Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 49 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
SITE INACTIVITY!!! Vote_lcapSITE INACTIVITY!!! Voting_barSITE INACTIVITY!!! Vote_rcap 
Moon
SITE INACTIVITY!!! Vote_lcapSITE INACTIVITY!!! Voting_barSITE INACTIVITY!!! Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

SITE INACTIVITY!!!

Go down 
+2
Prophet_Misfit
Pax
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Sorry for bold title, but obviously it needs to be brought up.

So lets discuss, ways to fix this, ideas?

There are a few reasons for site inactivity that I'm seeing.

Spoiler:
Again, this isn't to place blame, this isn't to single out or say WHO is the problem or not. I'm just pointing out the obvious lack of activity and trying to show reasons for it. I myself haven't been on very much clearly. Also, the above isn't the extent of the problem, not at all, just what I've noticed.

Now anyone got ideas on how to fix it? I'd say advertising could be good.
Back to top Go down
Pax
Numero Uno Head Honcho
Numero Uno Head Honcho
Pax

RPG character
Name: Dennis Miller
Code Name: Red Hand
Villain or good guy?: Evil

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:42 pm

I'd Like to agree with JaK. Or Innovator... Or JaKoVater! It's like the Terminator except with JaK. Who terminates... because he is an Innovator! HAHAHA! See what I did there?

On a serious note I do agree with JaK on the problems. But I've got nothing on how to fix things, other than cake.
Back to top Go down
Prophet_Misfit
Prophet_Misfit

Location : The city, beating up heros, kissing chicks, and getting money.

RPG character
Name: Keith Dainels
Code Name: Azreal

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:52 pm

I'm not going to lie, in have been lazy. At times, i would look for open topics, but if they have alot of posts, i decide not to post in them. XD Or, if the posts is long, i get to lazy and do not feel like reading. I am lazy now and days. Probaly because i rp in so many places. Different sites and forums, i basically force posts out at times. I need to gert comfortable to post. XD Andi can not even log in to the CB, stupid lap top won't even turn on, it sucks. I'll try to post more, but idk.
Back to top Go down

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:00 am

Well to fix that, we can make a RPG chatroom thread. In addition, to Cbox I'm sure Foalfire wouldn't mind going in there often and livening things up...and Orion xD.
Back to top Go down
Prophet_Misfit
Prophet_Misfit

Location : The city, beating up heros, kissing chicks, and getting money.

RPG character
Name: Keith Dainels
Code Name: Azreal

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:06 am

That will be cool. I am only apart of one forum that actually likes using Ooc Threads rather than CB. Mainly because we are so use to that. CB is cool and fun and all, but it does make it difficult for some of us who can not axcess it. Sometimes make a person feel left out. Lol
Back to top Go down
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Energy

Location : My bedroom where I spend most my time cause I have no life XP

RPG character
Name: Milicondras Gen- *is shot and a new person walks in clearing his throat* Miley.....
Code Name: Fire Spitter (But that's only in other worlds.... for now 0 u 0)
Villain or good guy?: Good

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:58 am

I have been on my site trying to maintain that but i have been checking up on here and I do agree with you JaK maybe we should try a new look or a new big thread or a brand new villain or a old charrie that everyone knows magically comes back I'm sure any of those ideas could help this site out.
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character
Name: Nina Vulpes/Hazel Fairweather
Code Name: Kitsune/Thyme
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:42 am

I don't have many ideas but the chat room thread does seem good, although I'm pretty much always on the chatbox...waiting o-o...but yeah I am planning a huge vacation thread (like the party thread) which everyone will be invited to, whether they be villains, heroes or neutrals so hopefully that'll attract more people back but I do know a lot of people will have disappeared because of school/college/uni/work so maybe some of them will come back during half term.
Back to top Go down
foalfire
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
foalfire

Location : In front of the computer being brainwashed like the rest of you.

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Innovator wrote:
Well to fix that, we can make a RPG chatroom thread. In addition, to Cbox I'm sure Foalfire wouldn't mind going in there often and livening things up...and Orion xD.

My name was uttered and I was summoned.... *yawns* sadly though you woke me out of my sleep. You shall pay.... as soon as I have my coffee.... *goes to kitchen and pulls out coffee pot and drinks it all* Ah, much better.... now any way.

I saw this and instantly thought about my own threads that I start up. It used to be that I could start up a roleplay and get tons of people to get on and ask if they could join. Now I can't get any one to respond and my threads get shut down within a week with only one post....mine.

The only idea I have right now as to how to fix this issue is maybe we can start holding contests. Monthly maybe? The person(s) who posted the most in a month (or week or what ever is decided) will receive some kind of prize. Maybe there could be a special section of the site set aside just to congratulate the victors and let them go to see their victory. Like a virtual hall of fame or trophy case? Then that way we don't just see the "top posters of the site thread (since this rarely ever changes) but we can also see who is posting the most and is being most active on the site.

Maybe have a contest for charrie creation or use? Like (just a rough idea) maybe there could be a contest for creating and Using NPCs? Maybe the members can create and use their own charries, maybe a mod can create a NPC and see who best uses their charrie? Something like that perhaps?

I also think that one reason why no one is posting is, school. So the real problem we should be conquering is School! DOWN WITH SCHOOL!! BURN IT TO THE GROUND!!! Fire

But yeah, I usually try to look for threads that are open or try to start my own threads, but they never seem to last long, and if some one does reply I end up looking ike this for three to four day waiting for some one to post again. ---> Waiting
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoodleStudios?ref=hdr_shop_menu

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Hmm, well I can tell you. We can change the top poster thing to weekly and monthly, rather than keeping it on all time. Therefore, showing who has been the most active every week or month vs who had the largest amount of post 3 years ago. xD

As for contest...IDK if NPC thing works out...It hasn't been so far. However, having a character of the month thing might make people want to be more active with theirs. Smile
Back to top Go down
foalfire
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
foalfire

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Well, it was a rough idea. But I think that works. I'll try to think of some other ideas.
Back to top Go down

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:20 pm

Exhibit A) No mods have posted in here....Kind of a big issue. I'd love to get input from any of them.
Back to top Go down

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:12 pm

I have been following this thread, waiting to see what ideas people come up with. I tried the contest idea last month, during September. I feel like monthly events like that could work, but they didn't this time. There was essentially no interest in either of the "of the Month" contests that the administration supported here. Also, the administration alone cannot force people to RP, that is entirely up to the members.

The reason why people are being inactive here is quite simple in my opinion. School has started up again. Between class, homework, and socializing with old friends, school usually leaves little time for role-playing. Until people begin managing their time differently, or their schedule frees up a bit, this time is like the dry season of RP.

However, all hope is not lost. New threads are still being made. People are still enjoying the site, and that's what we want. If we want to boost site activity, the best way to do that is to boost our own activity. If you made a bunch of threads and got people to join them, activity goes up by default, and plants the seeds for future threads. Innovator, since you brought this to our attention, and considering your post count, I think you could boost site activity by your efforts alone just by starting a lot of interesting threads that various members would enjoy. I started a thread last night, taking Privateer's storyline in a new direction. Anyone can do it. It just takes some time and imagination.

So those are my thoughts on this subject. And remember everyone, you are TTRPG, so hold your heads high.

-Dar
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character
Name: Nina Vulpes/Hazel Fairweather
Code Name: Kitsune/Thyme
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:00 am

Clap I think Dar made a very good and inspirational point, I also know that one or two members have been having trouble with their internet so if people have busy schedule plus the added annoyance of no proper working internet it's just another issue to add to the bowl.
Back to top Go down
foalfire
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
foalfire

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 am

I agree. School does take up a lot of people's spare time and turn it into homework time, giving them less time on a role play site. But sooner or later they always (or most of the time) come back. then when they do we have to have some threads up for them to post on.
Back to top Go down

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:42 pm

I dunno, that definately is a reason. However, most of us joined this site in September of 2010 or a little after...That's during a school year and we never had this dry season before to this degree. Where just nothing is going on...like at all, and no new members are joining.

Also, this can't be the reason. For Paige's site is getting new members and apps everyday. Sad to say, but it's true, and every single one of them is in school.

However, Dar does make a point. Paige's site does well because there are two or three extremely active roleplayers there, joining everyone's threads. Actually 4, here everyone's threads are ending prematurely...Therefore, the best way to spike activity is to become rather active ourselves, me included. That's where the issue comes in....A lot of us are too busy to rp a lot anymore...So those of us in power should probably step aside and allow our characters to take a backseat and make room for newer members in leadership roles.

Perfect example being, when we joined there were no titans. We joined were active and site flourished, but if we allow inactive members to hold the spots they have....Well imagine how the site would've gone if we joined and weren't able to take the lead for same reasons.

Again, though Dar makes a good point. We can't force people to rp, sure we could make it easier, but that doesn't guarantee they'll become more active. However, using school as an excuse is a cop out, because just checking another site and looking at past history will tell you that's never been a huge problem in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SITE INACTIVITY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SITE INACTIVITY!!!   SITE INACTIVITY!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SITE INACTIVITY!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next