)   An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 12:10 pm

The boulder hit her sister. She didn't pull it - it was a haymaker. She put everything she had behind a solid lump of stone and... It simply crashed around her sister unit like she'd struck her with a pillow. This you do not often see. So struck dumb, she listened to Seraph and watched as wings surging with radiance roared to life, not so very different from her own.

Somewhere inside her, those words struck a soft spot. Seraph was... Made to protect people? She was a guardian angel? It couldn't be true... It just couldn't! It had been a dream, she knew... The world her father had created for her had not been real... But to hear it like this? It sounded like... Like...!

"Y-you're lying... It's bad to lie, you know!" the child version of Seraph said bitterly, her voice betraying doubt and making clear she did not tell lies. "Tell me the truth!" she cried at the top of her voice as she thrust out her hand. A beam of blue radiance shot down into the dirt and grass beneath her. For a moment, nothing happened. But then... The ground began to shiver, and her wings took on a dimmer glow as she drew power! The grass beneath the beam flashed into wisps of light that swirled upward and into her palm and something... Began to rise through the light. Or rather, began to grow upwards toward her hand. Something gleaming and brown-black, branching to a cross as it reached level with her hand. She gripped it, and cried

"Transmutation: Glass Blade!" and drew the claymore from the stone. It looked... Incredibly sharp. She took a stance that vaguely resembled a ready pose, and grit her teeth as tears surged down her cheeks, the blade still steaming hot from the apparent act of honest to god alchemy.

"Tell me!" she screamed, her voice cracking under the tension, and charged.

Back to top Go down
Glenn
The Honey Badger
The Honey Badger
Glenn

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: An unfamiliar face (Ares)   An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:59 am

Seraph looked on with an air of disbelief towards her assailant, wings fluttering behind her with a distinctive crackle of concentrated energy. Then disbelief gave way to surprise as she watched this other, much like herself but not, produce a blade from the ground; still red with fresh heat. This of course prompted Seraph to extend a pair of singular edged blades from her wrists. The edges glowed a faint cyan blue and as if to demonstrate something, a lone leaf fell upon the blades edge cleaving it in two. "I do not tell lies, now leave me be or I will defend myself.

The elder gynoids tone was serious, lacking hesitation as she readied herself and stared ares down. No second chances after this one, no turning back as she glaNced down at her blades and blinked away a tear. So close to fathers grave, to close as she slowly lifted up off the ground. Hovered in place before looking past ares, "not here, not this close to his grave." she spoke curtly before moving further into the woods, further away from her father's grave
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Neverwinter

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: An unfamiliar face (Ares)   An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:00 am

Ares shook with anger and tears together as her sister rose, and levitated away from their father's grave. The sword in her hands left a trail of smoke and ozone as air molecules met their deaths on the edge, but she charged after Seraph, heedless of them. The girl then realized something. Something important.

She couldn't hurt her sister. It really was as simple as that. This sword she had...? It was a thing of showmanship. It was useless in her tiny hands, because... because...! Ares felt tears blur her vision and simply stopped, arm falling limp at her side, the blade barely cutting the turf where she stood. The vision of her father's grave blurred to incomprehension, and she loosed a wail that came all the way from the bottom of her soul. And wept. She wasn't some death-machine... Because her father had made her not to be. And here she stood... defying him, over his grave.

Ares cried harder, and the blade dropped from her hands. She crumpled like a doll to the ground, her wings drooping gloomily and dimming somewhat as she just... wept, in huge wracking sobs. She couldn't even touch bottom long enough to form words before a minute had passed, and she managed to say

"D-daddy...!" and gripped her sword. What had she been thinking of? A weapon? Formed from THIS soil? Here?! What a stupid girl she was. Her father wouldn't want her to... to break her directive, to be a bad girl, to become a monster. To kill her sister, his creation. He wouldn't want that, right? Course not. All at once she realized her dream, her programming before waking, had been a warning, not a command.

She held out the blade.. and it became a pillar of blue light again, her wings sliding up her arm and down it, shaping it... into a brown bag. She snuffled a little... she at least remembered these. She was a stupid girl, but... but she could be smarter. She could remember her daddy - and do something right for once. She wandered towards the old tree, towards his grave... and knealt in the dust. Gentle hands broke the turf, and the bag was unclosed, from which she produced...

... seeds.

The little girl, a younger version of Seraph, planted forget-me-nots on her father's grave, stood, and her wings came about her again, gently caressing the earth, the turf. Blue light again formed at her feet, and the turf she'd torn up faded away, and at the base of the tree, she made a small circle of rocks, and, in the failing light, Forget-Me-Nots, and the flowers Seraph had brought... bloomed, together. That just left...

She turned to Seraph, her red-rimmed eyes shrinkwrapped with tears she'd finished crying, and knew she wasn't a liar. Father hated liars, and... and father had made Seraph, too.

"... You.. y-you mean it? You really live for others, Seraph?" she said, voice as big as a mouse.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unfamiliar face (Ares)   An unfamiliar face (Ares) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An unfamiliar face (Ares)
Page 1 of 1