Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
Mistress Obsidian
Resurface [Invite] Vote_lcapResurface [Invite] Voting_barResurface [Invite] Vote_rcap 
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
Resurface [Invite] Vote_lcapResurface [Invite] Voting_barResurface [Invite] Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 52 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 52 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Resurface [Invite]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character
Name: Hugh Exley
Code Name: Pix
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Resurface [Invite] Empty
PostSubject: Resurface [Invite]   Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Tentatively approaching a grave, Hugh looked about skittishly before placing down the flowers he carried at its foot. He wasn't in meta-human form today. Just a normal teen dressed for the bitter winter. Frost had gathered over the tombstone, a metaphor for Death's icy grasp.

"About the flowers. They're not big nor pretty. But cut me some slack here. I know you'd rather I stole them instead of paying some florist. And all the plants are dead right now. As dead as you are. Quinn..." Hugh paused, alone in the graveyard. His gaze wandered across the stone mosaic until he could retain his string of thought, "Hey, it's not gushy. You want to hear what the other guys are doing on your behalf. Nina shut up shop and took a vacation. A long vacation. Now that I mention it, I'm concerned. But anyway. Gilda went around beating up random thugs and derailing trains. Telling everyone it was about the girl with the hula hoop. 'Cus you always knew she was a big softy at heart. And then I, of course, took ownership of your disc blade. Not sure it'll see much combat use. But its being well looked after. I researched polishing metal online. Think I got the gist. The new HIVE members are fitting in well. I mean, they're not as good as us. There was a reason us four were first. We're the best damn villains out there! Things have gotten more difficult without your brand of 'problem solving'. But it just means I've got to think harder. Keep everyone alive."

Now huddled with his back to the tombstone, Hugh stared distantly into his lap. A disagreeable expression was on his face, "Almost lost someone again the other day. Zydons slit Livewire's throat. From ear to ear. Thank goodness the layabout is hard to kill. But I didn't expect him to be there, so I hadn't planned for his safety. It's... it's getting out of hand. I can't account for everything. I mean. I never even found out what happened to you. TIBERIUS wouldn't give us your body to bury. We never got to hold a funeral." Hugh scraped away frost from the stone. Its engraved name did not match that of his friend's. "I'm sorry I didn't anticipate what happened."

[FLASHBACK END]

An electronic ping broke Pix from out of his daze. He was seated in the Operations Room making use of its computer facilities. He had a big gathering coming up and a lot of people to keep appraised of. As ever, HIVE had a lot of raw data, but few analysts to make sense of it all. To see the patterns and summarise what was relevant. A police report pertaining to the Cult of Laughter dominated his screen, and Pix minimised it to check the activity alert which had awoken him.

Lift activity. Authorised personnel entering the base. Pix wondered wryly whether it was Kris come to bug him about it being a beautiful day outside. The sprite tapped into the camera feeds, stifling a yawn as the command took a couple seconds to process. What he saw made him pay greater heed. Pix zoomed in immediately and scrutinised the lift occupant's face. Then he doubled checked the timers to check he wasn't being fed some recording. Unable to process the reality, Pix next tapped into the comm channels linking the base and spoke directly to the main lift pod.

"You must think I'm naïve, Kitsune. It's obviously you. Cmon. You think I would forget that Quinn was dead?"
Back to top Go down
Ama
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Ama

RPG character
Name: Quinn
Code Name: Al-Safira

Resurface [Invite] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resurface [Invite]   Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:04 am

“Why are we in a graveyard?”. That would be the voice of Quinn, inquisitive in the tone of voice. Quinn had only been allowed out of Guild custody a day or so ago. Currently she was with Miseria, walking a few steps behind her as she was being lead through a graveyard. As to why, she had no idea. As the question had been asked, Miseria came to a stop, turning around to address Quinn’s question.

“Remember when I told you where we are headed for the next few months? You asked me what this meant for you being in the HIVE. So, I’ve brought you here to show you what it means”. Miseria turned back around, jogging forward a few steps towards a tree. Stood behind it, Miseria gestured for Quinn to follow before pointing over towards one of the many graves, a boy stood nearby the grave she pointed at.

“Over there… your grave, at least that’s what Tiberius has told people”

Quinn stepped closer to Miseria, standing by her side. Her eyes widened slightly upon seeing her supposed grave. “He’s told them I’m dead?!”

“Not just them. The Guild as well thinks you’re deceased, so does anyone who otherwise doesn’t need to know the truth of your mortality”. Pause. “Who’s that?”. She figured someone visiting Quinn’s ‘grave’ must be someone she knows, hmm?

“That… would be Pix”.

“A friend, or a friend?”

“A friend, a teammate. We ran a few ops together. You know… when I was alive”

“A Former teammate”

“So, that’s it? I’m just… out of HIVE. Tiberius wants me running Guild operations now?”

“We’ll see, Tiberius will decide that on our return. But for now, you’re dead. Dead to everyone but myself, Tiberius and a few others… and you’re to remain that way until told otherwise. Understood?”

“Fine… but if I am anything like you, I guess I won’t be dead for long”

[FLASHBACK END]

Pix could be forgiven for thinking this was some sort of prank, but it was not. The Camera feed was real, and stood inside the lift was not Kris or Kitsune in fancy dress, but instead Quinn. It had been nearly six months since any member of HIVE had laid their eyes upon her. They had instead been fed lies, told that Quinn was dead. But rumours of her demise had been greatly exaggerated. To a certain extent, it was as if Quinn was dead. The only people to know otherwise was herself, her mother and Tiberius – the Guild and HIVE both had her down as deceased. But in reality, she had just been kept off the grid, forced into further training with her mortality on the line. But alas, she was back.

Quinn stood central within the elevator, facing the direction of the camera but not having looked directly at it. What else may think that this is some joke, is that Quinn appeared in appearance much different than before. No longer was she dressed in tattered, loose fitting clothing that a Jester may wear. Instead a proper suit of armour, tightly fitting and covering her entire body (Excluding the neck/head ofc). In one hand, she held a pistol, with a sword sheathed that was attached to the belt of her armour – less chaotic weapons than her former weapon, the ring blade in Pix’s possession. No more long brunette lopsided hair, nor the purple running make-up; replaced with pitch black shoulder length hair, with distinct tattoo markings around her right eye – somewhat similar to Miseria.

She appeared different than before, but still very much looked like Quinn. Hearing the Pix’s voice through the comms link, Quinn remained silent for a few seconds more. It had been so long since she had heard that voice, it had become so unfamiliar. A deep breath, Quinn tilted her head upwards, looking directly into the camera – if it wasn’t clear before that this was Quinn, it should be now. Raising her right arm to her ear, Quinn activated the speaker on her HIVE earpiece, a soft tone as she replied. “I’m not dead, Hugh.”

She dropped her arm down by her side, continuing to look into the camera. She was well aware communication here may be slow. She knew all too well what it was like to come into contact with someone you thought was dead. A fairly surreal and chilling experience at first, and for some time after really. Quinn once again would raise her right hand, ready to clue Pix into her intentions within the HIVE base. “I’m here for Tiberius”. Quinn had no quarrel with Pix, or any of her former teammates. There was no need for them to be hurt, and hoped Pix may listen. Maybe he’ll be smart enough to realize that this is one battle he just doesn’t need to pick.

“Stay out my way, or I’ll come looking for my ring blade too.”. Quinn lifted up her left hand, the one containing the pistol. She aimed the weapon towards the camera, flashing her typical mischievous grin before pulling the trigger. A single shot fired at the camera, causing the feed being fed back to Pix to die out completely – leaving him with just static and white noise. Quinn’s coming back, yo.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

Resurface [Invite] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resurface [Invite]   Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 2:45 pm

"What just happened?" Pix would ask the static which now framed his surveillance monitor. It wasn't often his comprehension of a situation failed utterly. Either this joke was more elaborate than was advisable by the unwritten laws of pranking, or Quinn had risen from purgatory as an evil spirit hell-bent on vengeance. This possibility reminded him of the entity known as Solomon Grundy. A textbook definition zombie. Such things were not impossible. Hugh drew breathe sharply; there was one more example of reincarnation. The Blackest Night. A rabble of Lantern ring powered deceased. However unlikely, these examples roosted in Hugh's mind like dark precursors.

Regardless of reality, action was required. The sprite logged in a new command. Lift shut down. It would give him time to think. The transport pod was build like a miniature prison cell. Pix sighed with relief when he reasoned that the real Quinn would have known this. She would never have been so careless. It couldn't be her. Just to reassure himself, Pix next brought up the entry log. What security clearance had been utilised to grant this poser access? The answer threw him for a loop. The codes were registered to Quinn. But she had been dead for months now. Her details would have been removed from the system. Should have been removed. This was uncharacteristically sloppy for TIBERIUS. It did not make sense.

His communicator raised, Pix stalled in making a connection. If he contacted TIBERIUS... And it was Quinn... Then there was evident animosity between them. And he would be the middle man. Asking Pix to deal with dissention was straining his maturity. He was not equipped to accept betrayal. The sprite felt he would break down if made to pick sides. Coming to terms with anything contrasting his rosy view of HIVE, comrades to end all comrades, was perhaps beyond his ability.

On the other hand. TIBERIUS would belt him one if he failed to report an intruder. Cowardliness was simple.

Opening a comm channel to TIBERIUS, whom he knew to be in the base, Pix explained the situation. His summary was as brief as humanly possibly, "...everyone else is away from base. Assuming this actually is Quinn, I think you will agree that our best course of action is to engage in dialogue. She is a friend. Whatever the situation. She will listen."
Back to top Go down
Ama
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Ama

RPG character

Resurface [Invite] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resurface [Invite]   Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:31 am

"Shut down, nice". The voice came from the corner of the elevator, beneath where the broken camera was located. Stepping out towards Quinn, was Miseria. Foolish to think Quinn would come alone when leading an assault against Tiberius."He's scared, is all. We'll be moving soon enough". A sigh, Quinn would raise her hand to her ear once more as she opened comms with Pix.

"Pix... be a lamb and get the lift working". A pause, she was sure Pix was listening. But at least now, she had his attention. "You know I'll find a way down there, Pix. I know this base better than most... do you really want me to force my way in?". Being in the Guild, and assigned to HIVE before anyone else was recruited. Quinn had scoped the base out extensively herself. Getting in was never a problem. "Wouldn't you rather I walked straight out the elevator instead of sneaking about? Do the right thing Pix, turn the elevators power back on". That's an order.
Back to top Go down
Ixen
Dream Crusher
Dream Crusher
Ixen

RPG character
Name:
Code Name:
Villain or good guy?: Neutral

Resurface [Invite] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resurface [Invite]   Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Tiberius smirked and listened to Pix. "Ah good, let her in I was wondering when this day was coming." Tiberius rose from his position in the lab and headed out going to the conference room stretching as he did. "Oh and Pix. Don't get in the way. I can't guarantee your safety on this one." He laughed as he strode through the hall running a claw down the wall making the metal scream. He walked into the conference room to wait his talons rolling on the table before him.
Back to top Go down
DivingDart
Alpha-class Metahuman
Alpha-class Metahuman
DivingDart

RPG character

Resurface [Invite] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resurface [Invite]   Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 7:55 am

At first Pix ignored Quinn's replies. He was unnerved, determined not to speak until his boss had instructed him on how to proceed. A thought in the back of his mind was reluctantly assessing the speaker's manner. The conclusion it drew deepened his inner anguish; the arrival certainly sounded like his friend. Confident sounding, abrasive in her intimidation, coupled with a mocking underlay. Either someone had done their research or life was about to get complicated.

Suddenly furious at the reality, Pix could hold his tongue no longer, "Ah. But if I knew Quinn, as you claim I do, then I would know that she bluffs shamelessly. In which case opening this lift pod would be suicidal. Not to mention, I think I'd be aware if there was a way out of the prison cell in my own base. In case you didn't hear - I'm clever." Yeah! He was good with security. And he had turned his attentive eye to the headquarters once or twice. Pix assured himself that he would know if a vulnerability existed. Quinn or not, she wouldn't fool him.

Just as he'd made his mind up to fight, TIBERIUS responded. As ever HIVE's boss was cool under pressure. His first order deflated Hugh. The second one caused an ambiguous mix of arrogant offense and guilty relief. Maybe he really shouldn't involve himself. It was the shame of being told to sit in the corner between his yearning to dodge this issue entirely. He decided he was intelligent enough to do both.

The comms reopened, he coughed awkwardly, "On second thought. Maybe I was a bit hasty. Go meet with TIBERIUS." On command the lift pod returned to life. In the lobby three Guild assassins had appeared. Pix sent word that they were to restrain the intruder until such a time TIBERIUS deemed it appropriate to let them loose. He imagined Quinn's satisfaction at being allowed access would lower her guard long enough for the assassins to strike fast and grab her. They would lunge into the lift as soon as its doors parted, overwhelming Quinn before she could say 'damn, that Pix sure is clever'.
Back to top Go down
Ama
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Ama

RPG character

Resurface [Invite] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resurface [Invite]   Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:04 am

It was great news, more so for Miseria than Quinn. The thought of having to climb out of the metallic prison and climb down to the base was not a particularly fond experience. The power returned to the elevator and they were once again moving, bundling down towards the base. Pix had no idea Quinn was not alone, awesome.

Reaching the very bottom, a small ringing sound could be heard – alerting hem the elevator had reached the appropriate floor. Outside stood three Guild assassins, each stood a certain distance apart, poised to pounce the moment the doors would open. As the doors began to slide open, one of the assassins pushed forward to infiltrate the metallic container right away. He put on the breaks all of a sudden, finding a gun being pointed towards his head, pressed against his forehead. Quinn was the trigger happy individual with the gun – did Pix really expect her not to expect this? Her eyes squinted ever so slightly, looking over the assassin… she knew him. “You’re the lot who… captured me, aren’t you?”. No response needed, Quinn knew the answer.

All of a sudden the Guild assassin would feel a stern hard knee being driven into his gut as Quinn withdrew the gun, striking after with it as a melee weapon to crack the assassin on the head with the butt of the gun. He fell to the ground, knocked out from the blow – but there remained two left. One unsheathed his blade, leaping in the air towards Quinn to strike with his sword. Quinn leaped back last second, avoiding contact but then struck with a kick to the head. The assassin stumbled back a step or two, but returned with a slash of the blade, spinning around and doing it low. Quinn leapt over the sword slash attempt, then striking with several open hand uppercuts – left and right. The sword was dropped, but Quinn wasn’t satisfied with that. She then grabbed the assassin by the head, throwing him overhead so he landed in a seated position. Grabbing the asssassin’s left arm, she wrenched it behind his back as she then proceeded to bite down on his neck. Her teeth sank through the light leather face mask, puncturing through his skin. A shot of Venom, the assassin cried out in paid before collapsing onto the floor. He wasn’t dead, but he wasn’t full of life either.

Standing tall, Quinn looked over towards where the other assassin was. He was face down on the floor, knocked out too, with Miseria stood over him. “Welcome home”. Miseria would stay before following Quinn towards where they believed Tiberius was stationed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Resurface [Invite] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resurface [Invite]   Resurface [Invite] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resurface [Invite]
Page 1 of 1