Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 54 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 53 Guests :: 1 Bot

Tython

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Petition For Honest's Position Vote_lcapPetition For Honest's Position Voting_barPetition For Honest's Position Vote_rcap 
Moon
Petition For Honest's Position Vote_lcapPetition For Honest's Position Voting_barPetition For Honest's Position Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Petition For Honest's Position

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Petition For Honest's Position Empty
PostSubject: Petition For Honest's Position   Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Alright. I've been absent for quite some time but have decided to return because I believe that the dear veteran, Honest, should be honored for his contribution, service, dedication, and the fact that he was such a good example in both his writing and his actions. Sure, he had some disagreements with other members on the site and sure, some of the things he said upset some people; however, a lot of those were blown out of proportion and made a bigger deal than they were, quite unfairly. We all have our bad days, and we've all said things that were hurtful toward someone else, even if we may not know it.

But let me make this clear: Honest was not a hateful or spiteful kid. He was kind and loving and happy and generous, acting as an agent of comfort and guidance to users who were having a bad day or just needed someone to talk to. He went out of his way to be kind to each and every new member, even taking some of them under his wing and helping them develop in both their roleplaying and relationships with the rest of the family here at TTRPG. He dutifully served as a moderator, taking on tasks such as reviewing applications, all of which he offered advice and acted very patient during a process that was sometimes frustrating. He wrote and headed some darn magnificent roleplays, from "Santa Claws is Coming To Town" to "More Man Than Machine: Model Eleven's Funeral" to the ( sadly ) short-lived sequel to the site-wide Alien Invasion plot-line, "What Looms Above Our Planet," of which he created an entire caste system of aliens and even did so much as requesting permission from a professional artist to use their designs as a reference to what each and every alien would look like. Honest put his creativity, talent, ideas, and writing abilities to the test as an English-as-a-THIRD-language member with every roleplay he participated in, not to mention the tedious and extensively-detailed characters, one of which he used to take up the position as temporary captain of the Night Hawks. He coded and designed personal character tags for each group's member list with fancy fonts and colors back when he was still on here, and used those skills to make his posts look great, with different colors for each of his character's dialogue not just for looks' sake, but to make it easier for readers to identify who and when a character was speaking.

Honest, the fun-loving, sarcastic, über-talented, fantastic, helpful, and uncannily creative mad Russia, deserves a place of honor, or at least a title. It's weird to see his username's color as the default green hue after all that he has done ( not saying that those who have the same color haven't. ) My suggestion is that he be inducted into the user-group "Division Six," thus making it "Division Seven" which from my understanding is a group of legends whose contributions to the site have made TTRPG the successful place it is today. From what I understand, the users Captain Leprechaun, Emblem, Krious, misurugi, and Silent Night have all been an integral part of the foundation of TTRPG, some of which actually created the site to start with. In addition, the majority of the members ( apart from JaK and Silent Night ) seem to be long-gone, and from what I understand, have no plans to return. Same goes for Honest.

As a very close friend of Honest's in real-life, I know this would mean the world to him. After all that he has done, after he has given so much of himself to TTRPG, I think it's only fair to honor him, even so much as to say that we owe it to him. I ask of you, the members of TTRPG, to lend your support to Honest and help him get at least a little of what he deserves: recognition.

And in closing, Honest understands that he may have left some bitter feelings in his leaving and other personal matters. But of all the things he has done for this site, the thing he would have never wanted to do is let anyone down or put them out of favor with him.

Please, I implore you, help me out by helping Honest.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Petition For Honest's Position   Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:02 pm

So I've read everything and to an extent I agree. I understand we all have our good and bad days and sometimes you say something you don't mean and it totally wrecks everything you've worked for here. For example, I'm basically that kid now who has to go out of her way to talk to people because I swear to much. That's just who I am. Do I get anything for trying to make stories that it turns out no one is interested in? No.

I don't think I've done nearly as much as Honest, nor do I know what he did wrong, but no one should get special treatment. Those of us who f***ed up are basically screwed here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Petition For Honest's Position   Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:59 pm

I'll have to respectfully disagree with your because I'm not asking for special treatment for Honest when it comes to forgiving him for what he did that upset people ( admittedly, I don't have a firm grasp on what really happened because there seems to be more than one version of the story floating around, which isn't too surprising because relying on the chat-box for information is like playing a game of telephone, ) but instead, for the good things he has done, which is an indisputable fact. Also, this isn't a thread asking for forgiveness; it's a thread asking for gratitude and respect for all the good he has done for TTRPG.
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Petition For Honest's Position   Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:57 pm

I'm also going to disagree with your petition, Division 6 was created for senior members to help with the site. If Honest isn't coming back then there is no reason to grant a potentially compromised account near admin level access. That would literally be asking for bad things to happen to the whole site. Further more Division 6 isn't about respect, its about the ability for contribution. Just because some members no longer come around they haven't been removed because they haven't said that someone else had their password. I respect your opinion but in this case I have to vote against you. Should he be respected, yes. Should he be granted a higher level of access to the forum, no.

Respectfully, Crypt Master.
Back to top Go down
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Energy

Location : My bedroom where I spend most my time cause I have no life XP

RPG character
Name: Milicondras Gen- *is shot and a new person walks in clearing his throat* Miley.....
Code Name: Fire Spitter (But that's only in other worlds.... for now 0 u 0)

PostSubject: Re: Petition For Honest's Position   Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 12:04 am

All I have to say is I always have had a high respect level for honest as I do for all members who have stuck it out this long or ones that were on before me so yeah thats all boop dee doop XP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Petition For Honest's Position   Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:43 pm

Crypt Master, I will also have to respectfully disagree; I’m not asking for permission to grant Honest admin-level access or special abilities. And from what I gather, permissions granted to specific individuals can be delegated individually and personally; for example, banning someone from the chatbox temporarily ( or permanently ) or allowing access to only certain parts of the forum, one of which I have been informed are moderator and up-exclusive. Honest could still be added to the group without being granted that access, which he has expressed he doesn’t want and I don’t want, either.

Also… it really puts me off that, if what I gather is correct from what you are saying, you believe that Honest would compromise this site. The thought would have never crossed his mind, let alone the thought to do ANYTHING to hinder it, especially after all he has done for it. It’s a ridiculous and radical notion, to think that he would go against everything he believed in. He loves this site. He loves its members—even the ones he seemed most hostile towards at times, and he has expressed that love and adoration toward them. Just as a side note, I know all of this because Honest told it to me, as a real-life friend and confidant, and if there’s anyone I trust in this world, it’s Honest. And I don’t even care that that’s corny or comes off as a pun, because I mean it with all my heart, and I know that at least two other members on this site think the very same thing, but it’s their call if they want to voice that or not, not mine.

Additionally, I’ve also read up on Emblem, Krious, mitsurugi, and Captain Leprechaun’s leave, all of who have clearly stated they are not returning. As evidence of that, Emblem’s last visit is recorded to be nearly over a year ago, on May 17th of 2012. Krious’s last visit was October 26th of 2012. Mitsurugi, May 21st of 2012, and Captain Leprechaun, September 4th of 2011. In summary, they’re not coming back. Neither is Honest, I can assure you of that. He has already been torn up and spat out over his relationships on this site, but his heart does still lie with this place. That’s why I’m here, to check up on everyone for him; he can’t bear to be here any longer, much like the individuals I mentioned above, but he still cares. I don’t know how many times he will have to say it himself or me to say it for him, but I will continue to do so to remind everyone of that fact. He was even given an ultimatum by a high-ranking individual who will not be named ( to prevent needless drama ) that if Honest returned, this member would leave, for good. That should say something right there. Another huge thing is that, at one point, he was offered the position of site administrator when the site was at its most chaotic and disordered. But at that same time, he had declared a hiatus, and when he finally received that PM, the tides had changed and a new administrator has been appointed. That’s how huge he was to this site, and I hope he still is even though he’s gone, and will stay that way.

And as for me having his password, I’m having it changed along with requesting that the new password is not told to me, ever. I will no longer be getting on that account after today, during which I will delete the signature that notes that I will be temporarily occupying Honest’s account. After all, it was just for finishing us his characters’, Fake and Honest, journal entries and saving the roleplays he had participated. And I mean, that was a LOT of roleplays, including unfinished ones or just light, fun ones. That should also speak to his devotion, adoration, and fondness of TTRPG. And now that it’s all done, there’s not reason for me to get on it anyway. And to be frank, the main reason why I joined is to serve as Honest's agent. I additionally tried to get into the whole roleplaying thing, but it isn't really my thing. I'll be leaving once this matter is settled.

And Paige, thank you for that. It’s good to hear something positive coming from this.

Also, as a little ending note, I would really like to get some feedback from this site’s administration and co. I’m eager to hear what you have to say in particular.
Back to top Go down
Josh
House of El
Josh

RPG character
Name: Conner Kent
Code Name: Superboy

PostSubject: Re: Petition For Honest's Position   Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Well I've been a little hesitant about posting in this topic because I haven't been sure how to word it, but seeing as you said you'd like some staff opinion I thought I'd chime in. I would like to note that this is just my own personal opinion and isn't that of the staff.

Ok here we go, now I'm going to be blunt with this and I have no doubt that you're not going to like what I say. I don't get why Honest being in Division Six is such a big bother to you, you're hardly even a member here. You don't even have a character here and weren't even around when Honest was so you didn't even know what it was like when Honest was around so I mean this in the nicest way possible, your opinion isn't that valid seeing as you don't even have an approved character nor an application. This is obviously only coming up after you've talked to Silent Night because it seems like too much of a coincidence that as soon as he brings it up to the staff that you bring it up here. Sure Honest did contribute a lot to this site there's no denying that, but if he's not going to be here then there's really no point in giving him Division Six. While most members already there don't come on anymore they were around when they became members, now it would seem pointless to give someone not around a postition with access to the admin panel. Also there has been dispute about the security of the account so until we could prove that there's no way for anyone else to access the account then we're not going to risk putting him there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Petition For Honest's Position   Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Quote :
Additionally, I’ve also read up on Emblem, Krious, mitsurugi, and Captain Leprechaun’s leave.

Respectfully I ask this; but please tell me where you read that?

Because the only person in that group to claim to never return is Simca herself. Also, Emblem I assure you has been on since then. You can make your visits private so nobody can see if you have admin access, plus he has other methods.

Additionally, while Honest has contributed a lot and had many bright ideas. Hes also had drama and issues just like any other member. To say any of us are above or more SPECIAL than any other member, simply because we were caring and admirable roleplayers is preposterous to me. I and others are in our positions because were helping, not because of novelty.

In that case, Paige also deserves to be in division Six. She has been contributing to the site left and right and never been given administrative position; evidence is her post count and general activity. Also, Crypt Master has always been sincere, kind and helpful. A lot of members have done what your making him seem like some kind of mesiah for. The Departed's post's were captivating reads every time I had the pleasure of rping with him.

I don't believe in special treatment simply because of those things. If that's the case, many need to be treated as such. His biggest claim to fame, that can actually be measured and weighted for the site and not on a personal level was creating the Faces thread in all honesty. Being helpful and being an excellent rper are titles I give to many, not just him.

Also, more specifically you're telling us one story while were getting an ENTIRELY whole different story somewhere else. I can't trust the account or anything you say currently based on just your words.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Petition For Honest's Position   Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:54 am

I doubt that JaK or I am speaking the thoughts of the entire administrative team. But I'm sure I'm not entirely alone on what I'm about to say.

Honestly (No pun intended), this petition itself is seeming preposterous at this point. Not the thought of it, but the reasons you have supplied for putting it up, in addition to the fact that Silent Night has already started a petition of his own, of sorts.

Crypt Master kindly informed you that Division Six, while a position of respect, isn't for respect. It is for members that plan on contributing to the site more than moderators do without actually being administrators. If you wanted respect for Noah, you would have dropped the case right then and there and just made a thread commemorating him. Both methods have about an equal level of commemoration.

Not to mention that almost every active member on the site knows who Noah was and of his contributions.

And, again, the legitimacy of this "petition" must be brought into question, since as I mentioned, Silent Night has been talking to the administrative team about it as well.

The bottom line is that there are too many unknown variables, and that even if they were clarified or resolved, it simply isn't necessary to give Noah a Division Six position, especially since it opens up options to the account...which you have access to.

My vote is no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Petition For Honest's Position   Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Alright, I better understand now, and am clearly in the vast minority on this idea, so I won't contest any longer. But I still wish it could have happened. I just thought it would be a nice afterthought.

I'll leave this site, now, and help rid you of this drama! Sorry that I bugged you guys. Please don't hold this against Honest, though. You can delete my account or whatnot ( I don't know what you do with unused accounts. ) I'm sure our friendly neighborhood Russian wouldn't want me to stir things up any more than I already have, so...

Happy roleplaying, everyone, and "hello" from Honest. c:
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Resident Caramel Anti-Christ
Izzy

RPG character
Name: Barbara Joan Gordon
Code Name: Batgirl

PostSubject: Re: Petition For Honest's Position   Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Well you don't have to LEAVE.

We'd still love to have you here! Just understand our position on this matter in particular Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petition For Honest's Position   Petition For Honest's Position Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petition For Honest's Position
Page 1 of 1