Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
Mistress Obsidian
The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Vote_lcapThe serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Voting_barThe serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Vote_rcap 
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Vote_lcapThe serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Voting_barThe serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Empty
PostSubject: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 11:53 pm

The Crash Alley looked as terrible as ever.

Filled with stench and decay of desperate living, this part of the city was like a festering wound, and a stain on Jump city's public image. This is where the criminal, the poor and the downtrodden lived. This place had no skyscrapers of glass and metal. No, this was the old part of the city, filled with old 3-5 story brick apartment blocks, or heathen barracks built out of wood, cardboard and who knows what else. The police didn't come often around here, and when it did - it was only during the day. A lawless place, ruled by gangs. A home to all sorts of shady individuals.

Today, the Crash Alley experienced quite a bit of commotion.

People were gathering and moving towards what used to be the quartal's central square. There were loud sounds coming from there. Music and megaphones could be heard from about a mile away. Many people were just coming to see what was going on. And the event was truly like something few had ever seen before...

The first thing anyone would notice right away, were the robed people.

There were quite a few of them, all wearing red cloaks and wrappings to cover their faces. Their voices were soothing, and each was incredibly polite. They were doing things - cleaning up debris from the square, placing tables, giving out pamphlets of some kind. In the middle, one could see several field kitchens giving out soup and porridge. For free. Lines were quickly formed, in order to get a free meal, though any struggle for places in line was just as quickly prevented by the larger-looking red-cloaked fellows.

A strange even, indeed... And what was even stranger - the plates, the chairs, the tables even... All bore a single, similar sign to them. A sign in form of a snake.
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character
Name: Harmon Tesain
Code Name: Hotwire
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 12:09 am

Hotwire was performing one of his patrols when he saw large numbers of people swarming to an alley. In fact... he had heard a police scanner activity about noise complaints from this area. Something about a large feast causing a disturbance. However, after checking in, the police determined there was nothing illegal going on, and the men had their permits in order.

Still, this seemed intriguing, and for the first time in a while... Hotwire didn't have much better to do. Besides, he was starving. He managed to get in after parking his sleek cycle, which stood out against the trash cars and low rent backdrop of Crash Alley. If anyone tried to touch the steal the thing with Hotwire more than 10 feet away... they'd get a breath full of tranq-gas.

He pushed his way through the swaths of the homeless. He was figured it was a new shelter. And then he saw the cloaks. In his mind he said the first thing that struck him.

'Cult...'
Back to top Go down
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 12:33 am

Quentin surveyed the work being done.

Or, should I say, Hafiz.

Quentin was a quiet archaeologist and a history geek, with no power, or desire, to attend something like this, much less organize. Hafiz was a whole new person. While bigger events unraveled in Jump city, he kept a low profile, working on building a small cult to appease his mistress. The Cult of the Snake. And now, he felt that it was time for his group to come out of the shadows, into the light.

- Remember, my champion... Only within sunlight a flower could grow...

The voice at the back of his head reminded him. The cloaked man could barely be set apart from his minions - his cloak was red, and covered the face as well. Only his had been more ornate - with fancy ornament at the sleeves and ends. He also had a staff - a wooden staff with a snake-head carved out at the top end.

- I am seeking new adepts for you, my Goddess... Those who do not have much left... will gladly accept your embrace. - he spoke quietly, seemingly talking to himself. A hissing laugh was all he heard, all inside of his head as well. The plan seemed to be working, too - although many came here simply for the free meal, there were some studying the pamphlets given out with genuine interest. The cloaked figures spotted those right away, and always approached, to convince those wavering to flock to the cause.

Hotwire's approach was spotted, when he started pushing through the crowds, by cultists placed alongside the perimeter. And, it would not be long, before he would find a red-cloaked person standing right next to him. Clutching to some pamphlets like those in hands of many people gathered here. It was hard to figure out how old this one was, but judging from the voice, he had to be in his twenties. He tapped on Hotwire's shoulder to get his attention.

- Excuse me, sir. There is no need to push others. Are you here to find out about the Goddess?

It probably wasn't so, but this question the red cloaks asked pretty much everyone.
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 12:45 am

Hotwire turned around, and was approached by one of these... "clergymen" and tilted his head. "Goddess?" He asked. These weirdos worshiped some kind of goddess. Maybe something serpentine. There were enough snakes plastered on this place that hotwire could probably do an in depth herpetology study for petes sake! Hyperbole aside, Hotwire wasn't interested. Although... it would be good to get some information. Never know when one of these cults turn to something deadly. Then you need all the info you can get.

"I... guess it wouldn't hurt." Hotwire said.

Reptile Goddess or Goddess of the sun, Hotwire didn't care. He just wanted to get this little formality out of the way for the records.
Back to top Go down
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 1:18 am

- Splendid! Here's a brochure.

The cloaked man seemed to have his enthusiasm rekindled, as he practically shoved the pamphlet into Hotwire's hands. On the flipside there was some text, along with a picture of their deity. On the illustration, she looked like a Naga, of sorts - a half-human, half-snake creature, with the upper body being that of a beautiful woman, with a particularly seductive gaze. It felt like just looking into her eyes at the picture was going to hypnotize... and no matter from which angle one would look at it, the eyes always seemed focused on the reader.

- Our Goddess' name is hard to pronounce, since the tongue she had been called in has died centuries ago. The closest name familiar to our ear would be 'Venomminaga'. She has returned to this world, only to find her worshipers long since gone, and temples dedicated to her reduced to dust. It saddens her greatly, and she wishes to reclaim that which she had lost. She rewards her followers greatly, and...

The preacher was suddenly interrupted when another cloaked figure emerged from the crowds. Unlike the lanky preacher, this one looked more burly, the cloak didn't hide the fact the individual looked strong. The two exchanged in an odd handsign language, before the burly man vanished into the crowd again. Then, the preacher returned his attention back to Hotwire.

- Please, forgive me this momentary distraction. As I was saying, our Goddess is a benevolent creature - she holds no ire towards those who wish not embrace her, and rewards those who do. We receive her word through her Prophet. He is here, attending this event. We are feeding the poor, to show Her goodwill.

While the preacher held the hero's attention, the burly man swiftly moved through, looking for Hafiz. Although handsigns may have seemed harmless, there was a hidden meaning to them. A message. Soon, the cultist found their leader, falling to his knees before him. Hissing out:

- Prophet, there is an intruder. Our brethren have recognized him. He is one of the Titans. He is there. - the cultist pointed in the direction he came from. Hafiz looked there with a weary glare. He didn't expect anyone to show up. The gangs and the police alike were dealt with. But who could account for such a maverick?

- Do not worry, brother. We will just need to show him we mean no harm.
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 1:37 am

Yaddah Yaddah Yaddah. Goddess this, Goddess that. Nothing of any super redeeming value. Although, just to be safe, he subtely used his powers to tell his wrist communicator to record his little talk. Hotwire was nothing if not prepared. Not to mention, the titans mainframe had so much room, that even if he took a thousand little trivialities like the file he'd put together on this group, it wouldn't make a scratch on it.

Well it seemed everything was in order... although. One thing did stick with him. The name. These guys were saying their goddess was benevolent. Yet, they were talking about a goddess of serpents, who's name, as far as anyone could recall, began with the word "Venom"

Just what were they trying to pull here? Maybe there was more to this than met the eye.
Back to top Go down
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 1:58 am

- Titans? Who are they?

The voice within Hafiz's head sounded rather curious. Being absent from this world for so long seemed to have left the Goddess clueless about certain things. Which is why she relied on her champion so much. The masked man spoke again, his words a shallow whisper, as he talked to her.

- They are ... a group. They serve justice and fight criminals. And they ... might become a threat to us.

Hafiz had no doubts about it. They were starting peacefully, but, unlike his acolytes, the man knew the bigger picture. Eventually, the interests of the Goddess and the Titans would ... clash. And it would be better if until then ... the vigilance of this maverick vigilante squad would be directed at ... something else. He made it known to her too, to which only received another hissing laugh.

- Titans fighting for good... That is hilarious. I remember having to deal with titans, the real ones, a long time ago. They were anything but good. But if you consider these a threat, you may deal with them as you wish.

Hafiz only nodded to that, and went into the crowd. He didn't have to push his way through, most people backed away on their own out of respect for his position, or the impressive frame - hidden by cloak, and a mask, his reptilian body was quite imposing still. The staff's metallic tip yanked loudly each time he tapped it against the ground. Finally spotting the hero... and one of his preachers talking his ear out. It was pretty obvious that the young man wasn't interested in worshiping the Deity... however it didn't stop the preacher from bragging on and on. Placing a hand on the cloaked man's shoulder, Hafiz spoke in a low, hissing tone.

- You did your job well, brother. Go now, there are other lost souls in need of your light.

With that, Hafiz looked upon Hotwire once more, his yellow, lizard-like eyes gazing at him through the holes of the ornate mask. He seemed to be alone. And not agitated, yet. After a pause, he spoke:

- Greetings, Titan. I was informed of your presence. Forgive me ... for not knowing your name. - he inclined his head slightly; - Still... we are honored. Is everything in order?
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 2:10 am

This... man approached them. He appeared to be their leader. They seemed to have a very brotherly comradery among them. He spoke in a low hissing inflection in his voice. Hotwire would have just chalked this up to being a choice of vocal pattern... but then he saw his eyes. Those staring... reptilian eyes.

"I'm... Hotwire." Uh... everything here seems to be in order. You have your permits and everything... so... I think you're good." He said. He was now extremely uncomfortable. Metahumans, magic or not, could be anywhere. And not all were bad, nor used their powers in public. Maybe this was one such person. But then again... maybe they were just contacts.

"I can see you're very busy however. I don't want to bother your... what's the word... communion?" He said. "I'll leave you to your feast. Have a good day Mr..." He began wondering the mans name.
Back to top Go down
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 2:32 am

- They call me Hafiz. I am Venomminaga's prophet.

The staff yanked loudly against the stone, as if putting an audible 'dot' at the end of this proposition. And even though the Titan said that everything seemed to be in order, the man could almost feel the ebbs and flows of wariness emanating from him. He made an effort to soften his piercing gaze, and even looked away a bit, into the crowd.

- And thissss... is not a communion. Not exactly. We came here, to the poorest of Jump city quartals, to offer free meals to those who cannot afford any. I'd offer you a plate of porridge or a bowl of soup, but our resources are limited. It would mean that someone in need won't get any.

It was then when he heard a sweet ringing laughter inside of his head. The Goddess, which perceived the world through her eyes, was genuinely amused by looking at this ... boy. - Really now? This one is what you call a Titan? Isn't he a bit short to be a Titan? Or did they shrink in these couple of thousands of years?

The prophet left her unanswered, just this once - talking to himself was something he reserved for more private times. The middle of conversation was not the best time for it. His eyes returned focus, as he looked upon Hotwire again, and spoke:

- Still, we would be glad if you stayed, for a while longer. Your presence alone should help us keep the order we are trying to keep. Some of the visitors are not the most mild-tempered crowd. - Hafiz said eloquently, just as in the distance a couple of robed fellows dragged away a particularly rough individual, which screamed out insults and profanities, and desperately trying to wrestle away from his captors' arms.

- I was told my brother has already got you acquainted with what we worship. Do you wish to know more?
Back to top Go down
LockOn
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
LockOn

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 4:38 pm

Bio was spending the late afternoon practicing his most dangerous daredevil techniques and tricks in Crash Alley. The place was perfect since no one really seemed to mind the stuff he did. Today's trick was a bit more tame and more of just balance and coordination practice. He was trying out parkour while skating with his fold-out shoe roller blades and skateboarding at the same time. With his kind of body the sky was the limit and this was the best hobby ever, without liberation he would have thought it insane.

He attempted to skid on the walls with the roller blades while letting the skateboard roll forward then jumping back onto the skateboard which would further it's velocity. This was the first technique he had learned in combining the two extreme arts of movement. He got so caught up and elated with the fact that he was actually on to something he didn't notice the weirdos he was about to run into. Right before he saw them, instinct kicked in and he jumped instinctually and flew over the heads over some of the cultist members.

The skateboard would run underneath their legs while Bio superman'd over them. He used on of his hands to use one of the cultist's heads as leverage and push himself over the last of the robed dudes. He then crash landed in the most amazing way, due his confidence in trying to get up even while crashing and this resulted in a mix of skidding getting up onto the roller blades and then crashing again until he finally figured it out and used the skates to skid to a stop.

He pulled himself up. "Tadaaaaa"
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 4:52 pm

"I don't think so. You're good to go. Have a good day Hafi-" He said before getting cut off by some daredevil on a skateboard. He flinched a little. "And too late." He sighed. He honestly didn't want to linger, so he decided to use the opportunity of distraction to slip out.

Honestly, he couldn't decide which rubbed him the wrong way more. The cultists, or the man leading them. He could only hope that nothing bad would come out of the Cult of the Snake.

(ooc: and exit)
Back to top Go down
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 7:56 am

- We will meet again, Titan.

With that eerie farewell, Hafiz let Hotwire be on his way. He was about to return back to organizing the event, when his train of thought had been interrupted by something human-shaped flying through the air, and making a racket upon landing. The crazy kid ran over a few tables, letting the plates and pots with soup and porridge fly. Some of the food landed on the clueless cultists the crazy daredevil just flied over, staining their robes and making them look quite miserable.

Naturally, such a dynamic entry became the center of attention. And Hafiz heard the familiar laughter inside of his head.

- Ah-hah-hah. Oh, that was impressive indeed.

The man only narrowed his eyes underneath the mask, not sharing the Goddess' impressions this time. As he approached the 'crash site', the boy was also being surrounded by the cloaked cultists, some of them still bearing the marks of liquid food having been poured over them. Neither looked happy at all.

- What is the meaning of this? - Hafiz barked out. No, actually, he wanted not an answer. This guy came out of nowhere, knocked over his stuff and humiliated his minions. Nodding towards two of the more burly-looking cultists, he ordered them:

- Kick the brat out of here.

With that, the two moved towards the boy.
Back to top Go down
LockOn
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
LockOn

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 9:43 am

Chuck noticed that he had knocked over a lot of food... Food?!

"Awww yeah, foood!"

Bio's power naturally made him much more hungry than the average human.

"Ohhh just soup and porridge? It's not my carb cycle so forge-"

He then looked at Hafiz and the rather disturbingly out of place looking guys. They were pissed off to say the least.

"Okaaaaay? Let's calm down here, do you want me to pay you back or something? Wash dishes?"

There was something weird about the whole thing, some kind of religion. Isn't that what religion did? Soup kitchens? But at least they had buildings and less sketchy places for people to come to. Also, where did these guys even come from?
Back to top Go down
observer
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
observer

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 4:16 pm

- Hrmf.

Hafiz would have none of it - he did not wish to spend time bandying words with some ruffian kid. Upon his orders, the two henchmen would grab the boy by the forearms, and start dragging him out, and away from the crowd. But as they would do so, the Prophet heard a voice within his head again:

- No need for such hostility, Hafiz. His little trick was fun. Let him go.

The man sighed, but obeyed. He gave a sign for the two to stop and let the kid go. And so they did, wordlessly and apathetically, releasing their iron grips. Hafiz was not happy about it, but who was he to not obey his Goddess? And besides... Maybe its for the best. The Cult wouldn't gain sympathizers by bullying kids around. His penetrating gaze stopped at the boy's face, as he spoke.

- Consider yourself fortunate. Your crash amused the Goddess, which is why she pardons your destruction of her property, this time. - Hafiz had said, not happy with the decision at all. He moved, past the roller-scater daredevil, and tossed over his shoulder:

- Do not repeat it, however. We cannot lose more food, with so many mouths to feed...
Back to top Go down
LockOn
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
LockOn

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 9:03 pm

"The goddess huh?"

Bio brushed himself off, not really liking this guy either.

"So what's the catch? Brochure and a blessing after food? And how come I've never heard of you guys before? There's soup kitchens several blocks down the road!"

The robes really did not help with the trustworthy look factor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]   The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The serpent's embrace [Hotwire, then open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next