Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Absense
The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Icon_minitimeToday at 7:01 am by Mistress Obsidian

» Beacon (S.O.S)
The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
Mistress Obsidian
The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Vote_lcapThe Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Voting_barThe Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Vote_rcap 
Top posting users this month
Mistress Obsidian
The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Vote_lcapThe Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Voting_barThe Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Vote_rcap 
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

Mistress Obsidian

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Empty
PostSubject: The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs   The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 5:08 pm

So, I got into a fight with Tommy Terror the other day. Man did I lay a whipping on that boy. Came away with a black eye though, should have kept my hands up. Anyway, the fight against him got me thinking about things, how I was able to beat his brains in without taking too much in return, even though he's supposedly just as strong, or stronger than me.

It's really simple, actually, when you think about it. Terror relies on his strength and toughness to beat his opponents. He tries to overwhelm them. Not going to work against someone with a little bit of training. I was able to counter him effectively, and then he opened up and.. WHAMO.. nutkick. Poor guy. Never saw it coming. From that point it was just me mashing his face with my fists.

But beyond that, he didn't FEEL stronger than me. He couldn't really move me. I think this is because even if he's as strong as me, my functional strength and ability to utilize leverages is at a much high level than his is. My training is all about explosive power and functional strength, I don't know if he even trains. He should if he doesn't, but I'm not going to be the person to tell him that. Great, you can lift X amount of weight over your head, thats great that your bench press is X. Wow. I'm impressed! But can you move another person into a position that is advantageous to you if they resist? Can you get in position to do some inside fighting? What if you get pressed up against a wall, do you know how to turn your hips to generate maximum force?

Terror had no clue. He pulled his punches back and pushed them out. It hurt, but it wasn't going to knock me out. Or even do lasting damage other than a little bruising. There was no slap to his punches, no whip, and thus reduced power and they were slow. Bad technique, lowered power, no explosion. I hope any other super stupids I run into in the future are just as wimptastic as him.
Back to top Go down

The Private Blog of the Ten of Clubs
Page 1 of 1