Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 58 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 58 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Vote_lcapA History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Voting_barA History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Moon
A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Vote_lcapA History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Voting_barA History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

A History Lesson (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character
Name: Victoria Wesley
Code Name: Mira
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Victoria applauded, ignoring that little voice in the back of her mind that was commenting on the sheer absurdity of what she was doing. Teaching a large, insect-like alien to read and speak proper English...then again, her entire life seemed to be a series of absurd events she would never have dreamed possible. After so many, it just seemed easier to follow the path through Wonderland and see where she ended up.

She smiled as he began to trace them with his talons, speaking the proper letter with surprising pronunciation given his different physiology. "You are doing admirably, Tiberius...! I am very impressed at how quickly you learn. Especially without a teacher of any kind! What would you like to learn next...?"

This must look absolutely ridiculous to passers by...but he and I share a need to learn. He must communicate, and I must understand the things around me that others find commonplace.
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Tiberius smiled and said. "sentence." He jumped over her without trying, clearing her by a good four feet. Tib then ran to a book flipping it open with a tiny claw on the back of his talon doing his best to be gentle. Tiberius was looking at the page intently but his expressionless face didn't allow it to show.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:13 pm

"Sentences al--oh, my...!" She ducked out of reflex, feeling rather silly for it when he had never been in any danger of hitting her. He darted down the aisle, finding a book and staring down a page. She assumed as such, at least, though it looked very strange for the being to hold the book so gingerly with his talons. The grey girl scooped up her history books, following him as best she could given her much shorter legs.

"Sentences always start with a subject and an action," she did her best to explain. "For example...you read." Best to keep it simple to start; if this being was as intelligent as she figured, it wouldn't be long before she would have to explain grammatical structures.

"I carry," she added, holding up the books she had brought with her. She refused to leave without them.
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Tiberius looked over at her and said. "I jump you so I read" Tib smiled having wondered why they had used all the filler words in the past but stringing them together like they did seemed to make sense. Tib looked back at the book and began saying the letters instead of putting them into words.

Tiberius looked up at her to see if he was doing it right. He waited excitedly this was the first time anyone had actually taught him.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:39 pm

"You are indeed a quick learner," Victoria smiled, though it faded slightly as he attempted to read by simply rattling off the letters. Speaking a language and reading it were two entirely different skill sets...and it was clear which he found easier.

"When you read, you say the letters together. See how they are spaced apart? Every cluster of letters is a word. They mean something more together than they do apart." She hummed, looking about for something metal. Being able to make her own visual aids would be useful...but the only thing nearby was already in use in holding up the books.

She stood on her tiptoes, trying to see into the book so she could show him a word. Finally, she pointed to one that she could display. "This one says book. That is what 'book' looks like as a word."
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Tiberius watched her move absorbing everything and he began speaking again saying. "B o o k... Book. sounds letters different."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:04 pm

"It does," Victoria nodded. "What you have been reciting are the names of the letters, what we call them when they are alone. However, within words they symbolize certain sounds. B, in most cases, sounds like 'buh'."

She gestured to another word, a relatively simple one to sound out. "Give this one a try..."
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Tiberius looked concerned and guessed at the sounds, he was close but still a little off. Rather than cat it came out "Caught"
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:18 pm

"Very close," Victoria reassured him, feeling a bit caught herself in these lessons. Ah, well...she was being helpful, and he seemed to be enjoying the whole thing. How long did they expect to be at this, though? The library was only open so long, not to mention hunger or thirst after a few hours. Perhaps until then?

"This is 'cat'. A, E, I, O, U, and Y have a few sounds that they express. There are some general rules, but with so many exceptions, sometimes the only way is to hear it and commit it to memory."
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:28 pm

ooc: what happens when he gets hungry >Very Happy

IC:
Tiberius smiled and nodded absorbing the information he asked "Sounds please." he wanted to know what they were so he'd be able to make the right ones. he was fairly certain if he knew them that he wouldn't have any trouble.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:07 pm

((I'm afraid now.))

"Of course," Victoria answered him, reciting the vowel sounds for each letter, from the "ahs" and "ays" to "uh" and "you". She knew it would grow more complicated with vowel combinations, but Tiberius seemed to catch on quickly enough. She had faith in his capability.

She moved from there to the consonants, discussing hard and soft Cs and consonant combinations like sh and ch.
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Tiberius smiled and and nodded he looked back at the book and began reading the words quite better. he was having no problem with the words now and said. "I'll hunt us food, you follow to forest?"
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:10 am

Victoria blinked...in a matter of a few hours, the being's speech had grown much more complex, even with the addition of contractions. Now, it was, as she could tell, asking her to share a meal with him. "I appreciate the invitation, Tiberius...but I am unsure as to whether or not we eat identical foods. Even if you do hunt something I could dine upon, I would be required to cook it."
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Tiberius nodded and said. "Sorry I have no fire. Thank you for teaching me, let me know if you need anything to pay you back. I'm in symbiote so you can find me at the base." He started walking out the door.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:47 am

"Your gratitude is enough for me," Victoria answered, grinning softly as she dropped curtsy again. However, she paused after returning to standing. Symbiote? Base? She was utterly confused. She had heard of the Titans, yes, as well as the Hive...but this was new.

"P-pardon me," she interjected at the door. "Now I do not understand...what is 'Symbiote'?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A History Lesson (open)   A History Lesson (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A History Lesson (open)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next