Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 74 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 74 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Why We Must (Open) Vote_lcapWhy We Must (Open) Voting_barWhy We Must (Open) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Why We Must (Open) Vote_lcapWhy We Must (Open) Voting_barWhy We Must (Open) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Why We Must (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Why We Must (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Why We Must (Open)   Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 7:35 am

The galleria, now being in the city's 'Green Zone', fell under the ownership of Envy. A masked revolutionary known to all and sundry as Aequalitas and nothing more. He had reconditioned the lavish mall into a vast audience chamber. There were elaborate banners draping from the food court and red carpets directing the path of supplicants. This he had done for two reasons.

Firstly - over the past week there had been a steadily dwindling number of supplies. Trade with Jump City had been on the decline ever since the wider world took notice of the coup. With the internationally agreed government on the out, the other countries had to think twice about dealing with this organisation that had once been denounced as criminals. With nothing to sell the mall was a superfluous reminder of luxuries passed. It had to be rebranded.

Secondly - with the fleet and drastic changes, many people were unnerved or outright defiant. Envy understood the signs of civil disobedience well. He was an expert on the subject. Left to itself this 'regime' he was imitating would crumble within the month. The people needed reassurances. They needed honeyed words in their ear. They needed to think of themselves.

The ground floor was packed with people from every household of his districts. It was an open event. The dictator of their province had deigned to speak to them all. Envy, in his usual garb, strode up along the edge of an elevated balcony, arms akimbo. He was flanked by a half dozen sketchy looking men. Thugs he had promoted to his secret police-force. A group he called the Protectorate.

"Silence my consociates. Silence there. I must address the concerns of those at the back as well."

"Yes. You few berate me because you are angry. Anger is good. It shows you care. But hear my words first. Then yours shall matter tenfold."

"I requested your attendance today, fellow men, because there are many who believe we are not working for the better. That we went down the wrong path. That we lost our way. Must we live in fear of uncertainty? When summarising takes not but a moment?"

"As you can see there is new law in this land. It is true that a band of free-thinkers have risen up and dethroned the war-mongering analysts of prior government. And yes, some did this for selfish reasons. For images of self-aggrandisement. But you will not find such profiteering here."

"Some may know I have challenged authority in recent past. My ardent belief is that we are all equal. We need not give power to slaughterers for fear of them. We need not rely on metahuman intervention to uphold our peace. There need be no divide called rich or poor. Never a technical marvel nor sorcerer supreme. Only You and Us."

"Now, those familiar with an idea called Communism know this dream does not come free. There is often a great perishing of economy when divided fairly. We will struggle with this too. This mall itself is a testament to commerce now gone. The nations of the world see us under occupation. They will try to cruelly deny us the life essentials. We will undergo hardship for a time."

"For this reason we will not squander our wealth. I have secured us food to see us fed, fuel to keep us warm, weapons to defend our person. Where as those other districts are wasteful with their wares we shall be ever mindful. And for this there must be a kind of sacrifice."

"When word comes of our plenty, when our neighbours struggle, their citizens will flock to us. They will demand the same that I offer you. More food, more drink, more luxuries. And in complying with that demand we will run out sooner. You will run out sooner. To take in a beggar is to deny your child food madam, and I will not ask that of you."

"You are first and foremost, my compatriots, I will prevent this immigration on principle. No parasite of welfare shall enter our zone to benefit off of your hard work. To ensure this there shall be built a wall. A barrier to prevent the outsiders from stealing into our sanctuary in the dead of night. And I ask in fairness that every family contribute to this endeavour."

"Not to contribute with money or knowledge, for that was the old and failed way, but one person from every household actively getting their hands dirty. I ask of you all an honest day's work. Who can say fairer than that? I too will be out there. Side-by-side we shall erect the monument that will make this nation great again."

"Now. You may be wondering what of the old and infirm? How can they contribute as much as me being sickly? It is a difficult question. They must contribute same as all. Which is why with the heaviest heart I put to you this next law."

"There will be people out there desperate for our treasures. And to turn them aside utterly would be wrong. They will always be a drain on our resources. Unless. Unless we commission them to serve the old and infirm of our society. On their behalf they will contribute. And in return earn a token of our wealth. These charity cases could earn their keep by being sent to the wall for a household. Especially those who could not make it themselves. And here the balance is maintained."

"Yet in our kindness the world will point and call this... They will call this slavery. But it is not! Silence! Slavery is the denial of life prospects. It is cruel and barbaric. These live-in workers will just be another one of the family. No different to care-givers or an au-pear."

"Is there a chance this system could be abused? I'm sure. But I also believe in my fellow man not to fall into this trap. To treat them with respect and decency. Look at yourself and ask if this is not true. Are you blessed with basic humanity? Of course you are - you and by extension your neighbours will not wrong these people who put their well-being in your hands."

"These will be the founding principles of our just society. Ours is the plan that will persevere in contrast to the ruin around us. We may one day absorb the abandoned lands of others and come to be a nation to be envied."

"All it will take from you is some small endurance and what you have always given - your honest effort. Yes! The cheats and freeloaders will be chased out. The affluent - humbled. The ambitious - pacified. Our story may have started in tears, my friends, but it has a bright, bright future starting now."

"Will you save yourselves?"

There was an air in the room of 'yes, yes I will save myself' and the once hostile energy had been harnessed into a dawning sense of patriotism. The shills in the crowd applauded and hollered, showing their support. And there were not too few other people who joined in. Many were considering what had been said, evidently more palatable now. And as for the rest? They would come around when they saw they had no other choice. All it took was 51% to embrace the culture for it to be demanded of the rest.

The masked headsman bowed deferentially to the whim of the crowd. Then put out his palms to quieten them again. His job was not yet done. He loomed ominously over the railings and asked down, "Who among you has questions I can address?"
Back to top Go down
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Energy

Location : My bedroom where I spend most my time cause I have no life XP

RPG character
Name: Milicondras Gen- *is shot and a new person walks in clearing his throat* Miley.....
Code Name: Fire Spitter (But that's only in other worlds.... for now 0 u 0)
Villain or good guy?: Good

Why We Must (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Must (Open)   Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 11:18 am

"When do we get the food and where?!" A girl with beat up and dirty clothes and a cuffed up skin that just screamed that she was someone that lived on the street called out as she ears lowered when she shouted but rose back up afterwards. One man growled and shouted at her. "You mean they! I've seen you before! You don't work on the wall you're just some kid who wondered into the city before the new leaders took over! You weren't even first stuck in here! You don't deserve our food you filth!"

The girl frowned and her ears lowered the more he was yelled at but shouted out. "It's still a good question!" They man kept yelling at her and picked her up by her jacket and held her up at eye level which was about a foot off the ground. "I don't care you aren't getting my food!" A few others then started shouting out similar things showing off their truly selfish sides. This girl usually had this issue though... she never meant to but she tended to bring out the wort in already foul people. As the crowd shouted a few others tried to calm them down but only seemed to be starting fights with the others. If someone didn't stop them soon a riot would probably break out.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Why We Must (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Must (Open)   Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 10:28 am

As the crowd jostled and surged the usual frown of Envy turned briefly to a smile. This was his legacy. These were the people he was moulding, creating - birthing. Folk who thought nothing of others before themselves. An outright denial of such realities as altruism and respect. Selfishness was innate. All it needed was a good excuse to quell the conscience. This had to be the fastest he had ever worked his magic.

In the middle of the ruckus he turned briefly to the men flanking him, the police with green bandannas around their arms. He spoke in hushed tones, "Deal with her." And they moved towards the elevators to join the crowd. In the meantime Envy put out his arms and let his voice carry above the din.

"You are eager, I see! Eager to show solidarity! It is your involvement that will make our dream a reality! And we shall reward those who do their civic duty! A second ration to the household who turns in a freeloader!" He left his pointing finger hover over the girl, "And then we can talk of food." Everyone seemed to move in a different direction at once. Some towards the prize, others to escape the growing maelstrom. At this rate, Envy would not be so surprised if they ripped her apart in a Bacchanal frenzy.
Back to top Go down
Energy
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Energy

Location : My bedroom where I spend most my time cause I have no life XP

RPG character
Name: Milicondras Gen- *is shot and a new person walks in clearing his throat* Miley.....
Code Name: Fire Spitter (But that's only in other worlds.... for now 0 u 0)
Villain or good guy?: Good

Why We Must (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Must (Open)   Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 2:15 pm

Jenny put her feet up against the man's stomach who held her and let off an energy blast as she shoved her leg outward. The man lung backwards as jenny flung backwards and fell on her back. She quickly got up to her feet and moved away from some hands that tried to grab her as she got up to her feet and saw the man in the mask ordering the people to attack her. Jenny's eyes started to glow light blue as everyone then started to move towards her. She looked around unsure where to run as she stated to hyper ventilate.

She could take down these people... she could cut them all to bits with her word before they could even register it.... Jenny shook her head closing her eyes as she held her head. No she couldn't! That is not an option! The scared girl let some tears fall from her eyes before she quickly pulled up her hood. It made her feel safe despite only being a hood she then turned and shot out energy blasts as she jumped up just in time to get away from the people.

She grabbed hold of the railing to the 2nd floor and pulled herself up as the people started to swarm the stairs to try to get up to her. Would they all really tear her to bits just for extra food...? She then thought back to her old friend she recently had lost and thought of his words... 'Everyone in the world is a monster... Their own breed of messed up.... their own amount of evil...'

'You kid just have to make sure that you're the smartest and strongest one in the room and you'll survive and never have to worry about a thing.' She wasn't really the smartest nor strongest.... but... the fact at hand was she was being surrounded by monsters who wanted to tear her limb from limb... So she just had to make sure she was the fastest one... Jenny then pulled out her skate board and started to run before hopping on it and readied her self for the group that was nearing her as she clenched her fists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why We Must (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why We Must (Open)   Why We Must (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why We Must (Open)
Page 1 of 1