Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 87 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 87 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Vote_lcapA Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Voting_barA Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Vote_rcap 
Moon
A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Vote_lcapA Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Voting_barA Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RYUU
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
RYUU

RPG character
Name: Ryuu/Liev/Keir
Code Name: Rapture/Facade/Heroine
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Empty
PostSubject: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 4:42 pm

A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju QmpBu62

SETTING: Midtown Jump, Nighttime
THE HEROES: Rapture [ see profile here x ], more to come
THE ADVERSARIES: Gashadokuro [ see profile here: x ]
SUMMARY: Rapture has brought more than herself to Jump City –– a Skeleton Kaiju called Gashadokuro who is bent on exacting revenge after beaten down by her before. With him, he brings fellow Yokai and has no qualms with destroying everything in his way. And despite Rapture’s stubbornness, she admits she needs help, and hopes to actually find someone.
NOTES: Additionally Yokai are bound to show! Read up on their abilities and weaknesses here: [ x ]

•••

Nighttime was her time, a lilting lullaby of sounds that go “bump” in the night, the din of nocturnal creatures, and the ever-present cacophony of modern-day annoyances –– cars, mostly, and words spoken in both drunk and angered tones. A screech of an owl, a screech of breaks, and the screeches of Yokai that had haunted Rapture, the girl with supernatural abilities whose given name –– Iðunn Ryuuzaki-Ymirsson –– foretold every-lasting life, yet undermined by the Great Red Dragon. Ryuuzaki, the dragon, had been on bold watch upon this wretched night, same with the other but certainly not lesser spirits, the wry Golden Scorpion and fiercely protective Mother Tiger.

But this night, this hive of spiritual energy electrified Rapture’s soul, mind, and body. Something big was about to happen, something new yet strangely familiar. Whatever force it was, it had interrupted Rapture’s vital meditation… just as she had reached the third spiritual gate enabling her access to the Red Dragon’s Power. Reluctantly, she disengaged from her meditation, thanked her spirits, stretched, and immediately became aware of the threat “No…” she meant to say, instead scratchily whispered. She new this dread, this terror, this sheer animosity from a previous encounter. “Gashadokuo…” she choked, feeling as if her insides were petrified. The great Skeleton Kaiju had risen again… ’but where…? Is this a dream? How did he follow me?'

{‘Get it together,’) the Golden Scorpion warned. {‘Never hesitate,’} Mother Tiger reminded. {Lethality is a must,} the Red Dragon affirmed. Rapture could barely hear the spirits as Gashadokuro came into view. Easily the size of a skyscraper, stumbling and grasping to the doomed structure from the start. His eyes blazed red –– a new trait –– as well as a strange miniature inferno from the back of his throat. She couldn’t even focus on where the infamous Yokai had come from, nor could she fully grasp the situation. She panicked, and in her panic, the beast located her from across the maze of buildings.

“FU..KUSHŪ..." Gashadokuro rumbled, the voice one-thousand damned souls reaching the furthest corners of sanity and thoroughly obliterating them. “FU..KUSHŪ!"

’Revenge…’ Rapture translated as the hellish eyes focused directly into hers, despite the visual blockades. She could feel the discordance. She could taste the fire and blood from the horrifying being. And at that moment, she felt completely alone. The giant skeleton made its way toward her, evil justice propelling its movements. It crushed buildings with ease and caused an instantaneous wide panic, as expected.“I need help,” she admitted. “But I am new to this city. I have no allies. I need inner help. Red Dragon! Lend me your strength!”

{‘Pray to me,’} he responded, wasting no time. {‘Bleed for me.’} Rapture did not hesitate as she sliced her chest open, spilling blood that seemed to never cease. She bled for him, both an offering and a prayer. From her chest, a crimson blade made entirely of her own blood grew from the wound –– the Blood Spirit Blade.

Newfound, reckless courage replaced rational thinking and all her spirits’ teachings. “GASHADOKURO!” Rapture bellowed as four horns sprouted from her head, her eyes turned red, and her skin paled like death. “I HAVE A USE FOR YOU!”

Last edited by Ryuu on Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 pm

The titans were already en route once The giant skeleton started to rampage toward Ryuu- it was very hard to miss something that huge stomping around. It was at times like this that Robin truly felt... inadequate and small compared to the others. Even with the fight against Raven's father under his belt, it never got easier when going up against threats this size. As of late there seemed to be more "supernatural" inclined people moving into town from the Hannya girl, kitsune masked girl, That Wizard Guy, and now... a giant human skeleton. Robin caught a sight of it between some of the buildings and had to quickly process what he was seeing.

"Dude! Is that a giant freaking skeleton?" Beastboy's voice exclaimed over the communicator.

"That's just not right man," Cyborg's voice chimed in as he drove to flank the skeleton with Robin for a kind of pincer attack.

"All the more reason to stop it. This is going to be tough with it being in the middle of the city. I would like to avoid as much collateral damage as I can but taking that thing down takes top priority," Robin said in response. He was not at all entertaining the idea that they could easily put this thing down before it caused too much destruction. In it's wake, it seemed to have given them some room to fight it without having to worry too much about damaging the city. "Hopefully we can keep it there," Robin thought rounding a corner to the street that The Giant Skeleton was on.

Starfire swooped in between some of the buildings, lancing her eye beams across it's body before flying up higher and raining down Starbolts to try and keep it in one place as Cyborg got into position. Following up with all guns, sending a barrage of missles crashing into it alongside his cannon. Robin at the same time shot his grappling hook at one of the taller buildings and pulled himself up for height, throwing a handful of explosive discs at one of the skeleton's knees in hopes of crippling it.

And Beastboy flying above it, turned into a giant green whale to try and flatten the giant skeleton.
Back to top Go down
0bserver
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
0bserver

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 2:19 pm

Another day, another giant skeleton rampaging through Jump.

It never ceased to amaze Raven about how much crap this city was going through on a daily basis. What amazed her even more was that regular people went along their lives like nothing happened, as soon as the rubble was clear. She was not of this Earth, and such ... resilience was admirable. It made her want to work her hardest to protect these people. Which was why she was part of the Titans - first respondents to this type of crisis. She flied in the air, along with Starfire, to see the path of destruction it left.

"I wonder if this one is the work of Sl..."

She bit her tongue, knowing how worked up Robin was over the one whose name they'd rather not say. Everyone was shocked by the creature's height, and power. "I think collateral damage is the least of our worries right now."

The Teen Titans have faced giant opponents before, from fire golems to inter-dimensional demons to dragons of black magic. The latter popped up in Raven's mind. Perhaps it was a way. But they had to try conventional means first.

"I'll help evacuate the civilians."

With that, Raven would float towards the nearest buildings, which were damaged by the large Skeleton, and where people were already panicking inside. "Everyone keep calm, I will get you to safety." - her appearance made the panic subside, as the people were staring at her, some even commenting on the attire. But this was no time for getting self-conscious. Muttering the incantation, Raven encircled the people from the upper floors in dark energy, plucking them from the floors, and helping them get down, so that they could escape.

Hopefully the team would be able to stall the monster, before she could rejoin.
Back to top Go down
RYUU
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
RYUU

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 6:45 pm

Starbolts and weaponry were one thing. A legendary nigh-invulnerable Kaiju was another –– even as the barrage of assaults rained down upon Gashadokuro, the beast paid no heed; he had a bone to pick, and it was not with these tiny pests. However, what the Kaiju did not expect was a giant green whale landing right on top of his skull and dislodging it, the skull snapping off and almost comically rolling a few feet before Gashadokuro was already back on his feet, shaking the whale off and retrieving his rather important body part. The whale had simultaneously created a huge crack down the middle of his head, but in seconds, black light emanated from the wound and healed itself. Now able to focus on his true purpose, his real target had foolishly revealed herself, the brash nature of the girl proving to be a beacon. Now was the time to deploy his fellow yokai in order to stave off the intruders’ pestering.

’ON..RY..Ō..’ the giant hailed, ’O…NI…’, ’KAMA…TA..CHI…I’ came the command that only the damned could hear. ’FU..KUSHŪ…’ Darkness itself responded, choking the night air with a substance darker than black. High-pitched screeches penetrated the air as specters of hideous Yūrei took to the mortal plane, swooping in their long bloodied robes with teeth sharper than pain and a vengeance burning brighter than the sun.

First came the Onryō, spirits capable of physical damage. Their speed was nearly as terrifying as their bloody, open maws and missing eyes. They spread like a disease throughout the night, targeting the Titans and soaring into heavily-populated areas, causing mass hysteria. Pleased, their master turned to the hopelessly overpowered Rapture as Gashadokuro’s eyes began to burn, building up magical energy that would no doubt turn into plumes of lava if given enough time. It was a mistake to have goaded him, Rapture realized too late, and hoped to all three spirits that this team of… ’Titans?’ would do better than they were currently. She had obviously heard of the Teen Titans, but had yet to see them in action.

To Rapture, Titans were Kaiju with immense strength. To her, this flock appeared as specks from her vantage point. “I just had to wish for help,” the spiritual powerhouse sighed, calm for the situation at hand. Whatever they could do, it could prove useful. Perhaps weaken Gashadokuro before she could use her Blood Spirit Blade to decapitate the thing… somehow. ‘Maybe I can extend the blade… no, it won’t be long enough…’ Rapture pondered, still maintaining an uncannily calm demeanor. ‘Maybe… maybe, after that piece of trash emits his inferno eyeball… whatevers, I’ll have a change to spear each socket… no, that won’t work. They are freaking hollow. Damn… and now, he’s summoning goddam yokai, the bastard… what to do, what to do…’

Storms brewed within Rapture’s mind, yet her entire being remained stalwart. “Never hesitate,” she began her mantra. “Use as little energy as possible. Lethality is a must.” A newfound clarity flooded the former murder’s mind as she followed through, not hesitating to power down and intending to only utilize the Red Dragon at the absolute second of need. Turning to the sight of the Teen Titans, Rapture grimaced. “I dearly hope I have a use for you.”

Turning to Gashadokuro, the petite powerhouse ran straight toward him, hoping to dodge his fiery attacks by outpacing their range.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 4:20 pm

And now there were ghosts flying around as if a giant, ungodly strong and self-healing giant skeleton wasn't already bad enough. "Aw man now we gotta be ghost busters?" Cyborg exclaimed training his cannon and blasting at the ghosts now swarming the area.

Starfire likewise had to defend herself with starbolts, finding her alien strength didn't work against them at all.

Beastboy meanwhile being at ground zero by the skeleton and admist the ghosts, literally turned chicken before making a quick escape.

This put Robin of all people in an even harder position, what with his only having physical attacks and an assortment of gadgets at his disposal. He couldn't even try keeping the ghosts busy from attacking any innocents! So that left one option, get in close and try doing as much damage to it with high yield explosives. He had definitely noticed that it fixed it's head, which didn't specifically mean that part was the most important but he figured that ANY creature needed a head to function. So he'd work on getting up there, springing over and dodging passed ghosties that went after him before shooting his grappling hook at one of the skeleton's ribs. That would be his goal, throwing some flash freeze discs at the skeleton's knees to at the very least immobilize one of it's legs before he started nimbly climbing up toward it's head.

Meanwhile on the ground nearby, one of the smaller buildings would become surrounded by curtains of bright flames that stayed ablaze all around it apart from where the door was. Inbetween the gap and infront of the door was a dapper looking man of fire, who was indirectly helping Raven evacuate civillians by incinerating any of the ghosts that wandered into range of him or his bar. They apparently didn't like light very much, and fire was an excellent source of that. Not to mention because of the fact they were apparently terrifying, combined with his NEED to protect his bar, Inferno was able to reach an elevated state of mind to where he could literally burn the ghosts' very being. In otherwords, they would wind up double dead if they got anywhere near him.
Back to top Go down
0bserver
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
0bserver

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 4:41 pm

While the rest of the Titans were fighting the giant skeleton, Raven did her best to evacuate people from buildings. But that turned out a harder thing than expected, as a swarm of screeching specters swarmed the quarters, causing panic! Raven kept groups of people hovering in the air, wanting to find a safer place for them to land, when she noticed a ring of fire down below. Narrowing her eyes, she could see a flaming man... person, wearing a very proper outfit, using his powers to incinerate the ghosts.

"Now that's something you don't see every day..."

As if the giant skeleton was. Raven's next few portions of refugees were landed behind the firewall, under its protection. She gave the strange new ally by circumstance a nod, before flying back into the fray. But... this was taking too long, and she alone could not save everyone. This realization soon became obvious, as the girl went higher, and could hear the terrified screams across the city. No, to save lives, they had to defeat the big one at the source. It was then, when a few ghosts spotted Raven, and went towards her, shrieking horribly.

"Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos!"

Two beams of dark energy emerged from her hands, blasting holes through the creatures and dispelling them. Even though her magic was not light, her spiritual presence was enough to overwhelm these constructs. Looking back at the skeleton being showered in blasts and explosions, seemingly to no effect, she narrowed her eyes, before flipping the Titan comm-link.

"Robin, this creature is of immense spiritual and magical power. I need you and the rest to buy some time for me."

With that, Raven would fly at the top of her speed, but not towards the giant skeleton. Instead, her course was directly towards the Titans Tower!
Back to top Go down
Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness
Bloo

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 10:45 pm

News of a rampaging giant skeleton was hard to miss. Especially when my damned apartment was in the warpath! Crap! I jumped out of the building as it was trampled easily by the giant. Now I'd have to move in with Cain. Not complaining about that, but I literally JUST payed rent, so somebody owed me money now. Before I could figure out who, I hit the ground. Hard.
I tried to move but I couldn't. Oh man, I broke something. That was annoying. The skeleton was stomping forward, but low and behold the Titans arrived! Lord were they flashy.

I was jealous. I could only just lift my head to watch as Beast Boy turned into a whale and crushed it. The rest fought off... ghosts? Not gonna lie, I missed when those guys showed up. Hopefully one of these ghosts were rich though, because I had so much play stuff in my room they just demolished. I was gonna sue. When I could move.

I propped myself up a bit to look at my leg. It was mangled a bit, but healing fast. I tried standing and my legs supported my weight. In a little bit they'd be perfectly fine again. Now to make my entrance.

I ran forward, my legs healing as I did. I used my black death magic to summon a badass looking scythe and jumped off a car and onto a light post.

"You've awoken your worst NIGHTMARE, SKELETON MAN!"

Zombies countered skeletons, obviously. As I flew threw the sky, I'd slash at his back with my scythe. If it had vitality, the scythe would drain it, but I had a feeling he was like my and didn't have much to worry about.
Back to top Go down
RYUU
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
RYUU

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 11:56 pm

ooc: Mega and I came to some conclusion the Gashadokuro is roughly 100ft tall and weighs 10 tons. He is taller than the Titans Tower, to put some perspective, and must be ripped apart and destroyed in order to kill him. No one blow will do him in –– you must use teamwork.

Additionally, you can see what an Oni looks like here:

Spoiler:

bic: Rapture whipped out her bladed fans and began to chant, bolstering her spiritual power in order to gain enough strength to embody the one spirit who could help her most in defeating Gashadokuro, as she had done before. The Red Dragon demanded blood and sacrifice, something that shouldn’t prove to be too hard a thing to come by, seeing that the kaiju skeleton had began to manifest one of folklore’s most dread creatures, The Oni. The Oni rising from the ground were giants, roughly fourteen feet tall with muscles to make a champion weight cry. It appeared they carried their signature weapons –– spiked clubs and other bludgeoning weapons. While the Onryo did more psychological damage, these bad boys lived off of physical violence, having been reborn from the most horribly wicked people in hell.

“Kuso,” Rapture swore. ”More reinforcements? This guy isn’t enough?”  as if on cue, a swirl of evil energy emerged in her path, birthing a giant red Oni wielding dual kanabo. This guy looked like a general of some sort, something different about him. "No time,”  she decided, and side-stepped, hoping to run past him. Instead, the Oni swung both clubs in her direction, narrowly missing her ponytail as she slid under the weapons. Being 4’7” certainly had its advantages, but if he had landed the blow, she might have been crushed.

In turn, Rapture used her bladed fans to cut into the wrist tendons. Letting out an annoyed roar, the beast flung her sideways with his arm, making her land awkwardly but not harmfully. She was far too well trained to let a small blunder like that happen. Besides, the petite powerhouse had her eyes set on Gashadokuro, Oni be damned. Racing out of the Oni’s range and sprinting down alleyways, the girl continued her pursuit.

“I have to kill him. I must prove myself, correct the mistakes I’ve made. I will not let this creep destroy the city I’ve decided to call my own.”

•••

Gashadokuro had not planned on this type of barrage, but he had been certain no-one would suspect the Onryo and Oni. And yet, some speck had the audacity to use his body as a plaything, zipping along and laying some sort of trap upon his enormous kneecaps. The “speck” would be disappointed in the failure of the devices; the kaiju was immune to elemental attacks, whether they came naturally or not. So. Many. Nuisances. Hopefully, the towering yokai would not have to call in those pesky weasels. For now, he followed the spiritual signature of his primary target.

“RY…UU…ZA…KI…” Gashadokuro moaned, blistering hatred permeating the atmosphere. Calling Rapture by her surname only added to the severity of his desire to kill. It was a sacred name, and hearing it upon such foul lips ( or lack of ) nearly made her puke. Stretching to full height, the beast sauntered to Rapture’s location, just outside of the literal fire wall, which he paid no heed. As he walked, buildings were crushed like toothpicks, powerlines were snapped, and an added atmosphere of panic pulsed through the city as it went into a total blackout due to the sheer force of impact. The air had been choked by fear as the onryo’s negative energy became amplified, as was the Oni’s and Gashadokuro himself. The world had plunged into a living nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 6:32 pm

If the giant didn't want to pay him any mind, Robin would not complain. It'd give him the time he'd need to try and weaken a critical point. Fortunately because he was climbing directly on him, the ghosts left him alone. But that didn't mean he could relax. Finally he reached his destination at the base of the neck where he started to attach a good number of explosives. This would leave him with barely any left to deal with the reinforcements. But Robin was more confident in fighting them than going toe to toe with the skelegiant. "Cyborg, Starfire! Aim for the head!" Robin ordered before grappling away.

The ghosts proved to be... less of an immediate threat than originally thought. So as the Oni started to arrive, Starfire and Cyborg launched a group attack right after Robin's explosive charges went off at the base of the neck. Star's eye beams and Cyborg's cannon all aimed for about the same spot in an attempt to damage the skull.

Meanwhile, Robin touched down and was immediatly attacked by an Oni. Rolling to the side in time to avoid it's clob before running up it and kicking him across the face with one of his steel toed boots. Now THIS he could handle- if he could take on Cinderblock singlehandedly then this shouldn't be much different.

Beasty boy would join Robin, flittering and turning into a Rhino to ram an Oni trying to move in behind Robin.

Inferno continued to act as a fire hazard for anything unfriendly trying to chase after any hapless citizens, when Oni started joining the fray. He narrowed the glowing slits he had for eyes and started to unbutton his sleeves, and undid his tie. He'd probably have to actually get physical for these... and the giant skeleton stomping around just outside did not help matters as the flames of his body started to quickly change from their usual dull orange-red to a much more intense shade. With the ghosts now giving his bar a wide berth and his attention having to shift to more solid opponents, he wouldn't be able to use absolutely burn them. But he could still slow them down by trying to melt the road they were standing on with his flames, possibly trapping the skeleton's feet under the super heated slag.
Back to top Go down
0bserver
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
0bserver

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 8:25 am

High from above, Raven was able to see the sheer magnitude of what was going on.

The whole city was in chaos, as it was swarmed by ghosts. And some of these ghosts were on their way to the tower! The ghastly screaming apparitions hovered over the water, whereas the heavily-armored ones were walking through it, marching down from the bottom, and towards the rock! Raven did not have much time. Flying back to the tower and going through the entrance at the top of the tower, closing the door behind.

"I need to activate the defenses... Computer, code Omega-Alpha-7-XL-9."

The alarms started flashing red, and guns came out of the walls, furniture, and the ceiling, all across the building, all traps being armed for war. That should keep them busy... - Raven thought, as she flied downstairs and towards the corridor where her room was. It slid open upon her mental command, and briefly, she found herself alone.

Artifacts of magic and power hanging from every wall, skulls of animals, magic wands, her soul-mirror... There were many things here. She approached the trunk with other things rarely to never used, and became digging in it.

"C'mon, c'mon... Where are you..."

The blasters were already going live outside.
Back to top Go down
RYUU
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
RYUU

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 6:43 pm

ooc: Due to the length of each character’s post, I doing separate posts for Gashadokuro and Rapture.

bic: Gashadokuro, one of the most the feared Yokai in Japanese and all Asian lore, could have easily had his current situation called The ‘Killer Kaiju’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day’… if there were a parallel universe where nigh-godlike horrors such as himself could bend so easily to petty humans. To be fair, the constant barrage of various ‘attacks’ perturbed him to a certain degree, but not nearly as much as his minions’ utter failure. His Onryō were being torn apart like paper, and the Oni were proving to be little more than a distraction. And now, a little speck was attaching some type of devices. No doubt explosives, Gashadokuro concluded; after all, his head had been dislodged once already. For a lumbering giant, he was no stereotypical fool. The killer kaiju had the full cognitive awareness of any living being, if not more. He had learned in death, become stronger, and had more than simple revenge on his mind –– kill the Red Dragon, gain her massive spiritual power. What was that she used to say? Ah, yes. ’Never hesitate. Use as little energy as possible, lethality is a must.’ A quaint yet effective mantra. It had become time to use her words against her.

Before the explosives could detonate, Gashadokuro sacrificed all Onryō and used their energy to power up his blazing eyes and inferno-like maw, taking just seconds to carefully choose his target, instead vying for the spiritual output of the poorly hidden Rapture. Eyes now pools of bubbling lava, the infamous kaiju aimed and fired directly at Rapture, creating a path of utter, incomprehensible destruction.

However, as if a chain reaction, Gashadokuro’s neck bone erupted with the power of bombastic explosions, preventing him from charging another attack. This time, however, his skull did not come apart –– just severely weakening the bone. To add insult to injury, another pesky fly reigned some sort of energy bolts near his fiery eye sockets, cracking the bone and beginning to make repeating the optical lava-like plumage from working properly again. And as if this barrage weren’t enough, Gashadokuro felt a similar energy blast erupt from underneath his chin, causing his mandible to weaken even further.

And yet, the skeleton kaiju cared not a bit; he had hit his target, he was sure of it… until a new surge of horrifying energy permeated the giant’s entire spirit.
Back to top Go down
RYUU
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
RYUU

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 6:57 pm

This was enough to drive an omnipotent creature insane –– rocks, beams, blasts, rams, fire –– But Gashadokuro did not care. His target had foolishly entered his reach, aimlessly climbing his skeletal frame and yelling what might as well be garbage. No-one could defeat him with his new powers. No entity, no army, no team, nothing –– this quest was fueled by revenge and he would not go down without snuffing out the life of the little pest who had once beaten him. So long as he kept Rapture in his range, his success would be imminent. But what more to deter the flies? Gashadokuro could tell that his head would no longer be with him soon enough, so it was time to use the last of the Onryō’s spiritual energy… that, and the life force of those hundreds he had taken. It was time to fight fire with fire.

Elongating his fiery maw, the killer kaiju emitted a torrential downpour of fire toward the one who had dared to use his element against him. The flaming demon –– the one trying to protect citizens. The city-wide blackout became obsolete as enormous, cascading flames took to trees, cars, buildings, pedestrians –– anyone and anything that had failed to evade this devastating onslaught. Screeches from people aflame permeated the atmosphere, feeling Gashadokuro with newfound energy. The more terror, the more devastation… it served as his food, his fuel. Moreover, what he heard next practically gave the dead being life.

“NOOOOOO!” Rapture screamed as the world went up in flames yet again. She had no idea that Gashadokuro had that power, and now it was too late… too late to be the hero, to save people. The petite powerhouse fought back tears as waves of despair surrounded her. But crying meant energy, and she had none to spare; the Great Red Dragon would have to slumber soon enough, so now was not the time for unnecessary emotions.

“Use only the energy necessary!” Rapture growled, her blade growing in length until it was even larger than she. Slinging it over her back, she scaled the kaiju with extraordinary speed and ease, outpacing an Oni attempting to stop her. The adrenaline of the kill primed her for her task: to take the Kaiju’s head, once and for all. And as she climbed, Rapture noticed strange black chains begin to intertwine Gashadokuro’s body, leading him to stiffen slightly, then pull even more tightly. No time to seek the source –– just move on and be grateful.

Rapture approached the neck bone, wary of any trick the kaiju might pull. “Lethality is a must.”  A blinding flash of fiery red blood decorated the starless sky as her signature Blood Spirit Blade in all its gory glory cut clean through the vertebra, sending the skull plummeting downward as she followed, stabbing the top of the head and causing a huge fissure that slowly eroded as the boiling blood made contact. Rapture held on for dear life, continuing to rake the blade across the skull.

By the time Gashadokuro’s skull landed with a crash, it might as well have been a teacup by the way it shattered. Rapture had bailed just before contact, leaping into one of the few unburnt trees in a rather unceremonious fashion. Still, she continued her onslaught by returning to the bits of bones and hacking away at them, her own blood flying into her face. “For the Red Dragon!”  she screeched hysterically, slicing and dicing and unwittingly draining far too much energy. “For my honor!”  hack, slash. “For the dead!”  a final swoop, and the Red Dragon’s energy had been drained, reverting the young woman to her original form of the Yokai Priestess and inadvertently beginning to absorb the evil spirits of the fallen Oni… and even some spirits of the fallen.

Gashadokuro should have been killed without his head –– but no, there still lay the matter of ripping apart destroying the limbs.

“No… rest… for… the wicked…” Rapture wheezed, blood leaking from her both, then passed out amongst the rubble of bone.

Last edited by Ryuu on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness
Bloo

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 9:55 pm

In the commotion, it seemed I had been forgotten. This could not do! No way no how! These Oni things showed up, and I used my scythe to slash at a few, but every time I severed an arm or a leg they'd reattach! No fair! Just as I had the though, one swung a big iron club at me, hitting me in the side and sending me rolling. No worries, it'd grow back soon. I just had to figure a way around these cheaters.

"Alright then, you wanna play ROUGH? Say hello to my little friend!"

I'd use my magic to make another rock, crushing the three Oni under it. That seemed to do the trick, and I looked back at the skeleton in time to see the Titan's all attacking the head. Interesting. I was going to join in when I heard the cute lady yell out to attack the joints. Okay, if that was the play! I could do that!

"Watch out, PUNK! You've awoken my WRATH!"

My first rock would vanish, and another would form - about the size of an SUV - and head straight for the back of the giant's knee, hoping to do some kind of damage. If not... I'd just have to do it again!
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 9:06 am

Beastboy in the mean time was having quite the exchange with the oni he had rammed into as a rhino. Getting over its surprise, he dug his feet in managed to wrap an arm around beastboy's horn with an obvious intent to try and lift him up. So beastboy morphed into HIS beastform and tried to do the same, unable to as the oni again shifted his position. Then Beastboy changed into a snake to squirm free, and then morphed into a T-rex with a terrifying roar before sending the oni flying with a tail swipe.

Robin on the other hand, had to be real careful as he alternated between dodges and counterattacks. Cinderblock was big but he didn't quite have the same amount of endurance surprisingly as Robin once again managed to clock his oni across the face with a swipe from his bo-staff, throwing one of his few remaining explosive discs and nailing him the upperchest to atleast sending him falling back down. “Hey, gadgets!” Robin heard a loud raspy voice call- him he assumed. “You gotta separate all the limbs, or he’ll keep regenerating! Tell your pals to aim for the joints. Get them away from the body, and destroy them!” It was a girl whose appearance didn't make her stand out among these other supernatural monsters. But she was helping them? Come to think of it there was also someone completely made of fire also giving them some assistance.

Anything else they were doing seemed to be having the same amount of effect so he nodded, he'd choose to believe her for now as the oni he had just knocked down started to get back up. But before Robin could spring into action, a large green tinted figure suddenly swooped down and crashed into the oni from the side. "I got this one!" a familiar masked voice giggled. It was The Hannya girl from the bank, only... bigger. She also had a pair of large bat-like wings, clawed talons, and a set of horns. She really was a demon, like Raven said. That'd be a whole other problem that Robin would need to deal with after the skeleton was taken care of.

"Everyone aim for the joints and separate the limbs!" Robin yelled, hoping his voice would carry on to everyone that could help. He didn't have enough explosives to do much so he decided to try and keep oni of some of the other's backs... and he wanted to keep an eye on The Hannya girl to make sure she wasn't up to anything. He remembered how she started freaking out after absorbing a portion of Raven's soul.

Speaking of Ally, she was here because she didn't get to really unwind very much. Her wilder nature always had to be restrained, controlled and locked up. That was why she normally always wore something to help her with that. But once she caught a whiff of all of the supernatural goings on, there was no way in the various layers of hell she was going to miss this! Even if her sisters TRIED to distract her, she wasn't going to miss a chance to suplex a giant skeleton! So that's why she currently wasn't wearing her necklace- and why she was able to change into her half-demon form. This was a "once in a blue moon"moment where her and The Beast would be able to co-exist. So now she was locked with an Oni that she was just slightly taller than. The two would vy for dominance, crashing into a car in their tussle. "Come on, try and break me~" Ally goaded the Oni, exchanging knee strikes with him before lifiting him up and slamming him back into the concrete.

Inferno meanwhile was still at his bar, now keeping Oni at bay with his flames. Like Robin he was smaller than they were. But he was clearly faster. So he used this to dodge and counter attack by enlarging his fists to strike. He heard Robin yell to go for the joints and separate the limbs. Maybe once there were less oni around he'd be able to do that. But he currently had a bar full of people that he needed to protect so he wouldn't be able to help much.

Gashadokuro would turn around, backhanding Isabel's rock flying at it before it tried grabbing Rapture. But the green T-rex chomped down on part of his leg and started to pull, as a beam crashed into it's arm- missing the joint because the arm was moving. Annoying flies! Gashadokuro felt a green beam race across it's neck bone, prompting him to twist his head around and fix Starfire with an empty socketed glare. The air in it's maw darkened before an ear splitting screech erupted, engulfing Starfire and forcing her to back off. Then he'd try to grab Rapture again, intent on crushing the life out of her. Only to have a green t-rex latch onto his leg and try to pull it apart, to which he again smacked away.
Back to top Go down
0bserver
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
0bserver

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 12:27 pm

Raven kept digging inside of her trunk, throwing various bizarre items away. A jar of spiders, a black cat, a small trunk with tentacles squirming from the sides of the locked lid, a broken mirror, a ladder, and various other things, before she could finally find it. The book that brought her so much grief, the book of Rorek. The firing in the corridor was getting closer, meaning that it was time to go. Raven phased through the wall of her room, only to see the tower being swarmed by more creatures. Paying them no heed, she flied towards the center of the city, where the battle against the Giant Skeleton raged on.

A portion of the city was already burned by the powerful wave of fire. Fortunately, most of that place she managed to evacuate before, but the sheer amount of destruction left no questions about whether the creature had to be neutralized or not. Even if it meant losing the chance of figuring out how it ended up here in the first place. Raven flied over to the top of a 20-store house, which offered better elevation, and a clear view of the creature, from the side. It seemed too occupied by the others to notice.

Which would give her the time and peace to cast ... a curse. A curse more ancient that Malcheor himself. Closing her eyes and holding the book, Raven began chanting her incantation.

"Aldruon Enlenthranel..."

She could feel the intricate and elaborate chains starting to form, invisible to all but herself. It was like trying to carefully weave a web of magic, in order to cause the effects she wanted to unleash on the Giant Skeleton. However, as Raven did so, she attracted the attention of countless minions, which were now scaling the walls!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju   A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Bone to Pick – Killer Kaiju
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next