Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 52 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 52 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Jinx (Complete) Vote_lcapJinx (Complete) Voting_barJinx (Complete) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Jinx (Complete)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Jinx (Complete) Empty
PostSubject: Jinx (Complete)   Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Jinx

Jinx (Complete) Jinx-teen-titans-villans-11136192-720-480

===IDENTITY===

Full Name: Jinx
Codename: Jinx
Nickname(s): Jinx
Alias(es): Jinx
Birth date: April the first. She thinks it’s fitting.
Classification: Metahuman.
Affiliation: It’s a mixed idea – Though she was a member of H.I.V.E, she’s started distancing herself and would actually probably rather help out ‘the good guys.’ But as of now, she’s working more for herself.

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: Pink. Whether or not she dyes it is unknown.
Eye Color: Equally, pink. She has cat-like pupils, also.
Height: 5”5
Weight: 125 lbs.
Other: She is very lithe in appearance, like a dancer. This helps her when she attacks people, as she’s one for acrobatics. As such, she’s a pretty accomplished acrobat and gymnast.

===POWERS===

Powers: Jinx’s powers are exactly as her name implies; she jinxes people as a form of attack, e.g. a building, otherwise stable, may crumble around them, things might fall in their path, their powers may backfire, etc. You could say that she just brings bad luck on her enemies. However, she needs to be making contact with the ground for her powers to work fully, or indeed, at all.

This is also coupled with the fact that she’s an accomplished acrobat, which she combines with her powers. It’s amazing how well powers of bad luck combine with being able to back flip out of the way, or swinging bar to bar to get behind an enemy.

She can’t target someone from a great distance, however. She runs the risk of bringing harm to someone who is very much uninvolved, and as a rule she prefers to be able to look her enemy in the eye, than risk hurting someone else. As a general rule, she stays in what she calls ‘melee distance’ – Not more than three metres from her enemy.

Some examples? Say that she is fighting someone as she’s running through an alley. Her powers may cause a garbage can to fall in their path, tripping them over. More severe? She may be fighting someone in a warehouse, otherwise structurally sound. But her powers may cause a beam or a roof to fall on the unlucky enemy. Equally, someone, e.g. Starfire, might throw a light bolt at her. Using her powers, the bolt may backfire and hurt Starfire instead. Not pleasant, but it can happen.

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

• Practical jokes.
• Magic shows.
• Quirky clothing.
• The colour ‘pink’.
• Shoes. More specifically, boots.
• Red roses.

Dislikes:
• Well, she’s not quite sure. Does she dislike the Titans? For now, she’s going with yes.
• Practical jokes being played on her.
• Obnoxious superhero outfits. By that, she means ‘Starfire’. Yes, okay, you’re an alien with a good body. No, that does not mean running around dressed like a stripper is okay.
• The colour ‘green.’
• Having to do her hair, every day. Do you know how much hairspray she has to use to get it to stay like that?
• Gizmo. Obnoxious much?
• Beast Boy. Equally obnoxious much?

Strengths:
• Her skills in acrobatics.
• Her skills in gymnastics.
• The way her powers can drastically change the outcome of a battle.
• As far as fighting is concerned, she can fight well. She doesn’t need to always rely on someone else to make sure she comes out triumphant at the end of a fight – as long as she has her powers.
• She likes to think her comebacks are witty.
• Being that she’s been in a team consisting of purely guys for a while now, she’s pretty sure she can hold her own around men.
• Being a bad guy – Or having been a bad guy, she’s not quite sure which yet – Means she’s pretty skilled in breaking and entering.

Weaknesses:
Wally West
• Feeling inadequate; she’ll end up trying too hard.
• If something renders her powers useless, she’s just an average girl. She’s not even in pique physical condition.
• It is very easy to antagonize her.
• If she is not touching ground when using her powers, her powers become weak or altogether disappear.
• Doesn’t always know which side to be on; as a result, she can become very indecisive when trying to pick her ‘enemies’.
• Shoes. More specifically, boots.

Skills:
• As stated before, multiple times? Acrobatics.
• As stated before, multiple times? Gymnastics.
• As stated before, breaking and entering.
• More specifically, she’s pretty good at lock picking. What? You don’t need to always blow doors off banks!
• She knows when to be charming. Couple that with looking as ‘whimsical’ as she does, and she figures she can figure the rest out.
• She can run in heels. Platform and heeled boots make up her outfit, after all.
• Gymnastics and acrobatics in a skirt. That is, indeed, a skill. You try it, then say it isn’t.

Equipment:
• None. She doesn’t really need anything.

Habits/Quirks:
• She has a habit of brushing a strand of hair out of her face when gloating.
• She equally does this when nervous.
• Equally when talking to Wally.
• She can’t resist one-liners.
• She will fiddle with the hem of her dress when addressing Kid Flash. Though she denies this.
• She will unconsciously adjust her appearance when she passes something of a reflective nature.
• She finds it hard to stand still, and as a result, squirms when she’s not entertained.
• She’ll hum when she’s by herself. To the point of general annoyance to anyone who can hear.

Personality: Jinx is, occasionally, a bit of a contradiction: She may dress like some new-wave Goth, or a Halloween reject, but her personality does not reflect the outside (save, perhaps, her hair). She’s actually quite bubbly, and enjoys a good joke. Maybe when bad luck follows you, this happens?

Either way, she’s just as keen on a good practical joke as the next person, and despite her ‘bad guy’ persona, is actually very reluctant to partake in law-breaking. Of course, she enjoys the thrill of doing the exact opposite of the law, but she finds it hard to sleep at night when she knows someone else’s money is in her pocket.

She’s equally quite easily amused, and very flirtatious when it comes to Wally West. Well, she attempts to be flirtatious, but she always ends up giggling like a schoolgirl. Which annoys her, because she generally keeps her cool around any other guy.

She’s also fidgety. This means that, unless she’s otherwise occupied, she makes you nervous to watch, seeing as she’s constantly moving.

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Family: Unknown; she’s removed from the anyway. She considers her teammates her family (though, as stated before, she’s begun to distance herself from H.I.V.E).

Place of Origin: Jump City

Current City: Jump City

History: I’ve had to make some stuff up. So, take this all as ‘I made it up, cartoon Jinx doesn’t have a huge backstory.’

Jinx’s backstory is pretty much vague to anyone but Jinx. It’s known she was born in Jump City, but she refuses to tell anyone the full story. Luckily, we’re not just anyone. A lot of this may be just speculation, but here goes nothing.

She was born to Barbara and Leroy, two dentists. Yes, I know. Dentists. They named her Amy. Anyway, since she was a baby, bad luck seemed to follow her everywhere. Her parents were already worried about her strange complexion and eye colour, and when she started exhibiting all the traits of a metahuman, they had no idea what to do.

Not to mention she was costing them a bomb on household repairs.

When Jinx hit ten, Barbara and Leroy had had enough. Most caring parents would have persevered, but not Barbara and Leroy. They thought it best if she was ‘out of the public eye, so people wouldn’t make fun of her.’

They contacted someone, anyone, and it just so happened to H.I.V.E. Jinx trained there, got an education there, and everything in between, until she was assigned to a team. And the rest was history.

Sample RP: This is an extract from a fanfiction of mine.

Wind whipped furiously at long, lavender hair. The entirety of the lavender mass was swirling uncontrollably, and somewhere within the hair was nestled a thin face, almost doll like, with large amethyst eyes, and a mouth. The mouth was set in a thin line, and the eyes looked out over the water at the setting sun.

Years had passed since the Titans had parted ways. The tower was in abandon, crumbling. Yet Raven returned here, to the roof, on a regular basis. Never had she been able to meditate as peacefully as here, atop this building.

Oh, how things have changed. I was battling for silence here, in the past. Now I come here, guaranteed it.

Yes, things had changed. She had lost contact with Starfire, and the now Nightwing. Theatrical, she thought, then shook her head. Beast Boy had left Jump City a long time ago. And Cyborg had just slipped off the radar.

Why did she get lost in thought, when she came here only to meditate?

Perhaps, she thought, perhaps it's because I miss it. I miss everything. I miss everyone.

She was no longer a famous superhero; no longer the dark and broody one of the group, no longer second to Starfire to fanboys. She operated alone, and only now did people suddenly find her interesting.

Yes, she had changed. Her hair had grown out, long and now passed her shoulders in length. She had traded in her leotard and cape for some jeans and a long sleeved, black t-shirt today. When she fought crime, she was different; she liked to think she had grown up, and now wore a skin tight, black suit, and long black boots. A hooded cape, finished with gloves, made up her ensemble.

And the main difference?

I work alone now.

The words resounded through her mind, a deadpan monotone. Sighing to the wind, fed up of thoughts long since dropped, she allowed herself one, last regret before her meditation.

I never gained enough courage, control, never could battle my own fear, to even comfort Cyborg. Now I'm living in a remote corner of Jump City, and I…I've lost contact with all my friends. With…With possibly the best guy I knew. Maybe I was in love with him. Maybe I smothered the love for fear of how I would handle it.

She needed to stop. She would think it over, and over, and over, until she drove herself crazy. She was a more mature Raven, filled with doubts, regrets. Yet, she was happier than she had been in her teenage years.

And Raven didn't do crazy. Maybe possessed, but never crazy.

Crossing her legs in mid air, it looked as though she would drop. But instead, a subtle cushion of nothingness kept her floating.

Azerath. Metrion. Zinthos.

The chant began, and peacefully she floated, amethyst eyes closed, until the sun had completely set.

How long she'd stayed there, she wasn't entirely sure. Longer than she should have allowed herself, she knew that was for sure, but a measurement of time? She couldn't have said.

What disrupted her was the creak of the door to the roof. It had rusted, making it louder to open these days. A clomp of boots shook her, and she dropped her legs so that she was standing, whirling around in a blaze of lavender hair. No one would dare bother her, surely? Perhaps she wasn't a Titan any more, but people knew well enough never to mess with Raven.

She lowered her hands, which were pulsing black with surprise, as a face from the past, though not entirely unforgotten, met hers.

His one, robotic eye still seemed to penetrate her very soul, and the circuits still whirred through his arms, his legs. But his mouth, and his one, human eye, conveyed very human emotion in stark contrast to the cold, robotic indifference which he seemed to radiate to anyone who didn't have any knowledge of his character.

"…Rae?" He questioned softly, taken aback as he took one, tentative step closer. Her own face was surprised, though her mask of indifference that had become the norm in her teenage years had almost disappeared.

"Cyborg?" She questioned back, her voice still a monotone, though Cyborg was pleased to hear at least a hint of emotion ringing throughout the last syllable.

He stepped closer still, until they were only inches apart. He didn't feel threatening to her, and she took the opportunity to examine him. Age had only touched his face by way of laugh lines around his mouth, and he had the shadows of a beard around his jaw, which signaled perhaps a missed shave.

He in turn examined her as well, noting the change in her own demeanor as well as stature and clothing. She seemed…She seemed so much…So different. A happier Rae. A Rae he'd dreamt of.

"What are you doing here?" She prompted, and Cyborg couldn't resist a grin. The same blunt manor. The same short, harsh questions. Yet he didn't detect any hatred within the bluntness. He shrugged, his human eye blinking.

"I come here, time to time. How about you, girl? I thought you'd upped and left a long time ago," he questioned, and Raven mirrored his shrug.

"I never left. I'm still here. In Jump City. Missing the glory days," she stated, and Cyborg threw his head back and laughed, the same laugh he'd had as a teenager. Raven's lips twitched, fighting a smile. Cyborg realized this sudden change in character. Raven…Raven hadn't aged since he'd last seen her, eight years ago. She was twenty eight, him thirty, and yet he felt like he looked thousands of years older than her.

Last edited by Jinx on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

Jinx (Complete) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinx (Complete)   Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm

It's funny because you've seemed to join with this fantastic app at the right time. Were actually thinking of re-incorporating the HIVE into this rpg. Which until now has disbanded. Also, I should warn you, but I am pretty sure you're already ware. This is third generation of Titans. So she might not see Robin or Kid Flash running around here too often unless we need them for a story. And even then it would be Drake and Bart. Because Dick and Wally have just started to assume their adult roles..

Just one nit pick, for those who might not know too much about Jinx even though they're on this site. Which actually happens I assure you. Could you give just a few examples under her powers of what they can do to someone or something you Hex. As in what they can cause to happen.
Back to top Go down

Jinx (Complete) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinx (Complete)   Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Awesome. Yeah, I figured as much - I didn't know quite how old to make her to keep in time, so I made her nineteen, about to become a more adult Jinx. But that can be changed - I want to keep it as close to original time lines as possible and perhaps you could help advise me? I dunno.

And I sure can, running to change that now Smile
Back to top Go down

Jinx (Complete) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinx (Complete)   Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Updated - Lemme know if you need more.
Back to top Go down

Jinx (Complete) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinx (Complete)   Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:21 pm

19 is actually a perfect age for the site. And with the addition of updated powers I do deem the;

Jinx (Complete) Venom_25
Back to top Go down

Jinx (Complete) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinx (Complete)   Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Yay! Thanks a lot - And I have to admit, I love the Venom graphic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Jinx (Complete) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinx (Complete)   Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Hehe, thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jinx (Complete) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinx (Complete)   Jinx (Complete) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jinx (Complete)
Page 1 of 1