Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Vote_lcapDark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Voting_barDark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Vote_lcapDark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Voting_barDark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Dark Depths [DOMA]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Depths [DOMA]   Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 11:34 am

And that was the final touch they needed. There was finally more of a reaction in the form of three ghostly howls which only Hans would hear. But Kuro would see the distortion around The Biker's body go wild as his body broke into another charge for Kuro- avoiding Hans' scythe again. The Biker's body would not make it however. Whatever it's physical body actually was being especially susceptible to the holy power and crumbling to dust at his feet instead. Hans looked around and saw The Biker's head a moment too late, watching the eyes peering out of it suddenly go out. "They have departed the area..." Hans' spirit informed him simply. This meant that they'd be seeing him again later. But his anti-magic field not working told him more about how The Biker worked.

"All hostiles seem to have pulled back commander, and we have the objective in hand," Hans said simply, still not feeling completely well even after his vampiric touch.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Dark Depths [DOMA]   Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 9:16 pm

Kuro nodded to Hans as they watched the Biker's form disintegrate. He had been quite a formidable opponent to keep Hans as long as he did. And they still had not encountered the leader. The gang was powerful enough to even acquire military prototype Einherjar power armor. Kuro cast a look at the dead men around them. "Yes...it seems so," Kuro agreed with Hans, his voice wavering slightly. He did not feel well, either. Blood trickled from the open wound on his head down his face behind the mask. His lifeless eye looked to Hans. "You have been a valuable asset to the Department of Metahuman Affairs, Hans. If circumstances permit, I would like to have you join us for future operations." He would wait for backup to finally arrive.

When they had left the sewers; Kuro in an ambulance receiving medical treatment, they would soon arrive back at base with the equipment in hand. Kuro would approach the professor from before with Hans. While he did not stop Hans from submitting it to the professor to complete their mission, he did say, "Loyal men died today for whatever is in that case, Professor Caulder. I would like to know what it is that we risked our lives for." His mask was off now, his arm in a sling. His wounds bandaged. Without his mask, one could see he was not calm. He had emotion now, though it was reasonably suppressed. He sounded almost a different man.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Depths [DOMA]   Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 9:57 pm

Hans nodded when Kuro mentioned that he'd like to bring him on more operations. "If this gang continues to fight back, I feel like that might be best," Hans agreed, he didn't have any other leads to follow up right now anyway. He and the others would head out, and after the commander recieved some medical attention they would go to drop off the equipment back at STAR Labs. Hans never let the case out of his sight, watching shadows warily. Hell, the men that were still alive would probably sleep with the lights on for awhile now.

"There will be time for that commander-" one of the assistants started before Caulder interupted with another reasping cough.

"I see no harm in doing it now. They will be seeing it more during field testing, and they have earned it," Caulder said gesturing for them to follow them. A quick elevator trip down to the labs below, and a short walk later would lead them to a room full of computers and things. But the most notable feature was an armored figure standing attached to some kind of apparatus in the center of the room. Lab techs were mostly at computers while others semed to be working physically on the... robot let's call it for now.

"The Military has always been interested in utilizing robots in place of humans on the frontlines, and we have something that is sure to succeed on that front," Caulder coughed a couple more times.

"What you retrieved was the final piece of equipment that will help this prototupe stand out as a simple war machine, and allow it to fill in a role for law enforcement against super powered threats, without endangering the lives of any agents of the law," one of the assistants added. An eye seemed to light up under the robot's helmet, quickly peering at them as they entered the room. "It can be placed under proper supervision within DOMA but it does have it's own A.I that enables it to more effectively make tactical decisions. It will also learn and improve through it's experiences," they added.

"We are aware of miss Elisabeth's workings with you- however we are only interested in the current objective of securing peace," Caulder chimed in.

Hans was still not pleased with the fact they were sent on an errand for a piece of hardware of... a battle droid. "If I may- what makes this piece of equipment so important that it was deemed necessary for people to die over it?" Hans asked simply.

"Well, if you'll allow us- we can properly explain," the assistant replied while the robot seemed to be looking at Kuro specifically more than usual.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dark Depths [DOMA]   Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2020 8:21 pm

Kuro simply nodded to Hans when he said that it might be for the best that he cooperate on a few more missions in the upcoming weeks. Kuro knew that he would be a valuable asset for fighting Three Oni.

The professor would eventually cede to them in giving details on what they had acquired, and what STAR Labs had been working on. A combatant made of machinery. An artificial intelligence. Yes, others had succeeded at this technology before, but to see it applied for front line utilization was another matter entirely. Kuro noticed that the AI was watching them from across the room, and noted that he seemed to be staring at his person quite frequently. He would return the gaze, but otherwise continue conversation with Professor Caulder and his assistant. "Yes. Continue."
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Depths [DOMA]   Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2020 9:43 am

Hans would begrudgingly (for him atleast) hold the container out, a couple lab techs taking it over to Caulder who pulled out a rather complex looking key. It wasn't quite an analogue (normal house key) but it wasn't exactly a keycard either, which probably explained how it hadn't been broken in too. They hoped. Caulder grumbled as he actually saw the lock but had no issue, the case popping open with a faint hiss as it's various locking mechanisms released. Once the container popped open, it would reveal two things. The first was a large, cylindrical looking weapon- a shoulder cannon if you had to put it into words. The other looked like a sealed heavy duty jar witih some kind of mysterious fluid that seemed to pulsate with a reddish color off and on. "What you retrieved is another prototype one of the other labs had been working on. In here are prototype nanoprobes so small, it doesn't matter how durable a target is. All they need is tor each their target somehow for them to be able to slip inside," The assistant explained.

Hans arched an eyebrow at the... implications of that. "In this instance, for the sake of law enforcement. Once inside their target, the nanoprobes can then be made to administer varying degrees of electrical shock throughout the target's body- their nervous system in particular. While this function can be controleld remotely be apparatus we already have ready on stand-by, this unit here will also be able to partially control the probes in order to deliver the shock more effectively," the assistant continued.

A couple lab techs at a computer seemed to be talking amongst themselves, glancing from Kuro and to the A.I.

"Does it have a name? The A.I," Hans asked rhetorically, wanting to know what they called it rather.

"It is the Combat Acclimating Program- or CAP for short. Another project that was at STAR's disposal that we have been working tirelessly to improve. We're not blind to the possibility and dangers of a free thinking A.I," Caulder replied simply giving Hans an amused look again, almost as if silently wondering if he had encountered any of the spooks he claimed to be specialized against. While he said this, one of the machine's hands would clench- just once but that was it.[/b]
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dark Depths [DOMA]   Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2020 9:44 pm

Kuro considered all the information that Professor Caulder and his assistants gave them. His gaze remained on CAP for some time, but he would return his attention to them shortly, after acknowledging the looks and hushed whispers of other employees in the area towards them. He had no idea what they could be talking about. They had procured technology that, after their explanation, posed a reasonable threat to citizens and law enforcement if it were to fall into the wrong hands. Especially the hands of Three Oni.

"I see. So in doing this, we protected our technology and prevented it from being acquired by the enemy. This is a favorable result." He returned his gaze to CAP. He did wonder why it was staring at him, specifically. And the lab techs as well. What could be so urgent?

"Thank you, Professor Caulder, for informing us what was so important to fetch. You have the thanks of the Department of Metahuman Affairs as well. Waller will be in contact." If there was nothing else, he would turn to leave with Hans.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Depths [DOMA]   Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2020 12:48 pm

There wasn't anything futher, the lab techs over at a computer gesturing for the professor or his assistant's attention. "What do you have?" He demanded simply.

"Some kind of glitch which seemed to come up when The Commander was here," one of the techs replied.

"WHAT is the nature of the glitch?" Caulder coughed.

"Something in CAP's core databanks where we haven't been able to more readily access. A name of some sort- Bright Eyes," the tech flinched under Caulder's gaze. It's at this point that there was no one in the room who would even know what that name means, infact it was a nickname- not one that would be known by any outside of a very few exceptions.

"Hmm.. it must just be something about The Commander that triggered a thought or memory. Redo the programming parameters so that this doesn't happen again. -COUGHHACK- I want the Nemesis Project put into motion as soon as possible now that we have the final piece," Caulder said firmly, not sure himself what this nickname meant. He was sure the two had never met before, and based on what he knew of CAP there wasn't any logical explanation as to where this thought came from...

Hans technically agreed with The Commander's assessment. The loss of life was regretable but that was why he did this job in the first place. But he couldn't save everyone, that was a sad fact he had to face. And again, if Three Oni HAD gotten their hands on it, many more people would've gotten hurt or killed. Then again, if this robot was going to be used against metahumans... was it still technically right? Hans pushed the thought away, it wasn't his jurisdiction. Regardless of what he did or thought, there would always be people coming up with new weapons regardless of intention. "I was not aware that your abilities were divine, commander. But I was also unaware of the exact nature of The Biker's origins. Will you still be able to perform your duties?" Hans admitted before more or less asking if Kuro would be alright.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dark Depths [DOMA]   Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 5:21 pm

Kuro looked to Hans as he said that Kuro's abilities were divine. "I was not aware that my abilities were divine in nature," he answered truthfully. But it didn't seem like it was untrue. "What led you to this conclusion?" He looked Hans in the eyes. Hans also mentioned that he was unaware of what the Biker actually was, and asked if Kuro would still be able to carry out his duties. Kuro looked down at his arm a little. Seeming more aware of himself than he usually was.

"I will be fine. I was trained to fight with only one arm, in case I lost it. There will be little to no difference. But I will have to wait for my ribs to recover before then. When I looked at the Biker, I was able to see three wriggling masses. Is it three separate entities?"
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dark Depths [DOMA]   Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 7:45 pm

"There are a handful of supernatural entities which for lack of a better explanation, can't stand divinities. The two most obvious being undead and demons. I have a scythe which if it were to cut through... a spirit for example, that spirit's connection to the world of the living would be severed, and they would be sent to the afterlife. The Biker avoided my scythe as his unlife depended on it, and up until he came after you, nothing else was hindering him," Hans explained about his conclusion. It perplexed him slightly that Kuro wasn't even aware of it, never hearing of such a thing before.

"Yes and no. The Biker is a revenant- a vengeful spirit. Typically this could be applied to many kinds of spirits who have been wronged, or have met death at the hands of another. Some are usually restricted to one place and try to enact vengeance on the living, or the primary target of their vengeance. In The Biker's instance, there are THREE spirits through their combined fury have more or less fused together. Whatever separate consciousness they had is most likely gone now, all they know is hatred and anger which seems to be directed towards DOMA," Hans continued explaining with what he knew. The fact there was someone who could even combine three separate spirits into one body was quite unsettling. "What concerns me right now is that because I was unable to bring my scythe through it, that The Biker will come back. My reason for thinking this is because when I cast my anti-magic field spell it didn't cease to be. Outside what I mentioned earlier, revenants can be brought about using Necromancy- my primary speciality. This tells me that whoever created The Biker used a curse, which is it's own issue," Hans finished his report.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Depths [DOMA]   Dark Depths [DOMA] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Depths [DOMA]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3