Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 58 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 58 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Training (Open to 1) Vote_lcapTraining (Open to 1) Voting_barTraining (Open to 1) Vote_rcap 
Moon
Training (Open to 1) Vote_lcapTraining (Open to 1) Voting_barTraining (Open to 1) Vote_rcap 
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Training (Open to 1)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Training (Open to 1) Empty
PostSubject: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 1:40 am

50 years ago
Ping finally reached the top of the mountain. It had been a long and arduous journey, but he was finally here.

The dojo was far removed from civilization, and the teacher was said to be very strict, but Ping was certain that this was where he was meant to be. Here, he would find his destiny.

The teacher was sitting cross-legged at the door to the dojo. Ping approached and bowed low. "My name is Ping. Master, please teach me the art of Kung Fu."

Before the master could speak, the loud voice of a child yelled out. "Hey, that's what I'm learning!"

Ping stiffened. That voice. Could it be? He looked up to see the little devil's yellow teeth grinning at him. "Shivering Jemmy? Master, what is she doing here?"

The master laughed. "Why, she's learning Kung Fu, just as you wish to."

Ping was furious. His fists were shaking. "Master, I was told that only the most dedicated and pure of heart may study with you. You even turned down someone from my town. Now you're allowing this monster to train under you? Do you know what destruction she has caused?"

The master looked to Shivering Jemmy, who was not paying attention to the conversation. Instead, she was chasing a butterfly and trying, unsuccessfully, to catch it in her hands. She looked like nothing more than an innocent child, and the master believed that this was her true personality. "Jemmy threatened to kill me if I did not teach her Kung Fu."

Ping was distraught. "Certainly, you don't fear her, Master. You are a great martial artist. How can your pride allow you to be bullied by her?"

The master looked at Ping, disappointed. "Ping, Kung Fu is not about defeating enemies or defending your pride. Kung Fu is living in peace with those around you. There is nothing to gain by fighting Jemmy, and there is no harm in teaching her something that she will not remember in a few days." Ping was still not satisfied, but the master smiled and bowed to him. "One day, you will understand. But for now, be content that I have chosen to train the both of you."

Present Day
Jemmy floated up to the top of the mountain. This is where the best dojo around was supposedly located. She saw the building, but she didn't see anybody waiting to greet her. "Hello?"

The door opened, and Master Ping walked out. He smiled, recognizing his old fellow pupil. "Shivering Jemmy, it is good to see you again."

Jemmy tilted her head. "Have we met?"

Master Ping laughed. "We have, but don't worry. I know it is difficult to remember every face you see. Let me guess, you are here to train?"

"Yeah," Jemmy flexed her unimpressive childish muscles. "I wanna be super strong, and do back flips, and kick people in the face and stuff. And if you don't teach me, I'll blow up your house."

Master Ping chuckled. Some things never did change, even with Chaos. "Then I guess I have no choice. Welcome to the dojo, Shivering Jemmy. Come, meet my other student."
Back to top Go down
Bloo
The Overlord of Adorableness
Bloo

RPG character
Name: Emolga
Code Name: Lightning Squirrel
Villain or good guy?: Good

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 3:24 am

Greed found himself near the dojo, though he certainly didn't intent to be. It was his nature to wander when he was bored, and scouting for an interesting mark to pickpocket was his favorite pass time. He laid his eyes on the dojo, though, and found himself interested for reasons he couldn't explain. The image of Wrath came to mind. He was a martial arts fanatic, too. Greed had seen a few kung fu action scenes, but never really tried to practice it. The thought of Wrath having a skill he didn't brought a scowl to the sins face and he stomped towards the building.

"Doesn't look like much..." He thought aloud. He'd wanted to learn from the best, and his heart conveniently tugged him towards the place in front of him. This place was the best? He scuffed at the thought, barging in shortly after the girl had. He didn't wait to be greeted, instead marched in as if he owned the place, his ambitious eyes landing on the master and the girl.

"You run this joint?" He asked in a cool even voice. "Teach me how to fight." He demanded in his usual suave demeanor. He wasn't one for politeness. He was Sin itself. Why would something foolish like manners slow him?

Greed found his hands resting on the grip of his guns, hidden rather poorly in his pockets. He mentally dared the old man to say no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 10:05 pm

"This is my student, Lee..."

The door burst open, and a masked man entered. He had his hands near holstered guns as he demanded that Ping train him how to fight. Ping sighed. Greed was obviously not a 'normal' person. Now he had two monsters to put up with.

But it was best to live at peace with one's neighbors.

"Lee, you are going on a jog. Go to the top of the mountain by the sea, practice, and then return. Our special guests need my attention, but they will not be here for long." Lee bowed to Master Ping and collected the few things he would need for his journey. Master Ping turned to Jemmy and Greed. "Meet me outside. I'm sure you are both eager to begin."

Outside, Master Ping formally introduced himself. With that done, he asked for both of their names, since it was likely that they did not know each other.

Jemmy stared at Greed. He seemed...familiar, somehow, but she couldn't place him. He seemed excited, but not really happy. She held out a polite hand to the man. "Hi, I'm Shivering Jemmy, the Lord of Chaos."

After the introductions, Ping had some news that he was sure neither of his new students wanted to hear. "If you wish to learn Kung-Fu, then you wish to master yourself. You are your own enemy, and it is always easier to defeat a weaker enemy. You must make yourselves weak."

Jemmy frowned. "Weak? What are you talking about? I came here to get strong." Master Lee kicked Shivering Jemmy in the face. She was sent flying backwards and landed hard on a rock, but got back up a second later as though nothing had happened. "Hey, what was that for?"

"You are relying on your powers to prevent yourself from getting hurt. You are hiding inside your own castle, because you are afraid. If you wish to learn Kung-Fu, then you must conquer your fear."

Jemmy was indeed not happy to hear this. "But...I don't want to get hurt."

"Of course not, but that is how you learn Kung-Fu. Neither of you must use any powers, weapons, or items that make this easy. This will require dedication, and it will be difficult, but you will come out stronger because of it."

Jemmy thought about it for a moment. Nodding, she snapped her fingers, and the red sash around her stomach disappeared. She had dismissed her surrogate. For the rest of her training, she would only allow herself the abilities of a normal human. "I still wish I was taller."
Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 12:57 am

Greed wasn't talkative at the moment, observing the student enter the room and noticing that the master seemed to not be at ease. He must have had some sort of idea what Greed was, not that the savage sin cared much for what the old man thought he knew. The girl now caught his attention, a seemingly harmless 10 year old. He was supposed to be training with her? The thought turned his scowl to a frown, but he got the sense there was more to the girl than he knew.

The master led them outside. The master introduced himself, then Jemmy did the same. Greed took her polite offer of a handshake for only a second before pulling away. "I'm Greed, the Avaricious. Spawn of Lucifer, Sin itself. Something cool like that, I guess." He felt the need to explain himself since the girl had admitted to being a Lord of Chaos. He doubted her, thinking back to the few memories he had of the old Lords, before they eventually vanished. An eternity was a long time to try and pull specific memories out of.

Greed looked back to the master, rolling his eyes at the customary riddle that seemed to be required of a kung fu lesson. He thought these things were limited to cheesy movies. Then he thought of the statement... master of himself? If he wasn't his own master, Lucifer had to be. He found himself often fearing his fathers punishments. "I make myself weak... to beat myself? That doesn't make any sense. Could ya at least try to speak clearly?"

Before an answer could be given, the girl spoke up. Then she was promptly attacked. Greed took an instinctive step back, realizing what was coming before it connected. When it did, the girl soared like a doll. The master went back to lecture mode, saying they wouldn't be able to use weapons. Greed shrugged. He didn't expect to use his guns in hand to hand training. He set them on a bench not far from the grounds, though he was a little uneasy about it. He'd kill whoever took them if they dared to.

He took his jacket off, throwing it over the guns in an attempt to hide them. "Now what?" He demanded as he made his way back to the training area, nothing but chains dangling from his wrists visible in his hands. He was left in a short sleeve black shirt and black shorts that he felt made him look like a young teenager.

Training (Open to 1) Image_zps6eecc182
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 2:21 am

Jemmy did not react when Greed identified himself. Had she ever met him before? She couldn't say. Probably. They were both beings that had been around as long as the universe, so it was likely (but not certain) that they had met. She did think that his introduction held some arrogance in it, but who was she to judge that?

Master Ping frowned. Anyone who called themselves a Sin, true or not, was not somebody he would wish to invite here. But it was less effort to actually give Greed what he wanted than to fight him. Ping had learned that lesson with Jemmy long ago.

Greed didn't seem to understand what Ping had been saying, so Ping took a few steps closer to him. He spoke with sincerity. "It's meaning is simple. If you want to learn to fight, then you will need to do what I say. It will be hard, and you will want to quit. You must not. The way to become strong is to keep training when your body feels weak and tired. So when I said you must defeat yourself, I meant that you must defeat your natural desires."

Jemmy seemed to be drinking in his words, and Ping smiled. Was the Lord of Chaos actually paying attention? There was hope for her yet. He continued speaking as he walked back to the steps of the dojo and sat cross-legged on the ground. "We begin. Do push ups. I will tell you when to stop."

Jemmy got down on the ground and started doing the best push-ups she could. They were not very impressive, and she could only do 10 before falling to the ground. She was breathing hard. Doing things without her powers was hard. "Am I done yet?"

Ping narrowed his eyes at her. "Did I say stop?"

"No, but I'm tired."

"You do not fight when you are full of energy. You fight when you are tired. Keep going."

Jemmy got back to it, doing more push-ups as best she could. She struggled, she fell, and she felt her arms hurt. Eventually, her arms were hurting so much that she couldn't do another push-up. She couldn't lift herself off the ground.

Master Ping watched Greed. He would not tell them to stop until Greed could not do any more push-ups.
Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 4:35 am

The master took it upon himself to explain to Greed the significance behind his cryptic lecture, and Greed nodded slowly. Why didn't he just say it like that the first time? The thought that they'd wasted time with riddles almost made Greed frown. Maybe it was supposed to be a lesson that not everything came easily? The Sin couldn't help but attempt to read deeper. Then he got bored and decided to just follow orders.

Greed started stretching before the master even told them to do push ups. He was antsy. Greed was in great shape, on par with most professional athletes. That being said, he was no stranger to hard work and remembered quite a few times he almost lost his life because his stamina started to give.

"Che. Good luck making me weak." He said with a shrug as he got into position to do push ups. He did them quick, giving his all. He understood he was supposed to be wearing himself out, but he controlled his breathing anyway. He wasn't planning on getting tired as quick as the chaos lord. Even when his arms grew shaky, Greed pushed himself up at the same pace. He refused to slow. His breathing quickly turned to a pant, and he started seeing stars after about half an hour of the nonstop rapid push ups. He collapsed suddenly, slamming his fist to the dirt and panting. He was tired. He tried to start again but his shaky arms couldn't push him more than half of the way up.

He cursed, falling again as the master gave the order to stop. Sweat covered Greed's body, dripping from his brow and making his clothes cling to him. He took slow, steady breaths to get his heart rate down so he'd be ready for the next exercise. After a few seconds he even pulled himself to his feet with a struggle, offering his sore and tired hand to Jemmy to help her up. If she was a Lord of Chaos, then she had his respect by default.

"I feel like we've probably met before..." He mumbled, mostly to himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Shivering Jemmy was still laying on the ground, like a beached fish. She accepted Greed's hand and allowed him to lift her to her feet. She smiled to thank him. When Greed said that he thought they had met before, Jemmy shrugged. "I wouldn't have any idea. You meet so many people over the years." She chose not to add that she couldn't remember anything beyond a month ago.

Master Ping frowned as Greed said 'good luck making me tired.' He was getting the impression that Greed wasn't all that smart. Of course, Jemmy was no genius either, but he expected that from someone who chose to remain a child. Jemmy chose not to understand many things, and Ping thought that might be some sort of defense mechanism.

But Greed was different. He simply seemed to have too little patience to think things out himself. Even after Ping had explained his words, and the purpose for the push-ups, Greed had still wished Ping luck at tiring the immortal out. But it wasn't for Ping's benefit that Greed would grow tired, nor would Ping be the one to do such. All Ping could do was teach. It was up to Greed to actually become stronger.

Both of his students were standing now, and Ping stood as well. "Shivering Jemmy, run to the bottom of this mountain, and then climb all the way back up."

Jemmy's eyes widened. Her body was already exhausted. Without her powers to provide her with infinite stamina, she wasn't sure if she would be able to do that. "I'm so tired though. Can't I get a water break?"

"Are you saying this is something the great Lord of Chaos cannot accomplish?"

Well, he had her there, didn't he? Jemmy threw him a salute and started running down the mountain path.

But Master Ping had different training in store for Greed. "Sit down, Greed." The master sat on the dirt, about 10 feet away from his student. "Cross your legs, and close your eyes." He demonstrated, and did not open his eyes as he spoke next. "If you want me to speak directly, then I shall do so, but do not allow your brother pride get in your way. You will not learn Kung-Fu unless you first learn patience. If you truly desire something, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that sometimes patience is the only way to get it. We are going to sit here, with our eyes closed, until Jemmy gets back. And, you may only ask me 1 question."
Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Greed scowled as the Lord couldn't remember if they'd met. He couldn't blame her, he didn't either. He just didn't like mystery. The master didn't seem to like Greed's attitude, not that Greed cared much about others feelings. He wasn't seeking approval, he wanted to learn kung-fu.

As if to prove his point, Ping sent the girl away. Running up and down a mountain. He frowned, but stayed quiet as the master explained his task. Being patient. "Patience is a virtue. Not really my specialty... but I guess I can do it. Just hope this has some pay off..." Greed mumbled the last bit to himself, taking the pose the master said without much complaint.

He noticed right away it was almost soothing to do nothing by choice. He was always chasing something, his heart rarely gave him a break. To just sit still for a moment and... meditate? Was that was this was? He'd never tried it before.

It wasn't until after the master had been speaking a bit that Greed considered the exercise. He wasn't sure how sitting still would teach him kung fu, but he wasn't sure how to learn kung fu at all. Then the master gave him permission to ask one question, and only one. There was some pressure there, Greed was unsure what to ask the man.

"An ordinary human wouldn't know a Lord of Chaos on a first name basis." Greed said in a gruff voice, his mind not concentrating on his speech. He was busy focusing on doing nothing and listening to Ping. "Who are you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Despite Greed's words, he sat quietly and seemed peaceful enough. Ping guessed that the man did not often do this. Most people didn't. There were many who feared silence and inactivity, for it left them with the one person they understood the least: one's self.

Appropriately, Greed chose to use his one question to ask who Ping was. Ping chuckled. "I am Ping," he said. It was the answer to the question, though not the one Greed wanted to hear. They sat there in silence for about an hour before Ping spoke again. "There is nothing that makes a person ordinary or extra-ordinary. We exist, and there is little else to it. We meet people and we define each other. In meeting Shivering Jemmy, I learned about her, and I learned who I was to her. But calling yourself a king does not make it so. I am one who exists, and that is who I am, and that is enough. Long ago, I was a young man filled with anger. I sought vengeance for my village. It was destroyed by a being known as Shivering Jemmy. I came here to learn to fight, so that I could meet Jemmy again and destroy her. By the time I arrived, Jemmy was already here, learning Kung-Fu under the man who would become my master."

Ping smiled. Though their eyes were still closed, Greed would hear a joyful voice as Ping retold his past. "You can imagine my anger, not getting what I wanted. I had good reason to wish Jemmy dead. But as I learned Kung-Fu, I learned how to use it. Any weapon is less than useless if you don't know when to use it. My village was dead, but I was alive. Fighting Jemmy would not bring my family or my friends back, but it could have easily cost my life. In learning to fight, I thought I would be free to do so whenever I wanted. Eventually, though, I found that what I really wanted was peace."

They sat in silence for another hour. Jemmy was taking a long time. "Now I will ask one question of you, Greed, one that you only need to answer if you wish. I know who you said you are, but greed is not content. Who is it that you wish to be?"
Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Greed's question wasn't answered in a very interesting fashion at first, and he smirked a bit with a slight chuckle. He realized he'd agreed to the rules, and figured he wouldn't push for more. If patience was the test, Greed wouldn't lose so easy. He sat in silence for as long as the master wanted him to.

The experience was peaceful at first, then quickly became torturous. Greed wanted to leave, his heart pulled him away. He wanted to steal something a scurry to some hole and hide until he found something else he wanted. It was what he was built to do... but he didn't. He let the impulses run wild, trying to control his actions... but didn't act. Self restraint wasn't something he was well versed in. It took about half an hour for his spirit to calm down enough for him to relax again. He found his peace again, though the constant buzzing of what to do next still rang in his core like a backdrop to a lovely story of nothing. Then it felt like five minutes later the master spoke, though in reality a half hour passed.

"Grudges have usually been my brother's thing, but I can understand the anger." Greed acknowledged his story, though he fell silent again right after. His impulses were whirling again, but he quieted them quickly. He sat another hour in silence, without a stir. Greed was nothing if not stubborn, and if sitting in silence could bring clarity to who he is then he'd do it.

As if reading his mind, the man asked who Greed wanted to be. Normally he wouldn't have had an answer, but the meditation sharpened his focus faster than he could realize. "...a free man." He replied, his voice rough from the silence. He paused a bit, but he wanted to talk some more. Though he found the silence peaceful, he wanted to see what else his brain would spit out if he rambled.

"...would you like to know where Sin comes from?" He asked, then paused with a frown. "Though I guess that's a second question. I already used my one. Heh."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Master Ping did not answer. He was not interested in where Greed had come from, only in where he was going. They sat in silence for a long time. It was, as Greed had discovered, a challenging but rewarding task. Greed was getting to know himself better.

Jemmy finally came crawling up the mountain trail. Her hair was stuck to her face with heavy sweat. She did not say anything, which was unusual for her. A Lord of Chaos was not often tired, but now she collapsed at Master Ping's feet.

Ping stood up and opened his eyes. He headed for the dojo. "Greed, it is time for your next lesson. Stretch until Jemmy stands, then both of you meet me inside."

Jemmy took half an hour to stand back up, and she was shaky when she did. "Do we get to punch stuff now?" she asked as they entered the dojo.

"Yes." Ping was standing between two bags filled with sand, hanging from the ceiling. He showed them the technique for a simple, forward kick, and demonstrated it on the bag. "Simplicity is often the best tactic. You must train your bodies to act perfectly out of reflex. The less thinking you have to do, the more likely your attack will connect." Ping watched them kick at the bags of sand. They switched legs when they got tired. To Jemmy, it seemed like it was taking forever.

"Shouldn't I have a smaller bag, since I'm half his size?"

"Will your opponents be half his size?"

"...No."

"Then keep kicking."

After another ten minutes, Ping told them to take a half-hour break. Jemmy flopped to the ground, sighing in relief. She smiled at Greed. "I think my kicks were getting better. I mean, they were faster and stronger. I thought I was going to be learning to do back flips and stuff, but I guess that wouldn't be very easy to use during a fight. Say, who do you want to fight? Someone call you a mean name?"
Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Greed cracked an eye open when Jemmy arrived, raising his hand to shield his sensitive eyes. They'd been shut so long it took a while to adjust. When they did, he stared at the little girl with a frown. She was pretty vulnerable at the moment. Greed glanced at Ping. Maybe that was his plan? Weaken her so he could kill her? Greed shook the thought as Ping gave more orders. What an interesting human. So genuinely good. The thought put a foul taste in Greed's mouth.

"I wanna punch something too." Greed agreed with Jemmy as he stretched. He enjoyed the relief of moving after sitting for so long. The meditation had it's perks but Greed preferred doing stuff to sitting around any day.

Greed followed behind the girl with his hands in his pockets and a bored expression. They were told to kick the bag, to train their reactions. Greed scowled. He'd had more than enough practice fighting to trust his reflexes. The only time he ever found himself worried was in close quarters. He needed techniques to defend himself close range, and found himself dissatisfied with such a basic move. With an annoyed grunt, but no other protest, he went ahead with the training. He kept glancing at Jemmy, watching he struggle a bit. He scowled at the thought, considering lowering the bag himself before Ping dismissed the idea.

After what felt like forever, Greed decided he almost preferred doing nothing than doing the same thing over and over. He was thankful Ping told them to take a break. Greed sat near Jemmy, stretching his legs out with a yawn. "I thought this would be a little more interesting too." He agreed, then he laughed a little at her question. "Maybe I'm trying to learn kung fu so I can beat you up, eh?"

He was quiet for a moment before laughing again. "I'm just kidding, kid. I like you. You're cute for a Lord of Chaos. Almost like you're innocent. Almost."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 3:49 am

Jemmy raised her eyebrows when Greed suggested he was training to beat her up. "In that case, good luck, because I'm going to kick your butt with my awesome Kung-Fu skills." Jemmy laid on her back and did a "good day" stretch. Basically, she looked like she was sleeping with her arms and legs stretched out. Greed called her cute, and said that she seemed almost innocent. She giggled. "So you aren't fooled? You'd be surprised by how many people are tricked by this body. You're right. I am not a child. This is just the form I choose to take. People are often nicer to you if you're a kid. They'll assume you aren't powerful or important, and that can be useful."

Jemmy sat up and reached for her toes. "Right now, I'm the only Lord of Chaos left. I don't know what happened to the rest. They just kinda went 'poof.' I figured that I should be as prepared as I can to defend the realm of Chaos." A wide grin spread over her face. "Plus, I just saw a movie where Jacky Chan was doing flips and kicking people in the face and stuff like that. I decided that I wanted to learn Kung-Fu, so I could do that stuff. It may seem like we're doing the boring stuff now, but it's all part of the movie...I mean, process. Soon, all the things we've been taught will surprise us by actually being useful." She frowned. "Although, we haven't practiced sweeping the floor or taking our jackets off yet. Maybe that's more advanced."

When their break was finished, Master Ping showed them defensive stances and how to react to different attacks. "When they punch at you with their right arm, bring your left arm over to the side. You'll knock their arm off course, deflecting the attack. At the same time, punch straight out with your right arm. This way, you'll parry their attack and counter with the same smooth motion. If they punch with their left arm, you will mirror this motion. This will only work effectively if you can perform it as a reaction, without thinking. You will now practice this with each other." Ping provided training body armor, and told them to wear it. "We don't want you breaking any bones over this. That comes later." He grinned, jokingly.

Jemmy donned her armor and took the defensive stance that she had been shown. With this armor and helmet on, she felt invincible...again. Jemmy and Greed took turns punching at each other, and countering. Greed's counter punches had enough power to knock Jemmy back a few feet, but she simply ran back up to him to resume. They continued this for quite a while. It had to become second nature.

"You will not master this in a day," Ping said, when they had stopped for another break. "Training will take time, depending on what level you would like to achieve. If you truly wish to master Kung-Fu, it will take years."

"Years?" Jemmy asked, surprised. She had almost spit out the water she was drinking. "I thought it would only take a few days."

"In a few days, you can improve, but there will always be others who are better than you. Mastery requires commitment. As a Lord of Chaos, commitment does not come easy to you, Shivering Jemmy." The master finished preparing the fish for dinner and served it to his two students. "It is up to you how long you want to train."

Jemmy was unsure. Maybe she could teleport in every few days to continue lessons, but that seemed like it would require more effort than she was willing to give. She looked at Greed. "What about you? How far do you want to go? Are you going to stay here for years?"

Back to top Go down
Bloo
Bloo

RPG character

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 4:20 am

Greed laughed at the girls threat. He was a Sin, he considered himself above a Chaos Lord. Though he wouldn't dare say this aloud. He had manners. "A wolf in sheep's clothing. Sneaky sneaky. I'm sure you'll be able to defend the realm of Chaos should the need arise... and if ya need back up, give me a call. I'd hate to see the world become any less chaotic. That'd just be... boring. So ya got an ally in me. After I kick your butt today, though." He added with a wicked grin.

Greed sauntered back to the grounds when training was over. Ping explained the lesson, and Greed nodded at it. He scowled at the protection, looking over to Jemmy. No way she could hurt him with her powers off, right? Then he realized she might be offended if he didn't take her seriously. He put the protection on slowly, getting accustomed to the weight.

Then the training started and he found it difficult to go easy. Every fight he'd had as practice was a fight to the death, and he found himself more fond of stepping in and elbowing at the throat over punching towards the stomach... but he practiced self control with his counters, just punching his new ally in center mass, though it still sent her flying. When she hit him, he didn't fly away, but he was surprised to see that she'd made him stumble backwards a bit. He laughed every time he did. The protection kept the force from doing damage. Fancy stuff, he assumed.

Then they took another break, and the master broke some harsh news. Greed kept his expression neutral the whole time, unsurprised at the fact. Wrath had spent centuries learning this crap. He knew it took time. Jemmy took it a little less well, asking Greed if he planned on staying.

"Hn." He replied. "Probably not. I don't have the attention span. Though realistically... what's a few years to timeless beings like us?" He mused aloud. "I suppose I'll stay until I get bored."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 10:55 pm

OOC: The site won't let me access any of the code, so I can't color Jemmy's text. My apologies.

BIC:
Master Ping chuckled at his student’s reactions. This was about what he had expected. By the time Lee got back, these two would probably both be gone.

“What’s a few years?” Jemmy repeated. “It’s forever. I can’t stay here that long.” Jemmy usually did things on a whim. While she could spend hundreds of years planning a single escapade, she also grew bored of doing the same thing over and over. It seemed like training would be a lot of repetition.

“Still, if you’re staying, at least for a while, then I guess I could stick around for a few more days.”

They spent the next three days training before Jemmy decided it was time to go home. They had learned a lot; kicks, pressure points, grapples, punches, and counters to all of these. Of course, learning them in theory and being able to consistently pull them off were different matters. Still, Jemmy felt that she had definitely improved. This was the first time in memory that she had actually learned how to do something new through determination and hard work. It felt nice.

Jemmy bowed to Master Ping out of respect. “Thank you very much for teaching me, Mister Ping. Maybe I will come back someday to learn some more.” Master Ping bowed back. Jemmy grinned in Greed’s direction. “So do we have a final fight now to see who is better? He may have strength and reach, but I’m a smaller target.”

Master Ping put a hand on Jemmy’s shoulder. “If there is one lesson I want you to learn from me, Jemmy, it is to choose your battles. That, too, is an important part of Kung-Fu. If you waste your energy on unimportant fights, you will be too tired for the fights that really matter. The sharpest blades are never drawn.” He looked at Greed, who disliked metaphors. “That’s an old saying. It means that the less you fight, the fewer injuries you will receive, and the more dangerous you remain. Choose the right moment, Jemmy, and you will not lose.” He locked eyes with the Lord of Chaos. “Is this that fight?”

Jemmy thought about it. Proving that she was better at Kung-Fu than Greed really wasn’t all that important to her. On the other hand, she would probably be upset if she lost. “I guess not,” she said. She bowed to Greed, too. “I hope we don’t ever have to fight in the future, but if we do, I will not be holding back. Good luck with life and stuff.”

Jemmy waited to hear Greed’s farewell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training (Open to 1)   Training (Open to 1) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training (Open to 1)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next