Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Shooting Star (Garnet) Vote_lcapShooting Star (Garnet) Voting_barShooting Star (Garnet) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Shooting Star (Garnet) Vote_lcapShooting Star (Garnet) Voting_barShooting Star (Garnet) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Shooting Star (Garnet)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character
Name: Harmon Tesain
Code Name: Hotwire
Villain or good guy?: Good

Shooting Star (Garnet) Empty
PostSubject: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 2:51 pm

Hotwire was sitting on the couch of the main ops center, watching the big screen. Today was a big day. A space shuttle was due to arrive today from a big 1 year mission to the asteroid belt. The live feed from nasa was being displayed on another monitor.

"We're coming in for the final retro-burn. Adjusting .5 degrees." One of the astronauts said. Another minute passed before the camera underneath the craft showed a flare of white hot flame. "We've commenced the burn." Another said. A couple more minutes passed as hotwire watched at the edge of his seat. This was cutting edge research that could shed so much light on the origins of their very solar system. Sure life existed elsewhere in the galaxy. But that didn't make earths ventures into the stars any less fascinating.

"Burn half completed. Prepare for final descent vectoring."

Everything was going according to plan... until the last few seconds of the burn. The camera cut off in a flare of yellow light, and the other cameras showed a massive lurch. Hotwire jumped to his feet as the a few of the pilots screamed. One of them managed to remain calm.

"Mayday. Mayday. We've been hit. I repeat Shuttle Ricochet has been hit. What's our reading ground control?"

A voice came through the gasps and mumbling of the ground control center on the other screen. "Return vector calculated Ricochet. Your re-entry will occur in approximately 35 minutes. Calculated angle of re-entry 79 degrees. Probability of burn up is at 98% given your current positioning. What is the state of your maneuvering thrusters. Are they functional?"

"That's a negative ground control. Our thrusters aren't responding. We're also detecting a leak in our primary fuel bay. All our fuel has been depleted. Please acknowledge."

"Acknowledged Ricochet. We're working on a solution. Keep your channels open."

"Affirmative ground control." The astronaut said, obviously stressed. 

By this point, Hotwire had pressed the alert button.

"Titans. We have a situation."

Last edited by Hotwire on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen
Moon

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:03 pm

So it's been a day or so in the Tower for Garnet and it was mostly a time where she got used to living with the Titans and became familiar with the Tower. That being said, while she was in her room and there was a sudden siren of something along with Hotwire's voice, Garnet didn't waste any time getting to him. She didn't run, but she definitely sped walked her way there.
When she got behind Hotwire she looked at his screen and raised her eyebrow. She had no idea what was happening at the moment or what they should do, was it a problem in downtown jump? "What am I supposed to do?" Garnet asked immediately. Instead of asking what the problem is, she already wanted to help stop it.
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Hotwire sighed when garnet came in. He had already wasted 5 minutes of the crew's 35 getting in contact with NASA and informing them that because of the specifics of their return trajectory, the Titans were in the best position to launch a rescue mission. Unfortunately, the other titans were all out on patrol, leaving Hotwire and Garnet the only ones left in the tower. Then that meant they were the only ones who could help.

"First off, follow me." He said walking from the coms room to the elevator. "We have to move fast. 4 lives are on the line." He said stepping into the elevator and waiting for Garnet to join him. As soon as the elevator began moving, so did the T-Jet down in the hangar. It began to tilt up on the mechanized tram system it was sitting on, eventually bringing it to full vertical.

In the meantime, hotwire began explaining the situation. "During re-entry, the Space Shuttle Ricochet experienced some sort of damage, throwing off it's trajectory. If it continues on it's present course in it's current orientation, it will burn up in approximately 30 minutes. We're the only ones who can get to them in time." He said stepping out of the elevator. "We've been working on our T-Jet, preparing it for outer space travel. There are still a lot of modifications to be done, but it should enable us to get into earth orbit."
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen
Moon

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:38 pm

She didn't hesitate to follow Hotwire to the elevator and listened to every word he told her. So some guys got trapped in space and they didn't have much time left, so it was their jobs to save them before it's too late. Garnet was weighing the options and thinking about Space, if she was given the right gear, she could do it, she could do anything he asked, these people needed to be saved.
When they got out of the elevator Garnet nodded at Hotwire, adjusting her glasses. "Just tell me what to do." The gem told him, obviously not having much to say. Garnet was a woman of little words.
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Hotwire walked to the T-Jet... although now it could truly be conscidered the T-Ship. Alright then, the T-Ship. He clambered up the side of it and into one of the pods. Another one closer to the bottom would open up for Garnet.

"Well first we have to get up to the shuttle. NASA told me that something is messing with the shuttles diagnostics. They fizzled out a couple minutes into the incident. So once we get there, we have to see if we can solve the problem. But saving the crew is priority."
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen
Moon

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Hotwire got into the upper part of the shuttle and the bottom part opened, assumingly, for Garnet. She wouldn't hesitate to walk in and strap herself to the designated area, using the intercom to talk to Hotwire. He began to tell her about what NASA had said and how they needed to save the crew, and that's all that mattered to Garnet. Sure she usually stuck to missions on Earth, but these people were from Earth so she'd help them anyways.
"Do you have any idea what kind of state the ship is in? Is it going to blow up, crash, or anything else I should be aware of?" Garnet asked, trying to get a feel of what was to come. She wasn't nervous because she never was alone, she just needed to think.
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 9:32 pm

"Well, as i said, their diagnostics are malfunctioning, which means the problem is hard to identify. From the looks of their camera's before they cut out, there was a flare of light. Perhaps a rogue solar mass ejection. But most Coronal Mass Ejections fizzle out by the time they reach earth, resulting in lesser phenomenon, such as the Aurora Borealis." Hotwire explained working the dials.

"Alright. Preburner on. Begin countdown." He said as the cieling began to open up above them.

"5. 4. 3. 2. 1." Hotwire rattled off, before slamming his hand down on a button. The whole craft began to shudder, and then a loud roar echoed through the room as the rocket engines roared to life. The craft began to slowly lift up, and then slipped straight into the air above the tower. Straight up.

"T-Ship is Go."

The whole way, hotwire had to wonder. What could have caused something like this? All the perimeters he had lined up with severe solar activity. But such solar bombardment shouldn't be possible inside the protections of the earths magnetic field. Sure, the bands of the Van Allen radiation belt could cause some damage, but Ricochet was in low earth orbit, nowhere near the belts.

So what went wrong? As the west coast began to curve beneath them, the ship began to tilt toward the vertical. As hotwire prepared to modify their trajectory for an intercept course.

"ETA is 10 minutes out. We're cutting it close. We should have a little under 20 minutes to make this rescue."
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen
Moon

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 4:41 pm

Her fellow Titan begun to tell her more details about the ship, saying that before the camera cut out there was a flash of white light. Could there have been an intruder on board? It was a common thing on Earth to be sabotaged, but what about in space, she had already been in contact with aliens so who knows what was out there.
While thinking this, Hotwire began the countdown as the T-Rocket got ready for take off. Garnet wasn't nervous per say, it was more exciting then nerve racking. How many people say that they've been to space? That was pretty cool!

The two were getting close, ten minutes away to be precise, and Hotwire told Garnet then they'd have less then 20 minutes to make this rescue. "Do you have a specific plan? I don't have human anatomy so I don't have any organs. I could go to the ship and pull them out if you have something to keep me attached to this ship." Garnet explained to him, wiping her glasses.
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 9:30 pm

"Well I don't have anything specific. When we get to the shuttle, You can make your way to the airlock and prepare to evacuate the crew. In the meantime, I'll take some close up scans and see if I can't find the problem." Hotwire explained. "But in the meantime, I'll get on the line with NASA and see if they have anything new." He said punching into his onboard computer, bringing up a video call to NASA, who right now, was on the hotline. Both Garnet and Hotwire could see the crowded control room. On their end, they could see two separate camera's displaying them. At the same time, they were tracking the trajectories of the two ships.

"What's the latest?" Hotwire asked.

"We might have an alternate solution. We've managed to get a correction vector plotted. You may not need to effect a rescue if you can turn the ship. Then the heat shielding should do the rest."
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen
Moon

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Hotwire explained what he knew so far which was somewhat helpful, however the situation as a whole wasn't completely explained. They had no idea what the problem was or what caused it, leaving a giant hole on what they needed to do. It was hard to save someone from a problem you didn't understand.
The Titan's leader brought up a screen of NASA as all of the humans were in a panic, trying to get things together. They were trying to save these people as well, so it gave Garnet a little bit more hope to know that there were people backing them up. "And if that doesn't work?" The gem asked, sounding monotone as usual.
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 9:43 am

Hotwire answered for the NASA representatives. "Then we carry out the rescue mission as planned and evacuate the crew."

"Alright, we're sending you the angle vectors now." One of the men said. Hotwire began reading over the data on the screen.

"Alright. Hmmm. Let's see. I think we should be able to make this work. All the same Garnet, you should probably get to the Airlock, just in case."
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen
Moon

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Hotwire explained that the back up plan will be the evacuation, which made things easier for Garnet. She now knew the basics of the situation along with what she was supposed to do, again, which made things easier for the Gem. In cases like these, where she was out of her range of knowledge and comfort zone, it was always nice to have a plan. If she didn't, she'd probably just end up smashing things until she got something right.
When Hotwire told her she should get to the airlock, Garnet did that very thing without questions asked. She then proceeded to hold onto the side of the wall as she waited for her next form of instructions. "Will our communicators work if I have to go in there?"
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 4:20 pm

"Yeah. The communicators should work." Hotwire said. As they approached the Shuttle, Hotwire put a hand to his mouth in thought. "Oh man. It looks like the heat shielding on the top of the shuttle's broken off. What kind of malfunction could do that?" He began to hypothesize in his head. "Even if we correct their angle, without the heat shielding, the shuttle will burn up no matter what. Garnet, get ready."

"Now I'll hold the T-Ship steady, but you need to use what little surface area you have in the airlock to kick off and get to the Shuttle." He said as the shuttle began to come into sight. It began as a small dot and eventually grew until it fit withing the viewscreen. "I'm about to open the airlock. Hold onto the back bar."

There would be a bar on the back of the airlock for Garnet to grab. After a few seconds, Hotwire opened the airlock, the air rushing out.

"Lining up our respective hulls. In 3 meters. 2 Meters. 1. Alligned. You're good to go."

Last edited by Hotwire on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moon
Procrastination Queen
Moon

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 5:23 pm

He told her to grab onto the hand bars, which she did, and prepare to head out. Garnet had never been in space, or at least she didn't think she had. It looked beautiful, she just wanted to stare out at the gleaming stars forever and bask in their glory, despite her facial expression never changing. The gem had to shake her head, she had to save these people and site seeing was not apart of it... this time.
He opened the airlock and Garnet didn't really feel different at all. She doesn't feel the temperature nor does she feel the lack of oxygen around them so the only difference was that she fell a lot slower than usual.

She summoned her gauntlets and when Hotwire said she was aligned, she pressed her legs against the wall and used her super strength to send her flying out into space and towards the shuttle. Luckily she was lined up with it and easily made it to an entrance in the other shuttle.
Once inside, the Gem would pick up her communicator. "I made it in, I'm looking for the first person now." She told him calmly, making her way through the shuttle and towards the first room. However, while she was walking, a huge crash would shake the shuttle she was in, making her loose her balance slightly. What was that!?

The Gem turned and ran to the noise to the crash and saw one man lying on the floor unconscious. Whatever had happened she couldn't assess it at the moment, she needed to get them off the ship as soon as possible.
The Gem picked the man up and ran across to the other room where she saw two other unconcious people, one a man and one a woman. She gathered them into her arms and well and ran to the outside where she put their helmets on. Once that was complete she shot off back towards the shuttle with Hotwire in it, putting them down gently in the area where there was oxygen.

"Something is on that shuttle and there is still people on there."
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Ωmega-class Metahuman
Hotwire

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 7:01 pm

As soon as garnet was clear of the shuttle, Hotwire began making passive scans. As he banked the ship underneath the shuttle, he saw something through his window. There were massive burns on the underside of it.

"Beginning molecular scan." He said, pressing a few buttons. The result came back to him with a shock as he repeated the words on the screen. "Solar Radiation... but for this kind of damage they'd have to be flying right into the a concentrated Solar Flare. How is that possible?"

He began scanning for signs of nearby solar radiation. There wasn't anything on the ship, and nothing in the immediate vicinity. But he was then broken from his thoughts by Garnet. She said there was something there on the shuttle.

"That can't be right Garnet. I'm not detecting any life signs on that shuttle." He said. He immediately turned the nose of the T-Ship up. "And we don't have time to investigate. This things about to skim atmosphere. We have to go now." He said firing the thrusters. They shot away from the Shuttle as the tip began to glow bright red with the heat of reentry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting Star (Garnet)   Shooting Star (Garnet) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shooting Star (Garnet)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next