Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 43 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 43 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
A Rose By Any Name Vote_lcapA Rose By Any Name Voting_barA Rose By Any Name Vote_rcap 
Moon
A Rose By Any Name Vote_lcapA Rose By Any Name Voting_barA Rose By Any Name Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

A Rose By Any Name

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:14 pm

So this is what the big cities were like?

So many people, so much going on; there was a lot to take in and it could make a girl really excited and giddy. This particular girl was VERY giddy, looking around at the marvels of industry as she roamed the streets barefoot in a simple dress. It was a lovely day out to not get hit by a car; and despite taking the time to observe the other pedestrians to see how the crosswalks worked, the half-demon child would rather not have to deal with them altogether. That's when she discovered Jump City's central park, and made her way over straight to it as fast as she could. It was everything she hoped for; lush green grass and trees to roam under as she took the opportunity to relax and enjoy the scenery without having to constantly worry about being in someone's way. It was refreshing, and she considered settling down for the evening here.

The new girl roamed the park whistling peacefully to herself as she kept her eyes out. Eventually, she found something lovely that caught her eye, and made her way towards a display of lovely pink and yellow flower buds, recently planted in a center portion of the park. They had been planted despite the snow, in hopes that it would recede soon and they would spring to live as soon as the spring air and rains would come. With no one else around, she made her way over and knelt down before them.

Poor things hadn't much of a chance in the cold, and had yet to fully form or bloom. She sat down in front of them, on her knes, and began to move her lips. To any observers she would appear silently chanting, not a sound uttering from her lips as they moved. Yet she knew the flowers could hear her, and she spoke to them words of encouragement in some unknowable language.

//beauty//prosperity//tenacity//fertility//fortune//life//

The silent chant took about 30 seconds to fully complete, but when she was done she saw the fruits of her love immediately. All of them began to bloom and unfold in beautiful color; opening themselves up to the white-haired creature. She smiled, reaching out and softly plucking one of the flower blooms from the plant and took it into her hand. She admired it's petals in bright, pink display, enjoying it as she again chanted silently a few alien words that no-one else would hear.

//enhance//nourishment//

She smiled again at the flower's lovely color. And then she ate it; petals and all. That one flower bloom went into her mouth and did not come back out as she chewed it up and swallowed, feeling much better as it went down the hatch. It tasted pretty nice, too.

Welp, there was her one meal for the day. Time to see what else was going on. But right away, she turned her head to the side to see the face of someone who had just watched a strange, bare-footed girl eat a flower whole. A friendly and pleasant smile sat on her face, as if she didn't seem to think anything of the action at all.
Back to top Go down
RYUU
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
RYUU

RPG character
Name: Ryuu/Liev/Keir
Code Name: Rapture/Facade/Heroine

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 11:51 pm

A blazé sunshine marked the sky, encouraging the strange snowfall to melt with its much-needed warmth. Still cool, it stood to be a perfect day to go for a walk, away from the dusty and dreary halls of Jump City’s abandoned theatre, now a respite home for wayward ‘others,’ as the German shapeshifter lovingly referred to the denizens of the grand yet gloomy place. A break from its admittedly heavy atmosphere had been needed, and so, he had fetched his black parasol and bid farewell to friendly faces.

Liev Aleksandr Erhlichmann had grown tired of humanity over the last hundred years, but the change in scenery and company had done wonders for him. Ever since that rough-houser Rapture had pulled him out of retirement and dusted him off, a new sense of belonging sat atop his square shoulders. Walking in tune to an old favorite, the lyrics to Night Riots’ Contagious played in his head.

I am contagious, I am breaking down
I am nothing, I am no-one’s fault
I am contagious, I am plagued with lies
I am nothing, I am no-one’s fault

Certainly a rather solemn song, the ballad had great meaning to the shapeshifter. It brought a sense of familiarity in a still-new town, something comforting in its own somber way. Faces flew past him, a man stuck in time, some staring at his powder-white face and golden eyes, or perhaps it was his odd attire consisting of a black bodysuit and full ruffled collar. Black painted nails, sleek cat eyeliner, and lacy parasol lent a sense of femininity to the otherwise classically masculine appearance––strong jawline, broad chest, and a healthy height of six-foot-two. Certainly, stranger-looking individuals populated the great city, and one awaited not too far away, as it would turn out.

Entering the midtown park with the intent of scoping those in potential need, Facade took but a few steps before beholding an odd sight… even odd for he who had lived for over one-hundred years. Before him, he stopped and watched in quiet awe as a young lady with the most beautiful white hair, magenta eyes, and fine features procured and… ate a flower. An entire flower, petals and all.

’Now that’s something you don’t see every day,’ Facade mused, partially obscured by a budding tree. Perhaps this act was natural for the young miss? Facade didn’t believe it his place to judge, but his knack for nurturing stole away any hesitation for politeness’s sake.

“Excuse me,” he began, his German accent evident from the first syllable. “…but my goodness. If you’re hungry, I have provisions plenty over at the old theatre. I serve anyone who’s in need.” He smiled pleasantly, trying and failing to not wonder what a flower tastes like.
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 12:03 am

The smile of the demoness brightened as she listened to the man spoke to her in a friendly tone, even offering her food if she needed it.  It was a pleasant gesture; and though not everyone was so kind, she was surprised to find that this type of charity was not all too uncommon.  At least for her, everyone that she'd interacted with so far had been rather pleasant to her.  Either that, or she was awful good at paying no mind to the ones that weren't.  

The girl shook her head softly, getting up and brushing herself off as she kept her focus turned back at this new individual.  She wasn't hungry; at least..not anymore.  Yet his offer was much appreciated and she hoped to convey this with her smile.

Last edited by Kardus on Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 3:58 pm

More people would be making their way through the park. Probably the most obvious and eye catching (for one obvious reason) was the literal fireman, Sol. He was accompanied by his young ward, Daniella. School had been cancelled with the snow and all, and Daniella was getting cabin fever. In addition, deliveries were being delayed which meant his business was having some trouble. Why did it have to be snow? It was just as bad as water. Which is why he was wearing galoshes, and what was essentially a raincoat- he also had with him an umbrella because he wasn't taking any chances. Daniella was dressed warmly and pulling a sled laden with bags of foodstuffs.

It was unusually quiet, what with the apparent existence of the small masked creatures. Which you'd think would be a good thing considering what they were capable of. But their apparent absence today was very evident with the eerie quiet. Probably didn't have anyone to specifically bother now that the military group occupying the city was gone. Too bad that didn't mean the masked mischief-makers would leave too. The pair would be walking by, oblivious to the fact the girl had eaten a flower. However...

"Sol, are those horns?" Daniella asked, pointing toward Facade and the girl. Sol turned to look and squinted for a moment. Those did look like horns, and that brought up a number of questions. There'd be more but there wasn't really anyone out and about with the snow and trouble making creatures known to run about in the recent past. Sol waved toward them in greeting.

OOC
A pic of Daniella, minus the ears: Click Here
Back to top Go down
RYUU
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
RYUU

RPG character

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 2:47 pm

The girl seemed to be doing well on her own. Naturally, this would cause Liev to part, but had his attention turned to an even more delightfully bizarre individual. At first he mistook the gentleman as someone who had unfortunately caught fire, but soon realized that his body was comprised of fire. Now, that flaming body waved and the young miss and himself.  At this point, he noticed that there was a human-looking girl accompanying him. “Good afternoon, good people” Facade called jovially, bowing slightly. This day stood to get better and better. Not every day did he meet such interesting individuals, even with his makeshift soup kitchen.

Turning back to the horned girl, Liev smiled. “Well, at any rate, if you ever change your mind, I’m at the old theatre in the downtown area. Food and shelter are available to those who need it.”
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 5:27 pm

Charmed by the polite offer of the gentleman, the quiet demoness started to think about his words and what he had meant by offering anyone who was 'in need'.  What did he mean by 'in need", she started to wondering, beginning to consider the fact that she had just arrived with no real steady provisions.  She had the means to take care of herself as a scavenger, but perhaps that wasn't optimal?

As she was thinking, she heard the voice of a young girl ask about horns, and turned her head to confirm the idea that they were talking about her.  It seems they were, and she very happily returned to them a smile and a wave.  The girl looked so cute and soft, and the man he was with seemed to be some kind of fire elemental.  That was new!  How exciting!  But why was he...

Her smile faded to a look of curious realization.  Oh...he was a fire elemental, and there was snow and cold everywhere today.  He probably wore that getup for his own protection.  It made sense.  She curiously stared at him while absent-mindedly feeling one of her horns, until the nice, young gentleman spoke towards her again.

She turned her head and listened to his offer a second time, smiling and nodding to him in thanks.  If he stuck around very long, he would see her immediately start to look around, and that smile of hers faded to confusion.  Wait a minute...which way was downtown?  The look on her face became more and more confuzzled until she looked right back to the gentleman and pointed her fingers criss-cross in opposite direction, still with a puzzled look.  In case she ever took his offer, she had no idea where to go to find him.  She should probably know that before he left, hence the mime-like display of communication.  

Last edited by Kardus on Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 5:45 pm

It just dawned on Sol what Facade was wearing. Wasn't he cold in that? Come to think of it, weren't either of them cold? He wasn't well versed but had enough common sense to know that most demons, and all humans needed padding to withstand the cold. They weren't like him, made of fire and exuding some level of heat that ranged from warm on the surface, to incinerating within. On today he had to be extra vigilante because while his own odd getup would keep snow from clinging to him, there was still the cold dampness it could leave behind. Sol was going to keep walking, wanting to get these foodstuffs back when Daniella suddenly called out, "Aren't you cold wearing that?" Sol blinked and glanced at Daniella for a moment. He "voiced" something which wouldn't sound like anything but flame.

"Well, that may be true of the pretty lady. But Morphsuit man doesn't have horns, and so must be just a funny looking man," Daniella replied with childish humor. Sol gave her the disapproving dad look for saying he looked funny... regardless of how true it was in this case.
Back to top Go down
RYUU
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
RYUU

RPG character

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 9:30 pm

The display of silent gestures lead the shapeshifter to believe she wasn’t just simply non-talkative. She could at least understand him, and seemed to ask for directions. Stepping closer and allowing the parasol to encompass both individuals, Facade bent his knees to accommodate the height difference and pointed in the direction he came. “It’s a bit of a walk. Eight blocks that way, then take a left. Continue another six blocks and you'll come across it. It’s a huge building with a — hee! — grand facade, completely black. Looks like something out of the Victorian period. A lovely place really, just such a shame that it fell into disrepair. Ich glaub mich knutscht ein Elch!” He tapped his chin pensively before catching himself starting to ramble. “Dear me, I’m so sorry, fraulein. I haven’t been in Jump for very long, but I’ve already taken a liking to its theatre. My, my... at any rate, I’ve been terribly rude. Haven’t had the politeness to introduce myself.” Standing straight again but keeping the parasol in place, he bowed once more. "My name is Liev Aleksandr Ehrlichmann, but to most I am known as ‘Facade.’ A pleasure to meet you.”

The snow fell gently, but Facade’s bodysuit was made of thermal material, and the ruffled collar added to the getup’s weather-considerate theme. The theatre was considerably warmer after he had helped fix the place with his personal finances. Hopefully, it would return to its glory in due time. As for the madame and monsieur he had greeted not too long ago, he would wait to see if they engaged any further. He did wonder, however, about a million questions as to how the fire entity’s entire life worked. Such a curious individual, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 10:39 pm

Was she cold?

The demoness looked down at herself in her bare feet, lifting the flow of her dress a little to also reveal, up to the knees, bare legs. She realized that she was very lightly dressed for the weather, even though she didn't feel the effects of it. She did a head bob, a shrug, and a nod as she looked Daniella as she made her response. Yeah...I guess she was lightly dressed. The exchange of words made her smile a little bit at their humor.

Then she got her directions, listening closely to them and nodding in understanding. His description turned into a small rant, and his German made her raise a questioning expression. What an odd thing to say... He was an odd person was, but at least he was pleasant and polite, even going so far as to introduce himself. She smiled at his greeting and gave a little curtsy in response, dipping down and lifting the length of her dress briefly.

She would remember his directions, but at this time her attention was drawn back to the fire elemental. She had never seen one before and his features caught her eye. Before she knew it, she staring at him with a curios expression, wondering what he felt like to touch. But for now...she staved off her curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 11:09 pm

"He's silly," Daniella said referring to Facade's demeanor good naturedly. "He's Sol, and I'm Daniella," Daniella introduced them, feeling obligated to since... like no one understood Sol but her in this given instance. There was totally no way anyone else here in her mind could- did demons know Sol's language? No, probably not. Just because they live in really hot places didn't mean they could talk like fire. She couldn't either- it was SO HARD just trying to understand it.

Sol wasn't sure what to think about either Facade or the demoness. She seemed well behaved, more so than three half-demons he could think of. Did Facade summon her? No. He didn't see any evidence of that. Sol then tapped his wrist toward Daniella, trying to indicate they needed to head back. "Oh right! We have things to drop off. You two should tag along and warm up!" Daniella offered.
Back to top Go down
RYUU
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
RYUU

RPG character

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 12:04 am

Two rather quiet individuals, the girl with horns and the man of fire. Perhaps neither of them spoke in a language he could understand. Strange, seeing that he knew and spoke every language known to man, so they must speak some other non-human dialect. How fun! Now the girl who introduced herself as ‘Daniella’ posed an invitation. But where would they be going?

Facade thought back to his theatre –– well, it wasn’t really his theatre –– Rapture had scoped the place out and set him up. He found himself thinking of what she would have done in this situation. Most likely not have bothered speaking to anyone in the first place, or coming this way for that matter. But should someone enter her temple, hospitality would be a requirement.

He had someone who could tell whether people were human or not, however, and humans would be rejected. Not on principle of him disliking them, no, but they had enough resources on their own. The ‘strange’ and ‘other’ were more his forte. Like these folks.

“Where to?” he inquired, allotting time for when he would have to return to ‘his’ abode.
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 2:14 pm

The nameless smiled at the good nature of the young witch, and soon learned the names that the two of them called themselves by. It was always interesting to see if there was any relation between people's names, and she was glad they felt friendly enough to offer theirs. Not like she could call them by their common names, regardless.. She should probably find a way to get a common name for herself. She had a few ideas.

But that might have to wait, as she was soon asked to tag along with the girl and the elemental seeming to act as her guardian. Facade seemed interested in going with them, or at least knowing where, so she went ahead and smiled to Daniella as she gave them a nod. Yes, she would go with them. They seemed like very warm and friendly people to listen to, and there was no reason not to accept their hospitality.

And so, the young girl stood ready to follow Daniella, as she had been the one to suggest they follow. She would listen for in case Sol had anything to say about that, though. Maybe she had invited them against his wishes. She would have to check out the theater later today. With nothing else to do and a completely free schedule, it would be rude to not also accept his kindly offer. But one thing at a time, as they say.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 3:51 pm

Sol did give Daniella a look to vaguely express that she shouldn't have just offered it, then again it was hard for him to communicate with other people. And he was definitely okay with the young demoness, Facade seemed... odd but didn't seem like he'd be any trouble. Plus Daniella needed some company with school being closed, the little masked minions absent, Isabel absent- even Ally hadn't been around as often as she used to. He blinked and quietly started to worry for some reason at all of these absences. Daniella looked up at him for confirmation. "S...ur," Sol managed to rasp, the sound of flame coming off as a soft whistle as he tried to voice english.

"Yay! We're going to Sol's bar- it's over that way abit," Daniella said pointing toward the direction they were already heading, with their little sled of foodstuffs. After an amount of time passed with no incident, the group would arrive at a brick and mortar styled building with "Sol's" up top over the door. Sol would unlock the door, letting every one else inside before stepping in himself. "We're here! Make yourselves at home- Sol's gonna need to get out of his raincoat and all that but feel free to look at the menu for something~" Daniella said pulling the sled into the back while Sol followed suit. This would only be for a moment or two, before Sol emerged in his usual dapper clothes.

OOC
The Bar.

Back to top Go down
RYUU
Skilled Metahuman
Skilled Metahuman
RYUU

RPG character

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 5:35 pm

Facade put his umbrella away as he walked into the establishment, admiring the rustic charm of the place and welcoming the warmth it provided. The overall reddish tone appeased his aesthetic taste, and the ‘DRIVE WITH CONSIDERATION’ sign was a nice touch.  The stained glass hanging lamps and round lighting lent a subdued tone to the area. Behind the counter were shelves of various liquors. Scanning the vials, it dawned on the shapeshifter that the unnamed individual might be a little young for a bar, but then again, looks were deceiving. This, he knew more than most. ’When in Rome,’ he thought to himself and picked up a menu. On it was a number of foodstuffs, mostly grilled items as was to be expected. Facade wasn’t very hungry but didn’t want to be impolite so he considered what to order. Plenty of things seemed good, but he would wait until his comrades had a chance to decide. In the meantime, he opted for conversion.

“Such a lovely place you have,” he mused with a smile. “Have you been in Jump long?”
Back to top Go down
Kardus
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Kardus

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 5:56 pm

A bar? Oh, that was like a fancy restaurant wasn't it? Or something of the sort. With all this talk of food, it sounded like scavenging wouldn't be needed; but could she really expect to receive other's hospitality for free when she had none of her own to offer? Maybe, but that was assuming she had nothing to give in return. She had plenty; if only they would accept it when the time came.

With no other obligations she was happy to accompany them, following close to the side of Daniella and giving her a cheerful grin before her eyes deviated. This city was still very new to her and she marveled at it's aesthetics as they traversed. When they arrived, she had even more to look at, and stared at the interior with moth agape and shimmering eyes. This was their second best? It certainly showed, encouraging another happy grin from the girl as she sat down right next to her friendly Facade.

She didn't seem very hungry at the moment, instead interested in drinking in the atmosphere. The sights, the lights, the sounds, the people talking; she was enjoying the experience of being her more than she was looking at the menu, although it did eventually catch her eye and prompted her to stare at the paper sitting on the table in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Rose By Any Name Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rose By Any Name   A Rose By Any Name Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Rose By Any Name
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next