Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 77 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 77 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Vote_lcapDazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Voting_barDazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Moon
Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Vote_lcapDazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Voting_barDazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Dazed and Confused! [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dazed and Confused! [Open]   Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:01 pm

Michael ran up to meet with them, apologizing to the woman who was reading; "I'm sorry about that; I don't know what came over her. We just walked in and next thing you know she's all over the place." It was slightly embarrassing for him.

((I also apologize; I took longer then I should have on replying.))
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character
Name: Victoria Wesley
Code Name: Mira

PostSubject: Re: Dazed and Confused! [Open]   Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:12 pm

"It is no trouble," Victoria answered quietly, her hushed voice a reminder of their surroundings. The girl's broken English made her wonder...was this one foreign? It was apparently she couldn't read English, or not well, at least. She took a measured breath, wondering how best to answer it in a way that one could understand.

"I am reading a text about this nation's history. In particular, this one is a detailed account of a trying time when their union temporarily split apart. They fought one another for four years over varying disputes, but one side triumphed over the other, and they reunited under one flag once more. I have a sizable stack of books here concerning various points in history. I hope to become well-studied so as to understand the current day more easily within its context." That...probably wasn't the best way to put it, considering some of the citizens she had talked to found her speech odd, but hopefully the gentleman could translate.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dazed and Confused! [Open]   Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:08 pm

There were a few words here and there that went over Mo's head, but there were enough that she still understood most of what Victoria said. Inherited memory was very useful for slimes! "That sounds helpful. Mo is not from around here and would like to know about this history too. After Mo learns to read first..." Mo said again with her interesting form of English. She was also not whispering, but she wasn't talking loud either. No one had told her that you had to be quiet in a library.
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dazed and Confused! [Open]   Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:24 pm

Michael found it kind of interesting that she would be looking up the nation's history. That might be something he'd like to hear. "I would like to learn about that as well. I'm not from around here either and would like to know more about this place; and you..." he turned to Mo and spoke in a whisper, "...really aught to be quieter in here."

((Sorry; short post. But I couldn't think of anything else.))
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dazed and Confused! [Open]   Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:05 pm

"You are both foreign, and one illiterate," Victoria summed it up, a little disappointed but grinning regardless. "I am quite pleased that you have a similar interest in history. However, Madam, these texts will prove frustrating and difficult to you. To learn to read, I would start in the children's section of the library. The books there are much easier, being made for those still learning." She stood with the book, hugging it close to herself. Looking to Michael, she gestured to the stack.

"As for you, Sir, the vast majority of these texts cover the past century. Please feel free to help yourself to one of them...I was a bit overzealous in my search." She was about to consider guiding "Mo" to the children's section when a thought occurred to her. It seemed childish, but she could read the book to the foreign woman. She seemed to understand English well enough...she just couldn't read it.

"As long as we remain quiet, I may read to you..."
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dazed and Confused! [Open]   Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:43 pm

Yay! Her new friend was just as new to this place as she was. Though perhaps she was still more so then he was. She tilted her head curiously at Michael in confusion, which was further cemented when Victoria ended with them being quiet she would read. "That fine. May Mo ask questions if Mo needs to?" Mo asked curiously, and rather politely too.
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dazed and Confused! [Open]   Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Michael looked at the stack of books as Victoria offered to share what she had; and he smiled and nodded in response.  "Thanks.  I'm really just interested in learning about this place in general; but I guess the history books are a good place to start.  My name is Michael by the way; nice to meet you."  He sat down picking out one of the books.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Wesley
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
Victoria Wesley

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Dazed and Confused! [Open]   Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 1:38 pm

"And I am Victoria. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance," she answered, politely bowing her head in introduction. "You are more than welcome to make inquiry...Mo, was it? However, I may not be capable of answering your questions. I, too, am still learning." She found a suitable portion of text and began to read, telling stories of the Gettysburg Address and various horrible battles. One could see from her expression that such things disconcerted her, and occasionally she would stop reading to catch her breath and steel herself.

"Such a barbaric act," she muttered, speaking of how some families were divided, cousins fighting cousins, and of the daring secret escapes of former slaves. Weren't housemaids, debtors, and prisoners enough labor? Why steal someone from their home...? Even illiterate, they weren't animals...
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dazed and Confused! [Open]   Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:29 pm

Mo simply nodded and listened more intently then you would imagine a human being listening to history; not that it isn't interesting mind you. However, many kids were more prone to falling asleep during anything remotely educational. Either way, Mo agreed with Victoria. Who knew human beings could be so... horrible to one another. Surely not ALL humans were capable of doing this right? "It is awful to imagine humans are capable of being so... barbaric isn't it?" Mo remarked sadly, learning a new word. Her use of 'humans' didn't sound odd to her. For all they knew, she was simply addressing humanity and totally not speaking from an alien's perspective.
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dazed and Confused! [Open]   Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:01 am

Michael nodded back as Victoria introduced herself and looked over the books. Somehow none of the covers seemed terribly interesting. He picked up one and started looking through the index, but then stopped to listen to Victoria as she read aloud. He didn't show much outwardly as he listened, but it was a bit hard to hear. He didn't like wars, or any of that kind of thing. Sure, those things happen; be hearing about it just tends to take all the joy out of a person. And slavery? Just as bad; even worse. He tried not to think about it much, and his emotions kind of shut down.

He just listened as Mo made her comment; staring down at the open book he held. He flipped through the pages. He didn't really feel like reading anymore; he didn't feel like doing much of anything right now. History wasn't exactly his favorite subject anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dazed and Confused! [Open]   Dazed and Confused! [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dazed and Confused! [Open]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2