Teen Titans Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Titans Legacy

A RPG (Role Playing Game) based shortly after the original Teen Titans TV series. Choose or create a character and get stuck in the action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beacon (S.O.S)
Terra Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm by Pax

» Activity Check
Terra Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm by AlexisOrange

» Green Jay
Terra Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm by Simca

» The Unholy and The Devine (JaK)
Terra Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm by RYUU

» Ghost Town (Open)
Terra Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 4:19 pm by Hellbreaker

» Hero 4 Hire (Dar)
Terra Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:41 pm by Dar

» The Witcher: Rebirth
Terra Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm by JaK

» A Chance Encounter (Simca)
Terra Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm by Simca

» Nightwing (WIP)
Terra Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 3:43 pm by Simca

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 883 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am
Top posters
Energy
Terra Vote_lcapTerra Voting_barTerra Vote_rcap 
Moon
Kyte
Hellbreaker
Pikazard
Emmz
Ixen
Hotwire
Megalomaniac
Bow

Terra

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kruel
Kruel

RPG character
Name: Kruel
Code Name: Kruel
Villain or good guy?: Evil

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:22 pm

Before I post a large and detailed background I have to ask, would anybody object to me playing Terra as an official character? The theme would be taken after the episode things change, but given a more upbeat style, maybe slowly redeveloping the powers, with or without control I haven't decided. Just wanted to ask, thanks. Also, hello everybody!
Back to top Go down
Xzuk
Beta-class Metahuman
Beta-class Metahuman
Xzuk

Location : Florida haha. I think I'm being hunted by rednecks... 0_o

RPG character
Name: Xzuk
Code Name: Wavelength
Villain or good guy?: Good

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:12 pm

I personally like the idea of a Canon character being introduced..

(Plus Terra is awesome... So, you haz my vote ^.^)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bt8b2112
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character
Name: Simca Simonovna Simakova
Code Name: The Swallow

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:34 am

o.o But that would create unnecessary chaos and anarchy as everybody would want to play canon characters then and just allowing Terra and no other characters would feel inescapably discriminatory ((whoot! I used big words in rapid succession! I rocks now! Very Happy)). o.o I mean, I would certainly wanna play Red X...

O.O *gets off "OBJECTION!" Table and goes and sits on the "ALLOW IT, BISH!" Table*

Then again, Terra might have lost her powers or she might just be trying to live a different life and considering no one knows properly on how the Hell she managed to get back to normal again, that provides a lot of opportunities for her to be played as more or less something similar to an OC...

*gets off "ALLOW IT, BISH!" Table again and goes and sits on the "OBJECTION!" Table yet again* O.O

But then, the rules do say that all canon characters are forbidden...

I has decided!

*gets up from "OBJECTION!" Table and proceeds to stand between both tables*

We shall let Emblem decide!

*insert random people falling flat on their faces anime style here*

Considering he's the one who does all the decision making... because Terra is too awesome to ignore, and I would love to have her on my team, but unfortunately, I hash no Mod or Admin powers. >.<
Back to top Go down
Simca
Captain
Captain
Simca

RPG character
Name: Simca Simonovna Simakova
Code Name: The Swallow

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:37 am

Or you could always PM mitsurugi or MG! and ask them that question... considering Emmy's gone for three frickin' days...

Oh, and HELLO TERRA!
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:
Code Name: Emblem

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Hello Terra,

Just came back from Paris. It's still there...good for them.

Quite frankly, Simca, even though seriously and overdosedly infused with sugar, said my biggest problem. It's not allowed by default. I would ask you Terra, if you could be patient with me. Give me a day or two considering I just came back and have a lot of difficult tasks ahead of me. I wil ltry to answer ASAP.

My opinion on Terra however, isn't quite as fond due to the many fanboys and girls swarming her and the likes of Beastboy and Raven. I will however, weigh in any options. It would be discriminatory (Simca and big words..I should hug her really, and her sugary-fast topic made me smile. Anyway) to only allow a terra and no others, but I absoltely hate any user raping the canon characters like BB and Cyborg (Booyah-syndrome!)

I say it's 50/50. You'll hear from me!

~Emblem
Back to top Go down
Kruel
Kruel

RPG character

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:21 pm

Okay. Really hope its a yes, but if not... well, it happens
Back to top Go down

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:50 pm

I'm hoping I'm not too new to make a suggestion here, but because it would be discriminatory to only allow Terra, and because rping characters like Beast Boy and Cyborg would probably become painful to read, why don't we go for a compromise? Maybe we could only ban the original Teen Titans (Robin, Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy and Cyborg, just to clarify) and some selected villains I guess... I don't really know ><.

But I agree with Simca (lol, that was an amusing post, I love how you can say such good points in such a random way) I'd love to play some of the minor villains, and just minor characters in general, and although Terra isn't really that minor, she's not technically a Titan. Soo... yeah. Hopefully this isn't too bad an idea... >< What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:56 am

I think it is vital to bring some sort of an update on this. Just so you all know I'm working on it.

If Emblem can't get out a decision out right away, Emmy goes to Krious. Krious got good vibes. Smart vibes. Aaanyway..

Well, there is some truth in it. While there's a huge streak of sheer genius between Krious and myself, it couldn't hurt to pose the problem to him and talk about it. The problem however, as I see it, is as following:

Terra is a canon character. Whether or not she continues from ''Things Change'', Terra remains canon.

Rule: No canon characters.
This rule wasn't here on the most old form of TTRPG but it was introduced because it was (as it was gladly put) a pain to read. I'd love to help anyone improve their roleplaying, but there are some cases in which it's unexplainingly horrible. The people RPing certain canon characters, mostly Raven and BB, were either using them as a boy or girlfriend, or would tore a RP-hole in the character. It wasn't BB, it wasn't Raven, it was just plain nasty. Those players weren't good enough to create their own character as I saw it and would roleplay and therefor, screw up a character that already existed. Those same members would leave after a while and leave the character unattended, only for another to pick it up and screw it up again.

This rule wasn't made for nothing. People were pushed to create their own here in Jump City, without interfering from any character that had been there in the series. While it, and it being not only the city, has changed with those characters, it had become a bit less Teen titans, more action. This, to me, is nothing more then logical. Where we seek adventure, the Teen Titans would see a relationship as holding hands and being hit as saying ''Ouch'' and nothing more. This site is a bit less TT, but a bit more creative freedom to make your character what you want him to be. I personally think this site doesn't have much rules to follow.

Shadow's Idea: Allowing certain characters and banning others.
Shadow, I love your way of thinking, and I thank you for adding your idea. You're never too new to introduce something, only those who do not will miss something. This idea however, has one big problem. The members of this site are from a lot of different countries. I, Emblem, am from The Netherlands, have teached myself English, and while I'm out of my teens, I'm no old adult as well. We have older and younger members, some coming from England, America and well, you name it. To maintain a balance between those skilled in English and those who have problems with it, those who RP a lot and those who RP a bit less, there needs to be a strict balance.

Banning some characters and allowing others would force me to play favorites. I would instantly ban the ''Main Titans'' but that would introduce other canon characters, such as Speedy, Argent or Aquaman, to replace the banned characters. Those who favor Speedy would rejoice, while those favoring BB would be displeased. It would diminish freedom with every banned character.

But Shadow, kudo's for your idea. It got me to think what I really don't want and really want. A balance. Or, a skilled RP.

You see, I could implement a ''Apply for character''-feature. Show us you are skilled enough (with me and maybe others as judge...who aren't pleased easily) and you'll be allowed to play as an Canon Character. Under supervisement. Would you fail to grasp it or change it too much, then permission is taken back again. this would be tricky with your Terra though, as you're going where the series left her. Maybe show some RP's you have done in the past...I dunno. I wouldn't want to deny you any RP-fun, but this would change a big rule. Old TTRPG had this applying as well, but less strict...and that got them nowhere.

I'm working on it! Yay for me! More to hear from me probably this evening!

~Emblem
Back to top Go down
Kruel
Kruel

RPG character

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:32 pm

Well I'll apologise for making such a big problem for you all. Initially when I posted this I asked if I could play Terra not seeing in the rules something that said "no canon characters" and I did look. If this is the rule though and they're a no no, I'll save a lot of bother and simply decline to RP then. I initially wanted to have a crack at Terra simply because I felt the show was horribly screwed over by the studio. Season 5 as you all know was planned to be 20+ episodes until the last moment when it was cut back to 13. Because of this the conclusion with Terra was simply terrible. There is some ambiguity with her never been refered to as Terra, but this doesn't cover a missing statue, the same voice actress used, the same character art, or the comments by the andriod Slade.

So my intention was to play a human, normal Terra and perhaps give a more solid conclusion, or continuation. Ideally though I wished the show had simply kept her in the statue format so by season 5's end we could have hope she would one day return, or maybe save her for Teen Titans Trouble In Tokyo, even for the smallest of cameos. Alas it was not to be.

So anyway given you guys have a rule against canon characters I didn't even see I'll happily decline to play Terra. Good RPing to all of you.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Dear Terra,

As long as it's under advisement and no judgment had been cast, why deny it yourself? I had wanted you to prove you're able to and that would be your opportunity. Your apparant willingness to play Terra founded my beliefs for a new feature, so why stop when it's possible?

I do see that trying to fix this site's features all at the same time had stretched my rulebook making more towards the long run. I apologise for this error. I had once done some Q&A at the Team-signup and forgot to add it. A new topic has been made regarding some questions. It doesn't correct my flaw however. Again, I am sorry. If you don't want me to regard the option, then I shall not. I'd hope you'd make another character, with if you willed it, similar powers to Terra. that is fully up to you though.

~Emblem

Back to top Go down
Kruel
Kruel

RPG character

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Hey no worries. Its just I don't want to upset the balance and make it unfair for the other players
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:30 pm

It it opens the site for a new feature...keep raising hell! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:47 pm

Emmy! Don't say that! We'll...Mg will be dealing with riding the world of zombies then and even though that would get her anger out, she cannot do it all! Bad boy for putting ideas like that in their heads.
Back to top Go down
Emblem
Infinimagus on Fire
Infinimagus on Fire
Emblem

RPG character
Name:

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Emblem = Evil = loving a good hellraise.

However Mg, where's your opinion on this. Thought a Mod's ideas to be viable. You can rid ther world of zombies another day..
Back to top Go down

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 6:07 pm

If the new guy has any say, I'd vote for letting her give it a go! Nothing wrong with playing canon characters, so long as you try to stick to their apparent personality. Plus, we're all fans of Teen Titans, and playing with some of our favorite characters I think would be a fun idea.

But, I do also like the idea of a probational period for the mods to decide. No harm no foul if they feel you should play a non-canon instead, but if not- HEY WE GOT A TERRA~~

Anyways, that's what I think on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Terra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terra   Terra Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terra
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next