Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Free Comic Book Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Free Comic Book Day! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Free Comic Book Day! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Free Comic Book Day! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Free Comic Book Day! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Free Comic Book Day! Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Free Comic Book Day! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Free Comic Book Day! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Free Comic Book Day! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 160 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 160 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Free Comic Book Day! Vote_lcapFree Comic Book Day! Voting_barFree Comic Book Day! Vote_rcap 
Moon
Free Comic Book Day! Vote_lcapFree Comic Book Day! Voting_barFree Comic Book Day! Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Free Comic Book Day!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Free Comic Book Day! Empty
PostSubject: Free Comic Book Day!   Free Comic Book Day! Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:40 pm

So basically let me give you a run down of what I did today. For all those who don't know, Saturday May 7th was worldwide free comic book day. Meaning if you went to any actual comic book store they were giving out five free comics. (One had to be Green Lantern due to the movie coming out)

So me being the nerd I am, I took my friend with me to the event who doesn't even like comics much; that way I could get his 5 freebies, giving me a grand total of 10! However, upon arrival I was surprised that when I got there it was more like a mini fair than just a small give away.

The parking lot in front of the store had food, cos players, a jump house, a line for free comics that went around the block and was shaped like an anaconda, plus writers! So after getting my free comics I proceeded to take a look around and met 2, actually 3, phenomenal writers.

The first two actually were the writers for Teen Titans the cartoon series (I know Ironic right?) and even though I can't seem to remember their names the guy not only wrote the episode of Teen Titans where Robin thought he was being haunted by Slade, but also writes Batman Beyond the comic series and is a writer for "Batman: Brave and the Bold". He was giving out his comic series 3 issues for $5 and I got them personally signed so that was cool.

Then the second writer, who was a female, I found out wrote every single episode of Teen Titans involving Terra and as an added bonus also writes Teen Titans: Year One the comic series. Additionally, after discussing a bit more with her I found out she's also a writer for Ben 10 and worked on both the original series and Alien Force! She also writes the comic series for Ben 10, which she was selling 3 issues for $1 each and I got those personally signed as well. This was probably the best for me, because she revealed to me some info about upcoming Ben 10 seasons (Yes that's right, they're not going to stop with Ultimate Alien! They've got many more seasons planned.)

The final writer I met actually writes Brightest Day, which is the most recent event in mainstream DC comic continuity and was giving out 1 free issue of JLA. Although, after paying him about $5 I was able to get the other four issues plus the free one and he signed them all tool. Now here's the best part. This writer just happened to be hosting a raffle for one of his original ink sketches of brightest day and it cost $10 to enter. Although, upon doing so not only did you enter the contest, but you also got to go into his personal stash of comic books which was in 2 containers and pick out any 2 rare issues you wanted. I myself got a JLA & Blue Beetle comic, which would've cost me more than $10 each anyway so it was a good deal.

After that I decided to leave and call it a day. I had altogether spent $23 for exactly 23 comics and additionally got most of them signed by the writers themselves. To me that's a steal, especially when two of them would have cost me $14 each usually. However, about an hour later after returning home I received a phone call and found out I WON the raffle for the Brightest Day ink over like at least 80 other people and was very happy with myself. So altogether I would have to say this was one of the best days ever for a comic book fan and superhero roleplayer!

PS. I also saw Thor this weekend and it was really good IMO.
Back to top Go down

Free Comic Book Day!
Page 1 of 1