Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 45 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Night Falls again. - Page 2 Voting_barThe Night Falls again. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Moon
The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Night Falls again. - Page 2 Voting_barThe Night Falls again. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

The Night Falls again.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Capricious
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Capricious

RPG character
Name: Juliette Berns
Code Name: Capricious
Villain or good guy?: Good

The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Night Falls again.   The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:23 am

Julie listened quietly, accepting his words.
"You have to teach me if I'm to learn, Zack. But you're in no state to actually move much. So tell me, tell me what you want me to learn. We're both up and I don't know if sleep really helps you, so we can start right now." She looked at the man she had grown to love as an older brother, more mentor.
Yes that was it, he was her mentor. And that made her his student, for him to instruct.
Julie knew that she could learn more from him than from anyone else on the team and she also knew that his advice to learn as much as possible was right. As much as she didn't like it, she didn't know how much time he had left. It was best to absorb as much as possible, as soon as possible. And from there she'd be on her own.
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character
Name: Zack Wylder
Code Name: Silent Night
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: The Night Falls again.   The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Zack stared at Julie for a long time, his face unreadable. After what seemed like an eternity, he finally spoke. "I suppose the most useful information I could give you is to teach you what I know about L.A.W. and it's agents." There was a long pause as Zack gathered his thoughts. "The first thing you need to know about L.A.W. is it's size, it's power, and the sheer amount of influence that the organization has. L.A.W., while evil beyond belief, is fully sponsored and protected by the United States Government. It is a branch of the U.S. military that officially doesn't exist as far as the vast majority of the Government is concerned. They are capable of requistioning any and all recourses at the disposal of the U.S. Government, including any and all military personel, and have the authority to make their own descision as far as whether or not to use deadly force. L.A.W.'s hierarchy is very similar to a chessboard, with a few differences. The general in charge of the organization and his companion, Eternal are considered to be the game's players, chessmasters if you will. They control everything that L.A.W. is and does. L.A.W.'s five top weapons, while not in charge of anything, are the main strength of L.A.W. and therefore are considered far more important than the others under L.A.W.'s control. Each one is named after a chesspiece. They are the Rook, the King, the Queen, the Bishop... And the Knight." There was a long pause before he continued. "I can tell you what I know of all of them. Which do you want to learn about first?"
Back to top Go down
Capricious
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Capricious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Night Falls again.   The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:10 am

Listening and memorizing any and all facts she could Julie knew this information could save lives someday.
In that moment she promised herself something.
As long as she was still on this earth, she'd do whatever she could to bring LAW down. For Zack. She felt she owed him that much.
"...The Knight, then the Bishop, The Queen, The King and The Rook" she tried to figure why they were called what they were called and could only deduce that their position or function was similar to that of their respective chess figure.
"Then Eternal and his boss." she nodded.
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Night Falls again.   The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Zack's grin twitched. There was another pause, this one longer. For some reason, it seemed more tense than the others. Finally, he continued. "The Knight... He is the most recent addition to the perfected weapons. Each weapon had their sanity stricken from them, and each mind shattered differently. The Knight is violent and sadistic. A cruel bastard who finds nothing more beautiful than the blood on his knife as it glints in the light of the moon. As a knight on a chessboard does not move in a straightforward fashion, so too is it with the Knight of L.A.W.. He moves in the shadows, unseen by all he does not wish to see him. A master of redirection, he specializes in turning his opponents attacks against them. However while he prefers the shadows, he is just as at home in a battlefield with bullets and shells whizzing past his head. Not that any can touch him. He is unbeatable in conventional combat, for he is protected by a layer of a unique alloy developed by L.A.W. and it's researchers. While incredibly heavy, this alloy is incredibly strong. Strong enough to shatter any other element on this planet, and likely on any other. Bullets don't leave a scratch, not even the higher caliber vehicle mounted weaponry. However it has a weakness. A weakness that you, Julie, can exploit more than any other person. The alloy is superconductive to cold, heat, and most importantly to you, electricity. Enough to where a tazer is more than fatal to someone in direct contact with the allow, as he always is. Similarly, if you were to wear a gauntlet made out of the alloy, assuming you could lift your arm at all to begin with, and placed your index finger against the lit end of a cigarette, you would at minimum, receive third degree burns as high as your bicep. There are similar results with cold. Use this to your advantage. Anyone equipped with this alloy has similar weaknesses. Get them on unstable terrain if you can, where their weight will work against them, get them in water, where it won't matter if you hit them with an electrical attack, as long as it's in their general direction. And fry them. They're monsters Julie. Every single one of them. Not one deserves any mercy, nor any forgiveness. And as long as one of them stands, L.A.W. can rebuild." Zack paused once more to collect his thoughts. "The next weapon is the Bishop. While the Knight is a stealth expert, he's more of a jack of all trades. It's the Bishop who is the real expert in stealth and terror tactics. He's L.A.W.'s jackal - he hunts down prospective candadites for L.A.W.'s experaments. When his mind shattered it did several things. First, it made him arrogant beyond belief, and equally jealous. He's always brooding and never satisfied. In addition, he hates being seen and only goes out into plain view when he's under direct orders. He used to be a speed based metahuman - he could run fast enough to become a blur. When L.A.W. took him, they surgically augmented his power, trading stamina for speed. He appears to teleport, but don't be fooled. He's only moving faster than your eyes can track. Nighthawk can't run forever like this, and his dispositon means he hates ranged combat with a passion despite his skill with a pistol. So engage him from a distance. However watch out when he finally decides to use the pistol, as he can draw it as fast as he can run and it fires .75 calibre explosive shells at an alarming rate. He also has anywhere from three to five throwing knives on his person at any time. However he preffers to use the "Hawk's Talon" - a mechanized gauntled encasing his right arm, the fingers of which end in razor sharp claws. In addition to being able to slice through steel, he has energized this claw with a power source on his back, meaning simply being grazed by it will not only rend armor, cloth, and flesh with equal ease, but deliver a massively painful shock. The Nighthawk's main weaknesses are as follows - He has a nervous tic in his right arm, so you can hear the clicking and hissing of his guantlet if you listen closely. He's very arrogant, and easy to goad into anger. He's predictable - his favorite method of attack is to toy with his opponent, wearing down their nerves until they can't fight effectively and then charging head on, only to flit around behind and slash at his prey's back. Finally - your greatest hope in facing him alone lies in his main method of attack: he likes to toy with his prey. He'll purposely drag out a fight for the fun of reducing an opponent to nothing. He'll intentionally attack not to kill, but to maim. If you face him alone, it's not particularly difficult to drag the fight out long enough to allow help to arrive. And because he hates being seen, he'll think twice about attacking anywhere crowded, and if your allies number too many, he will flee." Zack paused to shift slightly in his pod, not enjoying the sensation of the machines working to reknit his flesh. "The next weapon is the Queen. Don't let her looks decieve you, she is just as dangerous as all of the others, if not infinately more so. In appearance, the Queen is a little girl, no more then seven or eight. I have very little information on her as I have yet to face her, but apparently she's an unimaginably powerful psychic. If the rumors are even a fraction true, she has a small army of mentally enslaved minions, a fact that is only allowed because it occupies enough of her mind to keep her from tearing open the locks that bind her own mind to L.A.W.'s will. Other than that, I can tell you very little. Physically, she is a non-combatant, but the battle does not have to be a physical one. If you want any hope of facing her, you must either find a way to shield your mind or bring something she wants more than you - something else for her to focus her mind on long enough for you to kill her. Of the next weapon I know even less. The King is a myth, a legend beyond any comparison. According to the rumors, L.A.W. didn't heven have to operate on him - his own power drove him mad. According to whispered rumors, he is apparently an even stronger psychic than the Queen, but his power only works to hear the thoughts of others. When his powers were developed, something happened to him. Instead of being able to choose whether or not to listen to what others think, he found he could not turn off his power. His condition worsened over time, and eventually he could force himself to only hear the thoughts of a dozen people if he focused every ounce of his willpower into not listening to thoughts. Eventually the constant voices drove him insane, and this increased his power exponentially, though it also had an unexpected effect. He now hears every lie spoken by everyone on this planet. All at once. According to the rumors he is chained in a hidden room where he constantly babbles information. His room is surrounded by endless ranks of recording devics, both human and machine, all writing down every word he says so that it may be used to L.A.W.'s benefit. Whether or not he is capable of anything else, I do not know... The final chesspiece is the Rook. He's a massive brute, standing at ten feet, seven inches and weighing about three thousand pounds. The Rook was injected with dozens of different drugs that caused rapid muscle growth, swelling him to disturbingly massive proportions. He grew at an alarming rate, outgrowing his flesh, splitting out of it in a burst of gore. His flesh was replaced by a reinforced black bodysuit, covering all save his eyes. In addition, extensive brain surgery was performed, like that performed on all of the other experiments - shattering his mind and reducing him to little more than an empty shell mentally. This means your hypnosis will likely not have any effect on him. In fact, the general lack of sanity among the weapons means your hypnosis very well may not be of much use - unless you were to use it on someone else. The Rook's version of insanity comes in the form of a berserker rage. There is no such thing as friend or foe to him, only more things to crush. And crush he does, as his weapon besides his own body takes the form of a six foot tall war hammer made of the same alloy that is riveted in massive solid plates to his bodysuit - the very same alloy utilized by the Knight and the Bishop. And what's more, his head is encased fully in the alloy, save two rectangular slits for his eyes. That's one of his biggest weaknesses. He had no peripheral vision. In addition, he is exactly what you'd expect in a tank, all brawn and no brains. He's easy to trick if you're fast enough to avoid him. Unfortunately he's near impossible to injure - you'd have to hit an eye slit or a joint between the riveted plates. But the problem is that even then, the rapid growth of his muscular system left his nervous system underdeveloped and in ruin. He can't feel pain for several seconds after damage is inflicted to him and can keep fighting long after someone else's body would have shut down from pain or sheer damage. Your main hope against him lies in his method of transport. L.A.W. can't just have him loose all of the time or he'd just keep smashing L.A.W.'s men as well. So they keep him in a massive reinforced stasis chamber when he isn't needed. It's about the size of a shipping crate you might see on cargo ships, but thanks to the wealth of resources at L.A.W.'s disposal it's fairly portable, and the Rook can be deployed relatively quickly wherever he's needed. I was certain I had killed him at the facility L.A.W. once maintained at the city docks here in Jump, but he has resurfaced once more. I fear L.A.W. has found a way to recycle their fallen, or at the very least, ressurect them long after they shouldn't be able to. Every corpse has an expiration date you see, but as long as a soul inhabits a body, it will live, reguardless as to the damage it has recieved. The problem is, the soul leaves when the body cannot sustain it. I know L.A.W. has a method of forcing the soul to remain no matter the damage, but I also know that it was not present at the docks that night. I have mused that they may have some method of capturing a soul as it leaves the body, but such thoughts are for later. Your lesson must continue while I am still conscious. " Zack shook his head. "All I know of the master of L.A.W. is that he is a high ranking member of the military. I do not know which branch for sure, but I have narrowed it down to the Army or the Marines. I know he exudes an air of such experiance and authority that he cannot be as young as he looks. However of far more importance is his right hand, Eternal. Eternal was the first of his kind: The world's first metahuman. How he came into being is anyone's guess, but he is his name in every aspect. I mentioned that a body cannot die while a soul resides in it? He is L.A.W.'s method of keeping the dead among the living. As long as he is near, no soul will leave it's body. It may seem crazy or impossible to you, but I have experianced this firsthand: it is how I am alive today. When Nighthawk - the Bishop - killed my parents, he killed me too. He tore a hole in my chest with his talon. But Eternal was close enough to keep me alive. I could see inside my own chest, like some macabre cross section. I could see my heart pumping, I could see inside my lungs as they inflated and deflated, filling with air as normal despite the lack of a large section of their walls... But Eternal is no God. He cannot affect all of L.A.W. at once, so he stays by his master's side at all times. Where the chessmaster goes, so does Eternal." Zack finally stopped, and stared at Juie with shudder inducing intensity. "This is no task you can finish alone Julie, and I fear even the entirety of the Titans will be unable to finish the task. This will require more training and preparation than anything you have ever concieved."
Back to top Go down
Capricious
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Capricious

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Night Falls again.   The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:29 pm

Julie bit her lip before nodding, absorbing the information, sorting it in her mind, her greatest weapon. And developing.
"Zack...I lost that power. Scarlet and I...well, you know we had that accident. We switched powers. She got my current and kept her shape-shifting. I got the illusionism and my hypno-sonic boom. So, I make people see and live their worst fears or nightmares, they see what i want them too, until their brains turn to mush. Or they get so confused I can physically defeat them. I'm good with a gun. And my electro powers might come back if I faced of Scar again. Which I will soon. I promise." she nodded, holding his gaze.
"I understand. But I will do my best. I'll do whatever I can." Julie saluted her leader and then bit her lip.
"Is there anything I can do for you? Now or soon or...?"
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Night Falls again.   The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:43 pm

"Ah... I see. Then I would strongly advise you to avoid contact with any of L.A.W.'s weapons for the time being. Establishing a link with any of their minds would be dangerous, as their memories may very well overwhelm you, and the strongest memories..." Zack paused, his grin more of a grimace. "Are the ones that drive us to madness." He thought for a minute. "Tell the others what you can, but use your discretion. They need to know what we face, but they need to retain the hope that we can win, for without it, we are lost. When I have recovered my strength I will train any willing to fight. And before you go, I need you to take something from me. I managed to steal technical files from L.A.W. on their weapons, failed, active, and in progress. The data is corrupted in places, but it should prove useful. I would hand it to you myself, but I've no strength to move my armor any longer, at least not now. Inside my jacket pocket is a flash drive. Bring it to Ben - I'm assuming he's the tech guru at the moment, tell him to have the Titans computer scan it. With a little luck, we may be able to create constructs to train against."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Night Falls again.   The Night Falls again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Night Falls again.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2