Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 52 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 52 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
DnD related tomfoolery! Vote_lcapDnD related tomfoolery! Voting_barDnD related tomfoolery! Vote_rcap 
Moon
DnD related tomfoolery! Vote_lcapDnD related tomfoolery! Voting_barDnD related tomfoolery! Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

DnD related tomfoolery!

Go down 
+3
Speed Freak
God King Ferg
Megalomaniac
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

DnD related tomfoolery! Empty
PostSubject: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 3:24 pm

So I brought this up some time ago and tried to get a group together for some DnD superhero shenanigans. It crashed and burned -_-

BUT! I have been watching this youtube series called "Unforgotten Realms Live" which is some dudes playing DnD inspired games in a humorous manner. One such side quest was called Drunks and Dragons. So lately I have really been wanting to do something that I can pour time and effort into inbetween characters and plot related tomfoolery.

So some of you may or may not remember the very basic system I was working on. Well, I'm going to try and put more work into making a more fleshed out system so everyone can customize their characters to their heart's content. Also because of the stigma with using canons, I've decided to make using canons totally optional. So basically, now you could use your characters with DnD mechanics.

Before I attempt to ramble on about what sorts of things I've been thinking about using for the stats and such, I wanna get where/how we will be doing any potential campaigns.

There are two options that I know of so far. The first and FREE option, is something called Openrpg which was something I once used with an old rp group. I don't remember much about it, but it lets you use dice, tokens, maps- pretty much everything we would probably need. The problem is I don't know what all needs to be done in order to make tokens, maps and stuff.

The second option actually requires some money- and is something called Tabletop Simulator, which you can buy on Steam. It's currently on discount so it's cheaper- but it pretty much be used in the same manner as Openrpg with the exception of everything being 3D. Plus you actually have to use the mouse to roll dice, whereas Openrpg just generates a random number based on what "die" you select. Plus it has other features Open does not, so it can be used for stuff other then rpg dungeons if you so chose.

I mentioned that stuff about maps and tokens because I do intend on going through all the work of making visual objects and maps for us to use and make it more enjoyable. But I don't know how to do that with either system right now. So yeah- lots of work to setup one way or another, but it would be fun!

We will be using Roll20 for this. Seems to be the best option right now :3

So is anyone interested? And if you are, do you have any artistic skills and care to help me with the maps and or props? XD

Oh, and if anyone feels like it we can use this as a general DnD thread for everyone to look for anyone interested in playing :3

Current Roster
Mega
Fergalicious
Speed
Kyte
Emma
Moon
Jommy
Bloo

Last edited by Megalosans on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:44 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
God King Ferg
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
God King Ferg

RPG character
Name: Kalen Dragnov
Code Name: Wild Card
Villain or good guy?: Evil

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 9:01 pm

I OFFER MYSELF AS TRIBUTE...
I have little artistic skill though but i am currently using roll20 for my other dnd campaign
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 9:49 pm

Alright- so as for the setup, the basic idea that everyone is part of a group of some kind. Could be our own little gang, could be an organized faction like HIVE, or it could just be a band of friends who find themselves thrown into perilous situations.

I'm open to anything but depending on what everyone feels like will determine what all I'll need to do to set it up right.

Oh, and like I said I'm basically trying to make a system that will hopefully allow you guys to really customize your characters while still being simple. Wish me luck on that!
Back to top Go down
Speed Freak
Speed Freak

RPG character
Name: Arsen Calico Storm
Code Name: Speed Freak
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 10:56 pm

I think ill join.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 7:00 am

I would offer my participation but I probably won't be able to do much here at Job Corps. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:05 pm

Okay so I have a question for you guys. Do you want me to continue fleshing out the stat stuff? Atleast enough to have the bare necessities at any rate. Or would you rather skip most of the stat stuff and make your characters with as many powers I deem fitting? The downside to that would be incredible inconsistency. You can't be a badass if your character keeps rolling 1s and 5s xD

If I atleast had base states in place, you could have more room for error, and getting a bad roll wouldn't be the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
God King Ferg
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
God King Ferg

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 3:27 pm

I prefer there to be base stats... it is a great way to show how your back story reflects on your character.
Back to top Go down
God King Ferg
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
God King Ferg

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 5:35 pm

So is this still in the works or has it been dropped
Back to top Go down
St. Jommy
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
St. Jommy

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 5:50 pm

If this is still a thing I'm in
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen
Moon

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:58 pm

I literally have no idea how DnD works, no redeeming qualities, but if y'all are willing to teach me I'm willing to learn.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:43 pm

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

This has not been completely abandoned or whatever due to my laziness/not feeling like it would be that successful.

Anyway, first thing is first. I have decided to just use Pathfinder. It looks like it would offer us the most options and I was brought to a site that pretty much has everything I need.

http://www.pathfindersrd.com/
That is the site, which should help you guys work on your characters and stuff. Moon, I don't mind teaching you and stuff xP

So now that I don't have to go about designing an entire system, I can focus on the setting, map(s) and other stuff for fun.

Now this isn't required but I feel like I should ask you guys before I get too far into putting stuff together (I still need to go through the Pathfinder stuff). How would you like it to go, and at what pace? Do you want to be dark and serious? Lighthearted and funny? A mix of both? And how fast you want your characters to level up?

Also what kind of stuff do you guys want in regards to goals and stuff? Like, is everyone going to be mercs for hire, random adventurers, or nobles serving the realm in whatever way they can?
Back to top Go down
God King Ferg
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
God King Ferg

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 11:10 pm

oh i use that for my other campaign.... I ALREADY HAVE A CHARACTER IN MIND!!! my character is going to be either a barbarian or a monk. I prefer a mixture of both, maybe i dark story with its funny moments. Character level up i'll leave it to you, Personally like a more free form level up system where its at the discretion of the dm based on feats in battle or in story.
Back to top Go down
Megalomaniac
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Megalomaniac

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 11:36 pm

So like I said I'm still reading all the Pathfinder stuff, so I read something on the character creation thing which you guys might wanna know. Moon more so probably.

So there are a few methods for deciding your stats, there is the purchase method which has everyone's stats start at a base of 10 all across the board. Then I give you a sum of points that you can sprinkle where you want. But the more pts in a stat, the more pts needed to raise that stat.

Then there's the standard method which is Roll 4d6, discard the lowest die result, and add the three remaining results together. Record this total and repeat the process until six numbers are generated. Assign these totals to your ability scores as you see fit. This method is less random than Classic and tends to create characters with above-average ability scores.

The "Classic" method which is Roll 3d6 and add the dice together. Record this total and repeat the process until you generate six numbers. Assign these results to your ability scores as you see fit. This method is quite random, and some characters will have clearly superior abilities. This randomness can be taken one step further, with the totals applied to specific ability scores in the order they are rolled. Characters generated using this method are difficult to fit to predetermined concepts, as their scores might not support given classes or personalities, and instead are best designed around their ability scores.

The "Heroic" method which is Roll 2d6 and add 6 to the sum of the dice. Record this total and repeat the process until six numbers are generated. Assign these totals to your ability scores as you see fit. This is less random than the Standard method and generates characters with mostly above-average scores.

And finally the Dicepool method where each character has a pool of 24d6 to assign to their statistics. Before the dice are rolled, the player selects the number of dice to roll for each score, with a minimum of 3d6 for each ability. Once the dice have been assigned, the player rolls each group and totals the result of the three highest dice.

The latter methods were taken from the site directly, btw :P

If you guys want to be pretty strong early one, I'd say Classic. If you want more of a "realistic/challenging" pace, then Heroic or Standard would be our best bets.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
The Acrimonious
The Acrimonious
Kyte

RPG character
Name: Kyte
Code Name: Akunin

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 9:05 am

I prefer the standard method, which is what I use when I dm my Pathfinder stories. However, we have certain rules in place so that it's pretty user friendly for beginners.

For example, I give them a little wiggle room. Anything less than 13, they can reroll for free. Then, after they have six numbers, they can roll two more numbers (Which AREN'T replaced, even if they are less than thirteen). If either or both of these two amounts are higher than one of their rolls, they automatically replace the lowest number.

Further, the DM (me) usually rolls their own set of numbers for the character. They can then make a decision whether to keep their numbers or take mine. The catch being they don't get to see my numbers, and if they pick mine then the choice is permanent.

That's simply the way I do it.

I have characters that I've used before and would like to put in a different setting. I have a Tiefling Samurai (Sword Saint) named Adoroar Tigersoul, whose only motivation is to follow the tasks of the Undying Emperor. And I have Naio Mora, an Aasimar Fighter (Unarmed Fighter) that, despite being intelligent (He had an INT score of 16 last I played him), goes anywhere to punch the hell out of everything.

I might make a new character for the purposes of this rp but I like those two right now.
Back to top Go down
God King Ferg
Delta-class Metahuman
Delta-class Metahuman
God King Ferg

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:00 pm

I say just go classic for the most part, no point to over complicate things. My question is are we just going to use basic pathfinder stuff for ease of usage or can i use some 3rd party stuff like classes and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DnD related tomfoolery!   DnD related tomfoolery! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DnD related tomfoolery!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next