Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 73 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 73 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Vote_lcapThe Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Voting_barThe Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Vote_rcap 
Moon
The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Vote_lcapThe Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Voting_barThe Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Empty
PostSubject: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:43 pm

There were 2 types of people in the world: those who were normal, and those who threatened the peace. Meta-humans were a curse to planet Earth. Their powers could destroy everything that took honest people centuries to build.

As long as he could remember, the Hat stood between the two types of people. He was there to defend the normal people from the metas. Now dead, it seemed that there was no one else to fill his shoes.

"Jerry Hathers, RISE!"

The Hat opened his eyes. He was still laying in the same spot he had been when he had died. The Anti-Nexus had ripped itself out of his chest, taking most of his internal organs with it. Now the Anti-Nexus had restored him. He wasn't alive, he was merely able to move and think.

So this was death.

The Hat wrapped his trench coat around him and buttoned it up. Even though he was dead, he had a sense of dignity. It just wouldn't do to let other people see the giant hole in his chest.

The Anti-Nexus commanded him to kill all that lived. The Hat smiled. There were enough metas for him to spend an eternity killing, but he knew who he was going to kill first. Ben 10 would pay for his affront to humanity. The boy had sold his humanity to some alien device in order to gain dark powers. Such a crime had to be punished. Of course, the alien powers would be a problem, but The Hat had a counter measure for that. Enough of the Anti-Nexus' essence was still within him to cancel out the powers of anything close to him, and The Hat had been honing this ability. If Ben tried to shapeshift, it wouldn't work. Then the world would see how a Ben stuck in human form would fare in a fight.

A few minutes later, the Hat was at the front door of the High School. Ben was probably in there at this time. Raising a handgun in the air, The Hat fired off a shot into the clouds as a challenge. He waited for Ben to show himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:47 pm

DING DING DING....

"BEN WAKE UP!"

Ben Tennyson was in class (Saturday School), drool seeping from his mouth onto his desk. Sure, he seemed to be slacking, but if they had only knew about the illegal drug ring Rath had taken down last night, well they would be a bit more understanding. However, Ben's Home Ec. teacher did not care, or want to know of his extracurricular activities.

"Sorry Mrs. Shultz I swear I know the answer...it's, it's the demand curve right?"

"No BEN! Look outside!?"

A sudden shot fired and then Ben began to wake up and looked outside the window. His face immediately got deadly serious as he realized who it was...The Hat! Ben would take care of this no problem...Well, actually slight problem, this guy had taken down Grace and nearly gotten him killed before. He wouldn't come here and shoot off a gun if he didn't have a plan or a reason. Ben had also remembered that Hat had vowed to quit his job and kill him one of these days.

"Took him long enough. You guys all stay here and if things look bad, get out as soon as possible."

The teacher seemed like she wanted to stop Ben, but knew better. She couldn't even get him to turn in his homework on time. Meanwhile, Ben ran down the halls and stood in the doorway of the school. He wanted to handle this himself, but he knew better from the last time he got cocky. Not to mention, other people were involved.

"Titans to my position, The Hat's comeback to Jump City and were both looking for a little payback."

Ben then crept over to the doorway and half opened it, peering his head out of the front of the school. He wasn't dumb enough to stand in front of a gun or walk into this trap he probably had waiting.

"Bold move Hat, shooting at a school when you've been ranting about how I'm bad for humanity. What do you want?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:47 am

The voice in Hat's mind kept telling him to kill everyone he saw. It demanded to know why he was placing special attention on Ben. Hat just laughed to himself. 'He's the guardian of the rest. You wouldn't want your plans to be foiled by some hero, would you?'

The answer seemed to satisfy the Anti-Nexus.

Ben was at the door now. Hiding behind it. The Hat boosted his anti-power aura with an effort, which would fill anyone within sight with a sense of complete dread.

Ben asked what he wanted.

"Ben, look at this gun. This is a dishonorable weapon." The Hat disarmed the weapon and tossed it to the side, pulling out a knife as his new weapon. "I will not use such an unholy weapon to slay the demons that walk these streets. What do I want? One final show-down with you. No powers. No guns. Just you and me for real. And don't think that your friends are going to show up to help you, because they're all busy at the moment."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:19 pm

What he said was true. It was a Saturday, no Titans were at school AND most were probably busy enjoying the day off or on patrol. He had been dumb enough to get in trouble, for transforming in school again to show off. What to do now was the question? Ben knew better than to trust the situation entirely. However, he couldn't just ignore the challenge...The Hat seemed off. An all out brawl, really? That wasn't his MO at all. What was he really up to, or what was wrong with him?

Ben pondered this while looking around his surroundings and then saw something he could definitely use.

"You wanna go a few rounds with me Hat, fine, I've been itching for some payback for what you did to Grace for a while now."

With those words Ben kicked open the door and held the fire extinguisher with one hand and a baseball bat he had gotten out of a locker in the other. He then threw up the extinguisher and hit it towards The Hat, causing a smoke screen to emit from the device, which enshrouded the Hat's area. Ben then made a point to jump into the smoke and swung his bat in the Hat's direction roughly where he saw the silhouette of the villains body.

Now the Hat might have thought Ben was dumb enough to just accept this challenge, but Ben had done something smart...Instead of signaling the Tower, he actually called the police using his extra titans intercom. They would be here in a few minutes or so. With Ben not using powers, nor Hat, they wouldn't stay back and would get involved thinking it was a regular fight/assault. Hopefully, Ben could do some real damage to this jerk before they arrived though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Ben tossed a fire extinguisher in the air and wound up to strike it with a baseball bat. The Hat sneered. That would never work. The bat collided with the canister and sent it flying, enshrouded in pressurized foam and thick mist.

It worked. Even in death, there were still things to surprise you.

The Hat couldn't see amidst the fog that now surrounded him, and he covered his eyes out of reflex. A moment later, Ben's bat hit him in the ribs. Hat's eyes opened in shock, and he fell to his knees. After a second, he realized that he didn't actually feel any pain. He was dead, after all. It seemed now that he had been careless. The bat had also knocked his trench coat open, revealing the gaping hole in his chest. The Hat covered it up quickly, hoping that Ben hadn't seen.

"Childish tricks? I shouldn't be surprised, really."

The Hat stabbed his knife at what looked like the outline of Ben. It was still hard to see in the fog.

"You've always hidden behind cheap, false power. You've borrowed from a hundred warriors who fought for their own honor, but what honor do you have? What great deeds has Benjamin Tennyson done? Nothing. You are a gilded hero, and I shall unmask you."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:15 am

Ben's face looked unsettled after the strike hit and opened up his coat, there was a hole in his chest. It was sick, Ben couldn't believe what he had seen, the shock even caused him to hesitate at a crucial moment. The Hat had lunged forward in the mist with his blade, Ben caught sight of it just as the knife was thrust towards his right pectoral. He instinctively raised the bat deflecting the blade, but the knife drove past his face and slit his upper cheek. Ben again looked shocked...This was kind of a dumb decision now, he also was just as blinded by the foamy spray.

Could this be it, again? Was Ben going to die. That hit hadn't done anything at all...There was something up with The Hat. Something even worse, he had become even worse than before.

"I wield the omnitrix like a shield to protect others. It may be the ultimate weapon, but the forms are just my tools, I'm the one who wields them. Me, Ben Tennyson!"

Ben said rolling forward and trying to sweep his feet and if his leg didn't connect with anything he would frog hop backwards on all fours to avoid any other attack. Luckily, the mist should help for now...Ben could try transforming, but the aliens wouldn't be able to use their powers against him. What to do, what to do?
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character
Name: Harmon Tesain
Code Name: Hotwire
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:58 am

(OOC:Dar, Jak gave me permission to join this thread)

Hotwire had found Sissel again, and convinced him to go find a person known as "Ben 10". Hotwire said he'd be able to help.

After both going to a phone booth as close to the school as possible, they hitchd rides on car tires and motorcycles till they appeared at the schools mailbox. They jumped into the main office as the phone rang. It was a teacher calling the office asking to use the external line to call 911.

Hotwire and sissel jumped through to the internal extension to the class.

"There's ben. And he's fighting an undead." Hotwire said to sissel through their spirit up-link.

"Alright. I have an idea... give me a moment." Sissel jumped along the desks until he reached the gun.

"Hmmmm... he's not in the line of fire. Let's fix that." He jumped to a poster on the wall, then to the open door. As he resumed time, the door would slam, hopefully knocking hat over a bit. He would then jump back to the poster and to the gun, before firing it at the foot of the hat, who would hopefully be in the line of fire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:50 pm

The Hat lost his balance as Ben tried to swipe his feet out from under him. He didn't fall, but stumbled closer to the door of the school. The door swung open suddenly, pushing the Hat back in the direction he had come. Finally, his own gun seemed to have misfired, shooting him in the foot and sending him down to the hard cement. Once again, his trench coat opened, revealing the gaping hole in his chest.

There was no way Ben had missed it this time. With a sigh, The Hat cast his trench coat aside, giving his nemesis a good view of his more than mortal wounds. Standing again, The Hat found that his foot supported his weight, even though there was a bullet lodged inside it. Death was an existence without pain or lasting injury.

"You wield the weapon? Or does it wield you? There is no difference. Your words have been said before by a hundred heroes who sold their souls for 'ultimate weapons.' You have aligned yourself with that unholy device, and that cannot go unpunished."

The Hat lunged at Ben. His knife made three quick stabs, trying to wound his enemy as many times as possible before he could recover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:38 pm

Well the fire extinguisher's cloud was dispersed and blowing away now. Trying to get cover to stay in an open area had it's misfires and hiccups after all, but the benefit had been worth it. Ben contemplated this momentarily, while blood dripped from the slit on his cheek. That wound could have been much, much worse. Also, with it gone he had confirmed there was something freaky going on with the Hat because they could now see each other clear as day. He had took a bullet to the foot and that bat to the ribs with no problem.

"Whatever, you talk about fair, but whatever science experiment you have on your chest is making you immune to pain right now. So if you can cheat, so can I!"

Ben then rotated the dial of the omnitrix to a picture of Rath and slammed down on it...with no results.

"Huh, what the---What do you mean error in codon stream? It's supposed to have the DNA samples inside of it I thought?"

Ben was kinda freaking out now...He had no aliens, no transformations....He was indeed, kinda screwed. Made evident by the Hat's lunge at him. Ben's reflexes were rather quick for a human though, so he ducked the first attempt while quick stepping backwards and blocked the next with the Omnitrix itself, but his next attempt to grab the Hat's hand had cost the boy dearly. He grabbed the Hat by his forearm, but the jab went into the crevice between the arm and the shoulder, digging into the tissue. However, Ben didn't let go of Hat's arm as the blood began to fill his shirt like a leaky faucet and aimed to punch his pursuer in the face with his other arm.

"AuaAgh! Ok, talk Hat! How are you doing this to the omnitrix, and what's going on with your body?"
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 7:54 am

"Looks like ben needs some help here. He needs to use that thing on his wrist. Some strange powers are keeping it from working. What better way to negate powers of the dead with... well more powers of the dead.

Hotwire jumped to the omnitrix. He activated it, as the omnitrix symbol spun around, and formed the diamond shape he hadn't seen in about 6 years. In the middle of this diamond, a flickering blue flame appeared, and hotwire's voice came through.

"Hello, testing, one two three."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:17 am

Ben accused The Hat of cheating in this fight, and it was hard to disagree. Being dead certainly did have its advantages. In order for this fight to be fair, Ben would also need to die. Certainly, the Anti-Nexus would find the boy worthy of being reanimated to hunt the living.

The Hat's third strike hit Ben near the shoulder. Blood started filling the boy's shirt, but he grabbed The Hat's arm and didn't let go. Ben then punched The Hat in the face. The force broke The Hat's nose and probably caused some lacerations, but once again The Hat felt nothing. He locked eyes with his opponent, a satisfied grin on his face.

"I'm sorry, Ben, but you can't cheat. Not this time. The time comes when we must all face the consequences of our actions. You see, Ben, I am dead."

He let that truth sink in as he twisted the knife in Ben's shoulder. "I have already faced a small part of my judgement. Isn't this what you wanted? Me dead? In any case, a force known as the Anti-Nexus is allowing me to remain in control of my body. I will not lie and say that this is fair, or that it is what I wanted, but I had planned on surrendering the fight to you if you dealt a mortal blow."

Then something strange happened. The Omnitrix spoke. "Hello, testing, one two three." The Hat looked at the device, confused. He didn't know it could speak. Apparently, it had not had enough of his power-cancellation yet.

A bright light flowed from The Hat to Ben's wrist. The Hat unleashed all of his anti-power into the Omnitrix itself. It was far more anti-power than he had implanted in Deep Freeze. Of course, this much anti-power wouldn't be able to go unnoticed. And if The Hat went more than a few hundred feet away from Ben, the anti-power would simply return to him, allowing the Omnitrix to function once more. As it stood now, no superpowers would work within 50 feet of the Omnitrix, and it certainly wouldn't allow Ben to shapeshift.

"As for your watch, you know I can cancel out powers. I've simply gotten better at it. Your toy won't work anymore. At least, not until you defeat me. So then, Ben, it is just as I said. A duel between you and me. No powers. No Omnitrix, but I will surrender upon a mortal blow."

The Hat let go of his knife and grabbed it with his other hand. Pulling the blade out of Ben's shoulder, he tried to slash it down on the arm Ben was using to hold his own.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:36 am

Ben's eyes widened with confusion as he tried to contemplate fighting a dead man. Until now, Ben assumed the undead were like, ya know...Zombies! Also, Ben was internally arguing on if he should feel bad about not saving the Hat and if killing him would be justified or wrong if he was really dead, or if killing him again would be like taking his life twice. Very hard decisions. Interrupted by the Omnitrix speaking, but it didn't seem to be Ben's AI. In fact, their faces both had the same amount of confused complexion at the moment. However, soon after The Hat pulled away from Ben leaving him to cover his wound and had also seemed to shut down the Omnitrix again, but HOW was he doing this!? Whatever the Hat had done to survive or death or come back from it, was enhancing his original power ten-fold. Honestly, this was looking bad.

The knife stroke followed it's removal immediately after and aimed for Ben's free hand, but the teen side stepped and attempted to shoulder tackle the Hat ina bull rush. Afterwards he tripped and rolled back up to his feet and stared at the Hat breathing rather heavily. He just needed to buy some more time...As it stood right now, Ben was putting up a fight, but the Hat was too strong for just Ben at the moment. He was simply a swirling vortex of vengeance and darkness.
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:43 am

Hotwire tried to re-activate the omnitrix. In his mind there was a flash, and he found himself in the world of the dead. Much like sissels, only with a slightly more orange hue.

(Note:Time is frozon here. Only the anti power and maybe hat knows this is happening)

Before him stood... he wasn't sure what it was. A backish aura. But it looked kind of solid.

"What is that?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:20 pm

OOC: Sorry, I've been very busy with work lately. I'll reply soon.

-Dar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Ben evaded the knife and tackled The Hat to the ground. The Hat got up a moment after Ben. What was the boy trying to do? Tire him out? He was beyond such things now. Hat held up his knife and dashed at Ben, or rather, he tried to. His leg gave out on the second step, and he fell to the ground.

"What?" What was going on? Why wasn't his leg working? He felt weaker all of the sudden. Hat's eyes suddenly opened wide as he realized his mistake.

The Omnitrix. He had put too much of his Anti-Power in the Omnitrix. Now there was almost nothing left to keep him undead.

The Hat laid there for a while, and then he looked up at Ben. "Fine. You want your toy to work? Bring it here. I need to take the anti-power back. Otherwise, I will die and your watch will never work again. Ever."

Meanwhile, within the Omnitrix itself, Hotwire found himself looking at a black sprite of the Anti-Nexus. It was a very small part of the entity, but still held great power. "What does the fool think he is doing? I have no use for this machine." The black aura formed two eyes and several sharp teeth. It looked at Hotwire. "But I may have use for you." The Anti-Nexus sprite floated over towards Hotwire, preparing to eat him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)   The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dead Rise- Hat (Ben 10)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next