Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 60 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 60 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
The Magnificent Mumbo Vote_lcapThe Magnificent Mumbo Voting_barThe Magnificent Mumbo Vote_rcap 
Moon
The Magnificent Mumbo Vote_lcapThe Magnificent Mumbo Voting_barThe Magnificent Mumbo Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

The Magnificent Mumbo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

The Magnificent Mumbo Empty
PostSubject: The Magnificent Mumbo   The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:53 am

Kyte landed in the top floor of Seth's tower, folding his wings as he walked inside and let Mumbo down, looking around for Seth. He didn't seem to be quite here yet.

Make yourself at home. We're going to wait for him here.

He looked around the room, before settling on the couch, his back wound healed already.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix

PostSubject: Re: The Magnificent Mumbo   The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:09 am

It took a surprising lot out of you – being suspended in the air. Though Mumbo had technically done nothing, all his wears of battle were now aggravated. He was currently devoid his adrenaline rush, and thus susceptible to fatigue. Unwelcome reminders of his true age and place on this earth. The old man tried not to give in and made straight for a bathroom. After having splashed some cool water on his face, it took but a moment more to straighten out his tuxedo.

The magician re-entered the first room. He turned to Kyte and held up his arms, both suddenly absent of hands, “Powerful soap you have.” The small jest was revealed as the missing digits suddenly crawled up Mumbo's shoulders, “I don't need fingers, however, to know that this was not the number that went inside. What happened to the others? And how 'not to plan' did that invasion actually go?” He had been mostly sidetracked during the proceedings, but Mumbo recognised a retreat when such happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Magnificent Mumbo   The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:38 pm

"The mission was a complete failure." Seth walked into the room, coming from the elevator. He walked over to his desk and sat down with a sigh of relief. "Kyte is the only one of my original agent to survive. The loss of manpower is tremendous." Seth thought about Rico, about Orta, and about all the others. They had served him well, and he had become slightly attached to them all.

Seth removed his mask, revealing his face and his green eyes. "At the same time, it was a complete success. Even though I do not have control of the EM weapon, we did set her loose upon the world. She will now mercilessly hunt down all meta-humans." Seth pulled out a bottle of champagne from his desk. He had been saving it for this very day. He poured himself a glass and took a long sip. "Of course, this includes both of you. I'm sorry to have put you in harm's way after all you have done for me, especially you, Kyte. But this has been the plan all along." He took another sip. "As the number of meta-humans dwindles, this world shall finally receive the punishment it deserves. The new era is upon us. It will be a violent one."

Seth put down his glass and looked at his two minions. "I'm sure you have thoughts on all of this. Tell me, while I yet live."
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Magnificent Mumbo   The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Timing was everything, and Seth had it in spades. The man had made an entrance while simultaneously answering his question. A full answer, more than he had received going in. The minute intricacies of the attack had been lost to Mumbo at the time. He had to entertain. Titans could be so inconsiderate.

So their target had escaped and gone on rampage. Perhaps it was fortunate that the magician had not found it. The weapon must have been responsible for the massive explosion that had rocked the battlefield. It was only through the intervention of Psychosis that Mumbo now lived. A reality that he would very much love to substitute for his own.

“And you think this violent new world will allow us to...” Mumbo tried to search for the exact words to his desired meaning, “Make it big time?” For if the heroes of this world gave another display as they had tonight, not even Mumbo had enough arrogance to stand in opposition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Magnificent Mumbo   The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 11:48 pm

Seth chuckled. "Not at all. This new violent age will not allow any option except to shrivel up and die. Every man, woman, and child on Earth is now counting down the days to their demise. This world of crime, violence, and evil will finally cease to exist. This is what must be done."

Seth was the ultimate hero. That was how he viewed himself. The world didn't need to be protected; it needed to be destroyed. EM would make that happen. He smiled even as his chest and legs went numb. Seth coughed. The poison was affecting him now.

"This champagne is poisoned," Seth said happily. "I've been waiting for the day when I could drink to my own death. That day is today. I thank you both for your help. I hope you survive long enough to find some sort of redemption." Seth took one final drink of the champagne and put down his cup.

"My work here is done."

Seth closed his eyes and died.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Magnificent Mumbo   The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:14 am

For the second time tonight a situation unravelled far beyond the control of mystics or illusion. And as Seth croaked his last, having made his achievements known, his mind-control finally died along side. No longer did those Venom drinkers spare him any concern.

Leaning forward, Mumbo pressed both palms against the desk as he peered over at the dead man, “Bah! What a fool. So wily he wiled himself to death.” One of his arms then swept out to knock the champaign bottle clear off its perch. It shattered on the floor spilling its deadly concoction.

Turning on his heel, he grimaced at the demon who'd brought him in. At least Mumbo had only worked for Seth a short while, the one called Kyte must have for a lot longer. These revelations would have meant a great deal more to the stranger, “If you want to bury him, go ahead. But the circumstances here were already grave enough for my likings.” Releasing a power like the EM weapon had indeed changed the playing field like Seth had planned. After tonight even meta-humans would be hunted down. All according to the whim of one smart visionary.

Mumbo spared some theatrics and exited on foot through the doorway. Off to recover from his injuries. Certainly not looking for redemption. Behind him the tainted bottle of champaign was once again in one piece.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin

PostSubject: Re: The Magnificent Mumbo   The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Kyte watched Seth with a blank stare. He spoke nothing of his thoughts on the whole matter of the EM weapon. Seth had apologized for unleashing the EM weapon, for it would now track down Kyte as well. He shrugged. He appreciated a challenge. However, Seth seemed to think that with all of his abilities, he wouldn't stand a chance. He'd love to prove him wrong, but he had other matters to attend to.

Mumbo asked if the new world that Seth was talking about would allow them to make their debut of infamy, and Seth laughed, saying that everybody was going to die. Kyte questioned this, because the EM weapon was meant to take out MetaHumans.

It was then that Seth revealed that the wine he was drinking was poisoned. Kyte raised an eyebrow to this; it would seem that Seth was trying to kill himself. Nothing that could be done about it now, he supposed. Seth thanked them both for their help, and then died.

As Kyte watched on expressionlessly, as Mumbo said Kyte could bury him if he wanted to, but said the circumstance was too grave for his liking, and then left. Kyte coughed, staring, and then burst out, laughing, as his hair went from a black to a ghost white. Once the fit was over, he smiled gently down at his former partner...and friend, of sorts.

He walked over to Seth's chair, gently lifting his body as the warmth drained from it, and exited the building. Kyte was honorable, and loyal. Seth deserved to be buried.

-Three days later-

Three men, garbed completely in black, even shrouding their faces, were digging a hole. Seth was in a coffin, with his mask removed. He had black hair, and green eyes, a sight Kyte had never been privy to prior to his death. Seth was in the most expensive tuxedo money could buy, and had a specially grown black rose in his hands. His usual mask lay on his chest, above his hands, as his pink ring lay on his finger in the exact spot. Kyte had not even tried to remove it. As the clan members announced they had finished with the grave, Kyte wondered what had driven this man through his life.

Were we kindred spirits, you and I? Kyte asked aloud. The clansmen looked at each other, and then one stepped forward.

Watashitachiha eigo o-

Kyte interrupted him with a Silence. The man had been trying to tell him that they didn't understand English quite well, but they knew that word as much. Kyte turned to Seth's coffin once more. Well, here we are, old friend. It took quite a bit of work to get you all the way here. Kyte spread his arms, as if putting on a show. Japan. Yes, yes, I know my fascination with this place seems to annoy you...however, I didn't want our buddies at L.A.W. tracking your corpse down for whatever they wished, now did I? He let his arms drop.

An unmarked grave in unknown territory. You deserved better. I'm sure you would have made a fine warrior, Seth. And as a fine warrior, you could have had a glorious warrior's death. However...there is something I appreciate in the way you died. Kyte grinned. In a way...you did die a warrior. You denied anyone the opportunity of killing you, and frustrated them by not being able to extinguish your life theirself.

Kyte thought for a moment. I didn't know you very well, Seth. I still don't. But I can still say good things.

You gave me a reason for living again. Up until I had met you, I had just been a speck; a boring existence. Ever since being cast out of Paradise I have been bored. You gave me a means to entertain myself. Most importantly...you gave me someone to love.
He thought of Rico. I didn't love her romantically. Of course, you probably already knew that, because of your psychic. Rico was a light in my life. She was the little sister I never had. She took bullets for me...fought for me...and, ultimately, I let the both of you down. I was too arrogant, and off doing my own things. A drop of blood leaked from one of the corners of his eyes. He smiled gently. That being said, I consider both of you deaths my fault...though you took your own. The only other friend I had on this earth, is the one who took her away from us. And that bastard will not have a proper burial. Kyte took a moment to erase a fly from existence who had dared near Seth's corpse.

Before your untimely death, you told me that you were hoping I could find some sort of Redemption. I took your words to heart. My Redemption shall be destroying everything the Titans hold dear. My Redemption shall be destroying everything that once stood in your way, L.A.W. included. My Redemption shall be living while you rest. Kyte placed a hand on Seth's head, letting it linger.

Well...it is time for us to part ways, my friend. My partner in crime. I'll even go so far as to say... Kyte lifted his hand, and began to close the coffin, My brother.

He closed the coffin, a sound signaling it was airtight. The vermin of the earth did not deserve to feast upon Seth's corpse; nor would they ever. It was an unmarked location in Japan, one in Kyte's name, and would be strictly watched over from that time on. If anyone ever visited the location, Kyte would know. As his clansmen put Seth to ground, Kyte waited, paying his last respects. He would track down the other Agents' bodies, and have them buried along Seth. All except Mars.

As the burial was finished, and Kyte exited the area via helicopter, he thought a bit. Perhaps my final resting place will be here as well, millenia from now...but as for the present, Kyte looked out upon the ocean, as they were heading to America.

My Redemption begins now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Magnificent Mumbo   The Magnificent Mumbo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Magnificent Mumbo
Page 1 of 1