Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 47 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 47 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Vote_lcapLET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Voting_barLET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Vote_rcap 
Moon
LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Vote_lcapLET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Voting_barLET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Empty
PostSubject: LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS.   LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:19 am

CALLING ALL–– erm... EVERYONE! MEMBERS! PEOPLE! ROBOTS! NEWBIES! VETERANS! LOVERS! LONERS! WEIRDOS! VILLAINS! HEROES! GUESTS! .....aaaaaaaand everyone else I haven't covered and/or doesn't belong to any of the groups above. Click the spoiler! Do it!

Spoiler:

WHO SAPPED HAWKEYE’S POWER? DID YOU TAKE HAWKEYE’S POWER?
NEVERMIND, THOUGH. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS TOPIC, ANYWAY. THIS IS ALL ABOUT TTRPG. AND SOME IDEAS TO MAKE THIS PLACE A HAPPENIN’, JIVING, JUBILANT... UMM, EXCITING PLACE. WHERE EVERYONE IS AWESOME, TO MAKE ONE BIG... UMM... TEAM OF AWESOME! YEAH! AWESOMENESS IS AWESOME, RIGHT? YEAH!
Let’s create more roleplays that are open and appeal to a large demographic of characters. Instead of having one main plot, let’s have smaller yet more collective plots, per say a pretty decently powerful villain terrorising the middle of downtown Jump. Let’s change it up a bit by creating untraditional roleplays like superhero parties or super-villain conventions, or something even “stranger” like some sort of city-wide civic holiday centered around eco-friendly activities, physical wellness campaigns, and throw in our super-powered characters to create a strange dynamic between “ordinary folk” and “powered-beings.” Or, we could do something like having JC’s mayor ask the Titans to volunteer in classrooms or help with some big construction problem. A city fair could be held, with amusement rides, unhealthy food, and musical guests come in. We have so many roleplays with so many awesome characters with awesome powers doing awesome things, but we forget the realism that is necessary to balance-out such extraordinary circumstances. A great deal of our roleplays involve a couple or few characters encountering each other at random, usually in an urban area or on city streets where there is no true dynamic to the setting. If I were a super-being, I would get incredibly bored being in such a provincial setting. If I were considered a superhero celebrity and a world-wide hero, I wouldn’t think of casually walking down an alleyway unless I’m literally looking for trouble. If I were a superhero, it would be awkward to do something so menial yet meaningful like giving motivational speeches to an audience of humans who don’t have the kind of ego and pride that comes with being god-like. Think of the awkward coughs, think of the old back-row ladies whispering to each other remarks like, “well, it’s easy for a young man with alien powers to feel pretty special,” or “I liked ‘em better when they wore bright costumes,” or have a gathering of police officers that are feeling pretty darn left out and not as helpful as they used to be, and rightfully so.

Spoiler:

If I lived in a city that was protected by superheroes more famous and praised than Hollywood celebrities, I’d be insanely jealous and even apprehensive of their presence. Going to town meetings would never be the same with superheroes around, because I’d say that the topics of concern would be the safety of ordinary people against supers that aren’t good guys, or how the police squad’s pay salary is dramatically decreasing because superheroes are doing the jobs that earn them the most money, and then some. As real-life members playing such fantastical characters, this website is a little “home-away-from-home” where you can be whoever you want to be. It’s awesome to “be in control” of something you created with your own imagination and your own determination, especially when the stories written in the process are really cool and fun to look back on. However, it seems that sometimes we take this universe for granted because it does offer so much freedom, and in that freedom, our characters become more and more inhuman and less relatable, which is what people like when they read comics. Personally, I love Batman because he’s an ordinary fellow but he kicks ass like nobody’s business. I can relate a lot to Mystique because I feel so lost and unsure of my own identity, not only because I’m a teen but because I come from such a varied background. The Joker is appealing to me because of his insanity and how his mind ticks like a time-bomb. Above all comic book characters in all aspects of comic book universes, Loki is the guy I feel the most familiar with because I’m an outcast, I’m mischievous, I like to poke fun and mess with people, and I’m an incredibly jealous fellow. I also like cool helmets and fancy hair!

Spoiler:

Veterans, adopt a newbie! Newbies, latch on to a veteran! Let’s come together as a community, not a forum. No one can make you, of course, but who wants to be on a site where you don’t know very many people or feel subjugated because of one thing or another, whether it be different roleplaying styles, personal opinions, past grudges, and all sorts of other corny stuff like that! We might as well get along, because we can’t control who comes or who goes in this website anyway. I’ve had numerous quarrels with numerous people. For example, I had a lot of problems with Innovator and I think it’s fair to say that he had some problems with me, but we’ve gotten over that and we roleplay just as it should be. In a perfect Internet/real life meshed world, we’d be able to separate our real-life selves and relationships/lack of relationships, put that aside, and let our characters have a clean slate to start on. My character Backlash pretty much hates everyone, (well, okay... she truly does hate everyone), but you don’t see me going around, out-of-character, and start causing problems and deliberately jabbing at everyone’s edge of patience (not to say that I haven’t done that in the past, but I can’t recall).

Is anyone with me on this? Am I the only one feeling kinda... sluggish and unmotivated? I want to do something with EVERYONE. Who’s with me? Any takers? Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Prophet_Misfit
Prophet_Misfit

Location : The city, beating up heros, kissing chicks, and getting money.

RPG character
Name: Keith Dainels
Code Name: Azreal
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS.   LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:04 am

That was long, but i agree. Though i have not been here long, a week, maybe? I don't know, but yeah. I agree with you.

Back to top Go down
Bow
Bloo's 7 Secret Agent
Bow

RPG character
Name: Rain Lynn Bow
Code Name: Rainbow
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS.   LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:27 am

Hooray for unity! Hooray for relatability! Hooray for "world" wide threads! cheers
Back to top Go down
Emmz
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Emmz

RPG character
Name: Nina Vulpes/Hazel Fairweather
Code Name: Kitsune/Thyme
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS.   LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:51 am

I did try something like that with the party thread but it's kinda lost its sparkle with the lack of replies now.

https://ttrpg.forumotion.com/t2390-party-at-the-lake-everyone-invited

That's the link of anyone wants to join it.
Back to top Go down
foalfire
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
foalfire

Location : In front of the computer being brainwashed like the rest of you.

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS.   LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:02 pm

I think your right Honest. I felt a lot better and more social about people when I was calling out the newbies and attacking them with"Welcome to the site" messages. I don't know why I stopped, but I should get back into that. When I was new here I was so lost I messaged any one who wason and would have given up on this site because it seemed no one wanted to help a newb. (Now lets try to imagine this site with out me, Jay, Nikki, Sabrina. Yeah, not pretty.) But then some one finally responded and told me how to put up a charrie and what topics were good fr newbies like myself and so on. I realized then that this site was actually really fun.

I agree that we need more toned down meetings and more social gatherings like the fair and talking with upset police officers. It just seems that when ever I had tried to start one of these, it didn't get any responces. But now hopefully since Honest has alerted every one to this, maybesome one will understand and join in. I don't know why nobody has done the whole fair thing, I mean how many times have you seen Beast boy and cyborg goin at it with video games, or the team at the fair winning Raven a giant stuffed chicken? Or when they watched scary movies allnight? Come on guys!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoodleStudios?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS.   LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LET'S PUT THIS SITE ON STEROIDS.
Page 1 of 1