Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 80 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 80 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Your Concerns (Please Read) Vote_lcapYour Concerns (Please Read) Voting_barYour Concerns (Please Read) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Your Concerns (Please Read) Vote_lcapYour Concerns (Please Read) Voting_barYour Concerns (Please Read) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Your Concerns (Please Read)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Your Concerns (Please Read) Empty
PostSubject: Your Concerns (Please Read)   Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Your concerns are important to us at TTRPG. We want to help you in the best way possible. That's why I put up a post asking you to express your concerns.

It seemed one of those concerns was that the recent plot had left people without muse, or stuck at a dead end, or wanting to do something with their characters that they couldn't because of prior history and/or relationships.

So, naturally, the word "reboot" came to mind. Hell, Moon even made a poll about it. And I get it. A reboot seems like the best way to accomplish fixing all of that in addition to wiping away the current arc.

As I just said, your concerns are important to us. But we have to think about the best way to solve these problems, even if the outcome isn't what you originally wanted. So I hope you'll at least postpone on the torches and pitchforks when I say that we are not doing a reboot.

Why? Well, not everybody wants a reboot. Everybody remembers the last one and many don't want that again. Not to mention this is a lot of work. We'd have to restructure the site entirely.

Maybe a reboot will happen in the future, when everyone feels the time is right. But that time isn't now.

However! Yes, I see you lighting the molotov, just one more moment please. We did not think to say this without having another solution for you.

We did discuss a reboot. It was very complicated, having to do with the fusing of universes to create a new one, etc. But that made me think of something, especially considering the players that don't want to do it.

Let's use Kyte. Let's say I'm getting bored with him, and that I'm looking forward to a reboot sometime so I can make a different universe version of him and write a different story. But here's the plot twist...you can already do that.

We're still not allowing time travel characters. But you can literally have an alternate universe version of your character replace your character at any time. A completely different history, different relationships; wipe the slate clean!

I know what you might be thinking; sounds really lazy. But think about it!

• You get to reboot your characters, and those of us that don't want to don't!
  • We don't have to write and institute a massive site change!
  • But most importantly, think of all the new interactions your characters could have! If I rebooted Kyte to have him from an alternate universe, Bow could be a mortal enemy while Shivering Jemmy was his true love! Your archenemy could have been your best friend! And if they didn't reboot, your attitude towards them will allow for new interactions!

Thank you for your patience with us. I hope this fixes a lot of issues for you guys, and I ask that you give it a chance if you don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Your Concerns (Please Read)   Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 10:28 pm

Good job bringing to everyone's attention that they could just reboot/revamp their character.

Won't all of this character rebooting get confusing? Like, say the people who know a character and then suddenly POOF this alternative version mysteriously snatches their body. I know this was a concern for canons being picked up and dropped by different people. Also, does the 2 month character thing still apply here?

Also, what about the problem of people NOT the titans or even HIVE not getting the spotlight? I know it's unavoidable on a Teen Titans board (with no canon titans). But what if another big arc comes up and even if another group was responsible for running it, will the titans overshadow the other group's hard work JUST because their team is canon?
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Your Concerns (Please Read)   Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 10:35 pm

OK I can answer the first... second, the middle bit. In character yes it will get confusing but that was part of the plan. Out of character we'll just mark the apps or keep a list. The body snatching is something that was intended. You could have entirely different ideas of who the other is supposed to be. Canons are something we're still discussing and hammering out details on. And the 2 month character bit will not apply for characters being rebooted. This is stuff we all discussed and just didn't come up. I apologize for that.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: Your Concerns (Please Read)   Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Some updates!

The arc is officially over. See here. https://ttrpg.forumotion.com/t6061-end-of-hive-subjugation-arc#95861

It has been brought to me, and circulating around site, that most members feel like their characters have to be in Titans or HIVE to get some recognition. While we haven't settled on a firm solution yet, I think I have a great way towards getting that started.

I am officially rebooting Titan News! and one of the threads it was responsible for, World Renown. People will be showcased here for reputable things they have done on the site, good, or bad. But I want you to help us with this. If you've done something reputable, I want you to post your thread in the thread I've supplied here ( https://ttrpg.forumotion.com/t6062-reputable-events#95864 ).

Please stay tuned as we continue working our best to fix your issues!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Concerns (Please Read)   Your Concerns (Please Read) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Concerns (Please Read)
Page 1 of 1