Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Vote_lcapOh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Voting_barOh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Moon
Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Vote_lcapOh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Voting_barOh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Oh Brave New World! (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Fox
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Fox

Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 9:20 pm

"I'd still like to try a whole turkey..." Fox said with a laugh before he leaned over the edge of the chair to look for the lever. After hearing the explaination he gave it a little tug and then let out another laugh as he fell back into the chair. It was the first time Fox had laughed since coming out of his little prison, and showed that he was slowly becoming more comfortable around Isiah.

"Hehehe! This is so weird, but fun! So, are you and your brother wealthy then? What do you both do for a living to be able to live in such comfort? Landowners maybe? No, that wouldn't work... there's not room for any farms around here. Oh, maybe merchants? A city is always a good place for merchants!" Fox said, trying to guess what it was that Isiah and the mysterious brother did.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Isiah smiled and laughed alittle at seeing Fox actually start getting comfortable now. "Well actually, we just help out with the store with Nina. She owns the store downstairs, which sells comic books, manga books, trading cards- a bunch of stuff that people like me really like," Isiah replied cheerfully. "Before that though, our parents were scientists. People who learn how to make stuff like Electricity to power our lights and stuff. I don't remember my parents, I was too young when they passed away," Isiah continued more somberly, a brief chill filling the room.
"WE ARE. ALWAYS WITH YOU."
Back to top Go down
Fox
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 9:35 pm

Fox rocked back and forth in the cushioned chair, enjoying just how spacious it was for his small frame.

"The only word I understood about what that shop sells was 'books'." Fox stated bluntly, though he didn't seem to disapprove of such a thing. After all books were very expensive to produce from what he remembered, each one needing to by hand copied by some monk or scholar. To have a store that dealt with books exclusively meant they had to have quite a bit of money, and a wealthy clientele too... or so he thought. If he'd know about the printing press he might have revised his opinion a bit.

Hearing that Isiah's parents worked with stuff like the lightning that illuminated homes caused Fox's ears to perk up with surprise, and then quickly lower as Isiah went on to tell how he didn't remember them as they passed away when he was young.

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that. My parents died when I was young too." Fox stated, looking a little sad. He'd known they were gone ever since his home forest had burned down, but saying it out loud was a bit of a sobering moment for him too.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 9:43 pm

"But I try not to let it get me down. My brother has told me a lot about them and I feel like they're always with me because of that. Though he was alittle vague about our father. And we don't have any pictures of him any where. It's strange," Isiah added trying to brighten up the room. "I'm sure you'll catch on quickly with how the modern world works," he said changing the subject.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 9:52 pm

Fox was glad of the change of subject as it didn't seem to be an easy thing for either or them to talk about.

"Everything in this city is weird... I hope I can get used to it as quickly as you hope I can. What were those loud machines that were all over the streets? They were so noisy and smelly!" Fox stated, calling attention to the cars and trucks that had been going up and down the streets.

"And where does all the food come to feed this many people? There's no room for any farms that I could see, and there are more people here than I've ever seen in one place!" Fox rustled his own head fur in frustration at how little he knew before allowing himself to collapse backwards into the chair. At least chairs now were super comfortable... that was a plus. He opened his mouth wide and dumped the rest of his tea into his open maw, finishing the cup as he continued to lay there.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 10:02 pm

"Those are cars, or automobiles. They're... like horse drawn carriages without the horses. They're machines too and some can be powered by electricity. And yeah, you won't find farms in big cities like this. You have to go out into the country. But basically everything that the farms make gets shipped out and distributed throughout the big cities using BIG Trucks- a kind of car. And then people like us can buy them at super markets," Isiah explained best he could. He was also taking to using older world comparisons to describe some things, still feeling like Fox had been sent here by a wizard.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Fox understood the idea of the machines being used as transportation, and admittedly they didn't smell quite as bad as a stable full of horses.

"But how does everyone get enough food in time? Surely most of the food must spoil if they have to bring it all the way to the city for people to buy!" Fox said, not disbelieving his new friend but simply not seeing how all this could really work.

"And what's a super market? How is it different than a normal market?" He added, being more used to small town markets where everyone brought out their goods for sale. The idea that massive shipments of food could just come in a refrigerated truck and kept on ice was not something he'd ever have thought of. In fact if Isiah had really wanted to blow the poor Kitsune's mind he would have brought him a drink with some ice cubes in it.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 10:25 pm

"I think the trucks are refrigerated. Or.. I mean, they're kept cold on the inside so the food stays fresh longer. I'm just assuming that since we have ice cubes to keep our drinks cool," Isiah replied, scraping at the barrel for his explanations now. He never had to think about much of this stuff until now.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 10:39 pm

"You just HAVE ice?!" Fox blurted out, sitting up in his seat and staring right at Isiah with disbelief. After all only the really really rich could afford to have ice at anytime, by paying runners to go up a mountain to obtain snow or ice and packing enough of it in large wooden containers so that it didn't all melt by the time it came back down the mountain.

"So you all just bottle lightning and can make ice? You're all sorcerers or something!" Fox blurted out before falling back into the chair.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Isiah squeaked when Fox stared right at him so suddenly at the question, smiling sheepishly. He kept forgetting how amazing all of this would sound to someone just not learning about it. "N-no, it's not like that. People have just been around so long that they have 'evolved' and created new and amazing things to make everyone's lives easier. Everyone can have ice cubes, everyone can have their homes cooler or warmer, and food can be driven long distances by truck, boat, or plane- planes are basically giant metal machines that fly," Isiah explained, clarifying what planes were too.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 11:10 pm

Fox was staring wide eyed and open mouthed at the last bit.

"F-f-flying machines!?! You even have flying machines?!?" Fox cried out in astonishment. It was nearly mind blowing to here that humans could do all of those things, including using machines to fly! Just how long had he been stuck in that stupid statue he wondered.

Fox looked at his tails and frowned as he thought more on that. Asking what year it was probably wouldn't help him either, who knew what kind of time keeping they had in America compared to his own homeland... and who was to say what could have changed during his imprisonment.

"Rawr! How long was I stuck in that stupid little statue anyways!?! It had to be at least eight hundred years, but I don't think humans would make flying machines in even that amount of time!" Fox blurted out, flailing his fuzzy little arms against the plush cushioning of the chair as he spoke more to himself than to Isiah.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 11:48 pm

Isiah simply nodded when Fox was in disbelief about the flying machines, enjoying more of his tea while Fox said something very crucial about being stuck in a statue. So he had been right. Fox had been trapped, and alone... for so long. Isiah felt sad just thinking about that. So he was ever more resolved to help Fox. "Do you really want to know what the date is? I mean, you'll find out eventually but I don't want to overload you with too much in one sitting. Best to gradually get used to it," Isiah suggested sheepishly, and honestly. Fox was already overwhelmed by the modern world. It was probably not a good idea to throw him into the deep end without letting him learn to tread water.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Zeta-class Metahuman
Zeta-class Metahuman
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 11:56 pm

"Would it make a difference? I'm not even sure when I was put in that statue anymore, just that there was snow on the ground so it had to be during winter. I'm not even sure what the given human year was back then... or if it even applies in this land." Fox said, as he continued to lay on the chair and was now staring up at the ceiling. He sounded a tad depressed again, and more than a tad overwhelmed with everything. His tails weren't wagging now, just the tips were lightly flicking about every now and then with a hint of agitation.

"But... thank you for taking the time to help me." Fox added, sounding truly grateful as he leaned up just enough to look over at Isiah... a small smile forming at the edges of his muzzle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh Brave New World! (open)   Oh Brave New World! (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh Brave New World! (open)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5