Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
Mistress Obsidian
The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Vote_lcapThe Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Voting_barThe Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Vote_rcap 
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Vote_lcapThe Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Voting_barThe Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character
Name: Victoria Wesley
Code Name: Mira
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Empty
PostSubject: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Victoria sat in the back room of her small storefront, the sign on the glass window advertising:

Three Valleys Jewelry
Anniversary Sale

The various glass display cases held pendants, bracelets, and rings in silver and gold, though it would be worth noticing that none of them carried gems; she saved those for commissions. Next to the register was a bell with a small, neatly hand-written sign: Please Ring for Service. Meanwhile, she was sitting at a small desk in the back with another lump of silver, smiling gently as it curled and shifted in her cupped hands. It had been a long road...in a mirror for a century and a half, and spending months clawing her way to a small business in an old and nearly forgotten storefront. Leaning over to look over it all, though, it almost seemed worth it. The business was keeping her living in relative comfort (though after the mirror, that wasn't saying much), and her loyal clientele had been spreading the word over the past year.

Now, in the month it started it all, she hoped to drum up some more business. After all, these pieces were her pride and joy, what made her new life worthwhile. Unfortunately, some nights came where she had to defend it, but otherwise, life was peaceful in her shop almost in spite of what she heard on the evening news...battles of Titans and villains abounded, almost to the point where it seemed anything but that story was odd. She let out a sigh, noticing her depressive line of thought being echoed in the new ring, and began to re-work it into something that would actually sell. No one had time for sadness anymore.
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character
Name: Zack Wylder
Code Name: Silent Night

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:45 pm

The door to her shop opened, and the sound of heavy boots could be heard. There was a long pause, and then the sound of the service bell rang. A man stood at the counter, though he looked unlike anyone Victoria had seen before. He was of average height and build, and there was definitely something odd about his movement, though it was difficult to place as to why. He wore combat boots and a pair of jeans that were ripped and tattered, stained with a dark red in some places. His unzipped brown leather jacket was well worn, though was nowhere near as torn up as the rest of his clothing and therefore looked out of place. The tattered rag that had once been a white tee shirt beneath it was stained with the same suspiciously bloodlike red color in several places. The man's face looked like it had once been handsome, but now looked just as unsettling as the rest of him. His dark brown hair was slicked back over glittering hazel eyes, his angled jawline was prominent - the tan skin standing out thanks to the off white of the tee shirt beneath it and the white of the mans teeth, which were bared in an eerie grin that never left, always remaining spread across his face. A Famas was visible, slung across his back, although the observant person would notice the lack of any kind of strap or visible support keeping it in place. "I have been told that a good enough jeweler could tell me where something I recently acquired came from. Are you able to help?" His voice, though sincere, had an unintentional mocking tone to it, and constantly sounded as if the man was on the verge of laughter.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:57 pm

The bell's tone rang clearly, the sound signaling Victoria's departure from her current work. While at first it had nearly startled her, the bell was now a welcome sound, a distraction from her creative work and the hope of a new sale. She set the half-completed ring on the work table and stood, checking her reflection and sweeping a stray lock of hair behind her ear before strolling out to meet her guest.

The first thing she noticed about the new man was his ragged attire; he almost appeared to have stepped out of a war zone, and the gun on his back hardly detracted from the image. However, behind the grin, behind the tan and the look of a grizzled veteran, something much more disturbing seized her attention. Metal...she could feel the resonance of metal. Not her jewelry, not the gun...where was it coming from? Shaking the thought from her mind, she grinned, about to greet him when she was bombarded with the man's request. He wasn't looking to make a purchase, which was disappointing, but it seemed her reputation as a jeweler had been growing.

Her gray eyes echoed the gentle smile on her face, trying her hardest to ignore the fact that he was blatantly armed as well as that faint condescending tone to him. "I can most certainly give my best attempt...may I see it, sir?" She asked, a slender and feminine hand reaching out to receive the item in question. Her slightly pale skin was a stark contrast to his dark tan, and somewhere in the back of her mind she wondered if spending more time outside would be a wise decision. Of course, it sat right next to that nagging sensation of metal. It was here...it had to have come in with the man, but where was it?
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:42 pm

The man held his clenched fist out, hovering over her outstretched hand for a moment before opening his fingers, allowing a small gold ring to drop into her palm. It was obviously old, with a worn down phrase etched around the outside, though it was in Russian. Strange carvings adorned the inside, and the ring seemed to hum with a faint energy. The man's grin twitched slightly. "I need to know as much as you can tell me. I'm looking for someone, and this ring very well may help me find him. What can you tell me girly?"
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Victoria nodded, disguising her communion with the metal as a normal jeweler's appraisal. "This is indeed gold...very old, as well. I dare say this has been above Earth for centuries. I unfortunately have no knowledge of the language along the outside, though it looks almost Russian. The inside, though...these are very strange. I have never seen--"

She paused, faint whispers coming from the ring itself. A man's voice, odd chanting...she blinked again at the strange carvings. This ring, if she didn't know any better, was enchanted...perhaps by its former owner? She couldn't be certain; after all, magic was not her specialty, her rather intimate experience with a curse aside. "I do not believe a jeweler is the sort of person you seek, sir," she said at last, her grey eyes fixed on the strange markings inside. "To find this person, you would likely be better to seek one of a more occult leaning. Whether you are a believer or not, there is something uncanny attached to this ring; someone with that knowledge may be able to identify it or trace its maker's location." She reached forward, placing the ring gingerly in his palm before letting out an inaudible gasp, all her manners keeping her from pulling her hand away quickly.

The metal...it is from inside?! She thought, her motions measured and deliberate after returning the ring. Who was this man, who wore armor beneath his skin? Of course, that could lead to many more questions, but in a city such as this, she had learned not to ask them.
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Zack, despite his mannerism, was no slouch when it came to noticing the little things. His grin widened a fraction and one eyebrow rose as he noted her reaction. For a long moment, he simply tilted his head to one side as he studied her. Did she feel my armor? No... She couldn't have. Her touch was too light. But no one has that kind of reaction without cause... Maybe she can sense it? Perhaps there is more to this girl than meets the eye. Zack squinted, though his eyes were able to convey the disappointment that his grin could not. "Russian? That makes sense... That little bugger was a Russian... Though I didn't peg him to be a spell slinger, if he was he only had the one spell... But if it's old then it may be a heirloom of some kind..." Zack suddenly snapped out of his thoughts, realizing he had been thinking out loud. Deciding to change the subject before she got too curious about who or what he was looking for, he leaned in over the counter, though he kept one hand on his hip and the other outstretched with the ring in his upturned palm. Leering suspiciously at her, he tilted his head once more. "Something wrong love?"
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:53 pm

Victoria listened to him think aloud, that polite smile of hers twitching slightly as he mulled things over. The person he was looking for was Russian, and may or may not have realized the strange marks and energy on the ring. To be honest, she wasn't sure it was actually magic, but there was something strange about it, and someone who knew at least something about the strange and occult would be able to offer more help. Suddenly, however, she found herself back in his gaze, that head of his tilted again.

"P-pardon me?" She asked, blinking a little before feeling the awkwardness of the moment. What was she supposed to do? Be honest and ask about his armor? Pretend the whole conversation didn't happen? Hesitate and let him know he was right? "I just...that ring is a very interesting work," she said at last, glancing away momentarily. She had had some intriguing customers in her year, but this one really beat them all. A grizzled knight who wore his armor on the inside...looking for a man by nothing but a ring.

And he comes to me for answers...somehow, this just seems my luck.
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Zack wasn't fooled, though he briefly pondered calling her out or not. "Aye love, it is isn't it. But that was a bit of a delayed action isn't it girly?" Zack leaned back again, looking back and fourth between the ring and Victoria. "Occult... Perhaps you could point me in the right direction, love. I've only the one connection to the occult and he's... Indisposed." Zack looked back at her, squinting slightly, the corner of his grin twitching. "You know love, there's something odd about you... Something... Old. You don't look old, It's more of a feeling... Yes that's it. You've an oldness about you. You feel like you don't belong here. Who did you say you were again?" Zack's curiosity was piqued, though he tried not to show it.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Victoria shrunk slightly; it was very clear he knew something was amiss. She was never a very good liar, and he seemed the sort to press the issue. She ducked momentarily behind the counter, pulling out a small box of business cards, flipping through them as he described in the tersest manner possible what befell the last one. Needless to say, she had her concerns about referring him, but she couldn't help him much further, and he didn't seem the patient sort.

The flipping became somewhat erratic as he mentioned noticing something 'old' about her. "I...I hear that more often than I would care to," she said, finding it incredibly disconcerting how close to home he was hitting. She didn't belong here, and yet she was; she had come to an acceptance of that months ago...but people didn't go around prodding at her about it. Usually, it was simply the grey hair and old-fashioned fashion sense. As he asked who she was, her gaze darted up to him.

"Oh, my! I have not introduced myself! How rude of me...my name is Victoria Wesley. As is likely obvious by your surroundings, I make jewelry for a living. It is not as lucrative as other things, but I enjoy it too much to do otherwise." She smiled, dropping curtsy and completely ignoring the card index for now. Ancient habits were hard to break. "I have not learned your name, either, and yet you say such probing remarks while remaining so guarded yourself. It is like you walk around in armor." That had to get a reaction...she had to be sure, not that she wasn't already. Was that what he realized? That she noticed? It was a bit of a gambit, but he was surrounded. This was her safe haven; no one could hurt her here...
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Zack's grin twitched, and a dark look flashed across his face for a moment. "In more ways than one, love." Then, as suddenly as it had appeared, it vanished. "I'm too guarded, eh girly? Very well. How about an equivalent exchange? I have learned that it is always a good idea to know all I can about newcomers to this city. In exchange, I shall satisfy your... curiosity? A question for a question. What do you think? To be fair, you've told me your name and what you do, so I shall reply in kind." Zack pocketed the ring, and nodded. "My name... My name was Zack. Zack Wylder. And I fight. I kill when I have to, but not as much as I used to. Now, I protect. For the most part."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:23 pm

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Mister Wylder," Victoria responded, as was customary. Most men would offer a handshake, but she doubted she would take it at this point. She had gotten the reaction she had hoped for, but now it simply made him more curious. While she had no real desire to expose her past, she had been relatively lacking in proper conversation for quite some time. Business transactions had become incredibly terse during her imprisonment, much to her dismay.

"From the way you speak, you sound like some variety of bodyguard," she commented, producing a pair of business cards from her box before shutting it and setting it aside. "If it is my turn for a question, I know what I must ask or my conscience will not rest. Why is it that you seek the Russian man whose ring I appraised?" This likely would open all sorts of issues, but she tried to make it well known that she knew how to keep secrets. There was a slight difficulty trusting others with hers, though. After all, she had looked at many wars through her window to reality. News on the Civil War, both World Wars, then the ones that erupted only in the last half-century...it seemed like violence reigned these days, and her abilities would be viewed through that awful lens.
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:24 pm

"That is a doorway to a rabbit hole, love. One where the light does not shine. Nevertheless, I will answer your question. The Russian is a man named Dimitri, he is a sniper specializing in extremely... unique targets. His spotter is a large Jamacan man by the name of Jhon. Both wear variants of the same armor, and both were sent to kill me. Or take me alive, but that proved... Difficult." Zack chuckled, as if making a joke. "I know why they want me, they are not the first. What I need to know is who sent them. The ones who sent them know how to find the ones who killed me. Hell, they may very well be the ones who killed me. My turn, love. You're a jewler, you likely want people to know you're good. Then why keep all of this..." He gestured with his arms. "In the front? Every jeweler I have seen, not that I am an expert, has been rather keen on keeping their fancy jewels in the front. However, all of these are pure metal. I find that rather odd..."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:41 pm

"I...understand," she said with a nod. The poor man was hunted...wanting to get rid of the people in question seemed perfectly reasonable. His question honestly took her off-guard; he seemed the sort to throw a stunning first blow, but that was relatively benign, though-- "That almost sounds like an insult. I take great pride in all my works, but gems are very expensive...making a piece with one and having it sit in the case for weeks is something I cannot afford as of yet. Rather, I purchase them as demand dictates for commissioned works, as my costs can be covered with a down payment." She was rather proud of her business prowess, especially since she had to learn incredibly quickly.

His mildly unsettling gaze told her it was her turn to ask...and she couldn't help but hesitate. The question nagged on her mind, as to how one gained armor beneath their skin, but that would be followed with how she knew in the first place. Something else...anything else...and it hit her, like a ton of bricks.

"Mister Wylder...if you were killed as you claimed, how are you now standing before me alive and well?"
Back to top Go down
Silent Night
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Legionnaire
Silent Night

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:40 am

Zack's expression darkened, and his grin seemed somehow strained, as if he was struggling to remove the expression plastered across the lower half of his face. "Another step down the rabbit hole, love. Your curiosity has gotten the best of you, and now, as our little deal dictates, I must answer truthfully. A little boy is out with his parents, buying clothes for his first day of school..." As he begins his story, Zack's face is strained, and his eyes betray the emotions his perpetual grin hides. His voice becomes like that of a child's storyteller, over enunciating his words as if reading to little children. "The little boy walked hand in hand with mommy and daddy. What the little boy didn't know, was that he had been chosen. You see, the U.S. military has a top secret facility where they are working on lots and lots of super secret projects. But they had a problem. Only a few special people had the correct genetic makeup to have a chance to survive the procedure. So they searched and they searched. They searched high, they searched low. They found some, but their tests didn't work the way they had hoped. So they searched some more..." Zack paused. Though his posture was relaxed, his voice remained unwavering, and his grin as wide as ever, he still managed to radiate feelings of anguish and hatred. "The little boy was walking down the street with mommy and daddy on a nice bright sunny day, and they passed a man. He was tall and thin, he wore a long black trenchcoat, he had a ponytail as black as the little raven's feathers woven into it, he had dark sunglasses, he had skin so pale it glowed, he only had one arm. He passed the little boy, he looked into the little boy's eyes as he passed. He pierced that little boy with his gaze, even though the little boy couldn't see the man's eyes. Then the man turned around. Suddenly, the man had a gun. Boom!" At the boom, Zack shouted, jumping about half an inch forward and waving his hands in front of his face, leering painfully at Victoria. Straightening himself back out, he continued his tale, still talking in that eerie voice. "A man on the street lost his chest, and blood splattered all over the little boy and his family. Daddy was the next to go, he lost half of his face. He was still holding the little boy's hand. Mommy went next, she lost her tummy. Overcome with anger and grief, the little boy did the only thing he could think of. He ran at the man. He wanted that man dean more than anything, so he ran. The little boy stopped short of the man. The little boy was confused: Why did he stop? Then he saw that the man was leaning down towards him. He looked down at the shiny silver wrist emerging from his chest and he realized that the man had another arm after all. That is how I died. If you wish to know why I live again, I will tell you, for half a tale is not worthy of knowing, neither is it worth telling unless you tell the rest." He leaned in, his eyes narrowing, his voice returning to normal after having finished the first part of his story. "Now, my next question, did you make all of these in this shop?"
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:04 am

Victoria blinked, her already fair skin turning shades paler as she listened to the story. She wasn't sure whether it was the content, or his expression, or that tone of voice as he told it, but shivers crept up her spine that made her regret asking what seemed like a rather logical question. The shout made her yelp and jump backward, now closer to the wall than to the display cases. By its end, she felt sickened, a hand over her mouth in attempts to hide her gaping jaws.

"Good Lord...I am so sorry," she answered hardly above a whisper. Thankfully, the music she had set had ended by now, allowing her to be heard against the silence of the store. She knew it accomplished little, but for him to have survived all that...it certainly explained his demeanor. His question, that simple and rather casual question was a large departure from the overall mood of the previous...how long had it been? She didn't even know anymore.

"Absolutely," she answered, not even bothering to force a smile. The weight of that knowledge still sat on her shoulders...all that that man had been through. It made her isolation seem, well, almost merciful. "My quiet lifestyle leaves me with much time for creative pursuits. Such a simple question...I am uncertain whether you wish to tell the rest of your tale or not, nor am I certain as to whether I can handle it. However, I think this one will suffice; does the reason you are alive, and the reason they 'killed' you in the first place--" She paused, gulping audibly as she struggled over the rest of it.

"Does all that have to do with the armor that lies under your skin?" She said suddenly, almost hurried as if it had to escape her before her lips shut permanently. This was a huge risk, and she honestly had no idea why she was taking it...what was it about this man she wanted to understand? Was she really willing to tell him the secret behind her and her success...? Wouldn't he find someone who could manipulate metal a threat? Her fingers, almost on instinct, shakily sent forth the two business cards...one of her own, and one for an occultist she had contacted about the cursed mirror. He didn't need anything more now...if he wanted, he could go...

but somehow, she knew he wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)   The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Face in the Mirror (Open to Anyone)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next