Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 66 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 66 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Daddy? (Kyte) Vote_lcapDaddy? (Kyte) Voting_barDaddy? (Kyte) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Daddy? (Kyte)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 2:09 am

Rumors spread of a small, yellow-haired girl asking around town for a certain Kyte Avytrius. Of course, there weren't many of these rumors, but they managed to reach the ears of the man himself, a man who went to great lengths to protect his identity.

The name had reached other ears, as well. Hired men tracked the girl down and confronted her, trying to discover what she knew about this 'Avytrius.' Their employers knew this name, and it was of interest to them to find out what they could of its owner. Those men were left dead with several broken bones. Witnesses said the girl had smiled even as she snapped one man's neck, a joyful gleam in her blue eyes.

Now the young girl was here, at Sharky's Grill. She was happily munching on a burger she had bought, thanks to the money she had taken off the previously mentioned hired men. She was wearing a red sweater and blue jeans, along with some sneakers.

She was here on important business. She was looking for Kyte. There wasn't much information on him, but somebody had left the girl an anonymous tip that he was in Jump City. She had a feeling she would know him when she saw him.

Her eyes suddenly opened wide. Somebody was coming, somebody with magical energy. There were a lot of people like that in this town, but this one was considerable in its intensity. It was almost as strong as the aura she had felt since entering Jump City a few days ago.

On the other side of town, Shivering Jemmy smiled. The girl, Rico, had sensed Kyte's approach. She had also sensed Jemmy's presence in Jump City, despite Jemmy's half-hearted efforts to hide it. Rico was still young, but she was learning to use her powers quickly.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 3:09 am

It didn't take long for Kyte to catch wind of the rumors that were spreading around Jump about a blonde girl asking for Kyte Avytrius. Spreading a little money around through his underground network via couriers, he was able to quell the rumors before they got too out of hand, and he geared up. A blonde-haired girl looking for Kyte Avytrius. Who else could it be?

"Shivering Jemmy of the Shallow Brigade..." Kyte announced aloud, clasping up his cloak, "Shall we dance again?"

Finally done, Kyte pulled on his mask, before flying away from his home and remotely activating his security system.

Black feathers descended upon the storefront of Sharky's Grill, heralding the arrival of the Angel of Wrath. He touched down on the ground very slowly and softly, and when people saw a freak show up in a mask and cloak with angel wings, they were put at a bit of unease, and hastily left. Kyte on his sleeves a bit to make sure they were tight, before walking forward and into the establishment.

Picking out a blonde-haired child wasn't a particularly hard thing to do, and he made his way over to her, sending more people out from his appearance.

"I've heard you are looking for Kyte Avytrius."

One of the unfortunate fellows that had decided to stay looked over at him. "Hey, girlie, is this man causing you problems?"

Without a word or even a glance, Kyte put out his right arm straight, a black tendril lashing out and roping around the man's neck, burning it as he screamed, being pulled into Kyte's hand. The tendril dissipated, but Kyte held his neck in his hand, squeezing and hearing some popping. He wasn't in the mood for some annoying mortal.

Continuing, he kept his gaze on the girl the entire time.

"... It's been a long time, Shivering Jemmy of the Shallow Brigade."
Back to top Go down

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 3:26 am

A man landed outside. He landed, meaning he had been flying. Rico swallowed hard. She was a little nervous. This person was obviously powerful. She wouldn't be able to kill him like she had killed the other people. Perhaps she wouldn't have to, though. She felt hopeful that this was the man she was looking for, Kyte Avytrius.

The mysterious man killed someone who had dared to speak to him. Rico became more nervous. She didn't care that somebody had just died, but she did fear for her own life.

He called her Shivering Jemmy. This was the first time Rico had heard that name. She frowned up at him, shaking a little bit. "I don't know who that is. I'm Rico. Rico Avytrius. Are you my daddy?"
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Kyte narrowed his eyes at the child before him. She said that she didn't know who Shivering Jemmy was, but that she was Rico. Rico Avytrius.

Rage bubbled throughout Kyte. A rage he hadn't felt for a long time. Avytrius. The very woman who had brought him on the path to enlightenment. The woman who had disappeared. And Jemmy dare take Her name, even in jest? If there was anything to piss of Kyte the fastest, it was-

Kyte's eyes widened behind his mask. He dropped the corpse held in his hand, his hand moving to slowly take off his mask as he stared into the depths of the very soul of the child before him. She had different eyes, but...

Daddy? (Kyte) 673330605

"Am I your father?" Kyte returned her question scathingly. "You had better damned hope so, because the very thought that you would dare speak Her name is enough to curdle my blood."

"So if you aren't Shivering Jemmy of the Shallow Brigade, I may spare you. But my patience runs thin,"
Kyte said, ice practically dripping from his words.
Back to top Go down

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 11:50 pm

The man removed his mask slowly and stared at her with wide eyes. Judging by his reaction, Rico decided that this man was, in fact, Kyte Avytrius. She smiled, even as he stared into her eyes with humorless intensity. She smiled, her eyes filling with tears, for she had found her father.

Kyte said that he was angry that someone would speak her name. Rico wondered who this woman was. All she had said was his name, right? Apparently, she had done something wrong, even though she didn't know what it was.

He said that if she wasn't Shivering Jemmy, then he would allow her to live. She wiped some of the tears out of her eyes, still smiling at him. She knew she wasn't this Jemmy person, so she would be fine.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know I was doing anything wrong, but my name is not Jemmy. I'm Rico. My mother brought me to an orphanage when I was a baby. I don't know my mother's name, but I know your name. Mother left me a note, and told the people at the orphanage to tell me that my father was Kyte Avytrius. I don't know why she didn't want me to know who she was, but she wanted me to know who you were. And now I've found you. I'm so happy. Can...can I give you a hug?" She held her arms out wide.

Across town, Jemmy followed the conversation. She was hoping that Kyte had gotten smarter over the last thousand years or so. Otherwise, he might mess this up, and Jemmy would have to intervene. For now, she was willing to just observe from a distance.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:14 am

Kyte saw the child Rico apologize, which threw him off guard a bit. She said she didn't know she was doing anything wrong, and repeated that she was Rico, not Jemmy. She explained that her mother had brought her to an orphanage and that she didn't know who her mother was. Her mother left a note, however, with his name. Kyte thought it odd. He never proclaimed himself as Kyte Avytrius to anyone he bedded. And it's not like he had been out of hell recently.

Kyte simply looked into Rico's eyes blankly. Somewhere within him, he had known it was true since the fact had been brought up. It was just so miraculously unlikely that he wasn't listening. She finished by saying that she had finally found him, and asked if she could give him a hug, offering her arms. He looked at her, before sitting across from her. He'd have to find out who her mother was later.

"... I'm sorry I raised my voice to you, child. The name Avytrius...it's not something that's passed on through a bloodline, normally. Avytrius was someone very important to me...and She gave her name to me when she left."

"I have to say, though, Rico..."
He suddenly caught himself. She was a child, after all. Throwing her into speculation of who her actual parents were would be a very cruel thing to do. "I...yes...you can hug me."

He faked a smile, wondering how in the hell he was going to handle this.
Back to top Go down

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:44 am

Kyte apologized for getting angry at her, and explained that 'Avytrius' was actually the name of a woman he had once known. Once. That meant she was dead now. Avytrius had given her name to Kyte, which was strange. Usually it was the other way around, wasn't it? Rico wondered for a moment if this Avytrius was her mother, but it didn't seem likely. Besides, she had just found her father. She could think about her mother later. This was a time to celebrate.

Kyte smiled and allowed Rico to hug him. She wrapped her arms around him tightly, but not too tightly. She didn't use any of her magical strength, even though she was sure he could probably take it.

"I never blamed you," she said. "You never even knew I existed, right? I've been so lonely, but now we can finally be together, like a real family, forever." She released the embrace and backed up a few steps. "I have so much to show you. I have special powers, like you. I don't know if we have the same ones, though." She picked up an empty table next to her and held it above her head with one hand. "I'm really strong. I'm tough, too. I can also sense magical things, too. I could sense you before you even got here."

Rico watched her father's face for a reaction. She wanted to impress him, to show that she was special. Maybe that would make him love her more.

Across town, Shivering Jemmy laughed out loud, uncontrollably. It was working. Soon she would have Kyte right where she wanted him: beneath her heel.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:35 am

Rico hugged him tightly, and Kyte could feel she was stronger than most humans. Well, at least she wasn't a human claiming this. She said that she never blamed him, since he never knew she existed, and that she had been lonely. She said they could finally be together, and finally let go, backing up, and properly demonstrating her strength by lifting up a table with one hand and holding it above her head with no noticeable strain.

She clarified she was strong and tough, and that she could sense magic, having sensed his presence before he even arrived. His face didn't change too much from the fake smile, as he watched her.

"That's certainly impressive, Rico. And you're right. I didn't know about you up until now. Quite frankly I thought I'd been careful enough. And since we don't know where your mother is...yes, you will be staying with me."

"So tell me, Rico, what do you sense other than I?"

He was hoping that if she really were a puppet in all this, that maybe she were being used by someone else. While it wasn't entirely possible that it would be another magic user, it was his best bet.
Back to top Go down

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:23 am

Kyte didn't react to her demonstration, but he did say her strength was impressive. He also confirmed that he had been unaware of her existence until now. Otherwise, Rico was sure, he would have come to take her away from that awful orphanage. Kyte said that she would indeed be staying with him now.

Rico was happier than she had ever been. Kyte asked her if she could sense anyone other than him using her power. Rico wrinkled her forehead, as though thinking really hard. "Right now? I can only sense one other source of magic." Fear covered Rico's face as she considered the overwhelming aura across town. "I don't know who they are, but they are really powerful. They scare me."

Across town, Jemmy bit her lower lip. Kyte had found his daughter, but he hadn't formed any sort of emotional bond with her yet. Until that bond was formed, Jemmy was not ready to put her plan into motion. There was no point in a confrontation with Kyte at this time, so Jemmy decided to leave Rico's range of sensory. She teleported away, returning to the estate of a certain Mr. Hawthorne.

Rico would suddenly look surprised and relieved. "They're gone now. Whoever it was, they left." She looked up at Kyte. "So...Dad. What do we do now?"
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:57 am

Rico answered him after a bit of concentration, saying that she could only sense one other source of magic. She seemed to start getting afraid, and said that they were really powerful, and that they scared her.

Suddenly, a look of relief covered her face, and she said that the source of magic was gone, because they had left. She asked what they were going to do next. Kyte only half heard it, stroking his chin.

That's insane...but I'm glad I was right. However, Rico has to be a puppet; unfortunately I can't trust her. Unless they miraculously had somewhere to be at the same time that I asked her to look, she's being monitored. Then there's the fact that they went exactly outside of Rico's range.

I don't know who's trying to attack me...but they're clever. They also have immense magical power, and possibly know Rico on a personal level.

He snapped back to reality, looking at Rico.

"...well, Rico, are you hungry?"

He hated to work on her by lying and pretending, but he had no choice.
Back to top Go down

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:45 pm

Kyte seemed lost in thought for a moment before answering Rico's question. He asked if she was hungry. Rico glanced at the half-eaten burger she had been eating. Even after finishing the meal, she would probably still be hungry. She had gone a long time without food. She looked back at Kyte and nodded. "Yep. I didn't really eat anything yesterday, so I'm pretty hungry." Despite how hungry she was, though, she didn't pick up her burger. It had been bought with change she had collected. If her father was going to buy her something, then she wanted to enjoy it. She wanted to make sure she had enough room to finish it all.

"If you would buy me something, I'd be really happy. I'm not picky. I was the only kid at the orphanage who liked eating vegetables."
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:52 pm

When Kyte asked if Rico was hungry, she said she hadn't eaten anything the day before, so she was very hungry. She added that if he bought her something that she would be really happy, and that she wasn't picky, saying she liked vegetables in contrast to the other kids at the orphanage. The thought actually brought a smile to his face.

"Is that so? Then I'm proud of you, Rico. Vegetables are very important in a human's diet. Not all nutrients can be attained from meat, and if you want to grow, they're vital."

"However, while I do feel proud you're not that picky, this is a special occasion. I am your father,"
Kyte pulled out his wallet, and a fifty dollar bill, offering it to her, "And a father provides. Pick out every and anything you want on the menu."

Kyte was currently contemplating his next move. To get a fair idea on the limits of Rico's perception, would the person not at least need to know she had it? They might have visited her. Even once could leave an impression. He waited for her to get her food before continuing further.
Back to top Go down

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:45 pm

Kyte said that he was proud of her, and Rico's smile grew. She had tried to be a good person for as long as she could remember because she wanted to make her daddy proud. Kyte said this was a special occasion and handed her a $50 bill, telling her to order anything and everything she wanted off of the menu.

Rico looked at the bill in disbelief. She had never held this much money before. She hadn't ever even seen a $50 bill outside of movies. She walked up to the counter, her hands shaking a bit. Holding so much money made her feel nervous.

She didn't just want to get a burger again. That would be redundant. She ordered a chicken salad. Kyte had said whatever she ordered didn't have to be healthy, but it looked really good in the picture. When she got her salad, she sat down at a table and started eating it. She looked up at Kyte and smiled, hoping he would sit down, too.

"So what do you do? What are you? What..." She realized she was asking too many questions. "Tell me about yourself."
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 2:48 am

Kyte watched as Rico got a chicken salad, going and sitting with her, and not giving any opinion about the salad.

Rico had a lot of questions, which was perfectly understandable. She asked what he did, what he was, but then finally got control of herself and simply asked her to talk about himself. He chuckled.

"Well, let's see...I don't really do anything. I've worked my entire life to get where I am, so when I need money, I get it. I am an angel, or a demon. To explain a bit, a demon is to an angel what a square is to a rectangle. A demon is an angel, but an angel is not a demon."

"I am a fighter, a teacher, and a student. I appreciate the calming tides as much as I appreciate the crashing waves. I am here for one purpose, and that purpose is to experience life to its fullest, one way or the other. I cannot die as long as sin permeates the earth, and I promise to be the best father this planet has ever seen for you, Rico."

He smiled.

"I don't want to brag, but there's simply a lot to tell about myself, Rico. All you need do is ask and I will tell."
Back to top Go down

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Honestly, Rico wasn't too surprised that her father was a demon. She knew he had to be something extraordinary, unless she had gotten her powers only from her mother. But she didn't want to believe that her mother had given her anything. While Kyte had been unaware of Rico, her mysterious mother had given Rico up, like she hadn't wanted her.

But Kyte wanted her, and she wanted him.

Rico listened to his vague explanation of what he was. He promised to be the best father in the world. Rico wondered if a demon could even be a good father, or a good anything. But she was so excited to meet him that she was willing to give him a chance.

Now that she knew what he was, she wanted to know who he was. "What do you like? What do you hate? What...do you fear?" Hopefully, these questions weren't too personal. Families could talk about these things, right? She decided to answer her own questions first. "I like guns. I like shooting things, and the burnt smell a gun makes when it fires. I hate being different from everyone else. It's hard to make friends sometimes." She looked up at her father. "I was afraid that you would be gone after the Vanishing. A lot of people disappeared, and I didn't want to lose you before I even had the chance to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Daddy? (Kyte) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daddy? (Kyte)   Daddy? (Kyte) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daddy? (Kyte)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next